NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mass shooting in Florida high school; 17 dead

+13
Andy
Ben Reilly
Vintage
eddie
Raggamuffin
Syl
'Wolfie
veya_victaous
Eilzel
Maddog
HoratioTarr
Cass
Original Quill
17 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

Mass shooting in Florida high school; 17 dead - Page 9 Empty Mass shooting in Florida high school; 17 dead

Post by Original Quill Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:35 am

First topic message reminder :

Yahoo News wrote:Sheriff: At Least 17 Dead In Florida High School Shooting; Ex-Student In Custody, ID’d  
Lisa de Moraes•February 14, 2018

UPDATED, 3:25 PM: Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel said at least 17 people are dead and more than a dozen wounded in the school shooting in Parkland, FL. He said 12 bodies were found inside the school, two outside the building, another on a street near the school and two died at a hospital.

The suspect has been identified as Nikolas Cruz, 19, a former student at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School who was expelled for disciplinary reasons. He is in police custody. Israel said police have recovered an AR-15 assault rifle they believe was used in the attack and that the suspect had “multiple magazines.”

PREVIOUSLY, 2:13 PM: Campus building are not safe to be cleared until the SWAT team on site says it’s safe and clear, he added. Students are still in the school building; Israel instructed parents looking for their child to go to a nearby Marriott, to which students are being transported as they are evacuated.

A male suspect, about 18 years old is in custody; he was apprehended without incident off campus in a nearby community, Israel said. The shooting suspect was, at various times during the shooting, outside and inside the building. He is a former student at the school.

Fox News Channel’s Shep Smith reported the suspect, who “knew the lay of the land” at the campus, was taken to a local hospital and was  “being treated for we don’t know,” and will then be taken for processing.

TV news outlets abruptly dropped Washington-centric coverage Wednesday afternoon when a shooter attacked students and staff at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida on Wednesday afternoon. Quick word of at least 20 shot in the school or on the campus triggered TV news pundit talk of Columbine High School massacre of 1999 in which 12 students and one teacher were murdered, and another 24 injured, by two heavily armed students who then committed suicide.

Cable news networks showed helicopter footage of ambulances swarming the area, victims being tended to on sidewalks, and a SWAT team heading with weapons drawn toward the high school attended by about 3K students. Dozens of teens could be seen running or walking from the building, some with hands raised over their heads to signal they did not have a weapon.

More than an hour after first reports of the shooting, local sheriff tweeted to warning the gunman, who had shot into the school from outside the building, still was at large:

Follow @browardsheriff for latest info on the #stonemanshooting. Shooter still at large.

Multiple students interviewed on CNN said students began running out of the building after someone pulled a fire alarm in the school about 10 minutes before end of school day; one reported they were told over the school’s intercom system to evacuate the building. As they exited, shots were heard,  students told the network affiliate’s reporter.

One distraught mother marveled the network the city had just been named safest place to live in Florida.

White House said Failing Cheeto-Faced Ferret-Wearing Shit Gibbon had been alerted:

From Deputy Press Secretary Lindsay Walters:

The President has been made aware of the school shooting in Florida. We are monitoring the situation. Our thoughts and prayers are with those affected.

Donald Trump Finally Breaks Silence, Scolds Press For Not Knowing He's "Totally Opposed To Domestic Violence"
https://www.yahoo.com/news/tv-networks-jump-florida-high-210531879.html

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Mass shooting in Florida high school; 17 dead - Page 9 Empty Re: Mass shooting in Florida high school; 17 dead

Post by Maddog Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:43 pm

Didge wrote:
Maddog wrote:

You're welcome.  

No problem mate

Shame you tried to steal yards here though, not even conventionally.

Laughing

Yes, it's a shame. I feel terrible.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Mass shooting in Florida high school; 17 dead - Page 9 Empty Re: Mass shooting in Florida high school; 17 dead

Post by Guest Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:45 pm

Maddog wrote:
Didge wrote:

No problem mate

Shame you tried to steal yards here though, not even conventionally.

Laughing

I doubt it mate

But 10 out off 10 for trying hard not to answer my original points

Touch down

Problem is, they are still there.

Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:47 pm

Didge wrote:
Maddog wrote:

I doubt it mate

Touch down

Cool

I'm not trying hard at all.

tongue
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:49 pm

Maddog wrote:
Didge wrote:

I doubt it mate

Touch down

Cool

tongue

I know, that is evident

Its like Goring, claiming he could supply Stalingrad with his Luftwaffe.

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:51 pm

Didge wrote:
Maddog wrote:

tongue

I know, that is evident

Laughing

That's exactly what I was thinking!!
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:03 pm

Maddog wrote:
Didge wrote:

I know, that is evident

Laughing

How would his plan pan out for you, when someone is armed with many men with mg42's and cannons like the earlier point , with your daughters inside?

How is your peashooter going to protect them?

I mean you do not want limitation on guns right?

Time to actually say what you mean

As I say, there is little you can do against those that are intent to kill you

You though, are happy people can be armed to the teeth and wiped out your family

Its time for you to deicide

Ot its time I treated you like a toddler not getting his way

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:36 pm

Didge wrote:
Maddog wrote:

How would his plan pan out for you, when someone is armed with many men with mg42's and cannons like the earlier point , with your daughters inside?

You though, are happy people can be armed to the teeth and wiped out your family

Treating me like toddler is probably a good idea.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:00 am

Maddog wrote:
Didge wrote:

Treating me like toddler is probably a good idea.

Okay, 50 minutes on the newsfix naughty step then... Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:51 am

clown

I reckon a couple of Stinger missiles parked on Maddogs roof could make those marauding baddies think twice, when they decide to turn up in their APCs..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:04 pm

This is odd:

eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:11 pm

eddie wrote:This is odd:

It's odd, but stressed out people remember things differently than they actually happen at times.

But, when you couple the above, with all of the mistakes made by government and law enforcement, and it leads many people to conspiracy theories.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:12 pm

The question is - did she hear shots while she was talking to him?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:48 pm

Maddog wrote:
eddie wrote:This is odd:

It's odd, but stressed out people remember things differently than they actually happen at times.

But, when you couple the above, with all of the mistakes made by government and law enforcement, and it leads many people to conspiracy theories.

Yes it leads many people to search for alternate truths. I agree.
That’s why I remain open.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9