NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The British Are Racist Because They Vote Black People Off X Factor - Actor

+6
Fred Moletrousers
Raggamuffin
Eilzel
Beekeeper
eddie
veya_victaous
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The British Are Racist Because They Vote Black People Off X Factor - Actor Empty The British Are Racist Because They Vote Black People Off X Factor - Actor

Post by Guest Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:29 am

11th February 2014

What a pleb.

Viewers of the X Factor have been branded racist because they never vote for the best black singers, a Hollywood star has claimed.

Irish actor Chris O’Dowd said he was a big fan of the ITV reality show, but accused viewers of discriminating against black contestants by voting them out in round five every year.

His comments – which come after a series of X Factor contestants complained they were exposed to racist abuse after appearing on the show – prompted campaigners to call for more protection to be given to those who appear on the show.

The 34-year-old, who is known for his starring roles in hit sitcom The IT Crowd and romantic comedy Bridesmaids, told the Radio Times: ‘I’m a big X Factor fan. Generally my favourites go out in the first few weeks and, of course, because the viewing public is so racist, all the black, strong singers go out in round five every year.’

Two of the X Factor’s past winners, Leona Lewis and Alexandra Burke, are mixed race while the boyband JLS which was runner-up to Burke are black and the show has featured many black contestants.

But it has also been hit by a series of complaints that ethnic minority singers are discriminated against as they reach the later stages of the competition.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2556415/X-Factor-voters-branded-racist-Actor-Chris-ODowd-accuses-viewers-discriminating-against-black-singers-voting-final-rounds.html#ixzz2t04pjIUI
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Back to top Go down

The British Are Racist Because They Vote Black People Off X Factor - Actor Empty Re: The British Are Racist Because They Vote Black People Off X Factor - Actor

Post by veya_victaous Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:55 am

I would put that down to demographics
it is not necessarily racism, People are more like to actually call up and vote for someone they can fantasise about being(with  Cool ) and in a majority white anglo population that is most likely going to be a white anglo.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

The British Are Racist Because They Vote Black People Off X Factor - Actor Empty Re: The British Are Racist Because They Vote Black People Off X Factor - Actor

Post by Guest Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:59 am

veya_victaous wrote:I would put that down to demographics
it is not necessarily racism, People are more like to actually call up and vote for someone they can fantasise about being(with  Cool ) and in a majority white anglo population that is most likely going to be a white anglo.

You sayin I couldn't have Beyoncé, b1tch?

Ok, how bout Shirley Bassey?

No?

Guess it gone have to be Rusty Lee den.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:05 am

Call me crazy "you're crazy", thanks for that, maybe, just maybe, they vote for the best performer and that just doesn't happen to be a black person yet.

What are the odds of the next X factor winning being black now this has come to light , pretty good i would say.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:07 am

Alexander Burke?

Leona Lewis?

Weren't they black?

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:07 am

No I tell you what it is.
Most Black singers cannot sing very well live - if you really listen, they go flat a lot.

Also, I think many people that vote, are not interested in soundy-the-samey singers, and most black artists all belt and wail like Whitney-wannabes.

I like to see people who are unique.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:11 am

eddie wrote:No I tell you what it is.
Most Black singers cannot sing very well live - if you really listen, they go flat a lot.

Also, I think many people that vote, are not interested in soundy-the-samey singers, and most black artists all belt and wail like Whitney-wannabes.

I think there tendency to wail gets on peoples nerves too, they can sound a bit nasal too but in a choir wow...they are great.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:12 am

heavenly father wrote:
eddie wrote:No I tell you what it is.

I think there tendency to wail gets on peoples nerves too, they can sound a bit nasal too but in a choir wow...they are great.

I think it's true to say HF that all the best singers, no matter their colour, stay away from Fix Factor.
Black Choirs are wonderful!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:16 am

eddie wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

I think it's true to say HF that all the best singers, no matter their colour, stay away from Fix Factor.
Black Choirs are wonderful!

it is true about the x factor the winner is decided then they make a show, the harmonies on black choirs are just amazing...

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Eilzel Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:49 am

Totally disagree on black singers eds; Whitney was one of the best, and though he was nuts let's not forget the prince of pop that was Michael Jackson!

As for X Factor, it's a nonesense there too as andy has pointed out- Leona Lewis remains the most succesful winner bar none (1D didn't actually win), JLS came runners up (groups rarely win-is the public anti-friends too???) but were ultra successful- they were runners up to Alexandra so how on earth does a winner and runners up one year being black square with the British being raciat?
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:49 am

People on the X Factor don't get voted out, they get voted in. I liked Alexander Burke when she did "fun" stuff - I got tired of all the power singing.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:27 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:Alexander Burke?

Leona Lewis?

Weren't they black?
Not really - half black. And I aree with whoever said they all shriek like Whitney wannabes - they do, and it gets repetetive. There are loads of good singers around but it's the uniqueness that wins, (except if they're Scottish or Irish, then all of Ireland and Scotland will vote for them even if they sound like a cat who'd just had his nuts trod on.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:31 pm

I decline to take part in this discussion on the grounds that (a) I have never seen X-factor, (b) would never willingly watch X-factor and (c) because I'm a curmudgeonly old bugger who thinks that Acker Bilk is too "new generation."

Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:57 pm

All Black people don't sound the same- Whitney Houston sounded completely different to Michael Jackson who sounded different to Prince who sounded different to Jay Z and Shaggy.

Generalisations galore eh... Wink
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:07 pm

m'lud,"" stranger on the shore"" by Acker was a classic,agreed?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain May Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:16 pm

nicko wrote:m'lud,"" stranger on the shore"" by Acker was a classic,agreed?
and Aria

Captain May
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:17 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:I decline to take part in this discussion on the grounds that (a) I have never seen X-factor, (b) would never willingly watch X-factor and (c) because I'm a curmudgeonly old bugger who thinks that Acker Bilk is too "new generation."

Akker Bilk is what I put in my tea, Thora Hurd is what I do in the bathroom.

And Barclays Bank is when her that must be endured says "not tonight"
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:19 pm

didn't know you were a cockney handy.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:25 pm

Me ole man was. E tort it me when I wus a nippa, like.
Talk proper nowadays , as befits a company director running a major firm, and living in a country mansion,
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain May Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:08 pm

How does a Tom become prostitute Andy. Don't get that.

Captain May
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:28 pm

Seamen Staines wrote:How does a Tom become prostitute Andy. Don't get that.
All a bit vague - most think from Tom Foolery or Tomboy.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:34 pm

Eilzel wrote:All Black people don't sound the same- Whitney Houston sounded completely different to Michael Jackson who sounded different to Prince who sounded different to Jay Z and Shaggy.

Generalisations galore eh... Wink

Black people make for the best singers imo, you can add Stevie Wonder to that list, as he sounds different from those listed again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain May Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:18 pm

Handy Andy wrote:
Seamen Staines wrote:How does a Tom become prostitute Andy. Don't get that.
All a bit vague -  most think from Tom Foolery or Tomboy.

Tom Foolery is jewellery is it not. Often when watching the Bill I was puzzled by the coppers calling prostitutes Toms.

Captain May
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:29 pm

Eilzel wrote:Totally disagree on black singers eds; Whitney was one of the best, and though he was nuts let's not forget the prince of pop that was Michael Jackson!

As for X Factor, it's a nonesense there too as andy has pointed out- Leona Lewis remains the most succesful winner bar none (1D didn't actually win), JLS came runners up (groups rarely win-is the public anti-friends too???) but were ultra successful- they were runners up to Alexandra so how on earth does a winner and runners up one year being black square with the British being raciat?

With the exception of Leona Lewis and Alexander BeefburgerBurke (who I cannot abide) a lot of black singers go flat; FACT. I hear it every time they sing live. My ear is fine- tuned to singing Les, it's what I know best.
JLS often went flat and don't get me started on Kanye West and those other "singers".
Go and listen to them properly.

Whitney was a fine singer, went flat at the end of her career whilst singing live, but by then she was a druggie. Michael Jackson, to my knowledge of what I've seen (only) has never gone flat, nor has Lionel Ritchie.

Don't know why it is, and I'm not saying it doesn't happen with any other race, but it definitely happens LOADS with black singers.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain May Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:35 pm

None too keen on any of these shows they are full of people crying more than singing. Very contrived, very false, very very boring.

Mrs Staines likes Dancing on Ice though.

Captain May
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:39 pm

nicko wrote:m'lud,"" stranger on the shore"" by Acker was a classic,agreed?

Absolutely. I saw him perform it at Bedford Jazz Club in the early 60s. Fantastic.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:40 pm

Handy Andy wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:I decline to take part in this discussion on the grounds that (a) I have never seen X-factor, (b) would never willingly watch X-factor and (c) because I'm a curmudgeonly old bugger who thinks that Acker Bilk is too "new generation."

Akker Bilk is what I put in my tea, Thora Hurd is what I do in the bathroom.

And Barclays Bank is when her that must be endured says "not tonight"

You're putting the cock into Cockney, so to speak...
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:43 pm

I wish they'd have more Motown-type stuff on the X Factor. That's proper music, and it came from black people. I'm not keen on all this wailing and screeching.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain May Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:45 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I wish they'd have more Motown-type stuff on the X Factor. That's proper music, and it came from black people. I'm not keen on all this wailing and screeching.

That's what I said too much crying is no one listening?

Captain May
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:47 pm

Seamen Staines wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:I wish they'd have more Motown-type stuff on the X Factor. That's proper music, and it came from black people. I'm not keen on all this wailing and screeching.

That's what I said too much crying is no one listening?

Do you mean the sob stories? I meant the actual singing.  Laughing 

There are too many sob stories - I just want to know if someone can sing and if they can pick a good song. I'm not interested in their life history.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain May Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:53 pm

Yes I mean the sob stories aren't people gullible. Really it's excruciating I will only countenance Dancing on Ice and even then under duress.

Captain May
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:56 pm

Seamen Staines wrote:Yes I mean the sob stories aren't people gullible. Really it's excruciating I will only countenance Dancing on Ice and even then under duress.

I don't actually watch the X Factor any more - too much personal stuff and too many adverts. It all started with Andy the bin man really. How many times did they mention that he was a bin man?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:58 pm

Seamen Staines wrote:Yes I mean the sob stories aren't people gullible. Really it's excruciating I will only countenance Dancing on Ice and even then under duress.

Most of the best songs ever written, came off the back of real life experiences though..Perhaps that is the reasoning behind that section of the show.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:00 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

I don't actually watch the X Factor any more - too much personal stuff and too many adverts. It all started with Andy the bin man really. How many times did they mention that he was a bin man?

Rags to riches?  Rolling Eyes 

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:02 pm

Catman wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Nonsense - it was to get sympathy and votes. There's nothing wrong with being a bin man anyway.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:07 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Catman wrote:

Nonsense - it was to get sympathy and votes. There's nothing wrong with being a bin man anyway.

I don't agree.

All the life stories of the contestants were explored, you just remember the ones that described the sufferings in their lives.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:08 pm

eddie wrote:
Eilzel wrote:Totally disagree on black singers eds; Whitney was one of the best, and though he was nuts let's not forget the prince of pop that was Michael Jackson!

With the exception of Leona Lewis and Alexander BeefburgerBurke (who I cannot abide) a lot of black singers go flat; FACT. I hear it every time they sing live. My ear is fine- tuned to singing Les, it's what I know best.
JLS often went flat and don't get me started on Kanye West and those other "singers".
Go and listen to them properly.

Whitney was a fine singer, went flat at the end of her career whilst singing live, but by then she was a druggie. Michael Jackson, to my knowledge of what I've seen (only) has never gone flat, nor has Lionel Ritchie.

Don't know why it is, and I'm not saying it doesn't happen with any other race, but it definitely happens LOADS with black singers.

Sorry have to agree with Eilzel, there have been some astounding Black singers, though my favorites are old school like Sam Cooke, Ella Fitzgerald, Otis Reading, Etta James, Nina Simone, some of the best singers you will ever have the privileged to listen to. You are not the only one with perfect pitch, mine though was having a gift for learning and obtaining the violin and viola to grade 8 in 3 years, though after playing 4 years in Orchestras I got bored with it. I don't think there is any difference in white of black singers many all have unique voices, as in both though many get wrapped up the celebrity enigma, some turning to drugs or other issues.

What you have to ask is what songs sung are the hardest to sing and I bet you any money Eddie most you will find have are sung by black artists!    

As to whether audiences are racist on xfactor?

Nope, most people tend to vote for the biggest idiots just to piss off the producers or who they like, as have seen great talents get voted off.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:12 pm

Catman wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I don't agree.

All the life stories of the contestants were explored, you just remember the ones that described the sufferings in their lives.

Being a bin man equates to "suffering"?

I'm saying that I don't want to hear any of their life stories - apart from the basic stuff about where they're from, etc.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:19 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Catman wrote:

I don't agree.

I'm saying that I don't want to hear any of their life stories - apart from the basic stuff about where they're from, etc.

lol! 

I would think that it might be a harder sort of life, rather than, say a bank worker etc...

I like the section where they explore all the contestants life stories, adds depth to the show imo.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:20 pm

Catman wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

lol! 

I would think that it might be a harder sort of life, rather than, say a bank worker etc...

I like the section where they explore all the contestants life stories, adds depth to the show imo.

Probably more interesting than being a bank worker though.

I just find all the personal stuff goes on too long. The shows are too grand as well - it was better when it was simpler.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:37 pm

I really liked Alisha Bennett. It's a pity she was off key so much because she had great style!
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:39 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Catman wrote:

lol! 

Probably more interesting than being a bank worker though.

I just find all the personal stuff goes on too long. The shows are too grand as well - it was better when it was simpler.

Perhaps.

But they have to keep up with modern technology i would suppose, and that show just mirrors the way that society is going imo.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:45 pm

Ashley McKenzie was good too - great voice, but he didn't try hard enough.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:49 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Ashley McKenzie was good too - great voice, but he didn't try hard enough.

Can't remember him, perhaps you could post a video in the music section or something.  Cool 

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:50 pm

I thought that Will Young was the best winner.

Black singers I like the best...

Gladys Knight

Natalie Cole

Fantastic
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:51 pm

Just remembered. What about Michelle McManus?

cheers 
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:52 pm

Catman wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Ashley McKenzie was good too - great voice, but he didn't try hard enough.

Can't remember him, perhaps you could post a video in the music section or something.  Cool 

There aren't many of him sadly - he did a great version of "I'd rather go blind".
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:52 pm

Irn Bru wrote:I thought that Will Young was the best winner.

Black singers I like the best...

Gladys Knight

Natalie Cole

Fantastic

cheers 

Will Young is THE best, and he told Simon Cowell where to get off for bullying another contestant.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:52 pm

Irn Bru wrote:Just remembered. What about Michelle McManus?

cheers 

She was white. Good singer though.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next