NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madeleine McCann: Detective who said parents faked abduction wins libel case

+6
captain
Miffs2
Syl
Raggamuffin
Tommy Monk
eddie
10 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Madeleine McCann: Detective who said parents faked abduction wins libel case - Page 2 Empty Madeleine McCann: Detective who said parents faked abduction wins libel case

Post by eddie Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:00 pm

First topic message reminder :

I know this ruling happened in Portugal but I've posted here as it's just as much English news)

The Portuguese detective who accused Madeleine McCann's parents of faking their daughter's abduction has won his appeal against a libel ruling.

Goncalo Amaral had been ordered in April last year to pay Kate and Gerry McCann €500,000 (£394,000) in damages.

The McCanns had stated they would put all the pay out money back into the search for their missing daughter, MailOnline reports.

The former detective has been embroiled in a libel battle after he wrote and published a book called The Truth of the Lie in 2008 where he claimed the McCanns lied about Madeleine's kidnapping after the three-year-old died in their Algarve apartment in 2007

The McCann's lawyer, Isabel Duarte, responded to this latest decision by saying: "I have just learnt that the three appeal court judges have decided to overturn the original decision in favour of my clients.

"It was a unanimous decision. The original decision has been revoked.

Search for Madeleine McCann continues
"I and the McCanns are obviously disappointed but I am not surprised because one of the judges ruled in favour of a previous appeal overturning a ban on the book."

Detective Chief Superintendent, Mike Duthie, from Scotland Yard's homicide squad said there was still hope Madeleine could be found alive.

Home Secretary, Theresa May, granted the Metropolitan Police a £95,000 budget to continue the hunt for the missing child for another six months.

@@@@@@@@@@@

Good news as far as I'm concerned. Everyone should have the opportunity to read what a police officer has to say about such a high-profile case.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Madeleine McCann: Detective who said parents faked abduction wins libel case - Page 2 Empty Re: Madeleine McCann: Detective who said parents faked abduction wins libel case

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:30 pm

didge wrote:Amasing after all the evidence we have invented dectives throughout the web claim their guilt and yet the Police find no evidence to say they are .

I wonder who is to believe in a situation?

A bunch of conspiracy crackpots and those hating them because they left their children to go to dinner.

Or the experts

Tough one that lol

Didge firstly claiming Internet information is bullshit....

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Madeleine McCann: Detective who said parents faked abduction wins libel case - Page 2 Empty Re: Madeleine McCann: Detective who said parents faked abduction wins libel case

Post by Guest Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:32 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
didge wrote:Amasing after all the evidence we have invented dectives throughout the web claim their guilt and yet the Police find no evidence to say they are .

I wonder who is to believe in a situation?

A bunch of conspiracy crackpots and those hating them because they left their children to go to dinner.

Or the experts

Tough one that lol

Didge firstly claiming Internet information is bullshit....

Really, evidence from the actual case that you can read online?

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:32 pm

didge wrote:Mainly because the book is full of shit and you do not even need to read it when, all the evidence there is can be found on the web

So you are offering up feeble excuses

Didge now claiming a book of facts written by a senior detective is bullshit but the info on the Internet is the real factual source for info...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:34 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
didge wrote:Mainly because the book is full of shit and you do not even need to read it when, all the evidence there is can be found on the web

So you are offering up feeble excuses

Didge now claiming a book of facts written by a senior detective is bullshit but the info on the Internet is the real factual source for info...

Yes its bullshit and the man has been show to be a fraud also.

What more can you say, when useful idiots rely on a person out to make money for themselves

As why has she not been declared dead

And why have they not been arrested?

take your time

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:38 pm

Have you actually read the book...?

Or do you just rely on stuff you want to believe that you look for on the Internet...?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:40 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

Have you actually read the book...?

Or do you just rely on stuff you want to believe that you look for on the Internet...?

Yes i have read the book

I have also read the evidence of the case

Now

Why has she not been declared dead?

take your time

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:45 pm

Tommy, if there is a book of factual police evidence - written by somebody who was there, and had access to all the stuff the public don't......and people don't want to read it....why are you wasting your time??

Don't bother. The book is there, why are you answering the questions? Save your breath.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:45 pm

eddie wrote:Tommy, if there is a book of factual police evidence - written by somebody who was there, and had access to all the stuff the public don't......and people don't want to read it....why are you wasting your time??

Don't bother. The book is there, why are you answering the questions? Save your breath.

Because its a debate and he is the one avoiding questions

Same goes to you Eddie

Why has she not been declared dead?

take your time

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:56 pm

You didn't read the book Didge becasue we've had this discussion before and you said you never read it and you wouldn't bother becasue it's full of lies.

You're lying.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:57 pm

eddie wrote:You didn't read the book Didge becasue we've had this discussion before and you said you never read it and you wouldn't bother becasue it's full of lies.

You're lying.

Copout alert

Try again

Why has she not been declared dead based on the evidence?

And why have they not been arrested based on the evidence?

Now put up or shut up

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:58 pm

Didge I know you're lying and it's not something I will ever say on a forum becasue I don't keep track of what people say - but I do remember you saying it becasue I said the same thing then as I'm saying now:

Read the book or you have no say.

Your point is MOOT. Razz

And you're a liar.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:59 pm

eddie wrote:Didge I know you're lying and it's not something I will ever say on a forum becasue I don't keep track of what people say - but I do remember you saying it becasue I said the same thing then as I'm saying now:

Read the book or you have no say.

Your point is MOOT. Razz

Copout alert from the immature weasel again

Try again

Now put up or shut up

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:01 pm

So you're admitting that you lied then?

I think you're the one copping out. If yo could read a book that gives facts why wouldn't you?

Come back when you have read it....then put up or shut up yourself.

Now go and put those pants out. They're on fire.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:02 pm

eddie wrote:So you're admitting that you lied then?

I think you're the one copping out. If yo could read a book that gives facts why wouldn't you?

Come back when you have read it....then put up or shut up yourself.

Now go and put those pants out. They're on fire.

Again I have reads the book and its bullshit, I have asked you now 3 times and this will be the fourth

Are you such a pathetic worm you keep doing everything to avoid answering

Stop being a retard and answer

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:03 pm

eddie wrote:Tommy, if there is a book of factual police evidence - written by somebody who was there, and had access to all the stuff the public don't......and people don't want to read it....why are you wasting your time??

Only to tell people to read the book!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:04 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

Only to tell people to read the book!

And not read the evidence for themselves?

Why not read both to gauge a perception, or do you want them to miss many vital facts?

I see you could not answer my previous points

Quelle surprise and even more so you would not even advise people to read the evidence itself

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:07 pm

I'm not going to be reading the book in five minutes am I? Why won't people discuss the case on their own?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:10 pm

If you are interested rags, here is the evidence the Portuguese Collated you can go through yourself if you like

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/TRANSLATIONS.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:14 pm

I read that blood was allegedly found in the hire car. If Maddie's blood was in there - more than three weeks after she died, which seems unlikely since she was obviously not put in it on the day she disappeared - there would also have been blood in the apartment.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:18 pm

The detectives book is the topic of debate here...

The court has ruled that it is not libelous as it is not containing anything that isn't true!!!

Read the book to find out the true facts around the case as documented by the senior investigating detective in it all!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:20 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:The detectives book is the topic of debate here...

The court has ruled that it is not libelous as it is not containing anything that isn't true!!!

Read the book to find out the true facts around the case as documented by the senior investigating detective in it all!!!

No the case is, as his book has been allowed to be sold.

That was all the thread was about and I have no objection to any fiction being sold

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:30 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I'm not going to be reading the book in five minutes am I? Why won't people discuss the case on their own?

If you haven't got an hour or two to read the facts as described/documented by the senior detective in the case... why do you expect me to spend my time answering questions for you about it...!?

Why are you so reluctant to read or believe this senior detectives account of it all... when you seem to have taken time to read so many other bits and pieces about it from places of little or no validity...?
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:31 pm

Which leads us back to why his claims have not been taken seriously

As why would again the British Police not declare her dead based off the evidence?

Or even arrest the parents based off his evidence?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:36 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:I'm not going to be reading the book in five minutes am I? Why won't people discuss the case on their own?

If you haven't got an hour or two to read the facts as described/documented by the senior detective in the case... why do you expect me to spend my time answering questions for you about it...!?

Why are you so reluctant to read or believe this senior detectives account of it all... when you seem to have taken time to read so many other bits and pieces about it from places of little or no validity...?

Because I have other things to do, and reading about other bits doesn't take very long. You mentioned the hire car, so I googled it.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:41 pm

didge wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:The detectives book is the topic of debate here...

That was all the thread was about and I have no objection to any fiction being sold

Dodge... if you want to engage in honest and open debate... first of all you must be 'honest'...!

From the OP...

The Portuguese detective who accused Madeleine McCann's parents of faking their daughter's abduction has won his appeal against a libel ruling
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:44 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
didge wrote:

Dodge... if you want to engage in honest and open debate... first of all you must be 'honest'...!

From the OP...

The Portuguese detective who accused Madeleine McCann's parents of faking their daughter's abduction has won his appeal against a libel ruling

Wins libel case to sell his book, not case to prove they are guilty

Seriously it makes me laugh at times how dumb you are

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:45 pm

Didge are your ears burning....your pants are on fire mate Madeleine McCann: Detective who said parents faked abduction wins libel case - Page 2 3489511464
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:46 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

Because I have other things to do, and reading about other bits doesn't take very long. You mentioned the hire car, so I googled it.

I get pretty fed with people going on about the McCanns.   His book was to try and cover up the fact that the Portugese police royally fucked up the investigation.  As far as I remember they didn't hire the damn car until 2 weeks after she disappeared and the truth is, from proper accounts of that time, they were spending all their time walking the streets looking for her.  No, they should not have left the kids alone, but that is hindsight.  When it happened British parents on holiday all over the world were doing exactly the same thing, and if they had used the hotel service, all that the hotel would have done was exactly what they did, sending someone to check every 20 minutes.   Those parents have the horror of not knowing what has happened to their child, whether she is dead or whether she was taken by the peado ring and has been suffering ever since.   They have spent their lives since trying to make sure she is not forgotten and has every chance to be found.   Most parents would have been to overcome with grief and would have withdrawn into themselves, so good luck to them.   I wouldn't be in their shoes for anything in the world.

Last edited by sassy on Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:46 pm

eddie wrote:Didge are your ears burning....your pants are on fire mate Madeleine McCann: Detective who said parents faked abduction wins libel case - Page 2 3489511464

I am not the one wet from pissing your legs all the time Eddie

I see your level of maturity has not quite yet reached 3

Whats even more astounding is how many posts you can make looking a complete tit avoiding questions posed to you

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:48 pm

didge wrote:
eddie wrote:Didge are your ears burning....your pants are on fire mate Madeleine McCann: Detective who said parents faked abduction wins libel case - Page 2 3489511464

Whats even more astounding is how many posts you can make looking a complete tit avoiding questions posed to you

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:49 pm

sassy wrote:
didge wrote:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am going off her uncontrolled laughter, people generally piss their pants when they do so

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:50 pm

Reported to Ben

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:51 pm

sassy wrote:Reported to Ben

lol I would love to see how anything is wrong with stating that

But be my guest

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:57 pm

Surprised

I WOULDN'T TRUST an embarrassed, incompetent and potentially corrupt former Portuguese "detective" as far as I could kick him...

IF HE IS such a slimy little lowlife, as to write such a book while the case is still open, how could anyone really believe anything that he writes ?

AND TOMMY : that Portuguese court didn't actually "prove" anything, but simply stated that the one appeal judge didn't see anything libelous in the book..
NOT the same thing at all !

AND : for both Tommy and eddie -- how do you actually know that the book is "factual" ? And not just the first installment in the former defective detective's new career as a crime fiction writer ? Suspect
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:58 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:Surprised

I WOULDN'T TRUST an embarrassed, incompetent and potentially corrupt former Portuguese "detective" as far as I could kick him...

IF HE IS such a slimy little lowlife, as to write such a book while the case is still open, how could anyone really believe anything that he writes ?

AND TOMMY :  that Portuguese court didn't actually "prove" anything, but simply stated that the one appeal judge didn't see anything libelous in the book..

AND :  for both Tommy and eddie -- how do you actually know that the book is "factual" ? And not just the first installment in the former defective detective's new career as a crime fiction writer ? Suspect

Well said

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:59 pm

sassy wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I get pretty fed with people going on about the McCanns.   His book was to try and cover up the fact that the Portugese police royally fucked up the investigation.  As far as I remember they didn't hire the damn car until 2 weeks after she disappeared and the truth is, from proper accounts of that time, they were spending all their time walking the streets looking for her.  No, they should not have left the kids alone, but that is hindsight.  When it happened British parents on holiday all over the world were doing exactly the same thing, and if they had used the hotel service, all that the hotel would have done was exactly what they did, sending someone to check every 20 minutes.   Those parents have the horror of not knowing what has happened to their child, whether she is dead or whether she was taken by the peado ring and has been suffering ever since.   They have spent their lives since trying to make sure she is not forgotten and has every chance to be found.   Most parents would have been to overcome with grief and would have withdrawn into themselves, so good luck to them.   I wouldn't be in their shoes for anything in the world.

One of the key pieces of evidence appears to be the reaction of the sniffer dog (Eddie) which reacted to the car. However, if the body of Madeleine had been put in the car, then where had the body been hidden all that time before they hired the car? I read that they hired the car 25 days after she disappeared.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:00 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
sassy wrote:

One of the key pieces of evidence appears to be the reaction of the sniffer dog (Eddie) which reacted to the car. However, if the body of Madeleine had been put in the car, then where had the body been hidden all that time before they hired the car? I read that they hired the car 25 days after she disappeared.

I know, and who is to say that the person who hired it before them did transport their meat supply in it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:03 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
sassy wrote:

First point the blood sample is not even a match.
Second the dog had to be coached towards the car as well.
You should watch the video its embarrassing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:05 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

1 Because I have other things to do, and 2 reading about other bits doesn't take very long. 3 You mentioned the hire car, so I googled it.

1. So do I...
2. Will take longer overall to Google and read loads of little bits about every little bit... and then you will also have read loads of bits of bollocks along the way too, that are intentionally put out there to muddy the waters of what really are the facts and the truth!
3. Was mentioned by someone else first about the possibility of mccanns going somewhere in their car the day after girl vanished... I only said that I don't think they had a hire car until 2-3 weeks after girl vanished... what did you find on Google about it...?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:05 pm

I've also read that this chap is now going to sue the McCanns.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/madeleine-mccanns-parents-to-be-sued-for-damages-by-portuguese-detective-who-won-case-over-a6992566.html
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:08 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

1 Because I have other things to do, and 2 reading about other bits doesn't take very long. 3 You mentioned the hire car, so I googled it.

1. So do I...
2. Will take longer overall to Google and read loads of little bits about every little bit... and then you will also have read loads of bits of bollocks along the way too, that are intentionally put out there to muddy the waters of what really are the facts and the truth!
3. Was mentioned by someone else first about the possibility of mccanns going somewhere in their car the day after girl vanished... I only said that I don't think they had a hire car until 2-3 weeks after girl vanished... what did you find on Google about it...?

I'd already read about the sniffer dog and the car, but when you mentioned the car I wanted to check when they hired it, so I googled it. There are all kinds of stuff about blood/DNA/bodily fluids being allegedly found in it.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:11 pm

didge wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

From the OP...

Been widely published and sold already over the years!

It can only be deemed libelous if content is untrue!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:12 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
didge wrote:

Been widely published and sold already over the years!

It can only be deemed libelous if content is untrue!

Razz

His defence team argued that the book he initially published a year later stemmed from aspects of the police inquiry that local media had already reported – namely investigating the possibility that Madeleine’s parents may have been involved.

A lower court in Lisbon ordered Mr Amaral to pay €500,000 (£395,000) in compensation last year but Monday’s ruling overturned the judgement, and will now be fought by the McCanns in Portugal’s supreme court.

Isabel Duarte, the McCanns’ lawyer, said judges decided he can “write what he wants” but that the couple took the decision in their stride.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:21 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:Surprised

AND TOMMY :  that Portuguese court didn't actually "prove" anything, but simply stated that the one appeal judge didn't see anything libelous in the book..

AND :  for both Tommy and eddie -- how do you actually know that the book is "factual" ? And not just the first installment in the former defective detective's new career as a crime fiction writer ? Suspect

Read the book and you can see for yourself what he wrote... and why he wrote it...!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:06 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

Here is a link to the book...

Chapter 1

http://goncaloamaraltruthofthelie.blogspot.co.uk/2009/06/chapter-1.html?m=1

Links to following chapters can be found at bottom of each page...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:08 pm

And how often do I get warned with spamming posts?

One rule for one I guess

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:21 pm

Come on dodge... are you seriously going to start complaining about others spamming now...!!!???

lol!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:22 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Come on dodge... are you seriously going to start complaining about others spamming now...!!!???

lol!

No Just making a point Tommy at how the rules only apply to some on here

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:36 pm

Anyway... this thread is about the book.

And this can be read here...

Chapter 1

http://goncaloamaraltruthofthelie.blogspot.co.uk/2009/06/chapter-1.html?m=1

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:02 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

1. So do I...

I'd already read about the sniffer dog and the car, but when you mentioned the car I wanted to check when they hired it, so I googled it. There are all kinds of stuff about blood/DNA/bodily fluids being allegedly found in it.

The mccanns hired a car about 3 weeks after the girl vanished...

This car was almost new and had never previously known to have had anyone dead in it etc...

But was later found to contain human remains of dna/bodily fluids with an almost exact match to the missing girl...

Two sniffer dogs also positively identified car... one trained to detect human blood/fluids... the other trained to detect dead bodies!!!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next