NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here’s What Kids Really Think About American Girl’s Boy Doll

Go down

Here’s What Kids Really Think About American Girl’s Boy Doll Empty Here’s What Kids Really Think About American Girl’s Boy Doll

Post by Guest Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:13 pm

In February, American Girl announced it would release its first boy doll, Logan Everett, in a matter of days. It’s been a couple weeks since Logan has been available (though he is currently on backorder until the end of March). Here’s what kids really think about him.

In one of its “Kids React” videos posted on Tuesday, Fine Brothers Entertainment asked a handful of kids their thoughts on American Girl’s first boy doll and had one for the kids to check out. Some of the kids were immediately confused by the idea, some were surprised and some were totally into it. 
“Are we making history today?” 13-year-old Morgan asked. 

After some of the kids mentioned “boys don’t like dolls,” the hosts asked them why they thought a gender divide existed in the toy industry, and many of them didn’t have an answer.

“I don’t really know why,” 8-year-old Max said. “Just brands are like that. It’s weird.”
Luckily, moves like this from American Girl are helping squash this gender divide. Kids like 8-year-old Lucas are helping, too.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/heres-what-kids-really-think-about-american-girls-boy-doll_us_58b86ea5e4b0a8ded67b5798?section=us_good-news

While I think this is good for breaking down barriers, but will never beat the original male doll..  Laughing

Here’s What Kids Really Think About American Girl’s Boy Doll Commando

Back to top Go down

Here’s What Kids Really Think About American Girl’s Boy Doll Empty Re: Here’s What Kids Really Think About American Girl’s Boy Doll

Post by 'Wolfie Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:10 am

Cool

WHEN I was a toddler, amongst my toys I had a Teddy Bear, a rubbery-plastic Mickey Mouse, and a 'Prince Valiant' action figure (about the same size as 'G.I. Joe' - which hadn't yet appeared on the local market..).

Although well-worn and missing parts, these three were still living up onma shelf in my parents garage well into my teens..

Maybe that American Girl company just wants a slice of what other toy companies have already had for decades  ?
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down