NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Muddy' men's jeans on sale for £330 at Nordstrom in US

+2
nicko
eddie
6 posters

Go down

'Muddy' men's jeans on sale for £330 at Nordstrom in US Empty 'Muddy' men's jeans on sale for £330 at Nordstrom in US

Post by eddie Sun May 14, 2017 3:59 pm

'Muddy' men's jeans on sale for £330 at Nordstrom in US Img_6725

US clothing chain Nordstrom has launched a line of 'dirty' jeans which come with a 'crackled, caked-on muddy coating'.

The new product is apparently aimed at those with plenty of cash, as the retailer pockets a cool $425 (£330) for each pair.

The firm's website describes the jeans as typifying 'rugged, Americana workwear' and 'hard-working action... that shows you're not afraid to get down and dirty'.

Some reviewers, however, have not given them a clean bill of health, including the host of TV show Dirty Jobs, Mike Rowe.

"Finally - a pair of jeans that look like they have been worn by someone with a dirty job… made for people who don't. And you can have your very own pair for just $425," Rowe wrote in a Facebook post that was shared thousands of times.

"The Barracuda Straight Leg Jeans aren't pants. They're not even fashion. They're a costume for wealthy people who see work as ironic - not iconic."

Another review wrote: "This is a joke, right? Do you also sell jeans covered in cow manure? Oh, that must be the deluxe model."

But not everyone was so dismissive.

"What's the beef about buying mud jeans?" one commentator said on Twitter. "If someone can afford $400 for a pair of dirty jeans, so what? Go for it!"

The chain is no stranger to pushing fashion boundaries, launching jeans with 'knee windows' last month - but for a far cheaper $95 (£74).

If you fancy giving the idea a leg-up by investing in a pair, beware of the strict cleaning instructions - machine wash cold, line dry only.

http://news.sky.com/story/muddy-mens-jeans-on-sale-for-163330-at-nordstrom-in-us-10851954

Just.....why? scratch
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

'Muddy' men's jeans on sale for £330 at Nordstrom in US Empty Re: 'Muddy' men's jeans on sale for £330 at Nordstrom in US

Post by Guest Sun May 14, 2017 4:01 pm

The only question here Eddie, Is why the fuck did I throw out my denim years ago.

Laughing Laughing

Back to top Go down

'Muddy' men's jeans on sale for £330 at Nordstrom in US Empty Re: 'Muddy' men's jeans on sale for £330 at Nordstrom in US

Post by eddie Sun May 14, 2017 4:05 pm

You should just get some old denim and roll around in the mud, pop it on eBay and charge £300. Some mug will buy them. 'Muddy' men's jeans on sale for £330 at Nordstrom in US 2190311264
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 14, 2017 4:10 pm

eddie wrote:You should just get some old denim and roll around in the mud, pop it on eBay and charge £300. Some mug will buy them. 'Muddy' men's jeans on sale for £330 at Nordstrom in US 2190311264

Sold!!!

You had me at mugging people off for their stupidity.   Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun May 14, 2017 4:12 pm

I may not wash any of my clothes and let them get filthy, then I'll always be in fashion, not just with denim. Cool
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sun May 14, 2017 4:48 pm

Only in America, do they do them in 56" waist?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Mon May 15, 2017 1:13 pm

Razz

"A fool and his money are easily parted..."

Made in America, where people still delude themseves that they live in "the home of innovation"..

The country that invented "Spray on mud" in an aerosol can --  so that 4WD and SUV owners can pretend that they go offroad.
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Mon May 15, 2017 3:06 pm

They look hideous. If you really wanted that look just roll around the garden in the mud, save yourself over 300 quid Laughing

It's like those leggings with cuts on the knees, do them yourselves if you must own a pair.

Although tbh I remember buying jeans and putting them in bleach to get the tie dye affect : Wink
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon May 15, 2017 4:20 pm

magica wrote:They look hideous. If you really wanted that look just roll around the garden in the mud, save yourself over 300 quid Laughing

It's like those leggings with cuts on the knees, do them yourselves if you must own a pair.

Although tbh I remember buying jeans and putting them in bleach to get the tie dye affect : Wink

It is absolutely gross that people want to pour mud on themselves.  Might as well train the dog to shit on you...then feed Fido immense quantities of pudding.

At least do it yourself.  I mean, how lazy can people be?  When I was a kid we were inventive with our jeans.  If you wanna fake it, everyone knows that original Levis used to shrink, bigly...so we would buy a bigger size, put them on, fill the tub with hot water and sit in it...presto, they would shrink to fit ourselves perfectly.  When faded jeans came into vogue, we simply added a little bleach to the water.  But you don't pay for this nonsense...you do it yourself.

WTF...paying for a mud bath has got to be the epitome of laziness.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon May 15, 2017 4:27 pm

Hahahahaha I loved that post Quill! You sounded like me, mumbling round the house to myself about "all these idiots".

For the first time ever, you felt like my kindred spirit. Cool
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon May 15, 2017 4:40 pm

eddie wrote:Hahahahaha I loved that post Quill! You sounded like me, mumbling round the house to myself about "all these idiots".

For the first time ever, you felt like my kindred spirit. Cool

Lol...wearing wet jeans, getting them to shrink to fit. Twisted Evil

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Mon May 15, 2017 10:49 pm

I did that too Quill, what nutters we were Laughing
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Wed May 17, 2017 6:56 pm

eddie wrote:'Muddy' men's jeans on sale for £330 at Nordstrom in US Img_6725

US clothing chain Nordstrom has launched a line of 'dirty' jeans which come with a 'crackled, caked-on muddy coating'.

The new product is apparently aimed at those with plenty of cash, as the retailer pockets a cool $425 (£330) for each pair.

The firm's website describes the jeans as typifying 'rugged, Americana workwear' and 'hard-working action... that shows you're not afraid to get down and dirty'.

Some reviewers, however, have not given them a clean bill of health, including the host of TV show Dirty Jobs, Mike Rowe.

"Finally - a pair of jeans that look like they have been worn by someone with a dirty job… made for people who don't. And you can have your very own pair for just $425," Rowe wrote in a Facebook post that was shared thousands of times.

"The Barracuda Straight Leg Jeans aren't pants. They're not even fashion. They're a costume for wealthy people who see work as ironic - not iconic."

Another review wrote: "This is a joke, right? Do you also sell jeans covered in cow manure? Oh, that must be the deluxe model."

But not everyone was so dismissive.

"What's the beef about buying mud jeans?" one commentator said on Twitter. "If someone can afford $400 for a pair of dirty jeans, so what? Go for it!"

The chain is no stranger to pushing fashion boundaries, launching jeans with 'knee windows' last month - but for a far cheaper $95 (£74).

If you fancy giving the idea a leg-up by investing in a pair, beware of the strict cleaning instructions - machine wash cold, line dry only.

http://news.sky.com/story/muddy-mens-jeans-on-sale-for-163330-at-nordstrom-in-us-10851954

Just.....why? scratch

Jeans get distressed, bleached, ripped to pieces ...... and now you've got the mud effect.
What next? Artificial dandruff to dab on your shoulders? Artificial stick-on beards for the guys with bits of food trapped in it?
Can't wait to see what new ideas the fashionista's have in store for us. jocolor

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed May 17, 2017 7:27 pm

Well they sell glitter for hairy armpits and also some pouches to make you pouty in your privates so..... 'Muddy' men's jeans on sale for £330 at Nordstrom in US 2190311264
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed May 17, 2017 8:07 pm

eddie wrote:Well they sell glitter for hairy armpits and also some pouches to make you pouty in your privates so..... 'Muddy' men's jeans on sale for £330 at Nordstrom in US 2190311264

Shocked OMG...what does "pouty in your privates" mean?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed May 17, 2017 8:41 pm

Original Quill wrote:
eddie wrote:Well they sell glitter for hairy armpits and also some pouches to make you pouty in your privates so..... 'Muddy' men's jeans on sale for £330 at Nordstrom in US 2190311264

Shocked   OMG...what does "pouty in your privates" mean?

Couldn't immediately find the pouty ones on google - though I've seen them - but I found this:

http://elitedaily.com/women/camel-toe-underwear/1849378/

Hope you've eaten. affraid
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down