NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brit expat slammed on Twitter after complaining to John Lewis that Christmas advert features 'too many black people'

+4
eddie
Syl
Andy
Victorismyhero
8 posters

Go down

Brit expat slammed on Twitter after complaining to John Lewis that Christmas advert features 'too many black people' Empty Brit expat slammed on Twitter after complaining to John Lewis that Christmas advert features 'too many black people'

Post by Guest Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:03 pm

The Twitter troll, who calls herself 'Katie', apparently lives in France but pointedly writes she 'isn't French' on her bio

A British woman has ripped into John Lewis's heart-warming Christmas advert, complaining that it features a black family.
The Twitter troll, who calls herself 'Katie', apparently lives in France but pointedly writes she 'isn't French' on her bio.
She posted a 'letter of complaint', apparently written by her, on the social media platform where it has been roundly ridiculed.
In it, she writes: "I have to say your 'Christmas' ad is wrong in so many ways.
"We white Brits are STILL the majority in the UK, it seems you want no mention of our traditions.of Christmas or music etc.

Brit expat slammed on Twitter after complaining to John Lewis that Christmas advert features 'too many black people' BLP_MDG_301116Jlewisad_blurred33JPG

"Very disappointing that you seem so unaware of the resentment which is building in the UK much of it due to adverts like this. The irony is ,this feedback will probably not even be read by a Brit.....how I grieve for my culture & country. (sic)"
But the complaint was jumped on by furious Twitter users who accused the Twitter user of racism.
After Katie claimed her tweet wasn't racist, another Twitter user, Mike P Williams, pointed out: "Saying black people should not be in adverts because we are a white nation & let's keep it that way IS RACIST FFS."
Mr Williams response received more than 1,000 likes as opposed to the five likes Katie received for her previous message.

Another man, Ryan Brown, responded: "The irony, of course, is that you're currently an immigrant in France complaining about immigration in Britain."
She did not respond to Mr Brown's comment.
It is unclear whether John Lewis did indeed receive the complaint or whether it was a hoax.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/brit-expat-ridiculed-twitter-after-9369717

It wasn't a hoax, she has since posted a copy of the letter.

So many have now pointed out to the stupid cow that not only is she a hypocrite, living in France, but that that she might like to sit down when she faints, as obviously Jesus, his family and the 3 Kings, were all middle eastern and guess what!   They had brown skins.

Back to top Go down

Brit expat slammed on Twitter after complaining to John Lewis that Christmas advert features 'too many black people' Empty Re: Brit expat slammed on Twitter after complaining to John Lewis that Christmas advert features 'too many black people'

Post by Victorismyhero Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:28 pm

I'd like to see these adverts being strictly proportional to the population mix... Brit expat slammed on Twitter after complaining to John Lewis that Christmas advert features 'too many black people' 2190311264

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Brit expat slammed on Twitter after complaining to John Lewis that Christmas advert features 'too many black people' Empty Re: Brit expat slammed on Twitter after complaining to John Lewis that Christmas advert features 'too many black people'

Post by Andy Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:35 pm

Lord Foul wrote:I'd like to see these adverts being strictly proportional to the population mix... Brit expat slammed on Twitter after complaining to John Lewis that Christmas advert features 'too many black people' 2190311264

Would be interesting to see the 2.4 children? 1 leg and 1 arm?
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:39 pm

I wonder how many people who have seen the ad actually even thought the family were black? I confess till I read this it hadn't even crossed my mind. Brit expat slammed on Twitter after complaining to John Lewis that Christmas advert features 'too many black people' 2190311264
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:40 pm

well one wonders what is the "real" answer doesnt it?

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:41 pm

I havnt even see the advert...

pfft..me I'd ban ALL "christmas adverts"

BAH! HUMBUG!
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:42 pm

For some of us, Christmas came this morning.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:44 pm

I'm saying nowt...

just waiting
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:45 pm

and not for what you may think either.....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:49 pm

Lord Foul wrote:I havnt even see the advert...

BAH! HUMBUG!

I love the Christmas ads....favourite being the foxes on the trampoline, the problem is when the ads are so good I don't even notice which store is flogging their goods...I just enjoy the ad. Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:56 pm

Handy Andy wrote:For some of us, Christmas came this morning.
My daughter's blood sugar count dropped into single figures for the first time in a month. And the 5 kgs she lost during her illness is returning.
As you can see, Christmas has come early.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:56 pm

Syl wrote:I wonder how many people who have seen the ad actually even thought the family were black? I confess till I read this it hadn't even crossed my mind. Brit expat slammed on Twitter after complaining to John Lewis that Christmas advert features 'too many black people' 2190311264

I've seen the ad but didn't give it another thought either.

This woman is stupid and ignorant. I'm just glad enough people thought she was talking bollocks on twitter....5 "likes" is hardly anyone agreeing.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:58 pm

Syl wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:I havnt even see the advert...

BAH! HUMBUG!

I love the Christmas ads....favourite being the foxes on the trampoline, the problem is when the ads are so good I don't even notice which store is flogging their goods...I just enjoy the ad. Laughing

At least we no longer have endless holiday ads or Bruce Forsyth with his inane DFS sale.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:03 pm

Handy Andy wrote:
My daughter's blood sugar count dropped into single figures for the first time in a month. And the 5 kgs she lost during her illness is returning.

That's a beautiful early Christmas present....it puts everything else into perspective. x
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:04 pm

Handy Andy wrote:

Brilliant news. She'll be feeling heaps better for the actual festivities too!
Really pleased for you, hope her road to recovery is speedy.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:05 pm

Handy Andy wrote:

Fantastic, best present ever x

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:06 pm

Thanx Syl. Not all great news though. We all have to be vigilant of hypoglycaemia. So far her sugars were sky high. They must not drop below 4. Jelly babies and glucose gel now carried at all times by her with her glucose epipen.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:08 pm

sassy wrote:
Handy Andy wrote:

Fantastic, best present ever x
Had to chuckle - she told mrs HA she needs a bigger cup size. I bit my tongue!
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:25 pm

Handy Andy wrote:Thanx Syl. Not all great news though. We  all have to be vigilant of hypoglycaemia. So far her sugars were sky high. They must not drop below 4. Jelly babies and glucose gel  now carried at all times by her with her glucose epipen.

It must be a very scary time for you all, I don't see how anyone can prepare for this sort of bombshell that drops on a loving family.
But the latest news is brilliant HA....I bet even we that are not at all religious are praying and wishing your daughter well....I hope you all have the best Christmas ever. santa
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:34 pm

Bombshell sums it up. She knew she wasn't well, we knew it was serious when she asked to go for a blood test as she has a real phobia of needles.
We were blessed by having a brilliant (Muslim!) consultant who spent all night treating her. The ward sister said he finished work 10pm on that fateful saturday night.
As we keep reassuring her, it could have been proper bad new, not just a nuisance illness. She is coming to accept that philosophy.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:35 pm

Handy Andy wrote:

AH I see, good news and glad tidings indeed.. Pleased for you and of course especially for her.
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:38 pm

Rhanx . Appreciated. Puts forum wars into perspective.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:22 pm

I did leave you a message up there somewhere ^^^^
It's diabetes right? Horrible disease.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:29 pm

Yeah. Type 1. Suddenly came on after a virus trashed the insulin producing part of her psncreas. Could have been worse.
Had we not taken her to hospital that evening, she wouldn'thave awoken.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:36 pm

Syl wrote:I wonder how many people who have seen the ad actually even thought the family were black? I confess till I read this it hadn't even crossed my mind. Brit expat slammed on Twitter after complaining to John Lewis that Christmas advert features 'too many black people' 2190311264

It didn't cross my mind. I remember thinking how cute that kid's hairdo was.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:41 pm

Handy Andy wrote:Yeah. Type 1. Suddenly came on after a virus trashed the insulin producing part of her psncreas. Could have been worse.
Had we not taken her to hospital that evening, she wouldn'thave awoken.

Jeez. Like I said, hope she makes a full and speedy recovery.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:44 pm

When we took her in, her glucose count was 34.5. 4-8 is normal. 12 is high. 20 is dangerously high.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:02 pm

Handy Andy wrote:When we took her in, her glucose count was 34.5. 4-8 is normal. 12 is high. 20 is dangerously high.

She will be fine now HA. They can keep an eye and, with regular blood tests, she will be fit as a fiddle.
I have an autoimmune disease too; I've got Graves Disease. I've been in "remission" for a few years now.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:34 pm

Thanks for the update HA... glad to hear!

Back to op .. we often hear the arguments about numbers not being representative when it is not enough of some groups compared to population numbers etc and how it's discrimination etc...

Does this only apply one way?

Seems so...

This local Sevenoaks theatre in Kent put on a 'sleeping beauty' show with a large number of cast being black and unrepresentative to local demographic...

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/721502/Eastender-Ricky-Norwood-Sevenoaks-black-cast-sleeping-beauty-discrimination-Wilson

But when someone complained about this and it not being reflective of local population etc... suddenly colour was totally irrelevant and the complainant was branded a racist for daring to mention it.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:22 pm

sassy wrote:

The Twitter troll, who calls herself 'Katie', apparently lives in France but pointedly writes she 'isn't French' on her bio

A British woman has ripped into John Lewis's heart-warming Christmas advert, complaining that it features a black family.
The Twitter troll, who calls herself 'Katie', apparently lives in France but pointedly writes she 'isn't French' on her bio.
She posted a 'letter of complaint', apparently written by her, on the social media platform where it has been roundly ridiculed.
In it, she writes: "I have to say your 'Christmas' ad is wrong in so many ways.
"We white Brits are STILL the majority in the UK, it seems you want no mention of our traditions.of Christmas or music etc.

Brit expat slammed on Twitter after complaining to John Lewis that Christmas advert features 'too many black people' BLP_MDG_301116Jlewisad_blurred33JPG

"Very disappointing that you seem so unaware of the resentment which is building in the UK much of it due to adverts like this. The irony is ,this feedback will probably not even be read by a Brit.....how I grieve for my culture & country. (sic)"
But the complaint was jumped on by furious Twitter users who accused the Twitter user of racism.
After Katie claimed her tweet wasn't racist, another Twitter user, Mike P Williams, pointed out: "Saying black people should not be in adverts because we are a white nation & let's keep it that way IS RACIST FFS."
Mr Williams response received more than 1,000 likes as opposed to the five likes Katie received for her previous message.

Another man, Ryan Brown, responded: "The irony, of course, is that you're currently an immigrant in France complaining about immigration in Britain."
She did not respond to Mr Brown's comment.
It is unclear whether John Lewis did indeed receive the complaint or whether it was a hoax.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/brit-expat-ridiculed-twitter-after-9369717

It wasn't a hoax, she has since posted a copy of the letter.

So many have now pointed out to the stupid cow that not only is she a hypocrite, living in France, but that that she might like to sit down when she faints, as obviously Jesus, his family and the 3 Kings, were all middle eastern and guess what!   They had brown skins.

Awww lil ''katie''  I feel your pain.  Sad  Hope you get some counselling. You're in dire need of it. Shocked

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:20 am

Lord Foul wrote:
I'd like to see these adverts being strictly proportional to the population mix... Brit expat slammed on Twitter after complaining to John Lewis that Christmas advert features 'too many black people' 2190311264

Cool

Yep;   totally agree with that;   more demographic truthfulness...

Like many of the advert's made in Australia, Canada and the US these days..

And don't forget that all those dogs, cats, hedgehogs, foxes and rabbits should also get a look in !

bounce           cat           cheers            Brit expat slammed on Twitter after complaining to John Lewis that Christmas advert features 'too many black people' 1763903427            bounce
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down