NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Simpsons" co-creator with terminal cancer giving $100 million fortune to charities

3 posters

Go down

"Simpsons" co-creator with terminal cancer giving $100 million fortune to charities Empty "Simpsons" co-creator with terminal cancer giving $100 million fortune to charities

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:23 am

The feels!

"Simpsons" co-creator with terminal cancer giving $100 million fortune to charities Sam-simon

After giving the gift of laughter to millions around the world, "The Simpsons" co-creator Sam Simon says he’s giving his $100 million fortune all away.

The 59-year-old, who was diagnosed with terminal colon cancer two years ago and given just months to live, announced his planned donations to several charities to NBC while calling cancer "the most amazing experience of my life."

"Somehow I ended up surrounded by people that love me and care for me and will do anything for me. It's a good feeling. That's called happiness," he told Maria Shriver.

The award-winning Hollywood producer and director — who co-created the hit animated TV show alongside Matt Groening in 1989 — said he's donating his fortune to People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA), Save the Children and Feeding Families.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/dying-simpson-co-creator-donate-fortune-article-1.2006203
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

"Simpsons" co-creator with terminal cancer giving $100 million fortune to charities Empty Re: "Simpsons" co-creator with terminal cancer giving $100 million fortune to charities

Post by Guest Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:04 pm

nice gesture...sadly misguided if you ask me but hey its his dosh and his decision....

Back to top Go down

"Simpsons" co-creator with terminal cancer giving $100 million fortune to charities Empty Re: "Simpsons" co-creator with terminal cancer giving $100 million fortune to charities

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:10 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:nice gesture...sadly misguided if you ask me but hey its his dosh and his decision....

What do you think is misguided about it?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:11 pm

giving to PETA.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:43 pm

victorisnotamused wrote:giving to PETA.....

PETA does a lot of good and a lot of bad, I guess. It's great that they uncover the cruel conditions some animals are kept in, but they don't seem nearly compassionate enough when it comes to shelter animals.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:53 pm

they also...well never mind...I dont want a law suit thanks.....
theres plenty out there about their "activities"
they tend to get short shrift over here....

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:07 pm

My thoughts too I'm afraid, vic.
Sorry, but so many needy people that animals shouldn't get a look-in.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:08 pm

eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:10 am

eddie wrote:

I believe 100% opposite (but PETA would not be my choice Rolling Eyes )

Humans have caused most of the issues and being born human is advantage enough. Plus not like we are in any danger of going extinct, maintaining the genetic diversity of 'Earth's life' is FAR more important than the naive human selfishness of individual survival.

Sure you can save the a few more people .. for now... and condemn all life to dust in the future. but is that really the right thing to do? sometimes what is right and what is nice are 2 different things.

Like Einstein said we will all be dead within a few years without bees....
the Idea Humans are separate from the rest of the world and can exist without it is Wrong and what has gotten the world in such a mess today. On a greater planetary level, the survival of a species is more important that the survival of an individual of one of the most common species.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:44 am

veya_victaous wrote:
eddie wrote:

I believe 100% opposite (but PETA would not be my choice Rolling Eyes  )

Humans have caused most of the issues and being born human is advantage enough. Plus not like we are in any danger of going extinct, maintaining the genetic diversity of 'Earth's life' is FAR more important than the naive human selfishness of individual survival.

Sure you can save the a few more people .. for now... and condemn all life to dust in the future. but is that really the right thing to do? sometimes what is right and what is nice are 2 different things.

the Idea Humans are separate from the rest of the world and can exist without it is Wrong and what has gotten the world in such a mess today. On a greater planetary level, the survival of a species is more important that the survival of an individual of one of the most common species.

Yep some excellent points that I cannot counter Veya. Just personally, my heart always goes out to children with illnesses; curing or making their wishes come true.
I think the most heartbreaking thing in the world is child-sized coffin.
I just wish I could stop childhood diseases and death.

But I haven't said it yet and this thread deserves it: good on the guy for bringing laughter to millions and leaving his fortune to the needy x
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:58 pm

eddie wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:
eddie wrote:

I believe 100% opposite (but PETA would not be my choice Rolling Eyes  )

Yep some excellent points that I cannot counter Veya. Just personally, my heart always goes out to children with illnesses; curing or making their wishes come true.
I think the most heartbreaking thing in the world is child-sized coffin.
I just wish I could stop childhood diseases and death.

But I haven't said it yet and this thread deserves it: good on the guy for bringing laughter to millions and leaving his fortune to the needy x

Well now I have to agree with you too
the world is much richer for his creations

and child size coffins are very sad. Sad
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down