NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Homeless man who was hailed hero of Manchester bombing stole money and phone from victims as they lay dying and took pictures of dead bodies before using injured grandmother's bank card in McDonald's

+9
JulesV
Maddog
Ben Reilly
eddie
nicko
Miffs2
Syl
Cass
HoratioTarr
13 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Homeless man who was hailed hero of Manchester bombing stole money and phone from victims as they lay dying and took pictures of dead bodies before using injured grandmother's bank card in McDonald's Empty Homeless man who was hailed hero of Manchester bombing stole money and phone from victims as they lay dying and took pictures of dead bodies before using injured grandmother's bank card in McDonald's

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:58 pm

A homeless man who was hailed a hero of the Manchester terror attack stole from victims and took sick photographs of dead people following the atrocity.

Chris Parker, 33, today admitted taking Pauline Healey's purse as her 14-year-old granddaughter Sorrell Leczkowski lay dying just minutes after the atrocity which killed 22 innocent people.

Graphic footage was played at Manchester Crown Court which showed Parker kneeling over bodies, rifling their bags and taking photographs of dead bodies as he made his way through the foyer to try and steal from victims.

Shockingly, he was seen prodding Mrs Healey's body to check if she was still alive before stealing her purse just moments after the attack on May 22.

Parker, who had been sleeping rough nearby that night, later stole a teenage girl's iPhone 6 and used Mrs Healey's bank card to buy food in McDonald's.

Just minutes earlier at least 400 people were injured following an Ariana Grande concert at Manchester Arena.

He had initially been hailed a 'hero' after he described wrapping an injured girl in a T-shirt and cradled a dying woman in his arms.

Well-wishers even raised £50,000 for him after a GoFundMe page was set up.

But he was arrested after CCTV footage showed him stealing the purse of Mrs Healey as her granddaughter lay dying yards away and also taking the mobile phone.

The crowdfunding site said it is in 'full control' of the funds and that they have not reached Parker.

A GoFundMe spokesman said: 'We are honouring refunds on this campaign under our GoFundMe Guarantee. Donors should go to gofundme.com/guarantee.'

Michael Johns set up the page after being 'horrified' by the news of the attack and previously said donors could get their money back after the trial.

The horrifying footage was played as Parker, from Halifax, West Yorkshire, pleaded guilty to stealing a purse, a second charge of theft of an iPhone 6 from a girl - who cannot be named - and fraud by using one of Mrs Healey's cards.

He denied further charges of attempting to steal the content of a handbag, attempted theft of a coat, using Mrs Healey's bank card in a Tesco store and of using it on the Greater Manchester public transport system.

After the pleas, it emerged he had been on the run for a month when he was bailed to a hostel on condition he wore an electronic tag.

It is believed he cut the tag off and dumped it in a soup can before failing to appear in court on December 6. A warrant was issued for his arrest three days before Christmas.

In a 20 minute compilation of CCTV footage from the arena, too graphic to be released, the defendant is seen going in and out of the foyer, walking around various parts of the entrance.

The footage begins with scenes of crowds leaving the arena visibly flinching as the bomb detonates and a second later terrified concert-goers putting their hands to their mouths and running.

Moments later people gingerly return to the smoke-logged bomb scene and though the footage is pixelated, it is clear there are bodies strewn across the area.

There are also pools of blood and what appear to be body parts and pixelated mounds of people, not moving.

Parker, carrying a rucksack on his back and wearing a woolly cap, is seen walking around, clearly agitated, either looking at his phone or with it to his ear, as dazed people wander around.

The defendant appears to go to the aid of one woman, crouching down as she sits up.

Police and what appear to be arena staff in hi-visibility jackets then appear before more police arrive en masse.

He also speaks to one bewildered young girl, comforting her along with a police officer. The youngster's mother is believed to be one of the fatalities.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5231695/Homeless-man-pleads-guilty-stealing-purse-victim.html
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Homeless man who was hailed hero of Manchester bombing stole money and phone from victims as they lay dying and took pictures of dead bodies before using injured grandmother's bank card in McDonald's Empty Re: Homeless man who was hailed hero of Manchester bombing stole money and phone from victims as they lay dying and took pictures of dead bodies before using injured grandmother's bank card in McDonald's

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:00 pm

What a fucking rotter!
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Homeless man who was hailed hero of Manchester bombing stole money and phone from victims as they lay dying and took pictures of dead bodies before using injured grandmother's bank card in McDonald's Empty Re: Homeless man who was hailed hero of Manchester bombing stole money and phone from victims as they lay dying and took pictures of dead bodies before using injured grandmother's bank card in McDonald's

Post by Cass Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:27 pm

I had a feeling about this. Sadly I’m not surprised.

I’m always very suspicious (sadly) of those who call in or get in front of a camera after a tragedy. I can’t explain why except to say this is a good example.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:19 pm

I can only think that he is so damaged mentally he managed to detatch himself from the horror he was witness to.
Its incredibly sad...not least for the dying and dead victims he was trying to rob.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:14 pm

Bastard. I hope his knob drops off.
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:38 am

Syl wrote:I can only think that he is so damaged mentally he managed to detatch himself from the horror he was witness to.
Its incredibly sad...not least for the dying and dead victims he was trying to rob.

or he's just a low down scumbag.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:42 am

Damaged mentally, he should be damaged all over !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:21 pm

nicko wrote:Damaged mentally,   he should be damaged all over !

I agree. I cant imagine, given the sights in that carnage, the screaming and the dust and the smell, how could it even enter his head to do that. Evil or Very Mad
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:31 pm

That's why I think he must be damaged mentally.
I read he actually took pictures with a phone he had stolen off one of the dying. I have heard first hand (and I know you have too Miffs) by someone who was one of the first on the scene of the unimaginable horror that was there, so to calmly walk amongst it and be so detached as to prod and poke bodies to see if they had anything worth stealing...he is either completely without any feelings or mentally deranged somehow.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:23 pm

Syl wrote:That's why I think he must be damaged mentally.
I read he actually took pictures with a phone he had stolen off one of the dying. I have heard first hand (and I know you have too Miffs) by someone who was one of the first on the scene of the unimaginable horror that was there, so to calmly walk amongst it and be so detached as to prod and poke bodies to see if they had anything worth stealing...he is either completely without any feelings or mentally deranged somehow.

You may be right to be fair. I have seen some of the footage and I wont ever get those images out of my head. No
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:10 pm

Or freezing cold, hungry and desperate.

I'm not saying what he did was right but I'm telling you now, hunger and desperation can make you do some strange things. We don't live on the streets and honestly, I think it's too easy to sit and judge with our fat, full bellies in our warm houses.

I may have done exactly the same thing in his position - minus the taking photos.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:19 pm

Robbing the dead is the lowest of the low !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:31 pm

eddie wrote:

I'm not saying what he did was right but I'm telling you now, hunger and desperation can make you do some strange things.  We don't live on the streets and honestly, I think it's too easy to sit and judge with our fat, full bellies in our warm houses.

I may have done exactly the same thing in his position - minus the taking photos.

What he did was rob the dead, that's a ghoulish thing to do and I don't care how fucking desperate you are.   Not just the dead, but the recently blown up and maimed, and dead kids.    He's a parasite of the worst kind.

The truth is more likely to be he's a druggie.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:51 pm

eddie wrote:

I'm not saying what he did was right but I'm telling you now, hunger and desperation can make you do some strange things.  We don't live on the streets and honestly, I think it's too easy to sit and judge with our fat, full bellies in our warm houses.

I very much doubt it. A person would have to be without any feelings ...the photos of what he saw that night have not been released, yet he wandered back and forth, frisking the dead and dying, seemingly oblivious to all the horror.

No level of hunger could make a person act that way if they were sane.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:54 pm

I don't know. I've been very malnourished and I've lived rough at 16 years old but I don't know how I'd be if I lived rough for years and was starving beyond belief.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:56 pm

eddie wrote:I don't know. I've been very malnourished and I've lived rough at 16 years old but I don't know how I'd be if I lived rough for years and was starving beyond belief.  
Well none of us know how we would act in different circumstances, but unless you are mad, bad, or drugged out of your mind, no amount of hunger or suffering could make you act like he did...imo.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:07 pm

Syl wrote:
eddie wrote:I don't know. I've been very malnourished and I've lived rough at 16 years old but I don't know how I'd be if I lived rough for years and was starving beyond belief.  
Well none of us know how we would act in different circumstances, but unless you are mad, bad, or drugged out of your mind, no amount of hunger or suffering could make you act like he did...imo.

An opportunity to get some money if.....you're hungry and cold and homeless and no one gives a fuck about you and whether you're alive or dead and you don't know where your next meal is coming from or how you're going to cope when it's fucking dark and dangerous and it's snowing and below freezing?

I don't think anyone here knows how that feels so I think it's easy to sit and judge - I'm being realistic and telling you I am not so sure I wouldn't have taken that small window of opportunity to take some money.
But not the photos. I don't understand that.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:09 pm

eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:

An opportunity to get some money if.....you're hungry and cold and homeless and no one gives a fuck about you and whether you're alive or dead and you don't know where your next meal is coming from or how you're going to cope when it's fucking dark and dangerous and it's snowing and below freezing?

I don't think anyone here knows how that feels so I think it's easy to sit and judge - I'm being realistic and telling you I am not so sure I wouldn't have taken that small window of opportunity to take some money.

you still looking for the good in people??

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:12 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:

I rarely judge people's flaws, if that's what you mean and if a person hasnt been even close to starving then they wouldn't know what it's like to be close to starving or what they would do if they were.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:18 pm

eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:

I can understand anyone who is desperate stealing, but he didn't just do that. He was frisking dying people, taking photos of them, walking through blood and severed limbs looking to rob dead people, he took credit for trying to help, pretended to be the modest hero, gave interviews knowing people were sending funds to help him, used his mother to garner public sympathy.
I think the only judgment that can be made is he is either incredibly evil or mad.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:22 pm

eddie wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

I rarely judge people's flaws, if that's what you mean and if a person hasn't been even close to starving then they wouldn't know what it's like to be close to starving or what they would do if they were.

bollox

Ive lived in worse conditions with less food, rats for company who more often than not helped themselves to what food we did have AND had dirty Muslim fuckers trying to kill me all damned day long

don't seem me stealing other peoples shit.

and this is the UK, where any homeless person can get help IF they want it, its not south Africa or Iraq or some south America shithole where homeless is really homeless, there are no truly starving people in the uk.

he is a scumbag, plain and simple

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:34 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
eddie wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

I rarely judge people's flaws, if that's what you mean and if a person hasn't been even close to starving then they wouldn't know what it's like to be close to starving or what they would do if they were.

bollox

Ive lived in worse conditions with less food, rats for company who more often than not helped themselves to what food we did have AND had dirty Muslim fuckers trying to kill me all damned day long

and this is the UK, where any homeless person can get help IF they want it, its not south Africa or Iraq or some south America shithole where homeless is really homeless, there are no truly starving people in the uk.

Was this when you were in the army? Because you know that would end at some point.
There's a world of difference.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:11 pm

Vicar of Dibley (vod) wrote:There was a lot of good in this man he stayed with people who were injured .

He did not stay with the injured he was stealing from them.

There was carnage in that foyer blood and intestines and faeces flying everywhere. A man looking for his daughters legs. Children screaming. I don't care how fucking hungry he was he was he is sub-human and I hope he knows nothing but misery for the rest of his days.
He couldn't have stayed anyway. No one was supposed to go in until the bomb dogs had searched the stadium, however police officers went in anyway and they got those who could move out of the foyer. Two MEN staff members defied the orders and stayed with one of the badly injured. They were the heroes who stayed with the injured, people like chap called Darren who ran into the foyer looking for his son but stayed ripping up t shirts for bandages because there wasn't even a first aid box in that foyer. The fire service have the trauma packs but they didn't go in until the all clear a couple of hours later.
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:52 pm

Vicar of Dibley (vod) wrote:Okay I don't watch the news much .

I'm sorry Embarassed
I have been very involved in the aftermath of this attack, spoken to and supported victims, so I have very strong feelings about this man.
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:01 pm

eddie wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

bollox

Was this when you were in the army? Because you know that would end at some point.  
There's a world of difference.  

Not army

Marines, and still active.

How many times do I have to tell people that Rolling Eyes

I don't call you Freddie do I??

The point is deprivation and what it makes you do, we didn't start eating each other and no one horded food, when we got morale parcels from the UK we shared what was in them despite us all looking like the anoxic version of gollum.

No one in the UK is THAT starving, it's not the zombie uprising that you got to start picking corpses clean just to survive one more day.

"oh hello person who just got bombed to shit by Abdullah, your day isn't going badly enough for my liking so I'm going to Rob you of your goods while your legs hanging of now"

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:09 pm

Nice one, your nearly as good as a Para:)
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:15 pm

But smelly, as much as I don't want to belittle what you've been through - and I really am not - you still knew it would come to an end. Homeless people have no end in sight.

I want to make it clear that I don't like the actions of this man nor do I condone it, I'm just trying to explain how desperate people do desperate things sometimes.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:12 pm

I was homeless at 17 for a short while...at a time when it was really hard to get any benefits or help. It's a horrible state to be in, so I've usually got a lot of sympathy for people genuinely finding themselves in that predicament. But there are many many beggars who choose to live like that and a lot of them have homes. Here in Manchester there is Change4Good, a charity that gets people off the streets. That particular charity quotes “Unfortunately, through our own work and overwhelming evidence it has been indicated that a large number of those who beg on the street do so in order to fund their drug habit, namely crack cocaine and heroin."

Trust me, this guy was not 'starving beyond belief'. He'd have been sitting there with his can of Special Brew and his fags just as the bomb went off. I live in Manchester, I see these people on a regular basis, and none of them are starving. If they look emaciated it's because they're on drugs.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:18 pm

Well, it's not like the victims needed that stuff anymore, is it?

I know it's not the most noble thing to do, but when you have no home and no idea where your next meal's coming for, you're going to pounce at any opportunity. How people don't understand this basic fact, that people aren't just going to choose to lay down and starve rather than do what they have to do to live, is beyond me.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:24 pm

Here he is puffing on his fag.    Bearing in mind how much tobacco costs, he's clearly not that fucking skint.

If he can afford to pay from £13 to £21 for his rollups, then he's got money to eat.

Homeless man who was hailed hero of Manchester bombing stole money and phone from victims as they lay dying and took pictures of dead bodies before using injured grandmother's bank card in McDonald's Nintchdbpict000375974887
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:31 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:Well, it's not like the victims needed that stuff anymore, is it?

I know it's not the most noble thing to do, but when you have no home and no idea where your next meal's coming for, you're going to pounce at any opportunity. How people don't understand this basic fact, that people aren't just going to choose to lay down and starve rather than do what they have to do to live, is beyond me.

Are you for real?   Have you any idea how the bereaved families must feel?     How would you feel if your kid's slaughtered, maimed body was pilfered by this ghoul?   Would you say...'Oh well, she doesn't need that phone I bought her, the one with all the memories on it, which is all I might have left of her now?'   'Or her purse which contains family photos, and mementos that can never be replaced'.   What if he took jewellery, or other items of sentimental value?  

This guy wasn't starving.   He's funding his drug habit.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:34 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:Well, it's not like the victims needed that stuff anymore, is it?

Stealing to survive is a long way from stealing to feed a habit.

"Its not like the victims needed that stuff anymore"

Are you for real? Perhaps you think he should have taken the shoes from the little girl who's legs were blown off and sold them.

Little bit of info for you to chew on... Every single piece of property was collected from that bomb scene. It was all cleaned and repaired and most of it has been returned to the owner or their family. The team undertaking the job will not stop until every single item is returned.
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:55 pm

Seriously? That’s the most horrible thing I’ve ever seen you say. Low brother, very low.

I serve an extremely poverty stricken population with loads of substance, animal and domestic abuse. Loads of theft. Never has anyone stooped as low to steal from the dead or their houses if they are empty.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:04 am

Cass wrote:

Seriously? That’s the most horrible thing I’ve ever seen you say. Low brother, very low.

I serve an extremely poverty stricken population with loads of substance, animal and domestic abuse. Loads of theft. Never has anyone stooped as low to steal from the dead or their houses if they are empty.

I live very near the homeless shelters in Ft Worth. A buddy of mine lost his phone about a month ago. A homeless lady found it, and went through great trouble to get it back to him. Perhaps she knew she would get more from him as a reward, than she would get for a locked phone, but I am going to go with thinking that being homeless doesn't make you lose sight of right and wrong.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:07 am

You know, I've seen so called 'homeless' offered food on the streets. Know what they do with it? Sling it in the bin. It's money they want.

I was stupid enough once in the city to offer what little change I had in my pocket to some beggar. It was all I had on me, and I thought he's welcome to it. What did he do? He sneered at me and asked me if I had any notes.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:09 am

Maddog wrote:
Cass wrote:

I live very near the homeless shelters in Ft Worth. A buddy of mine lost his phone about a month ago. A homeless lady found it, and went through great trouble to get it back to him. Perhaps she knew she would get more from him as a reward, than she would get for a locked phone, but I am going to go with thinking that being homeless doesn't make you lose sight of right and wrong.  

I think there are many homeless who are kind, and would never steal from anyone never mind the dead. But for every one of them, there are 20 more who beg for a living or do it to sustain their drug habit.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:18 am

It could well be he's an addict.

Which would explain a lot including his poor judgement  ... and why he's homeless in the first place.

I'm not judging drug addiction, I know it's a genuine illness and that they need medical help.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:21 am

HoratioTarr wrote:You know, I've seen so called 'homeless' offered food on the streets.   Know what they do with it?  Sling it in the bin.   It's money they want.

I was stupid enough once in the city to offer what little change I had in my pocket to some beggar.   It was all I had on me, and I thought he's welcome to it.  What did he do?   He sneered at me and asked me if I had any notes.  

It kind of depends where you are. We have panhandlers that are driving to where they panhandle. They are nowhere near the shelters, and are basically scamming folks. But where I live now, you actually see these people walking around and camping out. They stay in close proximity to the shelters because they can get some food and a shower now and then. They will take your food in a NY minute.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:18 am

Hopefully you said that to play devils advocate.

To think of any innocent victim, maybe someone you love, lying dead or dying in the most violent way possible, and some stranger leaning over them stealing their possessions, its sickening and repulsive.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:22 am

HoratioTarr wrote:You know, I've seen so called 'homeless' offered food on the streets.   Know what they do with it?  Sling it in the bin.   It's money they want.

I was stupid enough once in the city to offer what little change I had in my pocket to some beggar.   It was all I had on me, and I thought he's welcome to it.  What did he do?   He sneered at me and asked me if I had any notes.  

I seldom give money, I do buy food and a hot drink to a couple of regular homeless men in my town centre. They always eat it as far as I have seen.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:29 am

Miffs2 wrote:

Stealing to survive is a long way from stealing to feed a habit.

"Its  not like the victims needed that stuff anymore"

Are you for real? Perhaps you think he should have taken the shoes from the little girl who's legs were blown off and sold them.

Little bit of info for you to chew on... Every single piece of property was collected from that bomb scene. It was all cleaned and repaired and most of it has been returned to the owner or their family. The team undertaking the job will not stop until every single item is returned.
And I imagine every item returned, no matter how trivial they seem, will be treasured.

Also...it was touching to know that all the toys left in St Annes square have been mended and cleaned, and now sent out to needy kids.
The flowers which were still OK when the shrine was cleared, were pressed and put in rememberence books and given to the families of the victims.

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by harvesmom Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:52 am

What an absolutely repulsive way of thinking. I just remembered why I don't bother posting here anymore. Thats probably the most disgusting thing I've ever heard anyone say.
harvesmom
harvesmom
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:01 am

Okay calm down. It wasn't mentioned before that he was smoking roll ups and was a drug addict. I think most of us were under the impression he was a genuine homeless, starving person.

This does put a different slant on it.
I still maintain that if I were desperate enough (in the true sense) that I may have done the same thing - but not, as I've said, the phone thing.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:04 am

Syl wrote:

To think of any innocent victim, maybe someone you love, lying dead or dying in the most violent way possible, and some stranger leaning over them stealing their possessions, its sickening and repulsive.

I most certainly was not playing devil's advocate. None of you who are jumping my ass have any idea how you'd react if you had no home, no food, no future.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by harvesmom Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:06 am

Syl wrote:

I  seldom give money, I do buy food and a hot drink to a couple of regular homeless men in my town centre. They always eat it as far as I have seen.

I never give money, a town centre I work in regularly has a growing problem with homeless people. I talk to a lot of them, they're decent people who have genuinely fallen on hard times, mainly young men, and as Maddog says I believe they don't lose the sense of whats right and wrong. I'll buy them a coffee and I always bring the dogs some treats. Of course you get the druggies who are there through choice as well.

harvesmom
harvesmom
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:09 am

Syl, I thought I was done but I'm not done. You know what? If I lost someone in a terrorist attack, the very LAST thing I'd be thinking about is their cell phone or the fucking money in their pocket.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by harvesmom Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:13 am

eddie wrote:Okay calm down. It wasn't mentioned before that he was smoking roll ups and was a drug addict. I think most of us were under the impression he was a genuine homeless, starving person.

This does put a different slant on it.
I still maintain that if I were desperate enough (in the true sense) that I may have done the same thing - but not, as I've said, the phone thing.

You would rob off the dead/maimed ?? Children and parents with limbs blown off and bits of their bodies flung around? Nah, I know you better than that. And did you give me a red ....hilarious!!!!!!

I dont care how desperate you are, druggie or not, theres a line which doesnt get crossed.
harvesmom
harvesmom
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:14 am

Ben Reilly wrote:
Syl wrote:

I most certainly was not playing devil's advocate. None of you who are jumping my ass have any idea how you'd react if you had no home, no food, no future.

The homeless in the US and UK are not going to starve. It's not a holiday being homeless, but it's not like being homeless in India or Somalia. Take a drive on Lancaster just east of 35. You will see all the homeless hanging out there. They are there because there is food there. They don't need to rob the dead to survive.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next