NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A terrorist attack has happened in Europe. Let the standard response begin…

+6
Ben Reilly
Raggamuffin
Victorismyhero
Miffs2
Original Quill
nicko
10 posters

Go down

A terrorist attack has happened in Europe. Let the standard response begin… Empty A terrorist attack has happened in Europe. Let the standard response begin…

Post by Guest Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:10 am

A terrorist attack has happened in Europe. Let the standard response begin… Br

Well at least we all know the form by now.  This morning Islamist suicide-bombers struck one of the few European capitals they haven’t previously hit in a mass-casualty terrorist attack. The standard response now goes as follows.  First the body parts of innocent people are flung across airport check-ins or underground trains.  Briefly there is some shock.  On social media the sentimentalists await the arrival of this atrocity’s cutesy hashtag or motif and hope it will tide them over until the piano man arrives at the scene of the attack to sing ‘Imagine there’s no countries’.  Meantime someone will hopefully have said something which a lot of people can condemn as ‘inappropriate’.  I see that the Telegraphcolumnist Allison Pearson was this morning’s Twitter miscreant, foolish enough to say in the wake of the Brussels attack that the EU might not make us very safe.  One may agree or disagree with this sentiment, but Ms Pearson should have known that the only acceptable thing to do after a suicide bomber detonates beside the European Commission is to acclaim the Commission as one of the few entities able to keep us safe.

We will shortly move to the next phase, which is to find a good news story amid the rubble.  Anything will do, but best of all is a Muslim good news story.  After Paris it was swiftly reported that one of the suicide bombers at Stade de France had been turned away by a brave Muslim security guard.  The story whizzed around the world before anyone could check whether it was true.  It wasn’t.  But people needed it to be.  Not because Muslims don’t do good deeds, but because in the wake of any Islamist terrorist attack people need people opposed to the bombers to be Muslim and the bombers themselves not to be Muslim.  Then the good Muslim can represent Islam while the bad Muslims can be said to have nothing to do with it.

Soon we will move to the next phase, during which broadcast media will ask questions that address no major points.  So in the UK the government’s Communications Data Bill will get quite a lot of mentions.  We will probably also have another round of the old discussion about Control Orders versus TPIMs.  This will most likely be first raised by a Labour politician hoping to look tough. Everywhere on the media people will start to talk of ‘radicalisation’ as though it is something you can get from the water, and experts will claim insight into the ‘paths to extremism’.  Nicky Morgan will announce that the Prevent agenda should be extended to encompass pre-kindergarten.  A year later she will close some Quaker-run nursery.

Meanwhile other people will change the subject over to the question of Belgium’s unacceptably interventionist foreign policy.  Others will get onto Israel-Palestine.  At around the same time the Corbynite-wing of the Labour party will get onto their favourite subject which is not dead bodies in airports but people who have been looked at meanly on a bus while wearing a headscarf.  By at least tomorrow the story of a savage ‘backlash’ (consisting mainly of stares and horrible things written on social media) will be being talked-up by all mainstream Muslim leaders.  By Thursday no one will be talking about the victims.

Meanwhile Twitter will reprise some version of the post-Sydney ‘I’ll ride with you’ meme (based on a fib) or the ‘You ain’t no Muslim, bruv’ which was shouted during December’s Leytonstone attack by a non-Muslim and briefly acclaimed by everyone from the Prime Minister down as one of the finest expressions ever of the English spirit and language. This is how it goes in Europe now.  Everything barely worth saying will be said endlessly.  And the only things that are worth saying won’t be said.  What are those things?  Among other things the fact that we are living with the consequences of an immigration and ‘integration’ fantasy which should have been abandoned years ago.  Instead our governments have kept pretending that the weakening of Europe’s external borders and the erosion of its internal borders happening at the same time as one of the largest population replacement exercises in history could have no tangible effects on our continent’s future.  They pretend that Britain will always be Britain, France will always be France, Sweden will always be Sweden and Belgium will always be Belgium.
But perhaps we do learn some things. Albeit silently. A decade ago, after every attack, the pundits used to point to places where mass immigration, integration and open borders were meant to have worked.  After London people said ‘What can we learn from France’.  After Paris they said ‘What can we learn from the Swedish model.’  Nobody cites Sweden anymore.  In fact nobody looks to anyone else’s model anymore.  Because all of the ‘models’ failed.  So here we are – stuck with a problem our politicians have given us and to which they have no answers.  Perhaps all this pointless chatter is just what people do to distract themselves before they have to face up to that fact.

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2016/03/a-terrorist-attack-has-happened-in-europe-let-the-standard-response-begin/

Back to top Go down

A terrorist attack has happened in Europe. Let the standard response begin… Empty Re: A terrorist attack has happened in Europe. Let the standard response begin…

Post by nicko Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:55 am

That was very true, but no politicion has the guts to do what needs doing. If I say what needs doing the cries of "RACIST" will be deafening .
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

A terrorist attack has happened in Europe. Let the standard response begin… Empty Re: A terrorist attack has happened in Europe. Let the standard response begin…

Post by Original Quill Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:38 pm

nicko wrote:That was very true,   but no politicion has the guts to do what needs doing.   If I say what needs doing the cries of "RACIST" will be deafening .

I take that means you favor some sort of classification of people by race? Then what? Genocide?

Why do I not think I'll feel better?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:02 pm

nicko wrote:That was very true,   but no politicion has the guts to do what needs doing.   If I say what needs doing the cries of "RACIST" will be deafening .

Agreed. The article is spot on regarding many points, this is evidenced if you watch any uk rolling news.
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:10 pm

\i can add one more thing

any solution offered that has the slightest chance of being effective and giving the slightest measure of security will be shouted down by lefty berks with zero brains as "what next genocide"? Hyperbole being the stock response of the addle pated

oh.......wait.....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:14 pm

The usual things have already been said. The bombing was described as a "tragedy", and it was announced there will be three days of "mourning" and there's talk of a minute's silence.

To me, a tragedy is an accident, not the deliberate murder of civilians just trying to catch a plane or train. What good will three days of mourning do? Make people feel they're being virtuous or something? What happens after the minute's silence is up? People will just carry on with their shopping or whatever they were doing.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:29 pm

Quill, who gives a fuck what you think? you are miles away from bombing, shooting and murderous Muslims,
But you still have to put your oar in and show your ignorance to what is happening in Europe.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:31 pm

Lord Foul wrote:\i can add one more thing

any solution offered that has the slightest chance of being effective and giving the slightest measure of security will be shouted down by lefty berks with zero brains as  "what next genocide"?  Hyperbole being the stock response of the addle pated

oh.......wait.....

And that's a good thing, I hasten to add. Zero brains is better than minus-100 in the IQ department, such as we have with the RW.

The RW is dedicated to two things: 1) screwing people over; and 2) starting wars and killing babies. Only the left makes progress in helping people...hence the name progressive.

And even then, half of our effort must go to getting the RW out of their frivolous wars and disastrous economic depressions.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:34 pm

nicko wrote:Quill, who gives a fuck what you think? you are miles away from bombing, shooting and murderous Muslims,
But you still have to put your oar in and show your ignorance to what is happening in Europe.

You do! Or you wouldn't have written.

Whatta ya think you are going to accomplished by killing everyone on the block? After you have killed them and their families, and they have killed you and your families, write back and tell me how good you feel.

I'll await the post.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:39 pm

The most predictable response is the right's reaction, in which we once again have to hear all sorts of awful blanket proposals to punish innocent Muslims for the crimes of the guilty.

But we never hear these sorts of proposals when white men kill scores of people:

Dylann Roof. Adam Lanza. James Holmes. Jared Loughner. Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold.
Their names stir painful memories and conjure images of hate and violence. The killers have other characteristics in common too: They either were, or are, young, white and male.
Are young, white men more likely than anyone else to become mass murderers?

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/27/us/mass-shootings/

Once again it's proven that whether we're talking mass murder or pedophilia, the right would prefer that white people do those things rather than non-whites. Or, at the very least, that the right won't make white mass shootings into a "symptom of a larger problem within the community" the way they will with non-whites.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:46 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:\i can add one more thing

any solution offered that has the slightest chance of being effective and giving the slightest measure of security will be shouted down by lefty berks with zero brains as  "what next genocide"?  Hyperbole being the stock response of the addle pated

oh.......wait.....

And that's a good thing, I hasten to add.  Zero brains is better than minus-100 in the IQ department, such as we have with the RW.

The RW is dedicated to two things: 1) screwing people over; and 2) starting wars and killing babies.  Only the left makes progress in helping people...hence the name progressive.  

And even then, half of our effort must go to getting the RW out of their frivolous wars and disastrous economic depressions.

You mean the right will do the right thing when they or others lives are under threat. This may sadly cause some civilian casualties as collateral damage. Though this is far removed from the lefty, who advocates no armed response to a real threat and  sits back, whilst watching babies being butchered in their thousand. In an already on going conflict which has already seen the loss of half a million lives for example in Syria. The lefty approach of being incompetent, failing to understand that there is a war already and that the west is engaged against extremist factions involved in these wars. Who have no care who are how many they kill, with a belief that it is the surest way to heaven to kill as many people as possible. As their faith again legitimizes the death of people they judge and find guilty of transgressions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:52 pm

actually you are wrong ben...

the "thinking" right would rather nobody did these things...

but by the same token we dont see the sense in wilfully adding to the situation....moreover doing so in an uncontrolled and blind manner....

letting the lions in through the gate and waiting till one bites to shoot it is not a good option...

better to make em all toothless and claw less first....

or not let em in at all.....

you also miss the fact that leftyism is one (possibly only moderate) reason for the spread of these things...

I mean just who is it that whinges when strict and ferocious punishments for crimes is suggested....

that would be the ....left

and once again I suggest your mileage may vary on that side of the pond.....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:33 pm

Original Quill wrote:
nicko wrote:Quill, who gives a fuck what you think? you are miles away from bombing, shooting and murderous Muslims,

You do!  Or you wouldn't have written.

Whatta ya think you are going to accomplished by killing everyone on the block?  After you have killed them and their families, and they have killed you and your families, write back and tell me how good you feel.

I'll await the post.

I agree Quill

the West should cut Europe a drift, we all know they'll just start another great war like the dumb asses ALWAYS DO.
Let it sink back into the 2 bit hill shepherd societies they so clearly aspire to be. 

I think If you asked Nicko if the Uk should be like the USA or Iran he'd say Iran since they Follow their traditions over common sense.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:39 pm

I notice the left actually havent got any idea what to do...except shout down any ideas that are suggested....

one presumes they would simply bend over and get shafted ....one assumes that they would be the first in the queue to hand over their daughters as sex slaves

I have , in ALL the pages posted here , never...ever ...seen any suggestion of what actually to do about the situation except wearing sack cloth and ashes and surrendering, comming from the left.....

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:55 pm

no we all worked together to create a united federations of states with strong boarders we didn't piss pants about fighting with each other and our neighbours about some fucking stupid traditions. (even the USA stopped that over 100 years ago)

IF you had worked to make the EU work this never would have happend But Morons wanted to Remains British nationals rather than Europeans in the state of Britian.

You have made this bed you lie in by letting cowards like Stormee and Tommy lead the debate.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:59 pm

Lord Foul wrote:I notice the left actually havent got any idea what to do...except shout down any ideas that are suggested....

one presumes they would simply bend over and get shafted ....one assumes that they would be the first in the queue to hand over their daughters as sex slaves

I have , in ALL the pages posted here , never...ever ...seen any suggestion of what actually to do about the situation except wearing sack cloth and ashes and surrendering, comming from the left.....

We're open to any ideas, as long as it isn't genocidal revenge. Most of this RW talk is motivated, not by any intelligent plan, but by a knee-jerk wish for vengance.

Frankly, that's a waste of my time.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:05 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:I notice the left actually havent got any idea what to do...except shout down any ideas that are suggested....

We're open to any ideas, as long as it isn't genocidal revenge.  Most of this RW talk is motivated, not by any intelligent plan, but by a knee-jerk wish for vengance.

But you havnt actually GOT any ...thats the point....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:18 pm

Idea 1
give enough money to the boarder states of the United States of Europe to stem the flow and process them properly.

Idea 2
intergrate properly. which means making sure that people like stomree realise that they are less desired by society that the minorities they attack.

Idea 3
Just send an army in and Take Syria, spend the money to rebuild it. In the process create meaningful ties to the region and end the stupid 'tradition' of hositilies between the hill shepherds of Europe and the middle east.... This requires not being ---- so I dont really think Europe can manage it.  Neutral
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:23 pm

Lord Foul wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

We're open to any ideas, as long as it isn't genocidal revenge.  Most of this RW talk is motivated, not by any intelligent plan, but by a knee-jerk wish for vengance.

But you havnt actually GOT any ...thats the point....

I'm not in that business. I will say don't waste my time with those little scripts on revenge.

This is a time for serious people, and the time is up for that nonsense.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:50 pm

Didge wrote:

Well at least we all know the form by now.  This morning Islamist suicide-bombers struck one of the few European capitals they haven’t previously hit in a mass-casualty terrorist attack. The standard response now goes as follows.  First the body parts of innocent people are flung across airport check-ins or underground trains.  Briefly there is some shock.  On social media the sentimentalists await the arrival of this atrocity’s cutesy hashtag or motif and hope it will tide them over until the piano man arrives at the scene of the attack to sing ‘Imagine there’s no countries’.  Meantime someone will hopefully have said something which a lot of people can condemn as ‘inappropriate’.  I see that the Telegraphcolumnist Allison Pearson was this morning’s Twitter miscreant, foolish enough to say in the wake of the Brussels attack that the EU might not make us very safe.  One may agree or disagree with this sentiment, but Ms Pearson should have known that the only acceptable thing to do after a suicide bomber detonates beside the European Commission is to acclaim the Commission as one of the few entities able to keep us safe.

We will shortly move to the next phase, which is to find a good news story amid the rubble.  Anything will do, but best of all is a Muslim good news story.  After Paris it was swiftly reported that one of the suicide bombers at Stade de France had been turned away by a brave Muslim security guard.  The story whizzed around the world before anyone could check whether it was true.  It wasn’t.  But people needed it to be.  Not because Muslims don’t do good deeds, but because in the wake of any Islamist terrorist attack people need people opposed to the bombers to be Muslim and the bombers themselves not to be Muslim.  Then the good Muslim can represent Islam while the bad Muslims can be said to have nothing to do with it.

Soon we will move to the next phase, during which broadcast media will ask questions that address no major points.  So in the UK the government’s Communications Data Bill will get quite a lot of mentions.  We will probably also have another round of the old discussion about Control Orders versus TPIMs.  This will most likely be first raised by a Labour politician hoping to look tough. Everywhere on the media people will start to talk of ‘radicalisation’ as though it is something you can get from the water, and experts will claim insight into the ‘paths to extremism’.  Nicky Morgan will announce that the Prevent agenda should be extended to encompass pre-kindergarten.  A year later she will close some Quaker-run nursery.

Meanwhile other people will change the subject over to the question of Belgium’s unacceptably interventionist foreign policy.  Others will get onto Israel-Palestine.  At around the same time the Corbynite-wing of the Labour party will get onto their favourite subject which is not dead bodies in airports but people who have been looked at meanly on a bus while wearing a headscarf.  By at least tomorrow the story of a savage ‘backlash’ (consisting mainly of stares and horrible things written on social media) will be being talked-up by all mainstream Muslim leaders.  By Thursday no one will be talking about the victims.

Meanwhile Twitter will reprise some version of the post-Sydney ‘I’ll ride with you’ meme (based on a fib) or the ‘You ain’t no Muslim, bruv’ which was shouted during December’s Leytonstone attack by a non-Muslim and briefly acclaimed by everyone from the Prime Minister down as one of the finest expressions ever of the English spirit and language. This is how it goes in Europe now.  Everything barely worth saying will be said endlessly.  And the only things that are worth saying won’t be said.  What are those things?  Among other things the fact that we are living with the consequences of an immigration and ‘integration’ fantasy which should have been abandoned years ago.  Instead our governments have kept pretending that the weakening of Europe’s external borders and the erosion of its internal borders happening at the same time as one of the largest population replacement exercises in history could have no tangible effects on our continent’s future.  They pretend that Britain will always be Britain, France will always be France, Sweden will always be Sweden and Belgium will always be Belgium.
But perhaps we do learn some things. Albeit silently. A decade ago, after every attack, the pundits used to point to places where mass immigration, integration and open borders were meant to have worked.  After London people said ‘What can we learn from France’.  After Paris they said ‘What can we learn from the Swedish model.’  Nobody cites Sweden anymore.  In fact nobody looks to anyone else’s model anymore.  Because all of the ‘models’ failed.  So here we are – stuck with a problem our politicians have given us and to which they have no answers.  Perhaps all this pointless chatter is just what people do to distract themselves before they have to face up to that fact.

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2016/03/a-terrorist-attack-has-happened-in-europe-let-the-standard-response-begin/

Good article... would have posted it myself if i'd seen it... was thinking much the same earlier today...!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:21 am

Lord Foul wrote:actually you are wrong ben...

but by the same token we dont see the sense in wilfully adding to the situation....moreover doing so in an uncontrolled and blind manner....

letting the lions in through the gate and waiting till one bites to shoot it is not a good option...

you also miss the fact that leftyism is one (possibly only moderate) reason for the spread of these things...

I mean just who is it that whinges when strict and ferocious punishments for crimes is suggested....

And, once again you suggest that punishment isn't harsh enough ... In spite of all the studies showing that harsh punishment just makes for a harsher criminal.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:29 am

Our prisons are like holiday camps compared to yours Ben. ..

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:45 am

Tommy Monk wrote:Our prisons are like holiday camps compared to yours Ben. ..

Our prisons have become centres for radicalisation.
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:15 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:actually you are wrong ben...

And, once again you suggest that punishment isn't harsh enough ...  In spite of all the studies showing that harsh punishment just makes for a harsher criminal.

and those same studies show that "soft punishments" lead to huge levels of recedivism because they know they can get away lightly with things... A terrorist attack has happened in Europe. Let the standard response begin… 2190311264
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:18 am

veya_victaous wrote:Idea 1
give enough money to the boarder states of the United States of Europe to stem the flow and process them properly.

Idea 2
intergrate properly. which means making sure that people like stomree realise that they are less desired by society that the minorities they attack.

Idea 3
Just send an army in and Take Syria, spend the money to rebuild it. In the process create meaningful ties to the region and end the stupid 'tradition' of hositilies between the hill shepherds of Europe and the middle east.... This requires not being ---- so I dont really think Europe can manage it.  Neutral

Integration has to work both ways, and that's key to ending all this shit.    This woman kind of nails it.  

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3507086/Why-no-one-admit-way-western-Muslims-raise-children-fomenting-terror.html
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:17 pm

Miffs2 wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:Our prisons are like holiday camps compared to yours Ben. ..

That's because of the huge number of nice friendly Muslims that are in there for their high rates of crime!!!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:59 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:Idea 1

Idea 2

Idea 3

Integration has to work both ways, and that's key to ending all this shit.    This woman kind of nails it.  

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3507086/Why-no-one-admit-way-western-Muslims-raise-children-fomenting-terror.html

Horatio this is quite a good debating point and a pretty good article (for the Daily Mail!).
I'm going to make a separate thread about it for you.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:01 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Miffs2 wrote:

That's because of the huge number of nice friendly Muslims that are in there for their high rates of crime!!!

Same with the Irish.  Face it, all we accomplish by sending so many to prison is to give them a post-graduate education in crime.  Fact is, prisons inevitably are placed around the butt-hole of society, where disease and pestilence collect.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:36 pm

So don't send them to Prison, shoot 'em.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:49 pm

nicko wrote:So don't send them to Prison, shoot 'em.

Or chop off their hands and legs, like the arabs.

You determine the punishment. All I'm saying is that prisons are a breeding ground for what's wrong.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:19 pm

Your quite right Quill, over here Muslims in prison form their own gangs and force other prisoners to convert to Islam. Why they are not separated and sent to different prisons I do not know.

If it did happen they'd scream it's against their "human rights"
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:33 pm

Honestly now, let's hear one idea from the right that would actually work. Let's take a look at right-wing "solutions" to terrorist attacks:

* "Police Muslim communities" - Ted Cruz

* "Ban Muslims entering and create a national Muslim registry" - Donald Trump

* "Invade a country that had nothing to do with 9/11" - George W. Bush

How did Bill Clinton respond to the World Trade Center attack of 1993? He put together a team of 300 FBI agents who did their thing, and only one person we believe was involved in the attack is (possibly) living free -- Abdul Rahman Yasin, who fled to Iraq but hasn't been seen since just before the 2003 invasion.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:08 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Honestly now, let's hear one idea from the right that would actually work. Let's take a look at right-wing "solutions" to terrorist attacks:

* "Police Muslim communities" - Ted Cruz

* "Ban Muslims entering and create a national Muslim registry" - Donald Trump

* "Invade a country that had nothing to do with 9/11" - George W. Bush

How did Bill Clinton respond to the World Trade Center attack of 1993? He put together a team of 300 FBI agents who did their thing, and only one person we believe was involved in the attack is (possibly) living free -- Abdul Rahman Yasin, who fled to Iraq but hasn't been seen since just before the 2003 invasion.
They are all Americans. These attacks are in Europe. Can you imagine if these atrocities were happening in mainland America ?
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:11 pm

lets hear one idea....let alone one that would work...from the left?
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:16 pm

How about Bill Clinton's idea, a huge investigative team that got all but one of the conspirators?

And Nems, yeah, I can kind of imagine what it was like to have a huge terrorist attack on the U.S. mainland:

A terrorist attack has happened in Europe. Let the standard response begin… 120917-9_11_wmain
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:19 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:How about Bill Clinton's idea, a huge investigative team that got all but one of the conspirators?

And Nems, yeah, I can kind of imagine what it was like to have a huge terrorist attack on the U.S. mainland:

A terrorist attack has happened in Europe. Let the standard response begin… 120917-9_11_wmain

erm...too late?

a huge investigative team doesnt STOP the problem...merely places a legitimised "band aid" on it and allows it to continue...

what GOOD did that "getting the conspirators" do the victims...none...
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:21 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:How about Bill Clinton's idea, a huge investigative team that got all but one of the conspirators?

Well we shall leave the conspiracy theories to one side on this occasion and say yes most would agree that 9/11 marked the day America got a taste of terrorism. 

So imagine what it's like to live with that threat day after day. If this was happening in America you would have a totally different view.
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:43 pm

Lord Foul wrote:

erm...too late?

a huge investigative team doesnt STOP the problem...merely places a legitimised "band aid" on it and allows it to continue...

what GOOD did that "getting the conspirators" do the victims...none...

It did help potential future victims.

Investigation by traditional law enforcement and national security agencies has prevented major terrorist attacks: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_New_York_City_Subway_and_United_Kingdom_plot

So let's do that more?

Let's not invade any countries. That just creates more jihadis: http://www.brookings.edu/research/articles/2007/07/iraqterrorism
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down