NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

California School Closes Temporarily After Unvaccinated Student with Measles Exposes Classmates

Go down

California School Closes Temporarily After Unvaccinated Student with Measles Exposes Classmates Empty California School Closes Temporarily After Unvaccinated Student with Measles Exposes Classmates

Post by Guest Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:55 am

In one of those stories that no one could possibly have predicted, a California charter school had to temporarily close down because an unvaccinated student contracted measles overseas and returned to the classroom. In the process, other students — including some whose parents also chose to forgo immunization for their children — were exposed.

California School Closes Temporarily After Unvaccinated Student with Measles Exposes Classmates Shutterstock_227904523

We have one confirmed case of measles associated with international travel in an unvaccinated individual. We have not had any other suspect reports of measles so far,” Nevada County Public Health Officer Dr. Ken Cutler said.
The child has fully recovered, but many people were exposed, including other unvaccinated students at the school, health officials said.

While the school was scheduled to re-open on Wednesday, only vaccinated students were allowed back — the other exposed students will have to wait until April 8 in order to prevent any potential outbreaks.
That means a lot of kids will be stuck home for a long time, since over half of the students are unvaccinated.
Many people are suspicious of vaccinations in Nevada County where only 77 percent of the kids are vaccinated compared to the state wide average of 92 percent. And at Yuba River Charter School, fully half the students attending on March 17th when the exposure occurred were not vaccinated for measles.

Under California law, parents are required to immunize their children. However, the mandate isn’t fully in effect until later in the year.
Measles is a highly contagious, viral respiratory disease that results in 146,000 deaths worldwide each year, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. It can be prevented with the MMR (measles, mumps, and rubella) vaccine, which nearly all California students will be required to receive for the 2016-2017 school year under a strict vaccine law passed in the state legislature last year.

Under the law effective July 1, parents citing religious or personal reasons will no longer be exempt from immunizing their children enrolled in California’s public and private schools. Parents may opt their child out of immunizations like the MMR vaccine only for medical reasons, or they may homeschool them.

As preventable incidents like this one demonstrate, the law will have a positive impact on ensuring that children are protected from preventable diseases — and the fallout that exposure entails.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2016/03/31/california-school-closes-temporarily-after-unvaccinated-student-with-measles-exposes-classmates/

Back to top Go down

California School Closes Temporarily After Unvaccinated Student with Measles Exposes Classmates Empty Re: California School Closes Temporarily After Unvaccinated Student with Measles Exposes Classmates

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:27 pm

Interesting. Are these people not getting the children vaccinated because they can't be bothered, or because they think the MMR is harmful? If it's the latter, I think there will be a problem.

Despite the lack of evidence, it seems to me that three lots of vaccine at the same time is a lot for the immune system to deal with.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

California School Closes Temporarily After Unvaccinated Student with Measles Exposes Classmates Empty Re: California School Closes Temporarily After Unvaccinated Student with Measles Exposes Classmates

Post by Guest Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:31 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Interesting. Are these people not getting the children vaccinated because they can't be bothered, or because they think the MMR is harmful? If it's the latter, I think there will be a problem.

Despite the lack of evidence, it seems to me that three lots of vaccine at the same time is a lot for the immune system to deal with.

If there is no evidence, then how do you come to your conclusion?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:32 pm

Didge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Interesting. Are these people not getting the children vaccinated because they can't be bothered, or because they think the MMR is harmful? If it's the latter, I think there will be a problem.

Common sense. Also, there are still people who are absolutely convinced that the MMR gave their kid problems, and they are quite vocal, so others are probably very wary.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:35 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Didge wrote:

Common sense. Also, there are still people who are absolutely convinced that the MMR gave their kid problems, and they are quite vocal, so others are probably very wary.

What common sense?

So people who are not experts, is the bases for your claim and based on their non expertise?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:42 pm

Didge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

What common sense?

So people who are not experts, is the bases for your claim and based on their non expertise?

It doesn't matter whether they're experts or not - they're convinced that the MMR caused problems, and that's what counts. There have been deaths connected to over-vaccinating.

MMR is banned in Japan apparently.

As I say, there's no real evidence that it's harmful, but try convincing everyone of that.
Why not not make the vaccines separate? That would probably allay a lot of fears.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:44 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Didge wrote:

What common sense?

It doesn't matter whether they're experts or not - they're convinced that the MMR caused problems, and that's what counts. There have been deaths connected to over-vaccinating.

As I say, there's no real evidence that it's harmful, but try convincing everyone of that.
Why not not make the vaccines separate? That would probably allay a lot of fears.

You said based on common sense

Your reason is based off parents with no idea what a problem has been caused by where they then associate this based off a jab.
That is not common sense, that is having only faith in their claim.

I believe people read falsified claims and then convince themselves that anything they perceive health wise is wrong with their child is based on them having faith in false claims, and then wrongly associate this to the jab.

Belief is not common sense

See what I did there?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:49 pm

Didge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Your reason is based off parents with no idea what a problem has been caused by where they then associate this based off a jab.

I believe people read falsified claims and then convince themselves that anything they perceive health wise is wrong with their child is based on them having faith in false claims, and then wrongly associate this to the jab.

Common sense tells me that encouraging antibodies to three different viruses at once could lead to problems in some people, yes. It's just an opinion.

Why force someone to do something they believe is harmful?

Should the entire population be vaccinated against flu every year or be banned from going out in public? Once again, it's anecdotal, but so many people say they got bad flu symptoms after getting the jab.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:51 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Didge wrote:

Common sense tells me that encouraging antibodies to three different viruses at once could lead to problems in some people, yes. It's just an opinion.
based on nothing scientific, just a belief
A belief is not common sense again

Why force someone to do something they believe is harmful?
Again how is it harmful?
You are making more claims based on a belief, not evidence

Should the entire population be vaccinated against flu every year or be banned from going out in public? Once again, it's anecdotal, but so many people say they got bad flu symptoms after getting the jab.

Where has anyone advocated any of the above.

I tell you one thing.
As an asthmatic and that I am entitled to have a flue jab each year, I have not suffered with flu now for 5 years

Take that as you will

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:59 pm

I've never had a flu jab, and I haven't had flu since the Iraq invasion. I've been advised to have one, but so far I haven't had one.

The point is that there's no sense in forcing people to have certain medical procedures if it's going to make them uncomfortable or worried.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down