NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Has dilbert creator gone to far?

3 posters

Go down

Has dilbert creator gone to far? Empty Has dilbert creator gone to far?

Post by veya_victaous Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:20 am

scott adams wrote:http://blog.dilbert.com/post/152115888936/the-crook-versus-the-monster

Thanks to timely assists from Wikileaks, Trump has successfully framed Hillary clinton as a crooked politician. Meanwhile, Clinton has successfully framed Trump as a dangerous monster. If the mainstream polls are accurate, voters prefer the crook to the monster. That makes sense because a crook might steal your wallet but the monster could kill you. As of today, Clinton has the superior persuasion strategy. Crook beats monster.

Reality isn’t a factor in this election, as per usual. If the truth mattered, voters might care that the Democratic primaries were rigged against Sanders. They might care that the Clinton Foundation looks like a pay-to-play scheme. They might care that the FBI gave Clinton a free pass. They might care that we know Clinton cheated in at least one debate by getting a question in advance. They might care that Clinton’s dirty-tricks people incited the violence at Trump rallies. They might care that Clinton’s “speaking fees” were curiously high. They might care about all of that. But they don’t, because a crook is still a safer choice than a monster.

The biggest illusion this election is that we think the people on the other side can’t see the warts on their own candidate. But I think they do. Clinton supporters know she is crooked, but I think they assume it is a normal degree of crookedness for an American politician. Americans assume that even the “good” politicians are trading favors and breaking every rule that is inconvenient to them. I’ve never heard a Clinton supporter defend Clinton as being pure and honest. Her supporters like her despite her crookedness.

I think he is right, lots more at source
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Has dilbert creator gone to far? Empty Re: Has dilbert creator gone to far?

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:26 pm

It's like that scene in every action movie where the hero has to jump into water to avoid an explosion. You know they're not permanently safe there, but better that than being killed instantly.

What's sad is that the left can't count upon the right to force Clinton to up her game, just as it couldn't count on the right to do anything to make Obama better -- because everything the left doesn't like about Clinton or Obama is more or less palatable to the right.

Thus instead of the right asking Obama why we continued to launch drone strikes and hold prisoners at Guantanamo Bay, we got silly questions and critiques, like, where's his birth certificate, or he eats fancy burgers.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:15 pm

I'm like a bulldog, who never let's go...even when that's the way the wind blows.  Frankly, there's really nothing that Hillary has done wrong.

There's no there there

Now, I know that Republicans lie.  This campaign of lies started in 2008, when it was apparent that Hillary would run after Obama's two terms.  Funny, but there never has been any wrongdoing articulated.  It's like the architect of this building started with the 2nd story, and the rest of the floors are supposed to support themselves.  I'm a pragmatist...it don't work that way for me.  Where's the first floor?  It's like these plans, and there's no first floor.  Where the fook is Hillary's wrongs?  Like I say, there's no there there!

The Allegations

First, Benghazi...WTF?  It's a war.  Shit happens in wars.  Ten or twelve of the same sort of outposts were attacked in other areas during the Bush era.  We shrugged...fook, it's a war.  And remember, Benghazi wasn't a State Department facility, but a CIA base.  Why Hillary?  Why aren't we castigating CIA Director David Petraeus?  Perhaps because he's a Republican?  But most of all, what was it that Hillary was supposed to have done wrong?  Nothing!  Absolutely nothing.  She's been cleared by Congress as well as every agency.  So you see, the first floor of this building is...missing!

Second, it was the email server.  WTF, Secretary Powell had a private server.  It wasn't illegal at the time.  Hillary sent nothing classified over the Internet.  So we look to what she received; and we find things like what kind of kibble the President's dog eats.  We're down to searching the rug on our hands and knees for specs of dust, in order to say she doesn't clean her house.  The first floor is missing in this building too.

Third, so then there's this speech issue.  Pleeeeeze...so she spun her metaphors to suit her audience.  Would someone tell me...did she set off a nuke or something, somewhere?  Did she murder her mother?  This is the land of freedom of expression.  She expressed herself.  BFD!  There's no first floor on this building, as well.

There's No First Floor to These Structures

Okay, why do all of these buildings lack their first floor--ie, any evidence of wrongdoing--and yet the structures still stand.  Republicans keep harping on them because they expect that the general public is stupid.  And a lot of the people are stupid, apparently.  But those who are capable of thinking have an obligation to tell the RW'ers don't be so fookin' elitist...people aren't that dumb.  We can see right through you, idiots!

The Perfect Storm of Extreme Left with RW's

I suspect that Hillary is the locus of the perfect storm.  Republicans hate her because they were humiliated by another liberal, disenfranchised group...blacks; and they are not about to be shown up by another cause...women.  Then along comes a New Left candidate, Bernie Sanders, and his followers are soooo incensed at losing that they hop on the Republican lie-wagon and, wind in their hair, go along for the ride.

But remember, Republicans aren't just bad for their aims, but they are bad for their tactics and what they are saying.  Remember, they started war with these tactics...killed hundreds of thousands and cost us $17-trillion and brought up the spectre of another depression.  Donald Trump is just a bundle of what Republicans have been saying all along...Obama is a Muslim, Obama is a secret agent, there are death panels provided for in the ACA, Mexicans are the core of our losses (even though we are the highest ever economically), veterans are lazy, POW's are losers, blacks live in misery, women are judged by their breasts and pussies...all Trump pronouncements, underlain by Republican beliefs.

Before you hop on the train, look and see where it's taking you.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down