NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Warning To Those Who Live On Benefits & Drugs

3 posters

Go down

A Warning To Those Who Live On Benefits & Drugs Empty A Warning To Those Who Live On Benefits & Drugs

Post by Guest Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:21 pm

30th January 2014

A mother-of-three is believed to have become the first woman in Britain to die directly from cannabis poisoning.

Gemma Moss, a 31-year-old churchgoer, of Boscombe, in Bournemouth, Dorset, collapsed in bed after smoking a cannabis cigarette that led her to have moderate to high levels of the class B drug in her system.

Tests of her vital organs found nothing wrong with them although it was suggested she might have suffered a cardiac arrest triggered by cannabis toxicity.

Miss Moss' death was registered as cannabis toxicity and a coroner has recorded a verdict of death by cannabis abuse.

An inquest heard Miss Moss smoked half a joint a night to help get her to sleep.

Her friend, Zara Hill, said she and Miss Moss smoked cannabis worth about £20 together in the week before her death.

Miss Hill told police that Miss Moss smoked as much as £60 of the drug a week, although this was disputed by her family.

She also Miss Moss was stressed about her benefit money being stopped and because her son had been excluded from school.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2548669/Devout-Christian-mother-three-31-woman-Britain-DIE-cannabis-poisoning-smoking-joint-bed.html#ixzz2rtaOtpVp
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Back to top Go down

A Warning To Those Who Live On Benefits & Drugs Empty Re: A Warning To Those Who Live On Benefits & Drugs

Post by Guest Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:39 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:30th January 2014

A mother-of-three is believed to have become the first woman in Britain to die directly from cannabis poisoning.

Gemma Moss, a 31-year-old churchgoer, of Boscombe, in Bournemouth, Dorset, collapsed in bed after smoking a cannabis cigarette that led her to have moderate to high levels of the class B drug in her system.

Tests of her vital organs found nothing wrong with them although it was suggested she might have suffered a cardiac arrest triggered by cannabis toxicity.

Miss Moss' death was registered as cannabis toxicity and a coroner has recorded a verdict of death by cannabis abuse.

An inquest heard Miss Moss smoked half a joint a night to help get her to sleep.

Her friend, Zara Hill, said she and Miss Moss smoked cannabis worth about £20 together in the week before her death.

Miss Hill told police that Miss Moss smoked as much as £60 of the drug a week, although this was disputed by her family.

She also Miss Moss was stressed about her benefit money being stopped and because her son had been excluded from school.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2548669/Devout-Christian-mother-three-31-woman-Britain-DIE-cannabis-poisoning-smoking-joint-bed.html#ixzz2rtaOtpVp

So was she taking these drugs in front of her kids?............Coz it's cool to do drugs innit?

Back to top Go down

A Warning To Those Who Live On Benefits & Drugs Empty Re: A Warning To Those Who Live On Benefits & Drugs

Post by Guest Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:42 pm

Shady wrote:

So was she taking these drugs in front of her kids?............Coz it's cool to do drugs innit?

A lot of them do Shady.

Drinking and smoking is a way of life, and their kids are brought up around it.

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:49 pm

Nigella - take note.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:57 pm

Beekeeper wrote:Cool 

I AWAIT the pro-Cannabis trio to come on here next and tell us all that  "No-one has ever died from smoking cannabis ~ 'cause the intranet tells us so..  SO THERE !!!"

:<:i}:    ::happ::   ::=|Q:: 

Consuming weed alone hasn't killed anyone Bee, ffs.

There is no record whatsoever, only this article where the M.E/doctor said in his opinion that it killed her, that's a first then!!

One can ingest or smoke huge amounts of pot but not die, more daily mail bollocks.

That lassie obviously had something wrong with her , not all things are detectable or traceable wether alive or dead.

Most likely she had a silent heart defect, one solitary claim to this backs up nothing ffs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:56 pm

Anything that messes with your respiration can kill you if you have a heart defect -- we've had a number of people in my area who were in their 20s and 30s die of a particularly bad flu strain lately.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarkson Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:01 pm

I notice JD you don't care she was smoking it in front of her kids.

Clarkson
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:18 pm

Shady wrote:

The post mortem could find no natural cause for her death. so lets just invent a cause
£60 a week that's about a half quarter ounce +/-
feck i smoke twice that have done for 30 years
This story is bullshit

She was a healthy 31-year-old woman who had nothing wrong with her. yet had been prescribed "persciption drugs "

Comments after

I would say that there are probably more deaths caused by eating pork chops. . Death by cannabis toxicity is completely ridiculous.

.This case serves as a warning that cannabis can cause immense harm...." With all due respect that's a pretty lame thing to say, the first person from MILLIONS of users over the years to come to harm. You'd have a better chance of picking the winning Euromillions numbers than being killed by cannabis.

doctors only suggested that was the case.

Last edited by Korben Dallas on Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:23 pm

Christ. there have been times I couldnt afford £60 a week on food

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:24 pm

Clarkson wrote:I notice JD you don't care she was smoking it in front of her kids.
i don`t

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:26 pm

NemsAgain wrote:Christ. there have been times I couldnt afford £60 a week on food
grow you own  :D 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:28 pm

Clarkson wrote:I notice JD you don't care she was smoking it in front of her kids.

...where did it say she smoked it in front of her kids Drinky?

Like me she did not smoke pot in front of her kids,

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:32 pm

Korben Dallas wrote:
NemsAgain wrote:Christ. there have been times I couldnt afford £60 a week on food

I cant smoke it Im scared I'd end up back on the ciggies!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:35 pm

Joy Division wrote:

well with a name like Dirinky i suspect he drinks in front of his kids

Alcohol abuse is far more damaging

Alcohol is 45% more affordable than it was in 1980
   Alcohol misuse costs England approximately £21bn per year in healthcare, crime and lost productivity costs
   Average alcohol consumption has gradually fallen in many OECD countries between 1980 and 2009 with an average overall decrease of 9%. The United Kingdom however, has seen an increase of over 9% in these three decades

It is estimated that 2.6 million children in the UK are living with parents who are drinking hazardously and 705,000 living with dependent drinkers

Alcohol and health

Alcohol is a causal factor in more than 60 medical conditions, including: mouth, throat, stomach, liver and breast cancers; high blood pressure, cirrhosis of the liver; and depression
   In 2010 alcohol use was the third leading risk factor contributing to the global burden of disease after high blood pressure and tobacco smoking
   In 2011 there were 8748 deaths directly related to alcohol in UK
   The alcohol-related mortality rate of men in the most disadvantaged socio-economic class is 3.5 times higher than for men in the least disadvantaged class, while for women the figure is 5.7 times
   There were 1.2 million alcohol-related hospital admissions in England in the year 2011/12, a 135% increase since 2002/03
   Between 2002 and 2009, 92,220 children and young people aged under-18 were admitted to hospital in England for alcohol-related conditions, on average over 36 children or young people per day
   Hospital admissions for people under 30 with alcohol-related liver disease has increased in England by 117%. In the North East of England the increase is 400%
   In England in 2011/12 there were 49,456 hospital admissions for alcohol-related liver disease
   Liver disease is the only major cause of mortality and morbidity which is on the increase in England whilst decreasing in other European countries
   Deaths from liver disease in England have reached record levels, rising by 20% in a decade, with alcoholic liver disease accounting for over a third (37%) of all liver disease deaths
   The number of older people between the ages of 60 and 74 admitted to hospitals in England with mental and behavioural disorders associated with alcohol use has risen by over 50% more than in the 15-59 age group over the past 10 years (a 94% increase in the 15-59 age group from 27,477 to 53,258 and a 150% increase in the 60-74 age group from 3,247 to 8,120

If she had died of that no one would have batted an eye

Last edited by Korben Dallas on Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:36 pm

NemsAgain wrote:
Korben Dallas wrote:

Tea ,cookies many ways to take it without the tobacco ......

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:41 pm

Korben Dallas wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

Alcohol misuse costs England approximately £21bn per year in healthcare, crime and lost productivity costs
   Average alcohol consumption has gradually fallen in many OECD countries between 1980 and 2009 with an average overall decrease of 9%. The United Kingdom however, has seen an increase of over 9% in these three decades

It is estimated that 2.6 million children in the UK are living with parents who are drinking hazardously and 705,000 living with dependent drinkers

Alcohol and health

Alcohol is a causal factor in more than 60 medical conditions, including: mouth, throat, stomach, liver and breast cancers; high blood pressure, cirrhosis of the liver; and depression
   In 2010 alcohol use was the third leading risk factor contributing to the global burden of disease after high blood pressure and tobacco smoking
   The alcohol-related mortality rate of men in the most disadvantaged socio-economic class is 3.5 times higher than for men in the least disadvantaged class, while for women the figure is 5.7 times
   There were 1.2 million alcohol-related hospital admissions in England in the year 2011/12, a 135% increase since 2002/03
   Between 2002 and 2009, 92,220 children and young people aged under-18 were admitted to hospital in England for alcohol-related conditions, on average over 36 children or young people per day
   Hospital admissions for people under 30 with alcohol-related liver disease has increased in England by 117%. In the North East of England the increase is 400%
   In England in 2011/12 there were 49,456 hospital admissions for alcohol-related liver disease
   Liver disease is the only major cause of mortality and morbidity which is on the increase in England whilst decreasing in other European countries
   Deaths from liver disease in England have reached record levels, rising by 20% in a decade, with alcoholic liver disease accounting for over a third (37%) of all liver disease deaths
   The number of older people between the ages of 60 and 74 admitted to hospitals in England with mental and behavioural disorders associated with alcohol use has risen by over 50% more than in the 15-59 age group over the past 10 years (a 94% increase in the 15-59 age group from 27,477 to 53,258 and a 150% increase in the 60-74 age group from 3,247 to 8,120

Totally agree, alcohol is much worse, and millions of adults get drunk in front of their children, and nobody thinks anything of it. Cannabis now has proven medical properties. Load of fuss about nothing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:41 pm

Korben Dallas wrote:
NemsAgain wrote:

Tea ,cookies many ways to take it without the tobacco ......

I used to love a cookie. :D 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:50 pm

Sassy wrote:
Korben Dallas wrote:

Alcohol and health

Totally agree, alcohol is much worse, and millions of adults get drunk in front of their children, and nobody thinks anything of it.   Cannabis now has proven medical properties.   Load of fuss about nothing.
I have two "children " 23 and 25 nether smoke cannabis or tobacco nether drink alcohol they never have and are well aware there dad smokes
i dont drink or take any other drugs
i have never been in trouble with the police i held down a many a job without any problems

Complete and utter daily mail bullshit

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:55 pm

Korben Dallas wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

Alcohol and health

....thanks for those 'socially acceptable' alcohol stats mate, I e always known alcohol is a severe depressant and highly addictive drug, not to mention how violent many are when drinking alcohol and the destructive nature it has on our NHS resources...

I agree with you and sassy. Much a do about nothing and as you said , cannabis has many health benefits. :D 

Cheap point scoring is all that's going on, and if Drinky and his chums on here all claim to have never smoked it in their entire lives then I just don't believe it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:56 pm

Well, you know the DM, go as low as you can for a story to titilate the tories, keep them foaming at the mouth.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:59 pm

Sassy wrote:Well, you know the DM, go as low as you can for a story to titilate the tories, keep them foaming at the mouth.

Indeed Sassy, that's what the daily DM ! Narrow minded Tories do isn't it?...those tits get titilated  Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:02 pm

Joy Division wrote:
Korben Dallas wrote:

Alcohol and health

....thanks for those 'socially acceptable' alcohol stats mate, I e always known alcohol is a severe depressant and highly addictive drug, not to mention how violent many are when drinking alcohol and the destructive nature it has on our NHS resources...

I agree with you and sassy. Much a do about nothing and as you said , cannabis has many health benefits. :D 

Cheap point scoring is all that's going on, and if Drinky and his chums on here all claim to have never smoked it in their entire lives then I just don't believe it.
I actually do because if they had they would recognize a bullshit story like this for what it is
bullshit

I'd like to know how they determine cannabis use as causing death, since it is just about humanly impossible to overdose on it (except perhaps by intravenous drip with pure THC) - or are these for deaths where cannabis has been found in the bloodstream, and therefore not necessarily a cause of death at all unless you count my neighbor who dropped her lighter off the balcony and reached a little too far for it? Who makes up this crap?...oh the daily mail

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:14 pm

If you look up the 2011 Alcohol Statistics for England published by the NHS youw ill see that they state in 2005 14,500 people died from alcohol related deaths. Not only that but this year in 2011 the total cost to the NHS caused by Alcohol was £2.7 billion -

cost caused by cannabis to the NHS.......so minimal it has not been published.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:16 pm

Listened to a talk by a liver specialist on alcohol once, bloody scarey!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:21 pm

Sassy wrote:Listened to a talk by a liver specialist on alcohol once, bloody scary!
And why I don't drink sassy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:47 pm

Korben Dallas wrote:
Sassy wrote:Listened to a talk by a liver specialist on alcohol once, bloody scary!
And why I don't drink sassy

Don't blame you. I have the odd celebration, bought some drink for Christmas, and apart from one bottle of fizzy wine that we had on Christmas Day it's still sitting there. We forgot about it lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:26 pm

As suspected, the liberal do-gooders have turned this around and off the subject of a mother on benefits spending those benefits on drugs.

Not only that but they have painted those drugs as wonderful, harmless things.

Crikey, I now feel guilty for not feeding them to my kids after reading their descriptions...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:04 am

considering the range and quantities of"exotic substances" your loved politicians indulge in, perhaps you should avoid this one.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:06 am

Yep, Gorgy Porgy loved his coke lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down