NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jennifer Lawrence is trying to open up closed, rigid, old fashioned minds, about FEMINISM

+9
magica
'Wolfie
Maddog
Original Quill
veya_victaous
eddie
Syl
Vintage
JulesV
13 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Jennifer Lawrence is trying to open up closed, rigid,  old fashioned minds, about FEMINISM - Page 2 Empty Jennifer Lawrence is trying to open up closed, rigid, old fashioned minds, about FEMINISM

Post by JulesV Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:55 pm

First topic message reminder :

This stunning lady is a self proclaimed feminist. So she was given a lot of stick for showing 'too much flesh' recently.

WTF????  What a Face  What a Face Do people still have the outdated idea that as a feminist she must not attempt to look feminine in any way? Should she have turned up in a nasty grey boiler suit, with cropped hair?

It's cringeworthy the way some misguided women treat the term as a dirty word and explain  "I am not a feminist" in their debates, like it's beneath them... I mean, God forbid, shock, horror,  that anyone should think they are feminists.  Jennifer Lawrence is trying to open up closed, rigid,  old fashioned minds, about FEMINISM - Page 2 3489511464

----------------------------------------------------------

Some old fashioned myths about feminism:-
They are all political activists
They are all placard waving militants
They go on demonstrations.
They are lesbians
I (jules) am a feminist and none of the above applies to me. lol!    Feminism is a state of mind where you believe in parity  and equality between men & women, that's all. It's just a philosophy your head. Hence why some male politicians proudly call themselves feminists.  

Last edited by Jules on Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Jennifer Lawrence is trying to open up closed, rigid,  old fashioned minds, about FEMINISM - Page 2 Empty Re: Jennifer Lawrence is trying to open up closed, rigid, old fashioned minds, about FEMINISM

Post by Original Quill Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:57 pm

Syl wrote:
Jules wrote:Hey, chill guys.  Razz

We all appear to contradict ourselves sometimes ...... cos we live in a complex, confusing and fast changing world. Inevitably our posts will occasionally display cognitive dissonance.

Cognitive dissonance does not mean we're being hypocritical, it means we're only human.

I awarded Syl a ''Thanks'' for plentiful and interesting contribution to the topic, and I gave her a green just for showing Halle Berry's dress, .... loved that dress.  cheers

When the software allows it, I will give Wolfe, Quill and the other guys greenies too, for their passionately-delivered opinions on the topic (and for being such skilled devil's advocates. Twisted Evil  But perhaps you could tone down the cursing and swearing??  Razz )

Thank you Jules.
I have enjoyed the thread.....I like a bit of showbizzy talk as you know. Cool
I'm not sure how Quill could so wrongly misconstrue what I have said throughout the thread....but to be clear once and for all....I LOVE JENIFER LAWRENCE. Laughing

I don't know how you got into the conversation, ether. Originally, I was commenting on what veya said:

veya wrote:...it's not that she wore a Sexy Dress, it's that she felt the need to get half naked for 5 minutes for PHOTOS to create just another example of Unrealistic beauty/behaviour expectations for young girls.

There was no hostility in the conversation between veya and me, just elaborating on the issue that it's what actors do. I think you transferred your anger toward Wolf to me (recall, you were pasting him with reds), somewhere in the process of assuming the interlocutor position.

In any case, I like Jennifer Lawrence too. It's unusual that we should be having this discussion, because frankly her skills as an actor far surpass any 'good looks'. If we were talking about Michelle Pfeiffer...now there's natural beauty, IMO. Pfeiffer is a good example, because, although an excellent actress as well, her beauty rather trapped her in the type-cast of Russo-Teutonic woman (eg, Katya in The Russia House).

Jennifer Lawrence has made a serious study of acting...the thespian art. She does a fantastic job of suspending disbelief in her portrayal of characters, both heroic (Katniss) and vulnerable (Roselyn Rosenfeld).

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Jennifer Lawrence is trying to open up closed, rigid,  old fashioned minds, about FEMINISM - Page 2 Empty Re: Jennifer Lawrence is trying to open up closed, rigid, old fashioned minds, about FEMINISM

Post by Maddog Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:00 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:

Thank you Jules.
I'm not sure how Quill could so wrongly misconstrue what I have said throughout the thread....but to be clear once and for all....I LOVE JENIFER LAWRENCE. Laughing

I don't know how you got into the conversation, ether.  Originally, I was commenting on what veya said:

veya wrote:...it's not that she wore a Sexy Dress, it's that she felt the need to get half naked for 5 minutes for PHOTOS to create just another example of Unrealistic beauty/behaviour expectations for young girls.

There was no hostility in the conversation between veya and me, just elaborating on the issue that it's what actors do.  I think you transferred your anger toward Wolf to me (recall, you were pasting him with reds), somewhere in the process of assuming the interlocutor position.

In any case, I like Jennifer Lawrence too.  It's unusual that we should be having this discussion, because frankly her skills as an actor far surpass any 'good looks'.  If we were talking about Michelle Pfeiffer...now there's natural beauty, IMO.  Pfeiffer is a good example, because, although an excellent actress as well, her beauty rather trapped her in the type-cast of Russo-Teutonic woman (eg, Katya in The Russia House).

Jennifer Lawrence has made a serious study of acting...the thespian art.  She does a fantastic job of suspending disbelief in her portrayal of characters, both heroic (Katniss) and vulnerable (Roselyn Rosenfeld).

She looks good nearly naked too, which is about all I know about her.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:10 pm

I read she had some nude scenes in Red Sparrow. I haven't seen it.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:11 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:

Thank you Jules.

I don't know how you got into the conversation, ether.  Originally, I was commenting on what veya said:

There was no hostility in the conversation between veya and me, just elaborating on the issue that it's what actors do.  I think you transferred your anger toward Wolf to me (recall, you were pasting him with reds), somewhere in the process of assuming the interlocutor position.

In any case, I like Jennifer Lawrence too.  It's unusual that we should be having this discussion, because frankly her skills as an actor far surpass any 'good looks'.  If we were talking about Michelle Pfeiffer...now there's natural beauty, IMO.  Pfeiffer is a good example, because, although an excellent actress as well, her beauty rather trapped her in the type-cast of Russo-Teutonic woman (eg, Katya in The Russia House).

Jennifer Lawrence has made a serious study of acting...the thespian art.  She does a fantastic job of suspending disbelief in her portrayal of characters, both heroic (Katniss) and vulnerable (Roselyn Rosenfeld).

If you are answering Veya best not quote me then.....you were nasty for no reason. Rolling Eyes

I gave Wetwipe ONE red.....and told him about it.

Michelle Pfeiffer is still working, she is one of the lucky ones that has aged yet is still finding work in the youth obsessed industry that is Hollywood.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:37 pm

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

If you are answering Veya best not quote me then.....you were nasty for no reason. Rolling Eyes

You leapt into the interlocutor role as veya turned in.

Syl wrote:I gave Wetwipe ONE red.....and told him about it.

You always have something hostile to say to Wolf.  I am only suggesting that you assumed the same attitude with me, as I responded to your post...and that's where the hostility came in.  You asked; that's my answer.

Syl wrote:Michelle Pfeiffer is still working, she is one of the lucky ones that has aged yet is still finding work in the youth obsessed industry that is Hollywood.

Pfeiffer is a classic beauty.  And you're right, this has helped her age well.  But I think it has also been to the detriment of her career.  Her looks so overwhelm, that she is type-cast somewhat, into mob roles such as Scarface and Married to the Mob, or rich, spoiled daughters, as in Wolf.

She's done enough fine work to show greater sensitivity and talent (One Fine Day) than she is given credit for.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:50 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:

You always have something hostile to say to Wolf.  I am only suggesting that you assumed the same attitude with me, as I responded to your post...and that's where the hostility came in.  You asked; that's my answer.

Syl wrote:Michelle Pfeiffer is still working, she is one of the lucky ones that has aged yet is still finding work in the youth obsessed industry that is Hollywood.

Pfeiffer is a classic beauty.  And you're right, this has helped her age well.  But I think it has also been to the detriment of her career.  Her looks so overwhelm, that she is type-cast somewhat, into mob roles such as Scarface and Married to the Mob, or rich, spoiled daughters, as in Wolf.

She's done enough fine work to show greater sensitivity and talent (One Fine Day) than she is given credit for.

Rolling Eyes
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:33 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:

I was simply commenting on the pic of JL when she was posing with her co stars....you misconstrued my post for some reason.

You are obviously oblivious to the abuse your little friend throws out in almost every post he makes.....it makes you look rather blinkered the way you blindly support him.

I agree about Ms Pfeiffer, I dont think I have ever seen her in an unenjoyable film, she always brings something special to the roles she plays.
So I think she can be forgiven for Grease 2.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:28 am

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

I was simply commenting on the pic of JL when she was posing with her co stars....you misconstrued my post for some reason.

You are obviously oblivious to the abuse your little friend throws out in almost every post he makes.....it makes you look rather blinkered the way you blindly support him.

I agree about Ms Pfeiffer, I dont think I have ever seen her in an unenjoyable film, she always brings something special to the roles she plays.

So we agree on JL. And I agree that Pfeiffer is an excellent actress. As for Wolf, grow up...many of his posts are just hyperbolic childishness. Why bother to respond?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:46 am

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:

Cool

Sly has always been a nasty, nasty old harridan on this site...

Not just her inbred sexism and racism,  but her constant "defending the indefensible" in relation to her good chum, the well known racist, white supremacist and xenophobic neo-nazi mini-minor Stormee, and other trolling InaFlop rejects..

Not to mention those regular attacks against "immigrants", refugees, "Asian" gangs, the unemployed, the disabled and single mothers from her clucky little hens circle, blaming those scary blacks, asians and welfare recipoents for ev3rything that goes awry in her nasty little world.

As for those stupid and dishonest personal insults that regularly eminate from the likes of Sly and her mad mates on here,  it certainly puts the lie to their claims of being nice and "honest" ladies, being unfairly put upon by we wicked foreigners..

As long as they keep on spouting their lying bullshit against me on here, I will keep on returning it threefold --  except that I never have to lie about those disgusting old crones in turn, as they provide me with more ammo every time they abuse me...
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:44 pm

Go and have a lie down wetwipe...you are getting yourself all worked up.Jennifer Lawrence is trying to open up closed, rigid,  old fashioned minds, about FEMINISM - Page 2 Crying-baby-smiley-emoticon
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:50 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:

So we agree on JL.  And I agree that Pfeiffer is an excellent actress.    As for Wolf, grow up...many of his posts are just hyperbolic childishness.  Why bother to respond?

Because sometimes, when I am really REALLY bored, its nice to see him try to splutter and lie his way out of the fact he is a nasty little abusive man, far removed from the victim he cracks on to be. Wink

Enough of him...

Yes we agree on the two ladies mentioned. 'What lies beneath' was another good film with a great performance by MP.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:41 pm

I think feminism is an outdated word.

Many women agree with the point of feminism but don't call themselves feminist. I complete agree with women expressing themselves anyway they want, and if she wants to show her body, what's wrong with that.

I agree with many points of feminist but have never called myself one, I don't like to fit in boxes.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:42 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Cool

Not just her inbred sexism and racism,  but her constant "defending the indefensible" in relation to her good chum, the well known racist, white supremacist and xenophobic neo-nazi mini-minor Stormee, and other trolling InaFlop rejects..

Not to mention those regular attacks against "immigrants", refugees, "Asian" gangs, the unemployed, the disabled and single mothers from her clucky little hens circle, blaming those scary blacks, asians and welfare recipoents for ev3rything that goes awry in her nasty little world.

As for those stupid and dishonest personal insults that regularly eminate from the likes of Sly and her mad mates on here,  it certainly puts the lie to their claims of being nice and "honest" ladies, being unfairly put upon by we wicked foreigners..

As long as they keep on spouting their lying bullshit against me on here, I will keep on returning it threefold --  except that I never have to lie about those disgusting old crones in turn, as they provide me with more ammo every time they abuse me...

How nasty, there was no need for this.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:17 pm

magica wrote:I think feminism is an outdated word.

Many women agree with the point of  feminism but don't call themselves feminist. I complete agree with women expressing themselves anyway they want, and if she wants to show her body, what's wrong with that.

I agree with many points of feminist but have never called myself one, I don't like to fit in boxes.

I think some people have the idea that all feminists look like raging dykes, too ugly to attract a man so they wave their womens lib banners and begrudge others their beauty.

In reality true feminists just want their rights to be treated with equality, and that has sod all to do with the clothes they wear.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:32 pm

Syl wrote:

Many women agree with the point of  feminism but don't call themselves feminist. I complete agree with women expressing themselves anyway they want, and if she wants to show her body, what's wrong with that.

I think some people have the idea that all feminists look like raging dykes, too ugly to attract a man so they wave their womens lib banners and begrudge others their beauty.

In reality true feminists just want their rights to be treated with equality, and that has sod all to do with the clothes they wear.

I agree Syl, I'm all for equality and being paid the same as a man when doing the same job.

magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:41 am

Nobody can ever be forgiven for Grease 2.

Ever.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:18 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Cool

Razz

Redded again  !!!

As Angry' has commented before, being "redded" by any of that poor and sorry bunch of racist floptard losers should be considered a compliment around here  !

The truth always hurts among that gang of pathetic 'snowflakes'..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:28 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Cool

Razz

Redded again  !!!

As Angry' has commented before, being "redded" by any of that poor and sorry bunch of racist floptard losers should be considered a compliment around here  !

Oh shut up you idiot

I may get annoyed at her for being dishonest at times, but she is never racist or sexist you muppet

I guess many people think the same as I never gave you a red but clearly someone else did and you deserve it for being so stupid constantly claiming something she is not

She has never made any posts on immigration but clearly been outspoken on grooming gangs, which I would like to think you would also be outspoken on. Surely you would agree?

So stop being a twat

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:59 am

I've never heard of Jennifer Lawrence. I looked her up and apparently she was in an episode of Monk, which I do watch. She was a Mascot dressed as a lion though, so I'm not sure I'd remember her. Laughing

I'm surprised that dress is holding anything up tbh. Razz
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:00 am

Vintage wrote:What is so wonderful about Western 'sexy' its a business and a social pressure. People in other cultures, of all shapes and sizes, seem to find each other appealing buck naked in the jungle or plainly and modestly dressed without having to wear sexy clothes and hike their boobs up to their ear lobes.

True sex appeal is inherent, comes from within, rather than externally.   Doesn't matter how many nearly dresses you wear, if you haven't got it, you'll never have it.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:03 am

Syl wrote:

They're responsible for the state retirement age for women rising in the UK!
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:11 am

Same girl, different look, which is showing her true inner sexiness?

Jennifer Lawrence is trying to open up closed, rigid,  old fashioned minds, about FEMINISM - Page 2 Olga-kurylenko-05Jennifer Lawrence is trying to open up closed, rigid,  old fashioned minds, about FEMINISM - Page 2 01-830x553
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:45 pm

Didge wrote:
WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Razz

Redded again  !!!

Oh shut up you idiot

I may get annoyed at her for being dishonest at times, but she is never racist or sexist you muppet

I guess many people think the same as I never gave you a red but clearly someone else did and you deserve it for being so stupid constantly claiming something she is not

She has never made any posts on immigration but clearly been outspoken on grooming gangs, which I would like to think you would also be outspoken on. Surely you would agree?

So stop being a twat

I'm never dishonest...if you don't like what I say that's your prerogative, but I am always honest in what I say.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:46 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Syl wrote:

They're responsible for the state retirement age for women rising in the UK!

Equality works both ways.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:49 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:Same girl, different look, which is showing her true inner sexiness?

Jennifer Lawrence is trying to open up closed, rigid,  old fashioned minds, about FEMINISM - Page 2 Olga-kurylenko-05Jennifer Lawrence is trying to open up closed, rigid,  old fashioned minds, about FEMINISM - Page 2 01-830x553

Sexiness, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.
Some men thought Margaret Thatcher oozed sexuality, many men love the obvious Barbie doll look of huge boobs (even false ones) and a kilo of blonde hair extensions.

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:52 pm

Why is there so much emphasis on "sexiness" though? Why can't people just be people?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:55 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Why is there so much emphasis on "sexiness" though? Why can't people just be people?

I think anyone who tries to be sexy usually fails, unless your audience is a group of sex starved men or adolescent boys that is.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:03 pm

Syl wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Why is there so much emphasis on "sexiness" though? Why can't people just be people?

I think anyone who tries to be sexy usually fails, unless your audience is a group of sex starved men or adolescent boys that is.

well, i left work t'other day and got 50 yards up the estate and skidded on a bit of ice and spanked it down into the snow. fortunately it was a kind of bank of snow built up behind the hotdog van and it was like falling onto cushions so wasn't hurt at all. I reckon that me in my yetti coat with my fur lined snorkel hood flailing about like an overturned tortoise trying to get up must have been a major turn on for anyone watching

Speaking as a sexy feminist I think I can confidently say that my inner Goddess was well to the fore on that day

Jennifer Lawrence is trying to open up closed, rigid,  old fashioned minds, about FEMINISM - Page 2 3489511464

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:27 pm

This is the question isn't it, I know people say if you've got it - flaunt it but why?
If sexiness is from within then it doesn't matter what you wear, so why expose your bare flesh in a provocative way with strips of cloth being called a dress. It is then just a way of bringing more attention to yourself by being daring and provocative.
People of all shapes and sizes find others of all shapes and sizes sexy (attractive) without all that carry on, its just as well really or the human race would have come to a halt ong ago.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:31 pm

If a women dresses in a "sexy" manner in public, is she trying to attract a man then? There must surely be better ways of meeting a nice guy.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:31 pm

gelico wrote:
Syl wrote:

well, i left work t'other day and got  50 yards up the estate and skidded on a bit of ice and spanked it down into the snow.  fortunately it was a kind of bank of snow built up behind the hotdog van and it was like falling onto cushions so wasn't hurt at all.  I reckon that me in my yetti coat with my fur lined snorkel hood flailing about like an overturned tortoise trying to get up must have been a major turn on for anyone watching

Speaking as a sexy feminist I think I can confidently say that my inner Goddess was well to the fore on that day

Jennifer Lawrence is trying to open up closed, rigid,  old fashioned minds, about FEMINISM - Page 2 3489511464
lol!
Sense of humour is one of the things many people find sexy.....so you are all right on that score.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:33 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:If a women dresses in a "sexy" manner in public, is she  trying to attract a man then? There must surely be better ways of meeting a nice guy.
No doubt some women dress to attract men, whether they go for sexy or subtle, but not all.
Did you?
I have always dressed to please myself no one else.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:37 pm

Syl wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:If a women dresses in a "sexy" manner in public, is she  trying to attract a man then? There must surely be better ways of meeting a nice guy.
No doubt some women dress to attract men, whether they go for sexy or subtle, but not all.
Did you?

So why does a woman want to dress "sexy" to please herself? It's because she thinks it attracts men or makes other women envious, right? It's a substitute for conversation or having to actually be an interesting person.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:46 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Syl wrote:
Did you?

So why does a woman want to dress "sexy" to please herself? It's because she thinks it attracts men or makes other women envious, right? It's a substitute for conversation or having to actually be an interesting person.
Did you wear mini dresses? I certainly did first time round, they were  great in summer with tanned legs, and freeing.....some considered them sexy, I bet most women wore them because they were fashionable not sexy.
Most women want to look nice, if they think they look nice in a low frock or a short one, thats probably why they wear it.

The oscars and such events are a showcase for clothes as well as talent.....I doubt Jennifer Lawrence would wear that style of dress at most places.....its an attention grabber, and it certainly worked in her favour.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:14 pm

Syl wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Did you wear mini dresses? I certainly did first time round, they were  great in summer with tanned legs, and freeing.....some considered them sexy, I bet most women wore them because they were fashionable not sexy.
Most women want to look nice, if they think they look nice in a low frock or a short one, thats probably why they wear it.

The oscars and such events are a showcase for clothes as well as talent.....I doubt Jennifer Lawrence would wear that style of dress at most places.....its an attention grabber, and it certainly worked in her favour.

Nevertheless, women wear "sexy" clothes because they want to be admired - or envied.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:21 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Syl wrote:

Nevertheless, women wear "sexy" clothes because they want to be admired - or envied.

I dont think that's the case. It's a fact that if you know you look good in some outfit, sexy and revealing or otherwise then you also feel good. It shows as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:34 pm

gelico wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I dont think that's the case.  It's a fact that if you know you look good in some outfit, sexy and revealing or otherwise then you also feel good.  It shows as well.  

They feel good in sexy clothes because they know they're being admired - or envied.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:42 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
gelico wrote:

I dont think that's the case.  It's a fact that if you know you look good in some outfit, sexy and revealing or otherwise then you also feel good.  It shows as well.  

They feel good in sexy clothes because they know they're being admired - or envied.

I doubt that is even on most womens minds when they buy clothes. Rolling Eyes
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:57 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
gelico wrote:

what I mean is if you know you look fabulous in a particular outfit/colour/style (it could be a trouser suit, not necessarily revealing dress) then it will make you feel fabulous and confident which will probably make you feel sexy as well. If you're being admired then great but I think women mostly dress to please themselves not specifically to be admired or envied

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:01 pm

Syl wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Of course it is. Why else would they buy "sexy" clothes which suit them and which look good on them?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:06 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Syl wrote:

Of course it is. Why else would they buy "sexy" clothes which suit them and which look good on them?

Because they want to look nice and thats what they feel good in.
A woman can wear a really sober outfit and look sexy in it....another woman can be all tits, bum and teeth and look bloody awful....probably the latter is the one who is trying to look sexy, but I don't think that's the majority of women.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:33 pm

Syl wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

A woman can wear a really sober outfit and look sexy in it....another woman can be all tits, bum  and teeth and look bloody awful....probably the latter is the one who is trying to look sexy, but I don't think that's the majority of women.

My question is - why do they want to look sexy at all?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:08 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Syl wrote:

A woman can wear a really sober outfit and look sexy in it....another woman can be all tits, bum  and teeth and look bloody awful....probably the latter is the one who is trying to look sexy, but I don't think that's the majority of women.

The ones who do...you would have to ask them. my guess would be to make themselves feel desirable.
The ones who look sexy without giving it a second thought are the ones who don't even try.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:37 pm

Syl wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

The ones who do...you would have to ask them. my guess would be to make themselves feel desirable.
The ones who look sexy without giving it a second thought are the ones who don't even try.

That dress though - it's clearly designed to make her look sexy, right?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:55 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Syl wrote:

That dress though - it's clearly designed to make her look sexy, right?

Its a Versace creation. The designers want as much publicity as they can get at these shindigs....the first question asked at these big red carpet do's is "who are you wearing". Not many women say M&S. Razz
The clothes have to stand out one way or another, looking sexy is one way.

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:01 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:

Cool

FIND THE POSTS
FIND THEM.

IF YOU DON’T OR CANT I’LL BE ASKING THE OTHER ADMIN THEIR ADVICE ON YOUR CONTINUAL SPREAD OF LIES AGAINST ANOTHER POSTER

ILL BE BACK
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:11 pm

eddie wrote:
WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Cool

FIND THE POSTS
FIND THEM.

IF YOU DON’T OR CANT I’LL BE ASKING THE OTHER ADMIN THEIR ADVICE ON YOUR CONTINUAL SPREAD OF LIES AGAINST ANOTHER POSTER

ILL BE BACK

There appears to be a collective weariness growing in regards to someone's non stop ad hominem attacks coupled with a sickening level of virtue signalling.

Last edited by Maddog on Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:15 pm

I’m incredibly fucking weary. I’ve had the same done to me by a few posters past and present.

It’s time to stop the bullshit and lies and if I don’t get the backing of anyone else I’ll do it a-fucking-lone.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:25 pm

eddie wrote:I’m incredibly fucking weary. I’ve had the same done to me by a few posters past and present.

It’s time to stop the bullshit and lies and if I don’t get the backing of anyone else I’ll do it a-fucking-lone.

It's sorta why I have gone into troll/clown mode. I refuse to take people who constantly insult me, seriously.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:29 pm

Maddog wrote:
eddie wrote:I’m incredibly fucking weary. I’ve had the same done to me by a few posters past and present.

It's sorta why I have gone into troll/clown mode.  I refuse to take people who constantly insult me, seriously.  

I know that.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next