NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dying British surfer IGNORED by Muslims heading to mosque for HOURS

3 posters

Go down

Dying British surfer IGNORED by Muslims heading to mosque for HOURS Empty Dying British surfer IGNORED by Muslims heading to mosque for HOURS

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:10 pm

A BRITISH surfer who was found dead in a Moroccan ravine was spotted but “ignored” by worshippers heading to a nearby mosque, an inquest heard.
By SIMON OSBORNE
PUBLISHED: 04:47, Thu, Jul 14, 2016 | UPDATED: 08:20, Thu, Jul 14, 2016

Luke Sewell

Luke Sewell, 20, from Wilmslow, Cheshire, was found at the bottom of the 20-foot drop near his hotel in Agadir in March 2014.

Cheshire Coroners' Court found it was “likely” Luke had been spotted as early as 4am by people going to prayer but nobody stopped due to fears over “financing the bill”.

The student, who was on a trip with Newcastle University's Surfing Society, suffered severe head injuries in the unexplained fall.

His mother Tracie Stringer told the inquest: "We were told everybody walked past Luke for a long period of time and nobody would go near him as they would be liable if he was taken to hospital. That's terrible."

Source http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/689264/Dying-British-surfer-IGNORED-Muslims-mosque-HOURS?utm_source=outbrain&utm_medium=recommendations&utm_term=paid&utm_content=dx-news-showbiz&utm_campaign=2016

considering blackies post about helping others/yourself/your own first

what does this tell us vis helping "others"

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Dying British surfer IGNORED by Muslims heading to mosque for HOURS Empty Re: Dying British surfer IGNORED by Muslims heading to mosque for HOURS

Post by eddie Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:34 pm

How do they know that he was seen and ignored?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Dying British surfer IGNORED by Muslims heading to mosque for HOURS Empty Re: Dying British surfer IGNORED by Muslims heading to mosque for HOURS

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:46 pm

dunno...dont care.....thats what the coroners court has decided.....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:48 pm

Well it kind of matters really or it's a non-story or at the very least, an extremely misleading title Vic.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:54 pm

I assume the coroners court has access to evidence I dont....
unless of course you beleive that our coroners courts are all extreme rightwing bodies out to "load" an anti Muslim narrative for their own reasons...

perhaps they are stoking the fires in the hope of causing a response...thus giving them plenty more work to do...perhaps folks aren't snuffing it quick enough and they are scared of being out of a job????????????
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:58 pm

The word used was 'likely', so they had no evidence that it happened, or the word 'likely' would not have been used.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:58 pm

Okay let me go through this.

Who saw these Muslims that ignored the dying man?
Because whomever saw the Muslims, saw the man, yes?

Or was it the Muslims who came forward and said "Yes we saw the dying man and ignored him"

Or was it figured that; he died at such o'clock so he was dying at such o'clock which is at the same time as call to prayer....so we conclude Muslims must've seen him and ignored him"?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:10 pm

read the whole thing.....apparantly he dies in hospital, after laying there for hours

but...of course......It couldnt possibly happen like that ...could it.... Dying British surfer IGNORED by Muslims heading to mosque for HOURS 2190311264
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:21 pm

Its an interesting situation to ask

Would it seem out of place where he was laying and by what clothes?

Did people simple believe he was asleep and could only see him from a distance?

There is no doubt people saw him, but did they twig or believe that something was wrong?

I think in this case, I think its unfair to judge people here walking by, when they may have thought him to be sleeping off the night before, if as seen people can drink in the area.

If there was blood present, then it would right to question why nobody approahed.

Too little information provided to assertain

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:23 pm

Well, the real question here is whether they ignored him because of the color of his skin or because they really were afraid they'd have to pay his hospital bill, as they claimed.

Info in my quick search was scarce, but I did find these:

While RAM is a complete Disgrace, hundreds if not thousands of other services and other companies in Morocco are just as mediocre. For instance, administrations, corrupted justice systems, hospitals even private clinics (by the way, the state of health care services in Morocco is so despicable, I hope and pray for you my dear friends to never ever have to deal with it), from bringing in your own sheets pillow and blankets, sterile or not who cares, to negotiating how much care you can get from your salaried nurse to buying your own surgical supplies, to keeping dead people hostage in private clinics until the hospital bill gets paid. Banks, hotels, car rental companies etc... I can go on and on.

http://www.wafin.com/articles/402/What-is-ailing-with-the-Moroccan-society

More criticism of the Moroccan health care system:

http://www.moroccoworldnews.com/2016/05/186077/seven-things-to-know-before-going-to-a-moroccan-hospital/

So it seems to me like there's at least a chance that the passers-by were afraid they'd have to go into debt if they helped him.

Also, from the first source:

There is a large segment of the population, even highly educated people that have zero notion of civility.

Sounds like a LOT of other places.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:27 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:Well, the real question here is whether they ignored him because of the color of his skin or because they really were afraid they'd have to pay his hospital bill, as they claimed.

Info in my quick search was scarce, but I did find these:

While RAM is a complete Disgrace, hundreds if not thousands of other services and other companies in Morocco are just as mediocre. For instance, administrations, corrupted justice systems, hospitals even private clinics (by the way, the state of health care services in Morocco is so despicable, I hope and pray for you my dear friends to never ever have to deal with it), from bringing in your own sheets pillow and blankets, sterile or not who cares, to negotiating how much care you can get from your salaried nurse to buying your own surgical supplies, to keeping dead people hostage in private clinics until the hospital bill gets paid. Banks, hotels, car rental companies etc... I can go on and on.

http://www.wafin.com/articles/402/What-is-ailing-with-the-Moroccan-society

More criticism of the Moroccan health care system:

http://www.moroccoworldnews.com/2016/05/186077/seven-things-to-know-before-going-to-a-moroccan-hospital/

So it seems to me like there's at least a chance that the passers-by were afraid they'd have to go into debt if they helped him.

Also, from the first source:

There is a large segment of the population, even highly educated people that have zero notion of civility.

Sounds like a LOT of other places.

Well Muslim are know for their charity, so that would be poor for the fact that they did know and did nothing.

I fail to see how and why you could not call the Police to investigate how that would then implicate you in medical costs?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:28 pm

Muslim are know for their charity

Yeah, just like black people are good at basketball and white people can't dance, right? Wink
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:32 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:

Yeah, just like black people are good at basketball and white people can't dance, right? Wink

I( get your point, but Muslims on recent surveys here did happen to be the most charitable, because the religion does actually empahsize a big part on being charitable. Its a teaching within the faith, not something people are born with but are taught.
The point is again though, what would stop them calling the police?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:47 pm

Didge wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:

I( get your point, but Muslims on recent surveys here did happen to be the most charitable, because the religion does actually empahsize a big part on being charitable. Its a teaching within the faith, not something people are born with but are taught.
The point is again though, what would stop them calling the police?

I'd like to know more about the laws of Morocco and their health care system before I tried to answer that.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down