NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can We Debate Without Bile & Derailment

+11
veya_victaous
nicko
Andy
Ben Reilly
'Wolfie
magica
eddie
Syl
Raggamuffin
HoratioTarr
Major
15 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Can We Debate Without Bile & Derailment - Page 2 Empty Re: Can We Debate Without Bile & Derailment

Post by Guest Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:09 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:It's a bit silly to expect people to love other countries as much as their own. That's like telling someone it's wrong to love the town/village they grew up in.

Most of us just want an end to hate.

Back to top Go down

Can We Debate Without Bile & Derailment - Page 2 Empty Re: Can We Debate Without Bile & Derailment

Post by Syl Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:11 pm

Why should you not love your country?
You may not always agree with the politicians and authorities who make the decisions that effect it, but it's part of your heritage so part of you.
If you don't love yourself you don't have much hope of loving anyone else. I love you
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:12 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:It's a bit silly to expect people to love other countries as much as their own. That's like telling someone it's wrong to love the town/village they grew up in.

Why, are you so limited that you can't love more than one place?   And I know many people who couldn't wait to get away from the village they grew up in.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:12 pm

Ziz wrote:

You should stop hating those who disagree with you then.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:12 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Ziz wrote:

You should stop hating those who disagree with you then.

I hate no-one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:13 pm

Syl wrote:Why should you not love your country?
You may not always agree with the politicians and authorities who make the decisions that effect it, but it's part of your heritage so part of you.
If you don't love yourself you don't have much hope of loving anyone else. I love you

You think you have to love your country to love yourself?   So, if you lived in the middle of a desert and wanted to leave, you wouldn't love yourself?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:13 pm

sassy wrote:

Why, are you so limited that you can't love more than one place?   And I know many people who couldn't wait to get away from the village they grew up in.

It's unreasonable to expect people to love a place they've never been to. You stood for election. Did you give a toss about the actual area and the people in it?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:14 pm

Anyway, hair appnt so got to go.

Back to top Go down

You can love whatever you want. scratch

Back to top Go down

Raggamuffin wrote:
sassy wrote:

It's unreasonable to expect people to love a place they've never been to. You stood for election. Did you give a toss about the actual area and the people in it?

In which case, perhaps we should have free travel so that everyone can go everywhere and love it all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:17 pm

sassy wrote:

You think you have to love your country to love yourself?   So, if you lived in the middle of a desert and wanted to leave, you wouldn't love yourself?

Your country includes your history, your family, your culture, which is all part of you.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:18 pm

Hmmmm. I have to grow to like or love a place. I'm not very patriotic anyway, And I also know that if I found myself living in another town or even country, I could love there as much as I love here.
Places don't make you who you are necessarily and like sassy has said, I simply feel as though I belong to the planet, not the country I was born in because my mum happened to give birth there.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:20 pm

Ziz wrote:

Yes you can....but it helps if you love yourself and what you are to begin with.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:21 pm

Syl wrote:
Ziz wrote:

Yes you can....but it helps if you love yourself and what you are to begin with.

I love others before myself - I find that works better.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:22 pm

Ziz wrote:
Syl wrote:
Ziz wrote:

No
It
Doesn't
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:22 pm

sassy wrote:

Who said you had to stay in the place you came from?
You can go anywhere you choose in the world....love expands.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:24 pm

Ziz wrote:
Syl wrote:

Do you?....your posts often give the other impression.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:27 pm

eddie wrote:

Hmmmm. I have to grow to like or love a place. I'm not very patriotic anyway, And I also know that if I found myself living in another town or even country, I could love there as much as I love here.
Places don't make you who you are necessarily and like sassy has said, I simply feel as though I belong to the planet, not the country I was born in because my mum happened to give birth there.

I disagree. It's nothing to do with being born here, it's to do with growing up here. As I said, is it wrong to love the town or village you grew up in?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:27 pm

Syl wrote:
Ziz wrote:

Yes I do - but I post on my days off. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:29 pm

Ziz wrote:
Syl wrote:

Yes I do - but I post on my days off. Smile

You must have a lot of 'off' days then. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:30 pm

What's wrong with loving your Country? I'm 75 years old and apart from a few things i'v disagreed with it's treated me well.

There are a few on here who are ashamed to be British, the obvious one is Sassy who admitted it.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:32 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
eddie wrote:

I disagree. It's nothing to do with being born here, it's to do with growing up here. As I said, is it wrong to love the town or village you grew up in?

Is it heck.....even if you leave it's still part of your heritage.

If you don't like or accept that about yourself I personally feel you have something sad within yourself.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:48 pm

I love where I live as to whether I love my country...what does that even mean?

I don't have any feelings whatsoever about the Royals, I don't watch any V-Day celebrations, I love the underground with a passion, (no idea why, something about the tunnels I guess), I love each and every season, I support English football but move on very quickly if (when!) they lose and don't actually die about it, I love our museums but I love all museums and pretty much try and visit them in every country I go to if possible, we have beautiful architecture but it's not a patch on Paris, I like our language but I like all languages, our food is mostly crap and so is the service we receive....our transport is pretty okay and the NHS is fantastically brilliant.

What have I left off?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:51 pm

I love...
My wife
My offspring
My dogs
Cumbria
Scotland
Bits of Africa
Melton Mowbray pork pies...

completely unashamedly. I love you

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:54 pm

eddie wrote:I love where I live as to whether I love my country...what does that even mean?

I don't have any feelings whatsoever about the Royals, I don't watch any V-Day celebrations, I love the underground with a passion, (no idea why, something about the tunnels I guess),  I love each and every season, I support English football but move on very quickly if (when!) they lose and don't actually die about it, I love our museums but I love all museums and pretty much try and visit them in every country I go to if possible, we have beautiful architecture but it's not a patch on Paris, I like our language but I like all languages, our food is mostly crap and so is the service we receive....our transport is pretty okay and the NHS is fantastically brilliant.

What have I left off?

The point is that Sassy said that loving your country was down to "backward thinking". It doesn't matter whether you love it or not, it's not for her to call anyone who loves it "backward".
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:17 pm

Ziz wrote:I love...
My wife
My offspring
My dogs
Cumbria
Scotland
Bits of Africa

Oh so you can love Scotland but we cant love England .... go figure Rolling Eyes
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:24 pm

magica wrote:
Ziz wrote:I love...
My wife
My offspring
My dogs
Cumbria
Scotland
Bits of Africa

Oh so you can love Scotland but we cant love England .... go figure  Rolling Eyes

Cumbria is in England and I consider Scotland as the land of my heritage. scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:33 pm

ZiZ, do you know Appleby?, I was born there.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:36 pm

nicko wrote:ZiZ,   do you know Appleby?,  I was born there.

That's where they have the horse fair. I don't know it well but I've been there once or twice. You are fortunate to be born a Cumbrian, by and large I've found them to be fine people.

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:00 pm

Well, my parents left there when I was 6, does that still count?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:17 pm

Major wrote:
sassy wrote:Anyway, hair appnt so got to go.

How much do you get paid for allowing them to do that granny style, is it a disguise???????

I thought you were hiding in ROOM 101.

Don't mention Room 101! Shocked
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:45 pm

nicko wrote:Well, my parents left there when I was 6,   does that still count?

Have you not been back since - many places are still unspoilt?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:48 pm

I know Cumbria a bit - Ulverston to be precise. A lovely place.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:53 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I know Cumbria a bit - Ulverston to be precise. A lovely place.

Yes, Ulverston is pleasant, Stan Laurel's birthplace - we attend concerts at the Coro there. But Cumbria has so much more, and much the tourists know little about

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:33 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:Major, if you have complaints, please address them to admins via PM rather than starting all these threads about them. Muchas gracias.

Well I'm glad you have issued clear istructions, Ben. It means an end to being bombarded with a plethora of threads criticising the mods and members. relieved

It's the extreme irony of this thread that knocks me sideways. The author is telling people NOT to post bile, but then he himself packs it with more bile within one post, than I have ever seen.

Or is it some sort of twisted irony thread that goes over my head completely??? scratch

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:43 pm

In just one post, there was this much bile, posted by the author. > >

benefit scrounguz
run down council estates
hire purchase lappiz
higher breed  
muntuz
minguz
tripehoundz
guttersnipes
breed like rabbits
foul language
HT, try to better yourself

Hello?? What a Face Shocked
Never seen this much bile in my life and that includes the time my poor mum accidentally nicked the gall bladder of a cock she was gutting! (In those days you had to pluck and gut and joint the bird yourself. ) . Poor mum, the bile spilled everywhere and tainted all the meat, the meal was inedible.
lol! lol! lol!

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:51 pm

Ziz wrote:
Yes, Ulverston is pleasant, Stan Laurel's birthplace - we attend concerts at the Coro there. But Cumbria has so much more, and much the tourists know little about

I've worked in Cumbria, in barrow-in-furness.  You could go to the beach straight after work. hi fiesta  My stint there did not seem like work at all, I felt very spoilt indeed, kept thinking "Am I  actually being paid for this lifestyle??". We subsequently returned a few times, on holiday.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:54 pm

Jules wrote:
Ziz wrote:

I've worked in Cumbria, in barrow-in-furness.  You could go to the beach straight after work.  My stint there did not seem like work at all, I felt very spoilt indeed, kept thinking "Am I  actually being paid for this lifestyle??". We subsequently returned a few times, on holiday.

Just in Cumbria, formerly Lancs, but you're forgiven. Smile

Walney Island is the best thing about Barrow - though some of the surrounding countryside (north-eastwards) is gorgeous.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:56 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:Major, if you have complaints, please address them to admins via PM rather than starting all these threads about them. Muchas gracias.

I was under the impression that the mods don't like PMs which are complaining about something.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:00 pm

Jules wrote:In just one post, there was this much bile, posted by the author. > >

benefit scrounguz
run down council estates
hire purchase lappiz
higher breed  
muntuz
minguz
tripehoundz
guttersnipes
breed like rabbits
foul language

Never seen this much bile in my life and that includes the time my poor mum accidentally nicked the gall bladder of a cock she was gutting! (In those days you had to pluck and gut and joint the bird yourself. ) . Poor mum, the bile spilled everywhere and tainted all the meat, the meal was inedible.
lol! lol! lol!

Okay, I can decipher most of them. but what are muntuz & minguz - jazz musicians?  scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:08 pm

"muntuz & minguz?? " no idea ziz, but it doesn't sound very nice.

Ziz wrote:
Jules wrote:

I've worked in Cumbria, in barrow-in-furness.  You could go to the beach straight after work.  My stint there did not seem like work at all, I felt very spoilt indeed, kept thinking "Am I  actually being paid for this lifestyle??". We subsequently returned a few times, on holiday.

Just in Cumbria, formerly Lancs, but you're forgiven.  Smile

Walney Island is the best thing about Barrow - though some of the surrounding countryside (north-eastwards) is gorgeous.

Barrovians definitely have traces of a Lancs accent.
And the locals kept saying "right you are" to me, instead of ''OK''.  Laughing
Not surprised Cumbria ''annexed'' a nice town like Barrow.
Many of my colleagues were scottish, ... bet the scots would have liked to claim the town for themselves too, who could blame them?

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:28 pm

Jules wrote:"muntuz & minguz?? "   no idea ziz, but it doesn't sound very nice.

Ziz wrote:

Just in Cumbria, formerly Lancs, but you're forgiven.  Smile

Barrovians definitely have traces of a Lancs accent.
And the locals kept saying "right you are" to me, instead of ''OK''.  Laughing
Not surprised Cumbria ''annexed'' a nice town like Barrow.
Many of my colleagues were scottish, ... bet the scots would have liked to claim the town for themselves too, who could blame them?

Cumbria spent many years as part of Scotland - perhaps one day we'll get lucky and it will be so again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Spindleshanks Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:58 pm

Ziz wrote:
Jules wrote:In just one post, there was this much bile, posted by the author. > >

benefit scrounguz
run down council estates
hire purchase lappiz
higher breed  
muntuz
minguz
tripehoundz
guttersnipes
breed like rabbits
foul language

lol! lol! lol!

Okay, I can decipher most of them. but what are muntuz & minguz - jazz musicians?  scratch

Munters and mingers.

Unattractive, slovenly, indolent etc

Spindleshanks
Spindleshanks
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:04 pm

Spindleshanks wrote:
Ziz wrote:

Munters and mingers.

Unattractive, slovenly, indolent etc

Shame, they sound better as jazz musicians. Smile

Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:22 pm

Major wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

Go fuck yourself.

This proves my thread, told ya so.

It has worsened since I posted this.

Double go fuck yourself.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:50 am

I doubt if you can do it to yourself but then again you probably have a queue of mohammed friends to help you.

And Major again proves that he is the worst lol.   What a complete idiot, I've trod on worms with more intelligence.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next