NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jennifer Lawrence is trying to open up closed, rigid, old fashioned minds, about FEMINISM

+9
magica
'Wolfie
Maddog
Original Quill
veya_victaous
eddie
Syl
Vintage
JulesV
13 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Jennifer Lawrence is trying to open up closed, rigid,  old fashioned minds, about FEMINISM - Page 4 Empty Jennifer Lawrence is trying to open up closed, rigid, old fashioned minds, about FEMINISM

Post by JulesV Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:55 pm

First topic message reminder :

This stunning lady is a self proclaimed feminist. So she was given a lot of stick for showing 'too much flesh' recently.

WTF????  What a Face  What a Face Do people still have the outdated idea that as a feminist she must not attempt to look feminine in any way? Should she have turned up in a nasty grey boiler suit, with cropped hair?

It's cringeworthy the way some misguided women treat the term as a dirty word and explain  "I am not a feminist" in their debates, like it's beneath them... I mean, God forbid, shock, horror,  that anyone should think they are feminists.  Jennifer Lawrence is trying to open up closed, rigid,  old fashioned minds, about FEMINISM - Page 4 3489511464

----------------------------------------------------------

Some old fashioned myths about feminism:-
They are all political activists
They are all placard waving militants
They go on demonstrations.
They are lesbians
I (jules) am a feminist and none of the above applies to me. lol!    Feminism is a state of mind where you believe in parity  and equality between men & women, that's all. It's just a philosophy your head. Hence why some male politicians proudly call themselves feminists.  

Last edited by Jules on Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Jennifer Lawrence is trying to open up closed, rigid,  old fashioned minds, about FEMINISM - Page 4 Empty Re: Jennifer Lawrence is trying to open up closed, rigid, old fashioned minds, about FEMINISM

Post by eddie Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:11 pm

Maddog wrote:
eddie wrote:Care to expand on that thought?

People attack posters, instead of their position, or they expect them to defend positions they have never taken.

Maybe it's an Aussie thing?  Cool    

I don’t agree with grouping people together and judging them.

Actually, when wolf posts properly and actually debates, he makes some pretty good posts.

Now I’d rather get back on topic please.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4