NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ken Barlow Cleared Of One Of Seven Charges

3 posters

Go down

Ken Barlow Cleared Of One Of Seven Charges Empty Ken Barlow Cleared Of One Of Seven Charges

Post by Guest Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:55 pm

27th January 2014

Can't believe this was taken to court!

Coronation Street star Bill Roache was today cleared of one of the counts of indecent assault he was facing in his sex abuse trial.

The judge at Preston Crown Court told jurors they should find the actor not guilty on one of the seven charges after the prosecution declined to offer further evidence.

The allegation was one of two made by a woman who said she was aged 14 when Roache, who plays Ken Barlow in the ITV soap, twice made her perform a sex act on him.

Giving evidence, the complainant said the actor first struck in the gents' toilets at Granada Studios in Manchester in the summer of 1965.

Jurors were then shown a letter and signed photograph that Roache, 81, had sent to her after that alleged incident in which he asked to her write back to him when she returned to school.

The woman claimed later that same year she was picked up by the actor from the studios in his Rolls-Royce and they had a conversation of a sexual nature.

She said she thought that she had also been indecently assaulted in his car but she had 'no actual memory' of the episode.

Mr Justice Holroyde said: 'In relation to that episode the witness was not giving evidence that it did happen, she was giving evidence that she was thinking it did happen and that is not a sufficient evidential basis for the conviction of an offence.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2546801/Bill-Roache-cleared-one-count-historic-sex-allegations.html#ixzz2rcQLxtcu
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Back to top Go down

Ken Barlow Cleared Of One Of Seven Charges Empty Re: Ken Barlow Cleared Of One Of Seven Charges

Post by ALLAKAKA Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:02 pm

Cock Roache will have to live with the truth.

ALLAKAKA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Ken Barlow Cleared Of One Of Seven Charges Empty Re: Ken Barlow Cleared Of One Of Seven Charges

Post by Clarkson Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:07 pm

I am two minds Saville has resulted in a lot of prosecutions many will be resulting from people on the band wagon looking for compensation.

Wouldn't like to be on that jury.

The guy who called him Cockroaches wasn't he a kiddy fiddler?

Clarkson
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by ALLAKAKA Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:22 pm

Clarkson wrote:I am two minds Saville has resulted in a lot of prosecutions many will be resulting from people on the band wagon looking for compensation.

Wouldn't like to be on that jury.

The guy who called him Cockroaches wasn't he a kiddy fiddler?

I think it was the Guy who played Len Fairclough but I wasn't aware of any accusations against him , But Roache has had the Nickname of Cockroach in Manchester for many years.

ALLAKAKA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarkson Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:54 pm

Len Fairclough I am sure got done for touching up kids in the Baths. Can't think of his real name.

I generally don't follow such things but I remember being surprised at the time.

Didn't know Roache was called a cockroach though. I take it you think he is probably bang to rights.

The one that has surprised me is Rolf Harris now that is a shock.

How he sand Two little boys with a straight face I'll never know.

That said I repeat there will be a lot of bandwagon stuff and the odd nutter who thinks a soap star is real and has propositioned them.

Hence my relief at not being a juror.

Clarkson
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:57 pm

You're right about Fairclough, everyone called him Matey.

Back to top Go down

Post by ALLAKAKA Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:59 pm

Clarkson wrote:Len Fairclough I am sure got done for touching up kids in the Baths. Can't think of his real name.

I generally don't follow such things but I remember being surprised at the time.

Didn't know Roache was called a cockroach though. I take it you think he is probably bang to rights.

That said I repeat there will be a lot of bandwagon stuff and the odd nutter who thinks a soap star is real and has propositioned them.

To use you position in taking advantage of young people shows your deficit of morals

ALLAKAKA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:03 pm

Clarkson wrote:Len Fairclough I am sure got done for touching up kids in the Baths. Can't think of his real name.

I agree about Rolf, I keep hoping it's not true  Sad 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:14 pm

Peter Adamson was found not guilty of indecently assaulting a child in a swimming pool

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarkson Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:25 pm

NemsAgain wrote:Peter Adamson was found not guilty of indecently assaulting a child in a swimming pool

Cheers for that Nems. I didn't know his name to even check.

Clarkson
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:27 pm

Clarkson wrote:
NemsAgain wrote:Peter Adamson was found not guilty of indecently assaulting a child in a swimming pool

Cheers for that Nems. I didn't know his name to even check.

I dont know why but Im sure even though found not guilty - he later admitted it
Anyway he died alone

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:43 pm

Hey Drinky. Bit premature that isn't it considering he hasn't been found guilty of anything yet.

Just as an aside. 'Two little boys' was one of Maggies favourites and there's a short clip pf here

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7725624.stm

Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:05 am

Forgetting everything you lot have gone on about above - why the hell would the CPS look at the evidence, which was "i thought he abused me in a car, but I have no recollection of such an event" and decide to prosecute him for that particular crime?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down