NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ian Huntley's daughter discovered her father's identity 'after being told to research the murderer for a school project'

+2
Major
eddie
6 posters

Go down

Ian Huntley's daughter discovered her father's identity 'after being told to research the murderer for a school project' Empty Ian Huntley's daughter discovered her father's identity 'after being told to research the murderer for a school project'

Post by eddie Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:19 pm

This was in the news in July this year but I think it was largely ignored, (perhaps something else happened that day?), anyway, I read it and felt so sorry for this girl finding out this way. Why the hell didn't her mother tell her before she inevitably found out via other sources????

Ian Huntley's daughter discovered her father's identity 'after being told to research the murderer for a school project'

The daughter of the Soham killer, Ian Huntley, has disclosed she only found out the true identity of her father after being given a school project on the murderer.

Aged 14, Samantha Bryan was in a citizenship class when she discovered her natural father was Huntley, who was jailed for life for murdering the 10-year-olds Holly Wells and Jessica Chapman in 2002.

Instructed to research "notorious crimes" connected to the Grimsby area, Miss Bryan, of Cleethorpes, Lincs, was given a list of names and found a photograph of herself and her mother on Google in relation to the murder, the Mail on Sunday reports.

“It was like being thumped in the chest,” Miss Bryan told the newspaper. “I began to shake, I couldn't stop the tears.”

Miss Bryan was four years old at the time of the murder but never met her biological father. According to the Mail on Sunday, her mother, Katie Bryan, met Mr Huntley aged 15 and left him during pregnancy, following abusive physical attacks and rape. She then married Martin Bryan, whom Miss Bryan calls "Dad".

Now 18, Miss Bryan was previously protected by anonymity granted by courts, but gave the interview to prove "she is as different from Huntley as it is possible to be".

“I try not to even say his name, as to do that is to acknowledge his existence,” she said. “I hate him. He's never been my dad, he's nothing more than a sperm donor. To know he is genetically connected to me sickens me.

“I'm speaking out, as I refuse to be ashamed for existing, otherwise I'd become just another of his victims. To acknowledge him as anything else would be to give him a power I will never let him hold over me.

“I didn't cause the pain, suffering and anguish he has caused to so many people, although I think of his victims and their families. I feel so terribly sorry for Holly and Jessica's parents for what he's done. Especially with young sisters myself. Ever since I found out about the girls I've thought about what they must have felt.”

The teenager described the moment she found out and how she kept the revelation to herself for two weeks.

“When I got to the name Ian Huntley [on the list] it meant absolutely nothing to me, nothing at all,” she said.

“I entered his name into Google and started scrolling through pictures of him. There were headlines calling him a 'cold-hearted' child killer", that sort of thing."

She said one picture of a woman and a girl "jumped out at me". Although Huntley did not appear and the faces were pixelated, "I knew instantly one was my mum. And the little girl standing beside her was me at about 10.”

“The shock was painful,” she added. “A thousand questions ran round in my brain. I didn't want to be associated with a killer. Was there anything of this monster in me? This Ian Huntley who had killed two little girls.”

The trainee paramedic told the newspaper she had previously felt the killer was a “dark spectre hanging over [her] life”, but has since drawn a line under the association.

“He is pure evil,” she said. “What he is like hasn't been passed on to me. I refuse to let something like him take over my mind or my life. I will make a positive difference with my life, I want to help others... the exact opposite of everything he stands for and ever will.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07/10/ian-huntleys-daughter-discovered-her-fathers-identity-after-bein/

And a link to his crime for those not in the know: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soham_murders
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Ian Huntley's daughter discovered her father's identity 'after being told to research the murderer for a school project' Empty Re: Ian Huntley's daughter discovered her father's identity 'after being told to research the murderer for a school project'

Post by Syl Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:10 pm

The poor girl, it must have shook her to the core.
What a shame that her mother was ever mentioned publicly in regard to Huntley.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Ian Huntley's daughter discovered her father's identity 'after being told to research the murderer for a school project' Empty Re: Ian Huntley's daughter discovered her father's identity 'after being told to research the murderer for a school project'

Post by eddie Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:29 pm

But what an awful way to find out you're the daughter of a child-murdering monster?
There's no way she should've found out like that. Her mum should've told her.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:39 pm

It's a horrible way to find out that's for sure.

I feel for her mother also. She was 15 when she became pregnant, she left Huntley who was abusive before the baby was born and had no contact with him since. The girl has grown up calling another man dad.
Maybe the time never seemed right, so I can sympathise with the mother too.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:42 pm

I don't think I'd be talking to the press about it really.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:53 pm

Syl wrote:It's a horrible way to find out that's for sure.

I feel for her mother also. She was 15 when she became pregnant, she left Huntley who was abusive  before the baby was born and had no contact with him since. The girl has grown up calling another man dad.

Got to disagree. If the man was a nobody then perhaps. But he's infamous - the mother must've known the truth would come out.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:59 pm

eddie wrote:

I feel for her mother also. She was 15 when she became pregnant, she left Huntley who was abusive  before the baby was born and had no contact with him since. The girl has grown up calling another man dad.

Got to disagree. If the man was a nobody then perhaps. But he's infamous - the mother must've known the truth would come out.

I think the woman was in a horrible position.
In hindsight I bet she wished she had kept the pregnancy from him and put 'father unknown' on the birth certificate.....then there would have been no record that he was the girls biological dad.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:04 pm

But she did.
She made a stupid error by not being honest with her daughter and I bet her daughter has said as much to her.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:09 pm

Perhaps the mum was waiting till she was older to tell her. Fourteen is an awkward age to be dropped a bombshell like this.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:41 pm

Are you sure that's true...?

How old is the mother?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:45 pm

That's what the article said, Tommy
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:53 pm

No... it said they MET when she was 15...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:26 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:No... it said they MET when she was 15...

"According to the Mail on Sunday, her mother, Katie Bryan, met Mr Huntley aged 15 and left him during pregnancy, following abusive physical attacks and rape"

Yes you are right Tommy, I read it wrong.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:02 pm

That was the way it was intended to be read Syl... to give a false impression of the truth...

They met when she was 15 and he was much younger too... don't think she was pregnant at 15 at all... but much later on...

And I believe he was only falsely accused of the rape of another woman, not the mother of his daughter, and he wasn't convicted...

Plus... I was part of a very detailed debate on Soham elsewhere a few years back... the evidence pointed to something else happening to the girls and Huntley not being responsible... in fact... even with his garbled 'confession' not even all the jury found him guilty... It was only a majority guilty verdict as a couple of them said not guilty...

If you look into the details of what happened the day they went missing, there is a much more likely/credible scenario...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:15 pm

Check it out... the girls snuck out of the house after using an Internet chat room for about half an hour... they were seen numerous times heading to the other side of town where there was the last known sighting... that is where they disappeared... the other side of town from Huntly's house... there was a cab driver reported seeing a green car swerving about with two children in it... the driver looked to be reaching back to child in the rear seat... one of the girls had a mobile phone with them... it registered at a phone mast in nearby town around this time as it was switched off... the cab driver said this green car was heading towards this same town...

It is highly likely that Huntley was framed with the planting of two man u football shirts in the school that didn't contain any dna of either of the girls and probably were not even theirs...

There was no dna of either girls found in Huntley house or car either... although it is alleged that the girls were murdered in house and kept in boot of car for some time after...

Something stinks about this case...I'm not convinced Huntley did it at all...!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:46 pm

Very interesting Tommy! I have to say I just took it as read that Huntley did it.

Do you have some links that I can look at?

Also, any chance you can start a thread in criminology on this, with some info that you've collated?  Then it can all be confined to one thread.

I know rags, Syl and Horatio will be interested.

Okay did it

http://www.newsfixboard.com/t18634-ian-huntley-and-the-soham-murders-was-he-framed#356368

Have to go out but if you can add what you know I'll be a happy edds
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:43 pm

I will have a good read of this later.
Like Eddie, I never doubted that Huntley murdered those two girls and I never doubted that his girlfriend knew something about it.

I remember one of the policemen involved in the case was later charged with paedophilia.....probably nothing to do with the Huntley trial though.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:36 pm

Eddie... there was a big debate on Flap about it... thread probably still in archive...

Syl... strange coincidence eh...?

It was one of the family liason officers I think...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:41 pm

But what do you make of this Tommy?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1546975/Huntley-revealed-all-in-taped-confession.html

"Ian Huntley, the Soham murderer, recorded a "confession" before a failed suicide attempt last year, it emerged yesterday.
Huntley claimed that when he told Maxine Carr, his girlfriend, that he planned to confess to killing Holly Wells and Jessica Chapman she slapped his face. She allegedly told him to pull himself together because she did not want to lose her job as a teaching assistant or the house they shared.

Huntley, 33, who has been told that he will die in prison, alleged that Carr ordered him to burn the bodies, which he had dumped in a ditch, to destroy forensic clues.
Carr was jailed for attempting to pervert the course of justice by lying for Huntley, though she was not involved in the killings of the 10-year-old girls in the Cambridgeshire village.

Huntley also offered a convoluted account of how the girls came to die in the house he shared with Carr, 30, in the grounds of the college where he worked as a caretaker. In a version similar to that he gave in his Old Bailey trial, in 2003, he claimed Holly died after falling in the bath. He further claimed that Jessica died after he put a hand around her neck and another on her mouth to keep her quiet and stop her leaving the house.

In what is described as a "self-pitying" tape, Huntley claimed there was no sexual element to the murders. Because of the state of the girls' bodies when they were found, forensic scientists have never been able to disprove this claim.

Prison service sources yesterday confirmed the authenticity of the tape."

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:25 pm

eddie wrote:This was in the news in July this year but I think it was largely ignored, (perhaps something else happened that day?), anyway, I read it and felt so sorry for this girl finding out this way. Why the hell didn't her mother tell her before she inevitably found out via other sources????

The daughter of the Soham killer, Ian Huntley, has disclosed she only found out the true identity of her father after being given a school project on the murderer.

Aged 14, Samantha Bryan  was in a citizenship class when she discovered her natural father was Huntley, who was jailed for life for murdering the 10-year-olds Holly Wells and Jessica Chapman in 2002.

Instructed to research "notorious crimes" connected to the Grimsby area, Miss Bryan, of Cleethorpes, Lincs, was given a list of names and found a photograph of herself and her mother on Google in relation to the murder, the Mail on Sunday reports.

“It was like being thumped in the chest,” Miss Bryan told the newspaper. “I began to shake, I couldn't stop the tears.”

Miss Bryan was four years old at the time of the murder but never met her biological father. According to the Mail on Sunday, her mother, Katie Bryan, met Mr Huntley aged 15 and left him during pregnancy, following abusive physical attacks and rape. She then married Martin Bryan, whom Miss Bryan calls "Dad".

Now 18, Miss Bryan was previously protected by anonymity granted by courts, but gave the interview to prove "she is as different from Huntley as it is possible to be".

“I try not to even say his name, as to do that is to acknowledge his existence,” she said. “I hate him. He's never been my dad, he's nothing more than a sperm donor. To know he is genetically connected to me sickens me.

“I'm speaking out, as I refuse to be ashamed for existing, otherwise I'd become just another of his victims. To acknowledge him as anything else would be to give him a power I will never let him hold over me.

“I didn't cause the pain, suffering and anguish he has caused to so many people, although I think of his victims and their families. I feel so terribly sorry for Holly and Jessica's parents for what he's done. Especially with young sisters myself. Ever since I found out about the girls I've thought about what they must have felt.”

The teenager described the moment she found out and how she kept the revelation to herself for two weeks.

“When I got to the name Ian Huntley [on the list]  it meant absolutely nothing to me, nothing at all,” she said.

“I entered his name into Google and started scrolling through pictures of him. There were headlines calling him a 'cold-hearted' child killer", that sort of thing."

She said one picture of a woman and a girl "jumped out at me". Although Huntley did not appear and the faces were pixelated, "I knew instantly one was my mum. And the little girl standing beside her was me at about 10.”

“The shock was painful,” she added. “A thousand questions ran round in my brain. I didn't want to be associated with a killer. Was there anything of this monster in me? This Ian Huntley who had killed two little girls.”

The trainee paramedic told the newspaper she had previously felt the killer was a “dark spectre hanging over [her] life”, but has since drawn a line under the association.

“He is pure evil,” she said. “What he is like hasn't been passed on to me. I refuse to let something like him take over my mind or my life. I will make a positive difference with my life, I want to help others... the exact opposite of everything he stands for and ever will.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07/10/ian-huntleys-daughter-discovered-her-fathers-identity-after-bein/

And a link to his crime for those not in the know: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soham_murders
Sorry, it doesn't add up. I have a feeling lil miss paramedic found out about her murderous dad earlier than she's letting on.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:49 pm

Syl... think he did a taped 'confession' in exchange for some pills to try suicide again...

He was shipped off to Rampton straight after arrest and it is thought that he was 'worked on' there... although his mental state was already thought you have been quite fragile anyway...

The actual evidence against him was weak and no dna evidence... and without his completely unbelievable 'confession' during the trial, he could well have got not guilty...

As it is I think 2 of the jury still through him not guilty...

You see... the thing is... the girls were at one of their houses which was right near the school and Huntleys house... they snuck out this afternoon, something they had never dobe before and after being on an internet chat room for about half hour... went passed Huntleys on the way to the village/town... and were seen multiple times, each time travelling further away from Huntleys house... so how could they have been in Huntleys house all that time as police say they were?

The times and sightings don't fit at all with the official police/prosecution version!

There were some detailed bbc and other media news links from the time showing timeline of route of girls and sightings...

Check out the green car swerving about as reported by cab/taxi driver... and mobile phone being switched off and registering at phone mast out of area... a mobile normally registers with nearest phone mast...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:51 pm

Jules... I think I read about that before a couple years back..
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:53 pm

Okay guys we have two threads running and discussing the same thing

http://www.newsfixboard.com/t18634-ian-huntley-and-the-soham-murders-was-he-framed#356368
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:58 pm

Eddie... can you Pluck my stuff out over to there and I will start using that thread for any more I have...

Also I can't remember my password for flap or account is no longer active... Maybe you could have a look over there in archive and find the Huntley thread?

Lots of good links and info on it that could be used over here...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:04 pm

Tommy do you know the worst job on here? Pruning threads! I hate splitting topics...don't make me do it, I'll get grumpy.
Can't you just copy your three relevant posts over?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:05 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Jules... I think I read about that before a couple years back..

Ah OK. I've never heard of her before.
Interesting topic, albeit sad.
She's trying to come to terms with issues.
But not making a good job of it.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:31 pm

Major... the things I say are the facts... check it out...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:51 pm

"...In an attempt to demonize Ian Huntley still further, police "leaked" the damning information that he had been arrested for rape a number of years earlier. Well, yes, almost. While still a teenager Huntley had consensual sex with his girlfriend, who was only 15-years-old at the time, an offence in the United Kingdom known as statutory rape. He was never charged with an offence however, and his former girlfriend [at age 21 years ] confirmed it was a mutual crush [love affair], with enthusiastic sexual consent on both sides..."
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down