NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dear Edwina Currie: Jack Monroe's open letter after Big Benefits Row Live clash

Go down

Dear Edwina Currie: Jack Monroe's open letter after Big Benefits Row Live clash Empty Dear Edwina Currie: Jack Monroe's open letter after Big Benefits Row Live clash

Post by Irn Bru Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:13 pm

Angry: Jack Monroe on last night's 'The Big Benefits Row' live debate

Dear Edwina,

It’s 9 o'clock on Tuesday, the morning after the night before, where we were both on a panel on The Big Benefits Row on Channel 5. I haven’t watched it back, I was there, and know what I look like when I’m angry.

I need to get this out – because it’s everything I wanted to say last night but couldn’t, as I kept being rudely shouted over by you. Honestly, my three year old behaves better than that. At least he knows that when Mummy does her ‘will you just be QUIET and LISTEN to me’ then the best thing to do is to stop running your mouth and let Mummy say her piece.

But you didn’t. Because you were terrified of what I had to say.

I wanted to say, when asked by Matthew Wright, that poverty is almost indescribable to someone as blinkered as you. That turning off the fridge because it’s empty anyway, that sitting across the table from your young son enviously staring down his breakfast, having freezing cold showers and putting your child to bed in god knows how many layers of clothes in the evening – it’s distressing. Depressing. Destabilising.

You can read the rest of the letter here............

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/big-benefits-row-live-open-3110750

Take that ya nasty bitch.

Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Dear Edwina Currie: Jack Monroe's open letter after Big Benefits Row Live clash Empty Re: Dear Edwina Currie: Jack Monroe's open letter after Big Benefits Row Live clash

Post by Guest Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:28 pm

Sure – you could probably live on benefits for a week to ‘prove it could be done’. But imagine living for 11 weeks with no housing benefit, because of ‘delays’. Imagine those 77 days of being chased for rent that you can’t pay, ignoring the phone, ignoring the door, drawing the curtains so the bailiffs can’t see that you’re home, cradling your son to your chest and sobbing that this is where it’s all ended up. It feels endless. Hopeless. Cold. Wet. Day after day of ‘no’. No we aren’t looking for staff. No there isn’t anything else to eat. No I can’t put the heating on. No I haven’t got any money to pay my rent arrears. No, no, no,

Sitting on the bathroom floor vomiting up the paracetamol and sleeping pills I took to try to end my own life – that wasn’t, as you hissed in an aside, “a rich girl pretending to be poor.” I was alone, with nobody to ‘pretend’ to. I didn’t write about my suicide attempts, because I was scared that if anyone knew how bad things were, I would lose my son. There was a lot I didn’t write about. You become adept at keeping up appearances, at smiling and saying you’re fine. It was almost a year before I was referred to a food bank for help, almost a year of searching for work, holding my home and my son together at the seams with an iron will. And all those ‘no’s.

When you descend into personal attacks against your opponent, it is because you have no political argument left.

When you tweet your opponent's grandfather's obituary all over the internet in a foul attempt at smearing their reputation, it is because you are scum.

Did you stop to think for one moment how you might have made my family feel? My nan, my mum, my dad, all people who dearly love the man whose life and death you used in a live television debate last night to try to unsettle your opponent? Of course you didn’t.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/big-benefits-row-live-open-3110750#ixzz2sUOq21RP
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

I didn't know Edwina Currie had done that. Nasty Bitch doesn't cover it. Pond slime pretending to be a human being.

Back to top Go down

Dear Edwina Currie: Jack Monroe's open letter after Big Benefits Row Live clash Empty Re: Dear Edwina Currie: Jack Monroe's open letter after Big Benefits Row Live clash

Post by Guest Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:34 pm

Good evening poor Labour supporters.

Irn Bru...like your other thread from yesterday I think.It holds no water because it's from the Daily Mirror.

Please find & use a reliable news source........to source your threads.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:39 pm

Shady wrote:Good evening poor Labour supporters.

Irn Bru...like your other thread from yesterday I think.It holds no water because it's from the Daily Mirror.

From the letter to Edwina......

Thank you for showing your party to be the nasty, out of touch, gutter-scraping worms that they are.

Bang on the money.

PS Couldn't find it in the Daily Mail Laughing
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:40 pm

Not exactly something they want to talk about is it lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:42 pm

Irn Bru wrote:

Thank you for showing your party to be the nasty, out of touch, gutter-scraping worms that they are.

Bang on the money.

Like I said,find yourself a reliable news ource & people will debate with you.

Irn.......you've gone all Catty.How come?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:43 pm

Sassy wrote:Not exactly something they want to talk about is it lol

LOL.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:44 pm

As it was the Daily Mirror reporter who attended the 'debate' and Jack Munro now writes for them, it is very unlikely that it would be in any other newspaper.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:46 pm

Shady wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:

Bang on the money.

Don't try to get Catty with me Laughing
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:47 pm

Sassy wrote:As it was the Daily Mirror reporter who attended the 'debate' and Jack Munro now writes for them, it is very unlikely that it would be in any other newspaper.

And??

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:49 pm

Irn Bru wrote:
Shady wrote:

I used to find some of your points of view most commendable but now......well now you smell of Catty piss.

Last edited by Shady on Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:13 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:08 am

Shady wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:
Shady wrote:

I used to find some of your points of view most commendable but now......well you smell of Catty piss.

Shady, if you are not interested in this subject and you would like to debate something else then there is quite a wide selection of other issues that may be of interest to you.
Get back to me if you find anything that you are interested in and I'll make up my mind whether it's something that I may want to get involved in.

Fair enough?
Irn
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:10 am

He's retreated to pirate land, where what he says is important  Rolling Eyes 

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:14 am

Sassy wrote:He's retreated to pirate land, where what he says is important  Rolling Eyes 

Blind Pew could be paying him a visit shortly Laughing
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:14 am

Irn Bru wrote:
Shady wrote:

I used to find some of your points of view most commendable but now......well you smell of Catty piss.

Shady, if you are not interested in this subject and you would like to debate something else then there is quite a wide selection of other issues that may be of interest to you.
Get back to me if you find anything that you are interested in and I'll make up my mind whether it's something that I may want to get involved in.

Fair enough?
Irn

Typical left wing Daily Mirror mentality.......Catty piss.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:15 am

Sassy wrote:He's retreated to pirate land, where what he says is important  Rolling Eyes 

That's right Sassy my dear & you're right there with me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:16 am

Do toddle off back to la la land, there's a good little pirate. Don't forget your comfort blanket now will you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:19 am

Sassy wrote:Do toddle off back to la la land, there's a good little pirate.   Don't forget your comfort blanket now will you.

Awww what's the matter Sassy....we were getting on so well.And then cat piss ruined it all.

Sassy my love..... a piece of advice from a superior.......stop sniffing cat piss.

Bye for now & I'll get back to you when I want to use you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:22 am

Sleep 

Which pantomime are you appearing in this year?

It was just too hard for you to be a grown up, wasn't it? Troll version of Shady yet again, such a boring fart.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:29 am

Shady wrote:
Sassy wrote:Do toddle off back to la la land, there's a good little pirate.   Don't forget your comfort blanket now will you.

Awww what's the matter Sassy....we were getting on so well.And then cat piss ruined it all.

Sassy my love..... a piece of advice from a superior.......stop sniffing cat piss.

For someone who didn't want to debate with me I have to say that I've enjoyed your company this evening.

Anchors aweigh

Laughing
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:30 am

Irn Bru wrote:
Shady wrote:

For someone who didn't want to debate with me I have to say that I've enjoyed your company this evening.

Anchors aweigh

Laughing

Well, you have to have a comedy act!

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:40 am

Sassy wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:
Shady wrote:

Anchors aweigh

Laughing

Well, you have to have a comedy act!

True, but I don't know whether he is Popeye or Bruno.

Maybe he see's you as Olive Oil.

Laughing
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:15 am

Oh that's not a pleasant thought!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:18 am

Sassy wrote:As it was the Daily Mirror reporter who attended the 'debate' and Jack Munro now writes for them, it is very unlikely that it would be in any other newspaper.

Yeah.

And the RW are getting very fed up with the Daily Mirror, since they don't like their lies being exposed!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:22 am

..Good on the Daily Mirror for going back to it's roots, they always used to stick up for the poor and the working classes!

I can remember spending part of my pocket money as a kid, then the money a got from doing a paper round, to buy a copy daily!  Razz 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:28 am

And they don't have as many retractions as the Daily Mail.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:34 am

Sassy wrote:And they don't have as many retractions as the Daily Mail.

The Daily Mail are always in the libel courts, due to the constant lies that they print.  ::zomb:: 

It's a shame that the RW, and some that proclaim to be quite intelligent (pompous)  ::smthg::  ::smthg::  ::smthg:: continue to support that awful rag!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down