NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'People who claim Muslims won't integrate are furious they might enjoy Christmas': Backlash at ‘racist idiots’ who blasted Tesco for including Islamic family in their festive advert

+4
'Wolfie
The Devil, You Know
magica
HoratioTarr
8 posters

Go down

'People who claim Muslims won't integrate are furious they might enjoy Christmas': Backlash at ‘racist idiots’ who blasted Tesco for including Islamic family in their festive advert Empty 'People who claim Muslims won't integrate are furious they might enjoy Christmas': Backlash at ‘racist idiots’ who blasted Tesco for including Islamic family in their festive advert

Post by HoratioTarr Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:53 pm

Britons have taken to social media to condemn racists who criticised Tesco for including a Muslim family in its Christmas advert.
The commercial - which was released on Sunday as part of the retailer's 'Everyone's Welcome' campaign - shows different families celebrating the festival as they dig into a turkey from the supermarket.
In one scene, a Muslim family greet each other with gifts as they prepare to celebrate the holiday.

But the clip has faced a backlash with some viewers claiming that Muslims should not celebrate Christmas in a shocking flood of racist online comments.
'Tesco have just put an advert out showing families celebrating and enjoying Christmas dinner. Why was a Muslim family included in this ad?' tweeted one viewer.
Another wrote: 'Your Christmas advert features Muslims, but they do not celebrate Christian celebrations, so why?' 
Some have even gone as far as to call for a boycott of Tesco over the commercial.

But other social media users have hit back at the critical comments.
One wrote: 'Fantastic news! A whole load of ignorant idiots are boycotting Tesco because of their Christmas advert; means their stores won't be packed with racist idiots when I do my food shop...'
Another said: 'Shout out to Tesco for their Christmas advert showing how all of us can come together at Christmas. Shame on anyone who thinks otherwise #saynotoracism.'
One wrote: 'No doubt the people who claim Muslims won't integrate are now furious that Muslims might enjoy Christmas...'
And another said of those critical of the advert: 'It's gonna blow their minds when they discover most Brits don't even go to church for Christmas.'

Some Muslims have also hit back, with one man tweeting: 'People are annoyed because the Tesco Christmas advert features a Muslim family. What is it you think we do on 25th December?'
In a statement, Tesco said everyone should be able to celebrate the festive season.
'Everyone is welcome at Tesco this Christmas and we're proud to celebrate the many ways our customers come together over the festive season', a Tesco spokesperson said.
But that wasn't the only issue that some viewers had with the advert.
'@Tesco just seen your Xmas advert - you don't have a turkey for me, I'm vegetarian,' commented one woman.

Another wrote: 'I can imagine there's gonna be a few complaints from veggies/vegans about the @Tesco 'Everybody's Welcome' Christmas advert!'
Others thought it was too early to be releasing a Christmas advert at all, let alone on Bonfire Night.
'You've gone too early with your Christmas advert,' said one viewer on Twitter. 'Guy Fawkes will be turning in his grave.'
Another commented: 'Oh my god @Tesco did I just see your actual Christmas advert? You know it's only the first week of November, yes?' 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5071521/Viewers-complain-Tesco-s-advert-features-Muslim-family.html
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

'People who claim Muslims won't integrate are furious they might enjoy Christmas': Backlash at ‘racist idiots’ who blasted Tesco for including Islamic family in their festive advert Empty Re: 'People who claim Muslims won't integrate are furious they might enjoy Christmas': Backlash at ‘racist idiots’ who blasted Tesco for including Islamic family in their festive advert

Post by HoratioTarr Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:54 pm

Does this indicate  that the Christian meaning of Christmas is well and truly dead?
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

'People who claim Muslims won't integrate are furious they might enjoy Christmas': Backlash at ‘racist idiots’ who blasted Tesco for including Islamic family in their festive advert Empty Re: 'People who claim Muslims won't integrate are furious they might enjoy Christmas': Backlash at ‘racist idiots’ who blasted Tesco for including Islamic family in their festive advert

Post by Guest Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:56 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:Does this indicate  that the Christian meaning of Christmas is well and truly dead?

Has it not been dead for years being that hardly anyone goes to mass anymore, who is Christian?

Lets face it Christianity hijacked this original winter pagan festival

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:57 pm

I hope not, we've lost a few of our old ways here now, no bonfire in the streets, no penny for the guy.

Saying that though when Cromwell took over, Christmas was banned! I hope that never happens again.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:58 pm

Didge wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:Does this indicate  that the Christian meaning of Christmas is well and truly dead?

Has it not been dead for years being that hardly anyone goes to mass anymore, who is Christian?

True
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:00 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:Britons have taken to social media to condemn racists who criticised Tesco for including a Muslim family in its Christmas advert.
The commercial - which was released on Sunday as part of the retailer's 'Everyone's Welcome' campaign - shows different families celebrating the festival as they dig into a turkey from the supermarket.
In one scene, a Muslim family greet each other with gifts as they prepare to celebrate the holiday.

But the clip has faced a backlash with some viewers claiming that Muslims should not celebrate Christmas in a shocking flood of racist online comments.
'Tesco have just put an advert out showing families celebrating and enjoying Christmas dinner. Why was a Muslim family included in this ad?' tweeted one viewer.
Another wrote: 'Your Christmas advert features Muslims, but they do not celebrate Christian celebrations, so why?' 
Some have even gone as far as to call for a boycott of Tesco over the commercial.

But other social media users have hit back at the critical comments.
One wrote: 'Fantastic news! A whole load of ignorant idiots are boycotting Tesco because of their Christmas advert; means their stores won't be packed with racist idiots when I do my food shop...'
Another said: 'Shout out to Tesco for their Christmas advert showing how all of us can come together at Christmas. Shame on anyone who thinks otherwise #saynotoracism.'
One wrote: 'No doubt the people who claim Muslims won't integrate are now furious that Muslims might enjoy Christmas...'
And another said of those critical of the advert: 'It's gonna blow their minds when they discover most Brits don't even go to church for Christmas.'

Some Muslims have also hit back, with one man tweeting: 'People are annoyed because the Tesco Christmas advert features a Muslim family. What is it you think we do on 25th December?'
In a statement, Tesco said everyone should be able to celebrate the festive season.
'Everyone is welcome at Tesco this Christmas and we're proud to celebrate the many ways our customers come together over the festive season', a Tesco spokesperson said.
But that wasn't the only issue that some viewers had with the advert.
'@Tesco just seen your Xmas advert - you don't have a turkey for me, I'm vegetarian,' commented one woman.

Another wrote: 'I can imagine there's gonna be a few complaints from veggies/vegans about the @Tesco 'Everybody's Welcome' Christmas advert!'
Others thought it was too early to be releasing a Christmas advert at all, let alone on Bonfire Night.
'You've gone too early with your Christmas advert,' said one viewer on Twitter. 'Guy Fawkes will be turning in his grave.'
Another commented: 'Oh my god @Tesco did I just see your actual Christmas advert? You know it's only the first week of November, yes?' 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5071521/Viewers-complain-Tesco-s-advert-features-Muslim-family.html
many of those complaining about those complaining may well be exactly the same sort that try to call christmas winterval in order to not offend "some" people.
The odd thing about the tesco's christmas add is there is no cross's or christian symbology in it at all.
I look forward to their eid advertisements showing a christian family with prominent crosses on show enjoying the eid festival.

As to Muslims not enjoying christmas the malls here are full of christmas decorations, reindeer's and santa clauses. It is just some Muslims that have a problem, the more islamist kind.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:02 pm

Didge wrote:

well you would need to be a papist to go to mass surely.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:02 pm

Didge wrote:

that's how most religions get their toeholds in new lands
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:03 pm

The Devil, You Know wrote:
Didge wrote:

Why do you think that?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:05 pm

Didge wrote:

that's how most religions get their toeholds in new lands

Indeed, a load of saints formed in the Uk are originally from older pagan myths

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:06 pm

magica wrote:I hope not, we've lost a few of our old ways here now, no bonfire in the streets, no penny for the guy.

Saying that though when Cromwell took over, Christmas was banned!  I hope that never happens again.

Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:54 pm

Didge wrote:

Rolling Eyes

You really are a fucking idiot, head...
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:04 pm

The true meaning of Christmas is a distant memory for many.
People who still want to celebrate the religious aspect of it still can, people who want to join together for family festivities and present giving will continue.

So what if other religions want to share in the joy of it all. My Hindu next door neighbours always swap cards and presents with us ...and they always put Christmas decorations up before we do.Cool
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:05 pm

Syl wrote:The true meaning of Christmas is a distant memory for many.
People who still want to celebrate the religious aspect of it still can, people who want to join together for family festivities and present giving will continue.

So what if other religions want to share in the joy of it all. My Hindu next door neighbours always swap cards and presents with us ...and they always put Christmas decorations up before we do.Cool

I think I've said this before but one of my friend's partners is Muslim.  He drinks, eats bacon and never observes Ramadan.  Does that make him a bad Muslim?
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:51 pm

Well my mum has new neighbours - we think they are Muslim we wouldn't dream of asking - but I've never met anyone like them - they are caring considerate do anything for my mum - they help in with shopping when I take her - couldn't ask for better neighbours if we tried .

They literally would do anything they are so so kind . They told my mum if she needs anything just knock on the wall and they will be round to help .

In the window on Halloween they had a flashing pumpkin it was really colourful - I'm expecting them to have a tree up at Christmas , I don't know if they are Muslim christian or whatever other faith - all I know is that they are the kindest people I've met in a long time .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:55 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:

I think I've said this before but one of my friend's partners is Muslim.  He drinks, eats bacon and never observes Ramadan.  Does that make him a bad Muslim?

I know people like that at the wholesalers in Manchester they are not strict about their religion they do all things we do - but then we know some who follow the religion seriously and won't eat pork etc . None of them are bad people .

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:50 am

Oh goody. The annual War on Christmas is starting earlier and earlier. I do hope these people remember that Jesus was a Jew and more than likely was not born in December 25th.

In my family I have split households such as Jewish/Christian, atheists/religious, none of the above. Nobody gets their knickers in a twist over who does or doesn’t do whatever. We eat, play stupid games, watch Telly and chill out.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:02 am

santa

IF it weren't for Trade Unions snd workers' rights,  nobody would be getting even a days holiday for Christmas anyways (Two days in Britain, and many former colonies..).

Those bigotted protest groups who are attacking these modern-day diversity/integration/multicultural style advert's aren't genuine "Christians" either --  but are in reality largely hatemongering racist gangs preaching intolerance and violence, who have hijacked religeous idealogy as a front for their divisive and criminal activities..

Much like ISIS, al Qaeda and the Taliban.
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:27 am

It's a good job they didn't show Jehovah's Witnesses celebrating Christmas.

I can't be doing with Christmas adverts anyway - it's best not to watch them. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:38 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:Britons have taken to social media to condemn racists who

criticised Tesco for including a Muslim family in its Christmas advert.

Tesco was NOT created by a christian.
The creator was a Jew.
The retailers must be basking in the controversy, it's what they want.
Who'd even take notice of the ad if it wasn't controversial in some way.

Wait till you see the Amazon ad - which hints that Santa is a myth - now that should cause an almighty furore.
(My parents and teachers have always sworn that santa is real - have they ALL been lying to me??  Evil or Very Mad )

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down