NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mother killed pushing her baby daughter away from path of lorry

3 posters

Go down

Mother killed pushing her baby daughter away from path of lorry   Empty Mother killed pushing her baby daughter away from path of lorry

Post by Guest Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:07 am

A mother has been hailed a hero for sacrificing her own life to throw her baby daughter clear of a lorry that then ran her over, killing her instantly.
Lauren Heath managed to thrust Millie, who was strapped into her pink pushchair, out of the path of the HGV that hit her as she walked near her home. Miss Heath, who was planning her daughter's first birthday to be celebrated on Monday with friends and family, died at the roadside after suffering critical injuries.

Members of her family said they would cherish the fact her last act was selflessly saving her daughter, who escaped with minor head injuries.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/04/15/mother-killed-pushing-her-baby-daughter-away-from-path-of-lorry/

Back to top Go down

Mother killed pushing her baby daughter away from path of lorry   Empty Re: Mother killed pushing her baby daughter away from path of lorry

Post by eddie Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:13 am

Oh I hate these stories I really do. What a brave abd beautiful act but that poor bubba now has no mummy.

She's only one year old so thankfully, hopefully, will have no memory of the horrible incident and will also not be too traumatised over it.

Hope her family soon find peace.

(Weirdly, this type of accident is always on my mind when im walking down the road with my daughter; she always walks on the inside (away from the road) and for some reason I am constantly checking out traffic or any vehicle that may mount a pavement.)
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Mother killed pushing her baby daughter away from path of lorry   Empty Re: Mother killed pushing her baby daughter away from path of lorry

Post by Guest Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:24 am

She was very brave to place her daughter first here.
Sadly her daughter has lost her mother.
It terrible to read stories like this, but I think important in memory of them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:15 pm

It says the baby was pulled from underneath the lorry though.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:20 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:It says the baby was pulled from underneath the lorry though.

Which the actions of the mother thus saved the babies life

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:35 pm

didge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:It says the baby was pulled from underneath the lorry though.

If she pushed the baby clear, why was the baby under the lorry?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:42 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
didge wrote:

If she pushed the baby clear, why was the baby under the lorry?

Hang on whilst I get my crystal ball Laughing

No idea, but clearly her actions saved the baby, as she sadly died

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:38 pm

Lauren Heath managed to thrust Millie, who was strapped into her pink pushchair, out of the path of the HGV that hit her as she walked near her home.
Miss Heath, who was planning her daughter's first birthday to be celebrated on Monday with friends and family, died at the roadside after suffering critical injuries.
A male bystander said the woman was trying to cross the road with her baby when the accident happened.

Mother killed pushing her baby daughter away from path of lorry   Go_Fund_Me_for_Lauren_Heath-large_trans++qVzuuqpFlyLIwiB6NTmJwYLjDts982KW4ntPmIQ2lxA
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/04/15/mother-killed-pushing-her-baby-daughter-away-from-path-of-lorry/ 

What a beautiful young 20 yr old mother and her precious little 1 yr old daughter Millie Sad

The other photo showed the curtains that had been erected in front of the 'Aldis' store...perhaps trying to get the pram up and over the curb was what delayed her getting out of the street in time.  witnesses state that the truck didn't appear to be going overly fast --- I just can't imagine that poor mans feelings!  Heart ache galore and such a tragic end, right before Millie's 1yr old birthday too.  UGH

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:46 pm

So incredibly tragic, and the poor man who hit her will never get over it either, even if as appears to be the case he did nothing wrong.
Maybe it's a bad road to cross, whatever the cause it's a sad end to a lovely young mums life.

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down