NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A single guy tried to find a date the 'old-fashioned' way... and gets the surprise of his life.

3 posters

Go down

A single guy tried to find a date the 'old-fashioned' way... and gets the surprise of his life. Empty A single guy tried to find a date the 'old-fashioned' way... and gets the surprise of his life.

Post by Guest Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:16 am

Boy meets girl at 3:31...

Tom Greaves didn't want to meet his next date online. So he challenged himself to meet strangers face-to-face. The heartwarming result is a tale of modern romance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DIeL4-wwBo

Wow, it really shows how social media is taking away the confidence of people.
Love how in the end he met the most honest lady, friendly, open and welcoming. Who knew exactly what she wanted and was not afraid to say exactly what she did want.

Really interesting to watch

Back to top Go down

A single guy tried to find a date the 'old-fashioned' way... and gets the surprise of his life. Empty Re: A single guy tried to find a date the 'old-fashioned' way... and gets the surprise of his life.

Post by eddie Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:21 pm

Hmmmm. I think love happens to you without trying whether that's offline, online or whatever.

I enjoyed watching it but I'd rather a guy come up to me and just chatted naturally. It was a good video but didn't really prove anything.  I think most people (offline dating) jump into a relationship too quickly becasue they meet and are sexually attracted so it will lead to sex and then a relationship, usually, then you find out that sex was all it was based on and depending upon other factors, you either finish the relationship quickly or it drags on for a few years.

My motto now, is always "Friends first sex in a while.....perhaps"

Sex should really, only happen, once you're sure that you even like the person.
Of course if you're both only looking for sex for fun, then go for it!

Last edited by eddie on Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

A single guy tried to find a date the 'old-fashioned' way... and gets the surprise of his life. Empty Re: A single guy tried to find a date the 'old-fashioned' way... and gets the surprise of his life.

Post by Guest Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:23 pm

eddie wrote:Hmmmm. I think love happens to you without trying whether that's offline, online or whatever.

I enjoyed watching it but I'd rather a guy come up to me and just chatted naturally. It was a good video but didn't really prove anything.  I think most people jump into a relationship too quickly becasue they meet and are sexually attracted so it will lead to sex and then a relationship.

My motto now, is always "Friends first sex in a while.....perhaps"

People can and often do jump into a relationship too quickly and often happens, when they are seeking love, than allowing this to happen naturally by meeting someone. Sometimes people do know straight away mind.
It was interesting to watch

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:34 pm

eddie wrote:Hmmmm. I think love happens to you without trying whether that's offline, online or whatever.

Never underestimate the power of pheromones...hormones that operate on the body of another.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:40 pm

Original Quill wrote:

Never underestimate the power of pheromones...hormones that operate on the body of another.

Pheromones don't make for a lasting relationship though, do they?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:57 pm

eddie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Pheromones don't make for a lasting relationship though, do they?

From what I've read, they do. Researchers have found evidence that pheromones build endearment (for lack of a better term) over time, which helps lend longevity to the relationship.

They were a form of interactive communication that was only discovered in 1959, and we are way behind in research. But if they are as effective as hormones (of which they are a sub-sort), they may be the entire basis of society. They are for bees.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:04 pm

Okay in a nutshell you're pretty much saying that once you've been with someone for a while, over time, their smell becomes familiar to you and something you associate with love.

eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:20 pm

eddie wrote:Okay in a nutshell you're pretty much saying that once you've been with someone for a while, over time, their smell becomes familiar to you and something you associate with love.

Yes, a lot of what we take to be our own ideas or predispositions, are in fact derived from chemical transmissions.  Pheromones are crucial to this.

It works both ways of course, but in this case female pheromones have the effect of shutting off the cognitive function of the male, and replacing it with the hypothalamic function.  We call this love, but now we are finding that Nature rigged the system.  Thus, during erotic moments, the autonomic nervous system (ANS--the part of the nervous system responsible for control of the bodily functions not consciously directed, such as breathing, the heartbeat, digestive processes, the heart rate, respiratory rate, pupillary response, urination, and sexual arousal) takes over.  That is why such things as erections and other changes seem to happen involuntarily.  We (ego) tend to think we inspired such changes by ourselves, but it was the chemical inducement.

Who knows how far this pheromone communication system reaches?  But research into colony creatures, such as Bees, seem to suggest that it goes a lot further than sexual interaction.  In fact, why should we believe it stops there??  We may find it governs all of our existence.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:39 pm

Thorin wrote:

Boy meets girl at 3:31...

Tom Greaves didn't want to meet his next date online. So he challenged himself to meet strangers face-to-face. The heartwarming result is a tale of modern romance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DIeL4-wwBo

Wow, it really shows how social media is taking away the confidence of people.
Love how in the end he met the most honest lady, friendly, open and welcoming. Who knew exactly what she wanted and was not afraid to say exactly what she did want.

Really interesting to watch

Why is he so in-your-face? Shocked I'm surprised some of those women did not run off without even bothering to answer him. They will wonder why a relatively nice looking guy is so desperate that he has to be so forward. These questions will cross their minds: ---

Does he beat his women?
Is he too possessive?
Is he particularly useless in the sac? .
How come he does not have the imagination to indulge in a bit of small talk - is he simple or what?

It might also cross their minds that he is conducting some sort of social experiment. People aren't generally keen on being used as random guinea pigs.

Ironically it might help if he was a bit plainer/duller looking. Cos then the sympathy mode kicks in. Women may start to chat to him, of out sheer kindness. They won't talk to him if his too ugly though. - that would be a non starter.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:46 pm

I totally disagree with you Jules. None of those questions would have entered my mind!
His looks would hardly matter to me if he'd come up to me and said something either interesting or if he'd been outright honest.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:58 pm

eddie wrote:I totally disagree with you Jules. None of those questions would have entered my mind!
His looks would hardly matter to me if he'd come up to me and said something either interesting or if he'd been outright honest.

I hear you, eddie.  But he had no luck with any of them at first, did he? All I'm doing is offering some reasons why.
I feel that urgent, upfront leading questions to strangers are a no-no. They force someone into a corner.

Yes I know that most people are not shallow enough to worry about looks. My point I made (about looks) only applies when they are extreme -extremely good or extremely bad - and I was basically jesting.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:15 pm

I'm sure women prefer men who can make a bit of small talk. These are the types who can still make good conversation when the novelty of the initial lustful phase is over. He should have pretended he was lost - everyone chips in to help a lost person, and then he could get a conversation going. Laughing

I also noticed that he spilled drinks twice. So women eyeing him up as a potential future partner will not be impressed. Given that within minutes of meeting a potential new partner women start assessing whether a guy will make a good, reliable dad of her future babies. Nature programmes us that way, it's automatic. We are subconsciously looking for good, healthy genes.

They will not be impressed by a clumsy fool who keeps spilling things. They will think he either has serious dyspraxia or poor hand eye coordination, or just poor muscle control - all not good. These factors could put her off altogether unless he looks like he has a lot to offer.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:33 pm

Yeah he was a bit of a spiller. Got on my nerves actually.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:39 pm

eddie wrote:Yeah he was a bit of a spiller. Got on my nerves actually.

Moi ausssi,  bless him! lol!

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down