NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Google Is Creating A ‘Kill Switch’ For The Robot Apocalypse

3 posters

Go down

Google Is Creating A ‘Kill Switch’ For The Robot Apocalypse Empty Google Is Creating A ‘Kill Switch’ For The Robot Apocalypse

Post by Guest Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:22 pm

When the inevitable happens and the robots which have built our cars for years finally turn on us it will be Google and an Oxford academic that we’ll have to thank when we’re not actually enslaved.

You see Google’s DeepMind team, along with Dr Stuart Armstrong from Oxford’s Future of Humanity Institute, have been working on what they call ‘Interruptible’ measures.

Their results have been published in a paper called ‘Safely Interruptible Agents’.

In case you’re wondering what safely interruptible agents are then the simple answer is that they would be safeguards built into every AI, or advanced robot and would at any point allow a human to take absolute control should things go wrong.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/robot-apocalypse-google-kill-switch_uk_575589f5e4b0b23a261a8f62?edition=uk&utm_hp_ref=uk

Back to top Go down

Google Is Creating A ‘Kill Switch’ For The Robot Apocalypse Empty Re: Google Is Creating A ‘Kill Switch’ For The Robot Apocalypse

Post by Victorismyhero Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:40 pm

good...now can someone fit veya with one...... Rolling Eyes
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Google Is Creating A ‘Kill Switch’ For The Robot Apocalypse Empty Re: Google Is Creating A ‘Kill Switch’ For The Robot Apocalypse

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:56 pm

Hmmm ... interesting to think of what the implications would be if something like this was used on true AI. I'd think it would be a civil rights violation, actually.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:19 pm

surely THAT depends on whether you were dumb enough to give the AI "civil rights"

I assume you are thinking of an AI along te lines of DATA from star trek???
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:47 pm

Lord Foul wrote:surely THAT depends on whether you were dumb enough to give the AI "civil rights"

I assume you are thinking of an AI along te lines of DATA from star trek???

I think that anything that is truly intelligent has to be considered a living thing and thus a "pseudo-human" with civil rights.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:05 pm

right ho...heres your starter for 10.....

define intelligent, for the purposes of the above
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:10 pm

Lord Foul wrote:right ho...heres your starter for 10.....

Unable to define but i can rate intelligence

Level 1) No intelligence -Lefties

Level 2) Abrahamic believers

Level 6)  Rational people

Level 7) Genius

lol!

Night mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:44 pm

Lord Foul wrote:right ho...heres your starter for 10.....

Something able to generate original or semi-original ideas, solve problems without being supplied with a formula beforehand, and perceive itself as a thinking individual.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:49 pm

fuck that i anit putting anything google in my deathbots... things will end up displaying advertising instead of being killing machines Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

I fully support the other way creating AI much better than us, something that can keep us as pets like we do cats and dogs. Google Is Creating A ‘Kill Switch’ For The Robot Apocalypse 1763903427
And as it is easier to not have the multiple layers of complexity that are a human override the alternative will come out first and any way the cheap Chinese robot factory is not going to waste time/money installing some google chip (that will be a scam and data mines everything like every google product does, by design as is their business model Google Is Creating A ‘Kill Switch’ For The Robot Apocalypse 1399249160 )

VOTE 1 SKYNET
for an authentic robot Apocalypse
Google Is Creating A ‘Kill Switch’ For The Robot Apocalypse 3893789544
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:57 pm

I wonder if they are just saying it Google Is Creating A ‘Kill Switch’ For The Robot Apocalypse 265384880 Google Is Creating A ‘Kill Switch’ For The Robot Apocalypse 265384880 Google Is Creating A ‘Kill Switch’ For The Robot Apocalypse 265384880

seriously it is so much harder and much more inefficient.
and it is this inefficiency that will see it disregarded, all top techs have a dislike of inefficiency that can boarder on neurotic.
I think even if the CEO and management has been told this is going to happen it's not going to happen.
Cause that happens all the time, which is why bureaucrats are inefficient and a waste of resources.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down