NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

15 Year-Old BackPage Prostitute Sentenced To 9-years In Prison

+4
Tommy Monk
Syl
Miffs2
eddie
8 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

15 Year-Old BackPage Prostitute Sentenced To 9-years In Prison - Page 3 Empty 15 Year-Old BackPage Prostitute Sentenced To 9-years In Prison

Post by eddie Tue May 17, 2016 5:18 pm

First topic message reminder :

15 Year-Old BackPage Prostitute Sentenced To 9-years In Prison

GRAND RAPIDS, MI – A 15-year-old girl and mother of two toddlers was sentenced to prison for helping to rob prospective johns who responded to an Internet sex ad.

15-year-old prostitute sentenced to 9-years prison for robbing a trick with a toy gun

Latesha Clay was sentenced Monday, Jan. 11, to nine years in prison for robbing two men who responded to an ad on Backpage.com. The ad offered sex with a teen.

The victims were robbed after they showed up at a room at Motel 6, 4855 28th St. SE.

Clay wept during the hearing, with family behind her filling many seats in the gallery.

Also charged are Trayvin Donnell Lewis, 18, and Monee Duepre Atkinson, 17.

Police say Latesha Clay met the men at the door, and invited them inside after taking their payment. Lewis then threatened them with what turned out to be an Airsoft pistol with the orange tip removed. Police say the older defendants forced one of the victims to drive to an automated-teller machine and withdraw $300.

Clay’s mother and grandmother wrote the judge, seeking leniency.
Johnson said of her client: “She’s wholeheartedly sorry.”

Kent County Circuit Judge George “Jay” Quist sentenced Clay at the low end of sentencing guidelines but said she deserved a significant prison sentence because of the seriousness of the crime, with a gun pointed at the head or neck of one of the men.

Clay pleaded guilty to two counts of armed robbery and two counts of unlawful imprisonment.

http://rawnews.me/064d0e2ffd15

What the actual fuck??? This girl is just a girl, with two toddlers at only FIFTEEN years old and a prostitute. The men who got her pregnant, the ones who replied  to her as for "sex with a teen"......and she's being sent to jail???
HOW exactly is that going to help her or help rehabilitate her???

Is it me, or does anyone else think this sentence is just ridiculous??
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

15 Year-Old BackPage Prostitute Sentenced To 9-years In Prison - Page 3 Empty Re: 15 Year-Old BackPage Prostitute Sentenced To 9-years In Prison

Post by Syl Wed May 18, 2016 10:08 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Is it possible for a 12/13 year old girl to have consensual sex with a 12/13 year old boy?

If you say no then you are a liar...

If you say yes then you have just contradicted your claim that the 'other' MUST have been a man...!!!

Most amusing!!!

lol!

Once more you are ignoring what I said and just putting your own slant on it.

I said a 12 year old girl CANNOT give consent to sexual intercourse.
Had the father also been 12 do you not think social services would be involved?
Make sense instead of waffling on clutching at straws.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

15 Year-Old BackPage Prostitute Sentenced To 9-years In Prison - Page 3 Empty Re: 15 Year-Old BackPage Prostitute Sentenced To 9-years In Prison

Post by Tommy Monk Wed May 18, 2016 10:19 pm

Answer the question...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed May 18, 2016 10:21 pm

http://titsandsass.com/whos-the-victim-the-tragedy-of-latesha-clay/

Read the paragraph...Latesha Clay fits the profile of a victim of sex trafficking. Her body was advertised on the internet for men to violate. She appeared to be working with, or rather for older men.
Her own father is reported to have fathered as many as 32 children.
It is speculated that he forced Latesha to have sex with men for profit.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed May 18, 2016 10:28 pm

More waffle and speculation...

Still didn't answer the question...

Try again?
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed May 18, 2016 10:31 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:More waffle and speculation...

Try again?

Like I said before...anyone who cites a perverted peado as a champion in having sex with minors and walking free is setting the bar so low it's not suprising you are resorting to pointless waffle.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed May 18, 2016 10:37 pm

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed May 18, 2016 10:44 pm

I did answer...check back, and doing a pretty polly impression by constantly repeating parrot like the same thing instead of actually addressing my posts makes you look as if you are now floundering as well as waffling.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed May 18, 2016 10:50 pm

Syl wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:Is it possible for a 12/13 year old girl to have consensual sex with a 12/13 year old boy?

If you say no then you are a liar...

If you say yes then you have just contradicted your claim that the 'other' MUST have been a man...!!!

Most amusing!!!

lol!

Can a 12/13 year old girl have consensual sex with a 12/13 year old boy?

Yes or no?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed May 18, 2016 10:57 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Syl wrote:

Yes or no?

Legally NO...which I already answered an hour and a half ago. .
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed May 18, 2016 11:04 pm

Syl wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

Yes or no?

Legally NO...which I already answered  an hour and a half ago. .

So if this girl has had 2 children and is still under 16... and has not made any claim of being raped or abused by anyone else...

She should be arrested and prosecuted for having sex while underage...?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed May 18, 2016 11:14 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Syl wrote:

Legally NO...which I already answered  an hour and a half ago. .

So if this girl has had 2 children and is still under 16... and has not made any claim of being raped or abused by anyone else...

Are you for real?

We don't know what the circumstances of her having 2 young kids by the age of 15 are.....but whatever they are SHE is not the one who would be arrested.
If it was another 12 year old (highly unlikely) but if it were social services would have been involved.
If...as is far more likely it was an adult male (possibly her father after reading the link) but any male over the age of consent....it is HE who should be arrested.

Now answer me a question....why do you blame a child instead of an adult when a minor is raped?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed May 18, 2016 11:30 pm

Syl wrote:Ruth Ellis the last woman to be hanged in the UK was certainly  shown no mercy.
There is no way she would be hung today even if the death penalty was reinstated.

Really? She went to a pub with a gun and shot a man in cold blood. She even chased him round the car and shot him when he tried to escape. Then she fired three more bullets into him when he was on the floor.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed May 18, 2016 11:31 pm

Syl wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

No you and others started it by making unsubstantiated claims that she was raped and/or that the father/s were adults who took advantage of her!!!

Wow...talk about twisting words to suit your own agenda. Rolling Eyes

I answered Rags point that she didn't learn by her first pregnancy by saying..."We don't know the circumstances, she COULD have been raped for all we know" I have never mentioned her father either.

She could have been, but a second time?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed May 18, 2016 11:32 pm

The point is that this girl has never made any claim of being raped or abused!!!

Why would a 12/13 year old boy be guilty of anything for having sex with her?

If she would not also be just as guilty of the same thing for having sex with him...!?

Social services would of course be involved regardless... but have deemed it perfectly ok for her to carry on with the children... not just after the first but also with the second one too!!!

You have presented no facts or evidence about anything that you have been speculating about!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed May 18, 2016 11:34 pm

Syl wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

Are you for real?

We don't know what the circumstances of her having 2 young kids by the age of 15 are.....but whatever they are SHE is not the one who would be arrested.
If it was another 12 year old (highly unlikely) but if it were social services would have been involved.
If...as is far more likely it was an adult male (possibly her father after reading the link) but any male over the age of consent....it is HE who should be arrested.

Now answer me a question....why do you blame a child instead of an adult when a minor is raped?

So you think that a girl of 12 who has sex with a 12-year old boy is a victim, but a boy of 12 who has sex with a girl of 12 is not?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed May 18, 2016 11:37 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Syl wrote:Ruth Ellis the last woman to be hanged in the UK was certainly  shown no mercy.
There is no way she would be hung today even if the death penalty was reinstated.

Really? She went to a pub with a gun and shot a man in cold blood. She even chased him round the car and shot him when he tried to escape. Then she fired three more bullets into him when he was on the floor.

She did.....she shot her violent lover who had beaten her up so badly she had recently lost the baby they were expecting.
She certainly would not be hanged today even if the death penalty was active.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed May 18, 2016 11:38 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Syl wrote:

Are you for real?

So you think that a girl of 12 who has sex with a 12-year old boy is a victim, but a boy of 12 who has sex with a girl of 12 is not?

No...I haven't said that. I said social services would be involved.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed May 18, 2016 11:40 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:The point is that this girl has never made any claim of being raped or abused!!!

Why would a 12/13 year old boy be guilty of anything for having sex with her?

If she would not also be just as guilty of the same thing for having sex with him...!?

Social services would of course be involved regardless... but have deemed it perfectly ok for her to carry on with the children... not just after the first but also with the second one too!!!

You have presented no facts or evidence about anything that you have been speculating about!!!

To quote you....answer the question.

"Why do you blame a child instead of an adult when a minor is raped"?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed May 18, 2016 11:42 pm

Syl wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

She did.....she shot her violent lover who had beaten her up so badly she had recently  lost the baby they were expecting.

It was no excuse. It was not self defence, and she should have dumped him long before any of that happened. She had an abortion previously, so she should have been more careful. He wanted out but she went looking for him to shoot him. She would certainly have got a very long prison sentence today.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed May 18, 2016 11:44 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Syl wrote:

Wow...talk about twisting words to suit your own agenda. Rolling Eyes

I answered Rags point that she didn't learn by her first pregnancy by saying..."We don't know the circumstances, she COULD have been raped for all we know" I have never mentioned her father either.

She could have been, but a second time?

Like I said....the circumstances of her pregnancies are not public.

However in the link I posted ....'Her own father is reported to have as many as 32 biological children and there is speculation that he forced his daughter to have sex with men for profit'.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed May 18, 2016 11:46 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Syl wrote:

She did.....she shot her violent lover who had beaten her up so badly she had recently  lost the baby they were expecting.

It was no excuse. It was not self defence, and she should have dumped him long before any of that happened. She had an abortion previously, so she should have been more careful. He wanted out but she went looking for him to shoot him. She would certainly have got a very long prison sentence today.

Prison yes....death sentence No...It was a travesty of justice. If we had such a thing as a crime of passion that is what this would have been.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed May 18, 2016 11:49 pm

Syl wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Prison yes....death sentence No...It was a travesty of justice. If we had such a thing as a crime of passion that is what this would have been.

She would have got a long prison sentence today because we don't have the death penalty any more.

It was cold-blooded murder - there's no two ways about it. All she had to do was walk away from him.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed May 18, 2016 11:52 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Syl wrote:

She would have got a long prison sentence today because we don't have the death penalty any more.

It was cold-blooded murder - there's no two ways about it. All she had to do was walk away from him.

Easy to say...obviously if it was as easy to do there would be no battered wives/husbands or repeat domestic violence of any nature.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu May 19, 2016 12:04 am

Syl wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Easy to say...obviously if it was as easy to do there would be no battered wives/husbands or repeat  domestic violence of any nature.

She wasn't a battered wife and she didn't have to kill him to get away from him. She shot him because she was pissed off that he was leaving her and she was jealous.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu May 19, 2016 12:06 am

Tommy Monk wrote:Guilt is decided by jury on evidence  

The award of sentencing is down to the judge.

Not in the US. Remember, this is a US case.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu May 19, 2016 12:15 am

Original Quill wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:Guilt is decided by jury on evidence  

The award of sentencing is down to the judge.

Not in the US.  Remember, this is a US case.

Care to elaborate?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu May 19, 2016 12:15 am

Syl wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:And the likelyhood of her being a willing and consenting participant and the other being of similar age is undisputed...

Is there any evidence to the contrary?

Has she ever claimed otherwise?

As she would have been a 12 year old when she first became pregnant, she would have been in law unable to give consent to sexual intercourse

But talking to the man who cited the dragons den perverted paedophile who got away with having sex with a  4 ft something, six stone 13 year old....I'm not surprised we cant agree seeing as you have set the bar so low..

That's not the issue. She was arrested for armed robbery and kidnapping. Her status as a minor is only relevant to the issue of whether she should be tried as an adult.

Paedophilia is not an issue. If you want to change the law, start by writing your legislator. Good luck.

If you think someone else should be prosecuted, for whatever, write to the relevant Michigan county prosecutor. That's not a defense to her case.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu May 19, 2016 12:16 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Not in the US.  Remember, this is a US case.

Care to elaborate?

Yes, tommy was quoting British law, I assume.  This was not a British case.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu May 19, 2016 12:17 am

Original Quill wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Care to elaborate?

Yes, tommy was quoting British law.  This was not a British case.

So would you like to elaborate on what Tommy was mistaken about? In other words, who decides the guilt and the sentence in the US?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu May 19, 2016 12:28 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Yes, tommy was quoting British law.  This was not a British case.

So would you like to elaborate on what Tommy was mistaken about? In other words, who decides the guilt and the sentence in the US?

It's a mixture in the US. Sometimes the judge, sometimes the jury, sometimes the jury gives an advisory recommendation, sometimes the legislature attaches a mandatory sentence, and sometimes it depends upon the charge.

For example, in capital punishment cases juries are typically left with the decision as to whether death is appropriate. Also, when a statute sets out factual circumstances that can produce a harsher sentence (for example, the use of a weapon in the commission of a crime), a judge cannot impose the harsher punishment unless the jury concludes beyond a reasonable doubt that the circumstances were present.

There are 50-plus jurisdictions in the US. Each with its own set of laws.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 19, 2016 1:40 am

eddie wrote:
4EVER2 wrote:

15 Year-Old BackPage Prostitute Sentenced To 9-years In Prison - Page 3 2794048296   15 Year-Old BackPage Prostitute Sentenced To 9-years In Prison - Page 3 265384880
Hint hint!
Moved to criminology
TY...I was wondering what I could try next ~~~ 15 Year-Old BackPage Prostitute Sentenced To 9-years In Prison - Page 3 Spitball-smiley-emoticon

LOL.
Back to the topic > > >

Tommy asked if consensual sex could be between (12 or 13} young man and young girl:  
Conflicts Still on the Books
Four other states -- Maryland, Florida, Oklahoma and Kentucky -- still have conflicts between their laws on statutory rape and underage marriage in the case of pregnancy.

Maryland allows pregnant 16 and 17 - year - olds to marry without parental consent. A pregnant 15 - year - old can marry provided a parent agrees to it.

Judges in Florida, Oklahoma and Kentucky can grant or refuse a marriage license to a pregnant minor of any age, regardless of their parents' consent.

County clerks and family law attorneys in some of these states told Women's eNews that the legal contradiction was not an issue, either because it applied to too few marriages or because nothing had brought the conflict to legislators' attention.

"Sometimes legislative priorities are driven by circumstances," says Cindy Callahan, secretary of the Maryland State Bar Association's family and juvenile law section council. "In some ways it's not an issue because it hasn't been raised."

Conflicts between marriage and criminal codes can, however, embarrass a state when a case receives national media attention.

Georgia eliminated the pregnancy provision from its code in 2006 after 37 - year - old Lisa Lynette Clark was charged with child molestation, statutory rape and enticing a minor days after marrying the 15 - year - old who impregnated her.

Legal History
Rigel Oliveri, associate professor of law at the University of Missouri, says the history of statutory rape laws helps explain how these states have come to sanction and condemn the same act.

Oliveri, an expert on statutory rape laws, says the laws, which entered the U.S. legal system by way of English common law, were first intended to make men "take responsibility for a problem they created."

Today, she says, one of the legal rationales for statutory rape laws is to protect minors from predatory adults. But the laws' original intent of limiting out - of - wedlock births was complemented -- rather than contradicted -- by pregnancy exceptions that states placed on age restrictions on marriage.

Marriage is a permissible defense to statutory rape in all states and most legal cases. But it is not always successful, adding to the legal muddle over statutory rape and legal grounds for marrying a minor.

**Koso began dating a 12 - year - old when he was 20 and he impregnated her when she was 13. They then married in May 2005, shortly after her 14th birthday, by crossing into Kansas because the state, at the time, set no minimum age for marriage if the minor had parental permission. (That has since changed; Kansas instituted a minimum age of 15 a year later, in May 2006.)

But Nebraska's Attorney General Jon Bruning charged Koso with breaking the state's statutory rape laws and charged him with first - degree sexual assault in July 2005. Last month Matthew Koso, 24, was released from a Nebraska prison after serving 15 months for statutory rape. Critics attacked Bruning for prosecuting a man they said was shouldering responsibility for the child he fathered.  Boulden has heard similar arguments since he began pressing for change in Delaware.

People told him to "leave well enough alone," that if "a gentleman wants to step up and take responsibility and form a family unit, who is government to get involved in that process?"

Depending on the parental consent {doubtful that in this case the momma knew or cared that this 12 yr old was sexual active} anyone in most any state in America caught doing the 'DEED' with any child under 16 is putting their 'pecker on the line for rape charges'...period!  And depending on the relationship between the boyfriend and the girlfriends parents --- that age difference is always going to be a tenacious issue that can blow up and statutory rape charge get filed --- hard to adjudicated but filing is the easy part.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 19, 2016 1:50 am

Syl wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
GEEZE LOUISE, people; between trying to keep this USA case out of the British legal system standard law books and some of you good people dredging up some ole cases that --- well, I'm as confused as if my short term memory just went hay wire/ape shit nuts!  affraid 
I'd say 'don't drive me crazy - but that's more like a PUTT, not much of a DRIVE!' cheers  

Could it be possible for all of us that enjoy picking at these legal cases to gently agree to some ground rules, like:
1.) keep it to this one case at a time
2.) try to avid mixing British Law with USA law and twisting the topic further
3.) conversations are going to flow and questions get raised but going off topic with some many other 'old cases' that none of us Americans are familiar with --- adversely we Americans could start rattling off multiple court cases that none of you British are aware of and that would just convolute the topic.

So could we agree to keep the cases as snugged into just the one-at-a-time-per-topic?
PLEASE???

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu May 19, 2016 7:29 am

Original Quill wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

It's a mixture in the US.  Sometimes the judge, sometimes the jury, sometimes the jury gives an advisory recommendation, sometimes the legislature attaches a mandatory sentence, and sometimes it depends upon the charge.  

For example, in capital punishment cases juries are typically left with the decision as to whether death is appropriate.  Also, when a statute sets out factual circumstances that can produce a harsher sentence (for example, the use of a weapon in the commission of a crime), a judge cannot impose the harsher punishment unless the jury concludes beyond a reasonable doubt that the circumstances were present.

There are 50-plus jurisdictions in the US.  Each with its own set of laws.

OK. In this particular case the girl pleaded guilty, and the judge gave the sentence. The judge mentioned the sentencing guidelines for armed robbery, and he gave her the minimum allowable, yes?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu May 19, 2016 12:54 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:

As she would have been a 12 year old when she first became pregnant, she would have been in law unable to give consent to sexual intercourse

But talking to the man who cited the dragons den perverted paedophile who got away with having sex with a  4 ft something, six stone 13 year old....I'm not surprised we cant agree seeing as you have set the bar so low..

That's not the issue.  She was arrested for armed robbery and kidnapping.  Her status as a minor is only relevant to the issue of whether she should be tried as an adult.  

Paedophilia is not an issue.  If you want to change the law, start by writing your legislator.  Good luck.

If you think someone else should be prosecuted, for whatever, write to the relevant Michigan county prosecutor.  That's not a defense to her case.

I am aware of this Quill. I was answering questions that Tommy was repeating (several times over) about the girl in the OP having sex at an age below consent.
He cited a case that happened here in the UK.....which is what that post was about.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu May 19, 2016 12:56 pm

4EVER2 wrote:
Syl wrote:
GEEZE LOUISE, people; between trying to keep this USA case out of the British legal system standard law books and some of you good people dredging up some ole cases that --- well, I'm as confused as if my short term memory just went hay wire/ape shit nuts!  affraid 
I'd say 'don't drive me crazy - but that's more like a PUTT, not much of a DRIVE!' cheers  

Could it be possible for all of us that enjoy picking at these legal cases to gently agree to some ground rules, like:
3.) conversations are going to flow and questions get raised but going off topic with some many other 'old cases' that none of us Americans are familiar with --- adversely we Americans could start rattling off multiple court cases that none of you British are aware of and that would just convolute the topic.

So could we agree to keep the cases as snugged into just the one-at-a-time-per-topic?
PLEASE???

I take your point.
It was me who first mentioned Ruth Ellis...sometimes threads like conversations meander off the original topic.
Sorry for any confusion.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu May 19, 2016 1:21 pm

4EVER2 wrote:
Syl wrote:

PLEASE???

Sure, when you stop going off topic in order to start a personal fight with someone.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 19, 2016 3:12 pm

Raggs stated > Sure, when you stop going off topic in order to start a personal fight with someone.
Well, well --- and this is where you started; it would appear that you and your TROLL buddy HT have an agenda this fine morning of just trolling my every post and maintaining your pack attack methods Rolling Eyes  

And your brilliant self-inflicted hypocritical post right 15 Year-Old BackPage Prostitute Sentenced To 9-years In Prison - Page 3 3408175593  would need to be explained to you in graphic detail 15 Year-Old BackPage Prostitute Sentenced To 9-years In Prison - Page 3 2686688521   Life must be very boring for you and that is just SAD.  15 Year-Old BackPage Prostitute Sentenced To 9-years In Prison - Page 3 2347854014

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu May 19, 2016 3:18 pm

4EVER2 wrote:
Raggs stated > Sure, when you stop going off topic in order to start a personal fight with someone.
Well, well --- and this is where you started; it would appear that you and your TROLL buddy HT have an agenda this fine morning of just trolling my every post and maintaining your pack attack methods Rolling Eyes  

And your brilliant self-inflicted hypocritical post right 15 Year-Old BackPage Prostitute Sentenced To 9-years In Prison - Page 3 3408175593  would need to be explained to you in graphic detail 15 Year-Old BackPage Prostitute Sentenced To 9-years In Prison - Page 3 2686688521   Life must be very boring for you and that is just SAD.  15 Year-Old BackPage Prostitute Sentenced To 9-years In Prison - Page 3 2347854014

Boring? Anything but that. You must be bored to sit here picking fights with people and then demanding that others stay on topic when it suits you. lol!
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 19, 2016 3:32 pm

TOUCHÉ and TY, for continuing to prove my point. clappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu May 19, 2016 3:35 pm

4EVER2 wrote:TOUCHÉ and TY, for continuing to prove my point. clappy

Look at you - picking an argument yet again. You can't help yourself can you?

15 Year-Old BackPage Prostitute Sentenced To 9-years In Prison - Page 3 3489511464
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu May 19, 2016 4:25 pm

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

That's not the issue.  She was arrested for armed robbery and kidnapping.  Her status as a minor is only relevant to the issue of whether she should be tried as an adult.  

Paedophilia is not an issue.  If you want to change the law, start by writing your legislator.  Good luck.

If you think someone else should be prosecuted, for whatever, write to the relevant Michigan county prosecutor.  That's not a defense to her case.

I am aware of this Quill. I was answering questions that Tommy was repeating (several times over) about the girl in the OP having sex at an age below consent.
He cited a case that happened here in the UK.....which is what that post was about.

Yes, my post was directed to tommy as well. I was frustrated at the discussion being distracted by a point that confuses the issue. Certainly, it is equitable to say that there are other crimes taking place, but they are not a defense to the one.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 19, 2016 4:43 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:
Yes, my post was directed to tommy as well.  I was frustrated at the discussion being distracted by a point that confuses the issue.  Certainly, it is equitable to say that there are other crimes taking place, but they are not a defense to the one.
Well, here is my #1 just can't figure it out issue with this case:
Given her age why would she take a plea deal - charged as an adult '?' wouldn't she have stood a better chance being tried separately as a juvenile and then couldn't her attorneys plea all of her horrible history - poor family circumstances - baby making skills and whatever those details might provide?

What do you think, Quill - poor legal team or she willfully understood and that was what she really wanted to do - or that was the ONLY option that the state placed on the table considering all of the kidnapping/armed robbery/prostitution charges she was facing?

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu May 19, 2016 5:08 pm

She is charged as an adult by prosecutorial discretion. In most jurisdictions, then, a court will pass on the decision. She doesn’t have the choice of “being tried separately as a juvenile.”

A ‘plea’ is an agreement between the prosecutor and the accused. The bargained-for-exchange is that the accused admits to the crime (pleads), and the state promises some reduction of charge, or leniency (or other consideration) in sentencing. The stakes are simply, you could lose and end up with a worse result.

The “horrible history” is relevant only to the sentence. It has no bearing on the liability for the crime.

I personally think the kidnapping charge scared her more than the armed robbery. Her attorneys could have argued to the jury all the things we have considered—compressed air gun, not firearm, etc.—but kidnapping (with a possible gun enhancement) is a pretty serious matter, with some possible stiff penalties. It’s also a federal crime.

Without all the nonsense about her being a ‘poor, vulnerable child,’ she did do some pretty bad things. Nine years ain’t bad. With time off, she’ll serve three, at best.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 19, 2016 5:18 pm

Original Quill wrote:She is charged as an adult by prosecutorial discretion.  In most jurisdictions, then, a court will pass on the decision.  She doesn’t have the choice of “being tried separately as a juvenile.”

A ‘plea’ is an agreement between the prosecutor and the accused.  The bargained-for-exchange is that the accused admits to the crime (pleads), and the state promises some reduction of charge, or leniency (or other consideration) in sentencing.  The stakes are simply, you could lose and end up with a worse result.

The “horrible history” is relevant only to the sentence.  It has no bearing on the liability for the crime.

I personally think the kidnapping charge scared her more than the armed robbery.  Her attorneys could have argued to the jury all the things we have considered—compressed air gun, not firearm, etc.—but kidnapping (with a possible gun enhancement) is a pretty serious matter, with some possible stiff penalties.  It’s also a federal crime.

Without all the nonsense about her being a ‘poor, vulnerable child,’ she did do some pretty bad things.  Nine years ain’t bad.  With time off, she’ll serve three, at best.
Oh, quite right...the State of Michigan vs the accused and the heinous type of crimes would have elevated it up from just a 'slap on the wrist - juvenile offense' type of charge. TY, I'd forgotten about that.  I agree, I'd stated that back up there several posts; she'll be out before 5 with good behavior and for the seriousness of those crimes --- a walk in the park for such heinous behavior. IMO

Reading all of the posts about 'why the hype and reactions from a TOY WEAPON'; when the article that I'd posted and the victims statement left little doubt that when the man was surprised by the 18 yr old young man jumping out from behind the door --- he wasn't in any position to question whether or not the weapons pointed at him were FAKE or REAL. 

We've lost lots of stupid young people by pointing fake weapons at law enforcement and the toys look very - very real. And the orange tip had been removed --- huge indicator that the teenagers knew it made the toy appear realistic, that's why they did it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu May 19, 2016 6:49 pm

A 12/13 year old girl and boy can end up having sex together and both being willing participants.

You don't know that this isn't the case it with this girl.

However it is irrelevant to the crime of premeditated armed robbery.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu May 19, 2016 7:26 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:A 12/13 year old girl and boy can end up having sex together and both being willing participants.

You don't know that this isn't the case it with this girl.

However it is irrelevant to the crime of premeditated armed robbery.

You still haven't answered the question....not suprising really, given there can be no decent answer.
Anyway...iIn future please don't DEMAND I answer yours (especially when I already did) Rolling Eyes
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu May 19, 2016 7:28 pm

What question would you like me to answer?
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu May 19, 2016 7:35 pm

Why do you blame the child and not the adult when a minor is raped?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu May 19, 2016 7:46 pm

I don't.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu May 19, 2016 8:06 pm

Sounds like it Tommy. You've hardly any sympathy at all.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next