NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

USA vs Australia Mens BBball 98-88 USA - USA - USA

NewsFix :: Sport :: Sport

Go down

USA vs Australia Mens BBball 98-88 USA - USA - USA  Empty USA vs Australia Mens BBball 98-88 USA - USA - USA

Post by Guest Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:42 am

U.S. men's basketball team holds off pesky Australia 98-88     
USA vs Australia Mens BBball 98-88 USA - USA - USA  450x253

Andrew Bogut, Kyrie Irving
Charlie Neibergall / AP
United States' Kyrie Irving, left, shoots over Australia's Andrew Boguton Wednesday, Aug. 10, 2016. 
Chris Hine C[email=chine@chicagotribune.com?subject=Regarding:]ontact Reporter[/email] Olympic bureau
The U.S. men’s basketball team faced its first significant test of the Rio Olympics on Wednesday, but came away with a 98-88 victory over Australia.
The Americans trailed by five at halftime and were behind early in the fourth quarter when Carmelo Anthony, who is playing in his fourth Olympic games, put a U.S. roster of NBA All-Stars on his shoulders. Anthony finished with 31 points, including nine 3-pointers. At one point in the fourth quarter, Anthony scored 10 consecutive points.

The Australian team and its “Boomer” lineup, led by NBA players Andrew Bogut, Patty Mills and Matthew Dellavedova, gave the U.S. fits with its motion offense and a 68 percent shooting performance in the first half. But the U.S. clamped down enough defensively in the second half to get by.
Mills had 30 points to lead Australia. Anthony helped lift an otherwise  lackluster offensive night for the U.S., which shot 39 percent.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/international/ct-rio-olympics-usa-australia-basketball-spt-20160810-story.html
Guess perhaps I need to post some **spoiler alerts** up; don't know if you both are watching these events 'live streaming' or later after we have; sure don't want to post something up that you've waited to watch later and I've ruined it for you!  UGH

USA vs Australia Mens BBball 98-88 USA - USA - USA  American-flag98 points VS  USA vs Australia Mens BBball 98-88 USA - USA - USA  Australian-flag   88 points

Back to top Go down

USA vs Australia Mens BBball 98-88 USA - USA - USA  Empty Re: USA vs Australia Mens BBball 98-88 USA - USA - USA

Post by 'Wolfie Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:05 am

Basketball

THE USA must always be the favourites when entering the Olympics  ???

CONSIDERING that the USA "Dream Teams'" combined professional salaries&endorsements in the NBL is more than all the other teams' combined, it would be more of a surprise and upset whenever they lose a match, rather than winning yet another..  

HOW MANY other countries have beaten the USA at any stage in the past at the Olympics ?   Spain, Croatia, Russia, Australia..
The USA always has to be the favourite for the gold...         Smile
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

USA vs Australia Mens BBball 98-88 USA - USA - USA  Empty Re: USA vs Australia Mens BBball 98-88 USA - USA - USA

Post by Guest Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:20 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:Basketball

THE USA must always be the favourites when entering the Olympics  ???

CONSIDERING that the USA "Dream Teams'" combined professional salaries&endorsements in the NBL is more than all the other teams' combined, it would be more of a surprise and upset whenever they lose a match, rather than winning yet another..  

HOW MANY other countries have beaten the USA at any stage in the past at the Olympics ?   Spain, Croatia, Russia, Australia..
The USA always has to be the favourite for the gold...         Smile
Reminds me of the good ole sand-lot baseball games; just let the kids play ball - whether it be baseball or basketball - hand them the ball and they'll devise the game. 
My fondest memories are hearing the chain nets ring that special sound when we'd be playing on the out door courts in my middle school.  After school - weekends - summer - summer nights; that concrete pad saw so much action from our local groups. 
Well, that's what I'd like to see the Olympic games go back to: the basic's - no fancy courts - just a hard pack soil base area and let those guy's play basket ball.  That's what all of them grew up playing - strip away the fluff and just go back to the basics - WOW, I love to watch that being played.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down