NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Homeless man who was hailed hero of Manchester bombing stole money and phone from victims as they lay dying and took pictures of dead bodies before using injured grandmother's bank card in McDonald's

+9
JulesV
Maddog
Ben Reilly
eddie
nicko
Miffs2
Syl
Cass
HoratioTarr
13 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Homeless man who was hailed hero of Manchester bombing stole money and phone from victims as they lay dying and took pictures of dead bodies before using injured grandmother's bank card in McDonald's - Page 3 Empty Homeless man who was hailed hero of Manchester bombing stole money and phone from victims as they lay dying and took pictures of dead bodies before using injured grandmother's bank card in McDonald's

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:58 pm

First topic message reminder :

A homeless man who was hailed a hero of the Manchester terror attack stole from victims and took sick photographs of dead people following the atrocity.

Chris Parker, 33, today admitted taking Pauline Healey's purse as her 14-year-old granddaughter Sorrell Leczkowski lay dying just minutes after the atrocity which killed 22 innocent people.

Graphic footage was played at Manchester Crown Court which showed Parker kneeling over bodies, rifling their bags and taking photographs of dead bodies as he made his way through the foyer to try and steal from victims.

Shockingly, he was seen prodding Mrs Healey's body to check if she was still alive before stealing her purse just moments after the attack on May 22.

Parker, who had been sleeping rough nearby that night, later stole a teenage girl's iPhone 6 and used Mrs Healey's bank card to buy food in McDonald's.

Just minutes earlier at least 400 people were injured following an Ariana Grande concert at Manchester Arena.

He had initially been hailed a 'hero' after he described wrapping an injured girl in a T-shirt and cradled a dying woman in his arms.

Well-wishers even raised £50,000 for him after a GoFundMe page was set up.

But he was arrested after CCTV footage showed him stealing the purse of Mrs Healey as her granddaughter lay dying yards away and also taking the mobile phone.

The crowdfunding site said it is in 'full control' of the funds and that they have not reached Parker.

A GoFundMe spokesman said: 'We are honouring refunds on this campaign under our GoFundMe Guarantee. Donors should go to gofundme.com/guarantee.'

Michael Johns set up the page after being 'horrified' by the news of the attack and previously said donors could get their money back after the trial.

The horrifying footage was played as Parker, from Halifax, West Yorkshire, pleaded guilty to stealing a purse, a second charge of theft of an iPhone 6 from a girl - who cannot be named - and fraud by using one of Mrs Healey's cards.

He denied further charges of attempting to steal the content of a handbag, attempted theft of a coat, using Mrs Healey's bank card in a Tesco store and of using it on the Greater Manchester public transport system.

After the pleas, it emerged he had been on the run for a month when he was bailed to a hostel on condition he wore an electronic tag.

It is believed he cut the tag off and dumped it in a soup can before failing to appear in court on December 6. A warrant was issued for his arrest three days before Christmas.

In a 20 minute compilation of CCTV footage from the arena, too graphic to be released, the defendant is seen going in and out of the foyer, walking around various parts of the entrance.

The footage begins with scenes of crowds leaving the arena visibly flinching as the bomb detonates and a second later terrified concert-goers putting their hands to their mouths and running.

Moments later people gingerly return to the smoke-logged bomb scene and though the footage is pixelated, it is clear there are bodies strewn across the area.

There are also pools of blood and what appear to be body parts and pixelated mounds of people, not moving.

Parker, carrying a rucksack on his back and wearing a woolly cap, is seen walking around, clearly agitated, either looking at his phone or with it to his ear, as dazed people wander around.

The defendant appears to go to the aid of one woman, crouching down as she sits up.

Police and what appear to be arena staff in hi-visibility jackets then appear before more police arrive en masse.

He also speaks to one bewildered young girl, comforting her along with a police officer. The youngster's mother is believed to be one of the fatalities.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5231695/Homeless-man-pleads-guilty-stealing-purse-victim.html
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Homeless man who was hailed hero of Manchester bombing stole money and phone from victims as they lay dying and took pictures of dead bodies before using injured grandmother's bank card in McDonald's - Page 3 Empty Re: Homeless man who was hailed hero of Manchester bombing stole money and phone from victims as they lay dying and took pictures of dead bodies before using injured grandmother's bank card in McDonald's

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:45 am

Miffs2 wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:Syl, I thought I was done but I'm not done. You know what? If I lost someone in a terrorist attack, the very LAST thing I'd be thinking about is their cell phone or the fucking money in their pocket.

What if that phone has the last pictures even taken of your loved one?

There is no excuse for stealing from the dead and dying, that man was not in that kind of need.
You seem to have this 'Dewey eyed schoolgirl' of this man as some hard done to hero just trying to survive, he is far from that.
He is scum.

Think on this...when the plane went down over Lockerbie, were the residents out picking through the corpses for money? If they had been would you have said no problem the dead don't need things?
You need to grow up Ben, seriously. I thought you plumbed the depths with the pro IRA stuff. Another subject you know fuck all about the reality of.

Any normal person who's a parent, or who has loved ones, would be disgusted that some low life was stealing valuables from the maimed and dead.   It's about respect.    Don't the dead deserve the same respect we give the living?    If they didn't, we'd all chuck the dead on the communal dump like the Nazi's did with the Jews.   After they'd stolen all the possessions they didn't need, that is.

Homeless man who was hailed hero of Manchester bombing stole money and phone from victims as they lay dying and took pictures of dead bodies before using injured grandmother's bank card in McDonald's - Page 3 Df03d809cd1fbf24e521fafdec378ddd--holocaust-memorial-the-holocaust
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Homeless man who was hailed hero of Manchester bombing stole money and phone from victims as they lay dying and took pictures of dead bodies before using injured grandmother's bank card in McDonald's - Page 3 Empty Re: Homeless man who was hailed hero of Manchester bombing stole money and phone from victims as they lay dying and took pictures of dead bodies before using injured grandmother's bank card in McDonald's

Post by JulesV Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:21 am

harvesmom wrote:

Edds. Go find me a nasty racist post I have ever made and I'll listen to yo....

She did not say you make racist posts, she said you post among racists. Which is a FACT.  
If you are quite happy posting alongside racist pigs, who are you to come over here and rubbish this site?   Rolling Eyes

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:16 pm

When I logged off last night I couldn't sleep because I couldn't forget this thread...unlike any other recent  topic it really got to me.

The point  was made that if a loved one was blown to bits the people left behind wouldn't be concerned about a measly few quid being stolen from them...priorities and all that.

Maybe initially all they would care about was the loss of life, but grief has different levels.
We want the people we love  to be treated with care and respect after they die, its why people plan funerals and cant rest till their bodies have been buried or cremated, then some level of acceptance can begin.

To find out that their childs or parents body has been searched and they have been robbed as they lay dead or dying, must be like a dagger through the heart all over again.

I started off thinking this man must be mentally unstable, the more I have read about him I just think he is incredibly evil, ransacking dead bodies in a civilised country where no one is starving,  looking for money or items to sell just so he could fund his drug habit.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:05 pm

It's a very slippery slope when you justify theft, based on the needs of the victim and the the thief.  Will there be committees that decide which members of society are to be the victims and who gets to be the theives?  

My 86 year old mother has a paid for, 4 bedroom home.  She doesn't need all that house.  Maybe a few homeless men should be allowed to move in. My dad won't care because he's dead.  The fact that he paid for that house while alive doesn't matter.  He's dead and doesn't need it.  And when my mom passes, the homeless can have her house instead of her kids, because, she's dead and her kids don't need it.  Wouldn't that be a great system.  Sounds like something out of fucking Orwell.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:24 pm

Maddog wrote:It's a very slippery slope when you justify theft, based on the needs of the victim and the the thief.  Will there be committees that decide which members of society are to be the victims and who gets to be the theives?  

My 86 year old mother has a paid for, 4 bedroom home.  She doesn't need all that house.  Maybe a few homeless men should be allowed to move in. My dad won't care because he's dead.  The fact that he paid for that house while alive doesn't matter.  He's dead and doesn't need it.  And when my mom passes, the homeless can have her house instead of her kids, because, she's dead and her kids don't need it.  Wouldn't that be a great system.  Sounds like something out of fucking Orwell.

Houses often get robbed off the old and ill here.
If a person has to go into a nursing home to be cared for, if they have a house they have strived for 25 years to buy, the fees to pay for the care they need at the end of their lives can be eaten up within 2 or 3 years.....scandalous but legal.

Ransacking a dead persons body still isn't, thank God.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:16 pm

Syl wrote:
Maddog wrote:It's a very slippery slope when you justify theft, based on the needs of the victim and the the thief.  Will there be committees that decide which members of society are to be the victims and who gets to be the theives?  

Houses often get robbed off the old and ill here.
If a person has to go into a nursing home to be cared for, if they have a house they have strived for 25 years to buy, the fees to pay for the care they need at the end of their lives can be eaten up within 2 or 3 years.....scandalous but legal.

Ransacking a dead persons body still isn't, thank God.

No doubt the proceeds of a house will need to be used for care, and our government too can be blood thirsty when they see an elderly person, worth a few bucks, who also needs care. But at least their is a legal process involved in the transfer of property, unlike robbing the dead.

TBH, this is one of the more odd discussions I have been involved in. I sorta thought humans were mostly hardwired to respect the dead and dying. But as is common as I get older, I learn something new almost every day.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:11 pm

No doubt that on forums some pretty weird discussions are had in comparison to real life.
Not surprising really because we can reach a lot more people online than we can ordinarily...more variety of people more viewpoints to be heard.

Forums are truly a learning experience.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:20 pm

Jules wrote:
harvesmom wrote:

Edds. Go find me a nasty racist post I have ever made and I'll listen to yo....

She did not say you make racist posts, she said you post among racists. Which is a FACT.  
If you are quite happy posting alongside racist pigs, who are you to come over here and rubbish this site?   Rolling Eyes

Actually Jules we all posted on the other forum as a point of interest, including Eds, me, Ben, etc...we all have followed each other around various splinter forum from the old Sky News Boards for the last 10 years or so. I haven’t posted on there in quite some time as it’s just not a place that I find very interesting nor do I like most of the topics but I still talk to posters that post there and here. I’m certainly not a racist. Nor is Harvesmom or anyone bar a few hardcore people throughout the common forums.

And people should be allowed to complain about a forum or post they don’t agree with. It’s then up to them personally as to whether or not they continue posting on the said forum. If they keep on just complaining, then the problem is more than likely with them or the forum is not a good fit for them, but I don’t think that’s the case here.

Have a good day/weekend everyone. Try and chill and do something fun for yourselves

Love n Texas Trash n Bubbles
C x

Ps. Texas Trash is a snack recipe. Google it. Trés yummo.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:43 pm

Cass wrote:
Jules wrote:

Actually Jules we all posted on the other forum as a point of interest, including Eds, me, Ben, etc...we all have followed each other around various splinter forum from the old Sky News Boards for the last 10 years or so. I haven’t posted on there in quite some time as it’s just not a place that I find very interesting nor do I like most of the topics but I still talk to posters that post there and here. I’m certainly not a racist. Nor is Harvesmom or anyone bar a few hardcore people throughout the common forums.

And people should be allowed to complain about a forum or post they don’t agree with. It’s then up to them personally as to whether or not they continue posting on the said forum. If they keep on just complaining, then the problem is more than likely with them or the forum is not a good fit for them, but I don’t think that’s the case here.

Have a good day/weekend everyone. Try and chill and do something fun for yourselves

C x

Texas Trash?

Never heard of it. I think I might be offended too. tongue
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:15 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:

I'm always grown up. It's a flaw of being a redneck.  Wink

Grown up...like you did with the KKK.

Homeless man who was hailed hero of Manchester bombing stole money and phone from victims as they lay dying and took pictures of dead bodies before using injured grandmother's bank card in McDonald's - Page 3 17996122_1_l

is that a piñata party??

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:09 am

Maddog wrote:
Cass wrote:

C x

Texas Trash?

Never heard of it. I think I might be offended too.  tongue

Fine. I won’t share with you then tongue
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3