NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HERE IT COMES: Huge Atlantic storm heading STRAIGHT for Britain will hit in just 28 hours

3 posters

Go down

HERE IT COMES: Huge Atlantic storm heading STRAIGHT for Britain will hit in just 28 hours Empty HERE IT COMES: Huge Atlantic storm heading STRAIGHT for Britain will hit in just 28 hours

Post by Guest Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:55 pm

THIS TERRIFYING image shows how a catastrophic storm hurtling across the Atlantic will smash into Britain in just HOURS.

The UK faces the WORST hurricane-force winds and torrential rain this winter and possibly for DECADES. And forecasters warned there will be NO let up in the extreme stormy weather until at least the end of the month. The entire west coast is braced for colossal 75 foot-plus waves to crash inland this weekend triggering unchecked flooding and widespread destruction.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/nature/458321/Weather-warning-Atlantic-storm-will-smash-into-Britain-and-devastate-southern-coasts

On top of what there is already! Somerset is completely flooded... Will it never end?

Back to top Go down

HERE IT COMES: Huge Atlantic storm heading STRAIGHT for Britain will hit in just 28 hours Empty Re: HERE IT COMES: Huge Atlantic storm heading STRAIGHT for Britain will hit in just 28 hours

Post by Guest Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:01 pm

Tess. wrote:THIS TERRIFYING image shows how a catastrophic storm hurtling across the Atlantic will smash into Britain in just HOURS.

The UK faces the WORST hurricane-force winds and torrential rain this winter and possibly for DECADES. And forecasters warned there will be NO let up in the extreme stormy weather until at least the end of the month. The entire west coast is braced for colossal 75 foot-plus waves to crash inland this weekend triggering unchecked flooding and widespread destruction.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/nature/458321/Weather-warning-Atlantic-storm-will-smash-into-Britain-and-devastate-southern-coasts

On top of what there is already! Somerset is completely flooded... Will it never end?

wonder if its true not like the 100 days of snow they talked about..

Back to top Go down

HERE IT COMES: Huge Atlantic storm heading STRAIGHT for Britain will hit in just 28 hours Empty Re: HERE IT COMES: Huge Atlantic storm heading STRAIGHT for Britain will hit in just 28 hours

Post by Andy Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:07 pm

But hasn't Owen Paterson has denied Global warming or climate change?
Something really odd is happening to our weather - it isn't just a 'cycle', it has been going horribly wrong for a few years now. Flooding, severe winters, drought and empty reservoirs, record temperatures, wetter summers and winters and now unrelenting storms.
Is this the atlantic 'El Nino'?

He certainly has taken his eye off the ball - his good one, at least! :D 
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:10 pm

heavenly father wrote:
Tess. wrote:THIS TERRIFYING image shows how a catastrophic storm hurtling across the Atlantic will smash into Britain in just HOURS.

wonder if its true not like the 100 days of snow they talked about..
You can't argue with that satellite image!

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarkson Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:18 pm

We are  going on a cruise to the Caribbean in March and sailing back across the Atlantic to Spain to avoid a long haul flight home. I hate flying but reading this I am very nervous!! Even on the largest cruise ships the stabilisers can't offset such a large swell.

I sincerely hope that this weather ceases to be abnormal, one of he good things about the UK is the mild winters and relatively mild weather in general.
The pictures from down south are the sorts of things we see from abroad normally.

On the good side maybe we can repatriate some overseas aid to deal with our own country's severe problems.

Clarkson
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarkson Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:24 pm

Never mind the satellite image what about the Audi in the video wouldnt leave my car there.

Clarkson
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:27 pm

The good news is the prevailing swell with be SW to NE in direction, which in less technical terms means it will be "up your chuff". Certainly a less violent motion, but one not to be underestimated, this causes more use of sick bags than a head on sea.
A crusty old mariner like Shady (if he has ever been on a boat) will testify to this.
I recommend a good supply of puke bags.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:28 pm

Clarkson wrote:We are  going on a cruise to the Caribbean in March and sailing back across the Atlantic to Spain to avoid a long haul flight home. I hate flying but reading this I am very nervous!! Even on the largest cruise ships the stabilisers can't offset such a large swell.

I sincerely hope that this weather ceases to be abnormal, one of he good things about the UK is the mild winters and relatively mild weather in general.
The pictures from down south are the sorts of things we see from abroad normally.

On the good side maybe we can repatriate some overseas aid to deal with our own country's severe problems.

Hopefully things will be a bit more calm by March -- as for my neck of the woods, it was quite a surprise to see snow falling outside my window this morning. We rarely get snow in Texas anymore (never more than twice a winter, and this is the second time) and rarely this late.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:48 pm

I don't think they can batten down the hatches any tighter than they already have, My prayers go out to these people, I pray they are safe or the storms blows out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarkson Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:16 pm

I wouldn't mind living in Texas. I wouldn't mind your taxes either.

Clarkson
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:31 pm

Clarkson wrote:I wouldn't mind living in Texas. I wouldn't mind your taxes either.

And you could watch FOX news all day long and drool over their political aspirations.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down