NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The plastic plague: Hormone-disrupting chemicals in everyday things like water bottles DO cause cancer, diabetes, ADHD and autism - and cost US $340 BILLION a year

3 posters

Go down

The plastic plague: Hormone-disrupting chemicals in everyday things like water bottles DO cause cancer, diabetes, ADHD and autism - and cost US $340 BILLION a year  Empty The plastic plague: Hormone-disrupting chemicals in everyday things like water bottles DO cause cancer, diabetes, ADHD and autism - and cost US $340 BILLION a year

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:45 pm

Endocrine-disrupting chemicals (EDCs) interfere with the body's hormonal system, affecting development and leaving the body open to a staggering range of diseases.
But they are found in thousands of everyday products, ranging from plastic and metal food containers, to detergents, flame retardants, toys and cosmetics.
These chemicals are responsible for scores of illnesses - costing the US an eye-watering $340 billion in health-related costs each year, the bombshell report by NYU Langone revealed.
The most common EDC-related illness is neurological - including attention-ADHD, autism and loss of IQ.
The invisible but dangerous chemicals also boosted obesity, diabetes, some cancers, male infertility and a painful condition known as endometriosis, the abnormal growth of tissue outside the uterus.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3847804/The-hormone-disrupting-chemicals-plastic-bottle-cause-autism-cancer-cost-340-BILLION-year-healthcare.html
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The plastic plague: Hormone-disrupting chemicals in everyday things like water bottles DO cause cancer, diabetes, ADHD and autism - and cost US $340 BILLION a year  Empty Re: The plastic plague: Hormone-disrupting chemicals in everyday things like water bottles DO cause cancer, diabetes, ADHD and autism - and cost US $340 BILLION a year

Post by Guest Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:54 pm

I wouldn't surprise me, but I'd like to see the scientific data, the DM does like to frighten the bejesus out of people.

Back to top Go down

The plastic plague: Hormone-disrupting chemicals in everyday things like water bottles DO cause cancer, diabetes, ADHD and autism - and cost US $340 BILLION a year  Empty Re: The plastic plague: Hormone-disrupting chemicals in everyday things like water bottles DO cause cancer, diabetes, ADHD and autism - and cost US $340 BILLION a year

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:14 pm

sassy wrote:I wouldn't surprise me, but I'd like to see the scientific data, the DM does like to frighten the bejesus out of people.

Probably not scientifically researched but then again, I'd much rather see a return to waxed paper and more natural wrappings.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:25 pm

There is a chemical in plastic bottles that leeches into the liquid/drink... acts almost exactly like oestrogen on the body... and is banned in some countries...

It's known as Bisphenol A (BPA)... And other chemicals in supposed 'BPA free' plastics are equally if not more dangerous/toxic...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:59 pm

Not just plastic bottle size but also the inside of aluminium cans, especially tinned tomatoes due to the acidic content.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down