NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can you imagine if real life was like a forum?

+2
eddie
Syl
6 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Can you imagine if real life was like a forum? - Page 3 Empty Can you imagine if real life was like a forum?

Post by Syl Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:08 pm

First topic message reminder :

Is your real life consumed with arguments about black/v white....race against race...religion against religion??

Nope...so why when we look at the right hand side of our computer is the forum mostly about the above?

I realise that some subjects generate debate....but am I the only one sick and tired of endless groundhog arguments?

If I am just say so and I will join a knitting forum or something. Can you imagine if real life was like a forum? - Page 3 Knitting-smiley-emoticon
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Can you imagine if real life was like a forum? - Page 3 Empty Re: Can you imagine if real life was like a forum?

Post by Syl Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:56 pm

Stormee wrote:Those on forums who deliberately LIE to gain advantage.
Exampul, 'This post is offensive to me and my family, it made my 85 years old mother cry as we have a relative involved with a black'.

This lie, bullshit makes some mods take their side even though the truth will never be known.

I have seen so may liars on forums who who use their alleged personal storiz to gain advantage, lying swabz.

I know that happens...seen it on lots of different forums.

But......I also think why deliberately provoke people by saying online something you would never dream of saying out loud off a forum??
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Can you imagine if real life was like a forum? - Page 3 Empty Re: Can you imagine if real life was like a forum?

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:55 pm

Syl wrote:I have noticed here that a thread about baking or needlepoint will suddenly descend into a race hate war.
Rolling Eyes

All I can say about that is Thank God. Who wants to discuss minutiae of fricking needlepoint? Can you imagine if real life was like a forum? - Page 3 859118666
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:57 pm

That had me in stitches
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:04 pm

Lord Foul wrote:I think THE problem is that people on forums are deliberately too thin skinned in many cases...yes there have been issue which were seriously bad....but in general its my feeling that folks get deliberately all thin skinned in order to win a debate.....
if they can give the impression their "opponent" is making them cry they win by default....

I mean if I was all thin skinned I'd be whingeing all the time and crying foul at almost every post...

what part of ...I dont give a flying f**k what YOU think of me  doesnt anyone understand...

and YES I DO apply that philosophy "out side" of forum life....

what you see is what you get....if you dont like it...tough Can you imagine if real life was like a forum? - Page 3 2190311264

I've never reported a post in my life...so far. I'm hoping someone can do something I can get that riled up about that I'd even want to. I can never see the point.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:05 pm

eddie wrote:That had me in stitches

That's coz you're a sew 'n' sew Can you imagine if real life was like a forum? - Page 3 859118666 Can you imagine if real life was like a forum? - Page 3 3922118137
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:52 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Syl wrote:I have noticed here that a thread about baking or needlepoint will suddenly descend into a race hate war.
Rolling Eyes

All I can say about that is Thank God.  Who wants to discuss minutiae of fricking needlepoint? Can you imagine if real life was like a forum? - Page 3 859118666

Why not...it could generate much excitement our older members. Can you imagine if real life was like a forum? - Page 3 79806067f630dda689d8bcbfa64bfe5f
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:13 pm

Not me, I've always hated sewing, would rather put up a flat pack lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:15 pm

I was kidding. Laughing
The only thing I have ever sewn is the odd loose button, and I usually manage to puncture myself then.

Anyway....even a thread about needlepoint would probably end in a verbal fight on here. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:22 pm

Oh how true.  I rebelled at school and refused to do needlework as I wanted to do technical drawing (girls weren't allowed).   I got to do it after staging strikes during needlework classes and carrying a banner outside the Headmaster's office during breaks, but only after 2 years, so I had to do a 3 yr course in 1 year.   Meant girls could do tech drawing after than though!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:29 pm

sassy wrote:Oh how true.  I rebelled at school and refused to do needlework as I wanted to do technical drawing (girls weren't allowed).   I got to do it after staging strikes during needlework classes and carrying a banner outside the Headmaster's office during breaks, but only after 2 years, so I had to do a 3 yr course in 1 year.   Meant girls could do tech drawing after than though!
Good for you....girls today have more of a choice I think...my school was the same as yours, though the lads did woodwork whilst we did needlecraft.

I started knitting a scarf in the first year and was on the same project in year 4...others had advanced to jumpers but not me.
Miss refused to let anyone else cast off for me...so that hampered my progress a fair bit Laughing .
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3