NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Has anyone seen them yet?

+2
Ben Reilly
Irn Bru
6 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Has anyone seen them yet? - Page 2 Empty Has anyone seen them yet?

Post by Irn Bru Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:58 am

First topic message reminder :

Anywhere?
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Has anyone seen them yet? - Page 2 Empty Re: Has anyone seen them yet?

Post by Irn Bru Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:01 pm

sphinx wrote:Oh and should not the whole thing be dependent on what the majority of the electorate want done anyway?

I'm all for a referendum on that and if there is one then we will stay in the EU warts an' all. Imo
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:08 pm

This article from the Spectator magazine says what many of us are thinking...

So there was no great rush of arrivals from Romania and Bulgaria on day one – nor was there ever likely to be. The numbers will build steadily as they did from Poland in 2004.

How many is another question. The key difference with Poland is that other countries, notably Germany, France, The Netherlands and Austria will be opening their labour markets at the same time; other members have already done so.

The other major difference is that about a million, mainly Romanians, have already gone to Spain and a similar number to Italy. In Spain unemployment is now about 25% and youth unemployment is just over 50%; the same figures for Italy are 12% and 33%. There must be at least a possibility that some will head North, as indeed some young Italians and Spaniards themselves are already doing.

Certainly there will be strong financial incentives to do so. We calculate that a single Romanian or Bulgarian worker in Spain or Italy could increase his or her take home pay by 40-50% by moving to the UK.

For a worker with a spouse and two children the effect would be even stronger. At present they are already roughly three times better off in these countries than in their home countries. If they were to move North that would become a factor of four times in France, five in Germany or The Netherlands and six in the UK.

This is not a question of benefit tourism. It is the effect of working tax credits which, originally intended to lift the low paid out of poverty, are now available to all such workers from the EU.

The fundamental mistake, made during the accession negotiations with Poland and others, was to open not only our labour markets but also our benefit systems to one hundred million people whose standard of living is about one quarter of ours. Britain, with a non contributory benefit system, is particularly vulnerable.

So what can now be done? An attempt to renegotiate free movement of labour will never fly. It would be contrary to the basic principle of free movement and would undermine the single market which we strongly support. A delay of several years before EU citizens qualify for benefits in another member state might just get off the ground. This would reduce the economic incentives but would not remove them.

The stakes are high. If Romanians and Bulgarians do arrive at 50,000 a year (our central estimate), and if net migration from elsewhere in the EU continues at its current rate of about 100,000 a year, there will be definite tension between control of our borders and continued membership of the EU. That could get interesting.

Sir Andrew Green is Chairman of Migration Watch.

....I don't believe that anyone really thought that millions of them would arrive here in one day as that may have caused a bit of a problem at the airports etc.......But the buggers have plenty of insentive to come here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:09 pm

Sassy wrote:
Shady wrote:

Good evening Irn Bru.

If that's what you want to believe about immigration then do so.But not everyone thinks the same & immigration is one thing while creeping invasion is another.

Yep, they have been saying that for hundreds of years about everyone who has come here.

No, this is a myth.

As another poster keeps on insisting, we've had immigration for thousands of years, we're not the real indigenous people, we were all black once and the country would fall apart if another 20 million don't come here in the next 5 years.

What has happened in the past 15 years has NEVER happened before and the British population have never been this p155ed off with the situation!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:12 pm

Really, is that why they killed all the Jews in York Cathedral?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:13 pm

Sassy wrote:
Shady wrote:

Good evening Irn Bru.

If that's what you want to believe about immigration then do so.But not everyone thinks the same & immigration is one thing while creeping invasion is another.

Yep, they have been saying that for hundreds of years about everyone who has come here.

So what? Once upon a time the UKs population was much smaller than it is now which meant that immigrants were swallowed up,so to speak.

The UK is a totally different place to what it was years ago & has for time been unable to cope with the increase in population.How many more people should the UK accept before you feel it's full Sassy?....Another 5 million? What about 100 million? Will you then say that's enough?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:18 pm

People will come and people will go, its the way of the world. Personally I'd take all the borders down. I don't believe in nationalities, they are man made and cause dissent and bitterness. And no, I don't think patriotism is a good thing either. I'm a human being first and foremost who happened to be born in this country. The world is my country, not this tiny little bit of it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:18 pm

Shady wrote:
Sassy wrote:

So what? Once upon a time the UKs population was much smaller than it is now which meant that immigrants were swallowed up,so to speak.

The UK is a totally different place to what it was years ago & has for time  been unable to cope with the increase in population.How many more people should the UK accept before you feel it's full Sassy?....Another 5 million? What about 100 million? Will you then say that's enough?

sassy, like a lot of old people, does not care any more.

It is the younger generation who have to worry, who have to work until we drop, who have to pay for the older generation's waste and mistakes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:19 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Shady wrote:

The UK is a totally different place to what it was years ago & has for time  been unable to cope with the increase in population.How many more people should the UK accept before you feel it's full Sassy?....Another 5 million? What about 100 million? Will you then say that's enough?

sassy, like a lot of old people, does not care any more.

It is the younger generation who have to worry, who have to work until we drop, who have to pay for the older generation's waste and mistakes.

Don't be so ridiculous Andy, have you not seen the polls that say the ones who are NOT worried about it and want to stay in the EU are the 25s - 35s.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:24 pm

Sassy wrote:People will come and people will go, its the way of the world.   Personally I'd take all the borders down.   I don't believe in nationalities, they are man made and cause dissent and bitterness.   And no, I don't think patriotism is a good thing either.   I'm a human being first and foremost who happened to be born in this country.   The world is my country, not this tiny little bit of it.

Sassy that's a romantic way of looking at the situation but a tad impracticable of you don't mind me saying.Sure people come & go as humanity is still in the process of spreading out from Africa but at the moment,I just feel that there are too many people in the kitchen & someone has got shut the door for a while.

Hey Sassy why don't come & live in Cornwall? You'd love the pasties.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:27 pm

From November 2013

Centre for research and Analysis of Migration

Two separate research papers by UCL academics published today highlight the evidence of the fiscal costs and benefits of recent immigration to the UK, as well as the difficulties with the government’s net migration target.

Recent Immigration to the UK: New evidence of the fiscal costs and benefits

UK immigrants who arrived since 2000 are less likely to receive benefits and less likely to live in social housing than UK natives. What’s more, over the decade from 2001 to 2011, they made a considerable positive net contribution to the UK’s fiscal system, and thus helped to relieve the fiscal burden on UK-born workers.

The positive contribution is particularly evident for UK immigrants from the European Economic Area (EEA – the European Union plus three small neighbours): they contributed about 34% more in taxes than they received in benefits over the period 2001-11.

More here...

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/news/news-articles/1113/05112013-ucl-migration-research-salt-dustmann
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:29 pm

Well Shady, I just love Cornwall, lived in the West Country for 16 years. The best pasties is from Fowey me lad, the swans are quite partial to them as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:30 pm

Irn Bru wrote:From November 2013

Two separate research papers by UCL academics published today highlight the evidence of the fiscal costs and benefits of recent immigration to the UK, as well as the difficulties with the government’s net migration target.

UK immigrants who arrived since 2000 are less likely to receive benefits and less likely to live in social housing than UK natives. What’s more, over the decade from 2001 to 2011, they made a considerable positive net contribution to the UK’s fiscal system, and thus helped to relieve the fiscal burden on UK-born workers.

The positive contribution is particularly evident for UK immigrants from the European Economic Area (EEA – the European Union plus three small neighbours): they contributed about 34% more in taxes than they received in benefits over the period 2001-11.

More here...

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/news/news-articles/1113/05112013-ucl-migration-research-salt-dustmann

There you go, what would we do without them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:33 pm

Sassy wrote:Well Shady, I just love Cornwall, lived in the West Country for 16 years.   The best pasties is from Fowey me lad, the swans are quite partial to them as well.

Don't you read the signs missus? DON'T FEED THE BIRDS!! ESPECIALLY THE F---ING SEAGULLS!!

Where abouts did you live down here?

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:35 pm

Sassy wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:From November 2013

More here...

34% more in taxes!!!. Surely that will help pay for some new infrastructure and pensions.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:36 pm

Shady wrote:
Sassy wrote:Well Shady, I just love Cornwall, lived in the West Country for 16 years.   The best pasties is from Fowey me lad, the swans are quite partial to them as well.

Don't you read the signs missus? DON'T FEED THE BIRDS!! ESPECIALLY THE F---ING SEAGULLS!!

Taunton, meant we could travel all over the West Country just about every weekend.

PS, didn't feed the seagulls, fed the swans lol

Last edited by Sassy on Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:37 pm

Irn Bru wrote:
Sassy wrote:

34% more in taxes!!!. Surely that will help pay for some new infrastructure and pensions.

You would have thought so, unless the Government are frittering it away on something else lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:39 pm

Sassy wrote:
Shady wrote:

Taunton, meant we could travel all over the West Country just about every weekend.  

Sorry I misread your post.You actually lived in Somerset and not Cornwall......Did we ever meet?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:40 pm

Shady wrote:
Sassy wrote:

Sorry I misread your post.You actually lived in Somerset and not Cornwall......Did we ever meet?

Well, didn't notice a Pirate wandering around Lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:45 pm

Sassy wrote:
Shady wrote:

Perhaps I was wearing one of my other uniforms......(Remember.I'm always closer than you think).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:47 pm

Shady wrote:
Sassy wrote:

Perhaps I was wearing one of my other uniforms......(Remember.I'm always closer than you think).

Yea Shady, I know you keep a cupboard full for all those fantasies lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:01 am

I'll know where to look when I want to find any of this lot.

Any newspaper or court listings.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:03 am

And of course you will avoid all the others as any good little racist does.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:04 am

BigAndy9 wrote:I'll know where to  look when I want to find any of this lot.

Yes...You ignore the majority which are white English criminals and just look for foreign names.  Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:08 am

Catman wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:I'll know where to  look when I want to find any of this lot.

Yes...You ignore the majority which are white English criminals and just look for foreign names.  Twisted Evil

Really Andy!!! Do you do that?
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:10 am

You have to ask? LOL

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:15 am

Irn Bru wrote:
Catman wrote:

Oh no - any dirty little crim is a dirty little crim Iron.

The other posters know I see them but they like to be abusive towards me, that's all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:16 am

Sassy wrote:You have to ask? LOL

I always think it's fair to ask the question though and I'm sure Andy will give an honest answer.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:17 am

Well bless, I think that might be a tad optimistic lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:19 am

BigAndy9 wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:

The other posters know I see them but they like to be abusive towards me, that's all.

It is Andy and I'm sure your research will reflect that in your future posts on the subject of criminality
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:20 am

Oh yes, I almost forgot.

When I asked ... I think it was sassy and Mr Catman, 2 days after I arrived here, I started getting abuse and accusations of being a racist - I pointed out that I had never been a racist, said anything racist or done anything racist in my entire life.

They told me they too had never witnessed anything.

But, I had "racist tendencies".

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:21 am

Irn Bru wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

It is Andy and I'm sure your research will reflect that in your future posts on the subject of criminality

No need - I know for a fact that every poster here knows why I will mainly copy and paste the crimes and misdemeanours of foreigners in the UK.

I have posted why more than 10 times - you all know but you will keep asking the question.

I won't post it again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:22 am

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! 

Andy, I think we know what you are by now  Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:49 am

Beekeeper wrote:
sphinx wrote:
Again it is not the "robbing of the country" which is the issue as it is false anyway.  Labour and the Liberals keep trying to keep the focus on things like this which are figments of their own imagination and not the reason there is a huge amount of concern from voters of all ilks.

The real concerns are that when if this man slips at his car washing job and suffers an injury he will visit a hospital - which has no more space than it did 10 years ago, and he will take up space, and use resources.  Use the same space and resources that were strained before he came here.  Multiply him by all the others like him.  It does not matter if every single one of them is a hard working law abiding citizen they will use water and produce sewage,  eat and produce rubbish, travel and take up space, possibly become ill and use resources.  Resources that are already more stretched than they were 10 years so that every person who lives in this land has to cope with less than 10 years ago.  If the government woke up tomorrow and decided to correct the neglect of infrastructure it would take at least 5 years and more likely much longer to bring services up to where they were 10 years ago.

Rolling Eyes 

WHAT A LOAD of fallacious and xenophobic crappola !!! 

Guess who obviously supports the policies of the BNP and EDL in her spare time..

IT would have made a lot more sense to point out that these under-paid "guest workers" are taking jobs that unemployed Brit's could have easily been doing ! Unfortunately, such softer truisms wouldn't fit so easily into Sphinx's racist-driven agenda here today..  

Razz

Bee try reading all of my posts before making silly accusations - I have clearly stated on another post that our government and businesses are using the presence of immigrants as an excuse to avoid getting to grips with our unemployed.

Immigrants mean saving money in the short term because they are cheaper than training our own, they can then be used to buffer the mid term as no training means high levels of unskilled that have no work ethic but the long term results of the policy are truly frightening. One of the biggest reasons we have for getting control of our borders (please again note I use the term control not the hysterical term close) is to get some, hopefully a large portion, of our own unemployed actually working and earning.

Mind you that would mean telling people no benefits unless they go and do hard unpleasant unskilled work and the same idiots that scream racism at wanting control of immigration get equally upset at the idea of people having their benefits withdrawn and them "forced" to do work that does not appeal to them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:25 am

sphinx wrote:
Beekeeper wrote:
Rolling Eyes 

WHAT A LOAD of fallacious and xenophobic crappola !!! 

Guess who obviously supports the policies of the BNP and EDL in her spare time..

IT would have made a lot more sense to point out that these under-paid "guest workers" are taking jobs that unemployed Brit's could have easily been doing ! Unfortunately, such softer truisms wouldn't fit so easily into Sphinx's racist-driven agenda here today..  

Razz

Bee try reading all of my posts before making silly accusations - I have clearly stated on another post that our government and businesses are using the presence of immigrants as an excuse to avoid getting to grips with our unemployed.
Sorry that is a load of bullshit Sphinx, as stated the issue of those who go through life not wanting to study at School or get a job where they find many beneath them is the issue as plenty of jobs are being created and many immigrants will take them up as many Brits think they are beneath them. Thus the problem is an attitude problem as no job is beneath anyone. So your belief is very misguided on this factor

Immigrants mean saving money in the short term because they are cheaper than training our own, they can then be used to buffer the mid term as no training means high levels of unskilled that have no work ethic but the long term results of the policy are truly frightening.  One of the biggest reasons we have for getting control of our borders (please again note I use the term control not the hysterical term close) is to get some, hopefully a large portion, of our own unemployed actually working and earning.
That is wrong also again being as i come a large company where a high turn over of British staff has led not only my companies and others to seek those who are willing to take on work, and are reliable. The reality is many immigrants are actually over skilled to do many of these minimum paid jobs and are not afraid to do jobs that do not equal their qualifications. The reality is of those who work in the industrial side of the place I work for around 75% are foreign and this is not down to offering work to Brits, of which has happened, many are just not reliable and are only there until something better comes along, even though they are offered great opportunities to work there way up. Thus it is better to train immigrants who are more than willing to take on such work. No disrespect but you are not out in the real world to know what is going on in this situation

Mind you that would mean telling people no benefits unless they go and do hard unpleasant unskilled work and the same idiots that scream racism at wanting control of immigration get equally upset at the idea of people having their benefits withdrawn and them "forced" to do work that does not appeal to them.

Immigration does need to be controlled to a reasonable level and I have no problem with that in regards to infrastructure but it is the businesses that will be screaming out for immigrants to fill job vacancies that many Brits do not want, thus the ethos is what needs changing by some in this country

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:12 pm

That is my point didge - while firms can get immigrants and our government allows immigrants the Brits can get away with not wanting certain types of work - and that situation cannot be changed by only hitting one end of it.

At the moment we have a government trying to crack down on those who do not want the work but it will not work while employers can go elsewhere. For the company that take the unwilling Brits say on job trials and find them unsatisfactory it is quicker and cheaper to let them go again and get the immigrant. Meanwhile the job centres have to record that the person made the effort and went on the work trial but it did not work.

Stop the immigrants and the companies have to take what is available and make it work and job centres do not have to offer trials but say there is a real job so no benefits for you which mean the unwilling have the choice of work to standard or no money.

The actual problem is of course far larger and more complex including as it does a school system that does its damnedest to promote everyones a winner, failure doesnt happen, there is no such thing as competition and however much effort people put in is enough effort. However like all complex problems the solution requires action on several fronts and not over simplifying. One of those fronts is we need to make immigration controlled not uncontrolled.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:23 pm

sphinx wrote:That is my point didge - while firms can get immigrants and our government allows immigrants the Brits can get away with not wanting certain types of work - and that situation cannot be changed by only hitting one end of it.
How on earth do you change attitudes or force people to get work, when as seen in these situations they are unreliable? If you took the factor of immigration out of the situation companies would be setting up shop abroad in these nations, because it would not be so cost effective to say in he UK

At the moment we have a government trying to crack down on those who do not want the work but it will not work while employers can go elsewhere.  For the company that take the unwilling Brits say on job trials and find them unsatisfactory it is quicker and cheaper to let them go again and get the immigrant.  Meanwhile the job centres have to record that the person made the effort and went on the work trial but it did not work.
You still are missing the point many of these companies have taken on those who do not want to work and it is not cost affective, thus by taking away the immigrant factor the companies are thus left with many unreliable people which again is not cost effective as will cost them a fortune in having to constantly having to train staff and losing what is called missed Dollars, where fulfilments of say orders and productions have not been met. Thus the solution is not simple. Again if a company can move it resources elsewhere out of the UK, where labour is cheaper they will do and you may in fact make the matter worse. Yes i am all for Brits to work, but changing a poor attitude to work is no easy situation to resolve

Stop the immigrants and the companies have to take what is available and make it work and job centres do not have to offer trials but say there is a real job so no benefits for you which mean the unwilling have the choice of work to standard or no money.
As seen this is not a viable idea to many companies as it means they will have to face many old problems they once faced before and as seen you could in fact end up seeing places close down as it will be cheaper to either move and create a new industry elsewhere or where they are big amalgamate the work into overseas existing factories they have

The actual problem is of course far larger and more complex including as it does a school system that does its damnedest to promote everyones a winner, failure doesnt happen, there is no such thing as competition and however much effort people put in is enough effort.  However like all complex problems the solution requires action on several fronts and not over simplifying.  One of those fronts is we need to make immigration controlled not uncontrolled.

It is not as simple as you make out Sphinx, being as most companies are profit driven and in this current economic climate they have to streamline all their resources. With education I think it is good to have a goal for many to achieve, but agree that we should not be afraid to say where people do badly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:53 pm

How on earth do these other countries manage to force attitudes that are willing to work?

Not all companies can move abroad - and where a lot do new ones will start up to fill the gap. The fast food place cannot up and move because the customers cannot - and if they do someone else will open a new fast food place.

You are missing the point that the reason "these people" do not want to work is because they have no driving reason to have to work. They have grown up and always experienced a situation where not working has not been catastrophic.

Training costs are large in short term (this is not limited to employers) but not training costs far higher in the long term.

The actual basic solution to the whole issue is to make it impossible to claim benefits while there are unskilled positions available. Unless and until we get a situation where being out of work is a total disaster and means going hungry and homeless we are not going to see people upping their game. We shoot ourselves as a society in the foot by refusing to allow people to suffer consequences. We are at base animals driven by normal survival instincts and normal survival instincts have a large streak of if something can be done using half energy why use whole energy doing it.

Or how about this for an idea - for every unskilled immigrant taking a job here then one unskilled unemployed who did not take the job is sent to the country the immigrant came from to experience the conditions that result in a willingness to work at anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:04 pm

sphinx wrote:How on earth do these other countries manage to force attitudes that are willing to work?

Not all companies can move abroad - and where a lot do new ones will start up to fill the gap.  The fast food place cannot up and move because the customers cannot - and if they do someone else will open a new fast food place.
Many can as many are foreign in the first place, which will mean a great loss in industries and jobs for people 

You are missing the point that the reason "these people" do not want to work is because they have no driving reason to have to work.  They have grown up and always experienced a situation where not working has not been catastrophic.#
Sorry that again is bullshit, the reason they do not want to work is they grew up for years believing they were better off on benefits and even before then some thought that they could get by doing as little as possible

Training costs are large in short term (this is not limited to employers) but not training costs far higher in the long term.
You have no idea on training costs, for one person to be trained fully within a 3 month period can be anything from 1k to 3k per person, thus a high trun over of staff is not cost effective

The actual basic solution to the whole issue is to make it impossible to claim benefits while there are unskilled positions available.
That does not help the employer as they are still left with people who have an ethos in not doing a hard days work which for some reason you have not been able to answer, who constantly are late and don't even show up for worl, again meaning the company loses out on money big time   

Unless and until we get a situation where being out of work is a total disaster and means going hungry and homeless we are not going to see people upping their game.
That again does not help the situation as above, people will still continue not to give a monkey's about the work they do, where as seen immigrants are more often than not to give a 100% 

We shoot ourselves as a society in the foot by refusing to allow people to suffer consequences.  We are at base animals driven by normal survival instincts and normal survival instincts have a large streak of if something can be done using half energy why use whole energy doing it.
We do have consequences, but those who are sacked don't give a monkey's about it knowing they can claim benefits again, they then have to seek a job, get one then get the sack again, one vicious cycle

Or how about this for an idea - for every unskilled immigrant taking a job here then one unskilled unemployed who did not take the job is sent to the country the immigrant came from to experience the conditions that result in a willingness to work at anything

Sorry that is daft your last point, you cannot force people to leave their nation

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:27 pm

sphinx wrote:How on earth do these other countries manage to force attitudes that are willing to work?

Not all companies can move abroad - and where a lot do new ones will start up to fill the gap.  The fast food place cannot up and move because the customers cannot - and if they do someone else will open a new fast food place.

You are missing the point that the reason "these people" do not want to work is because they have no driving reason to have to work.  They have grown up and always experienced a situation where not working has not been catastrophic.

The actual basic solution to the whole issue is to make it impossible to claim benefits while there are unskilled positions available.  Unless and until we get a situation where being out of work is a total disaster and means going hungry and homeless we are not going to see people upping their game.  We shoot ourselves as a society in the foot by refusing to allow people to suffer consequences.  We are at base animals driven by normal survival instincts and normal survival instincts have a large streak of if something can be done using half energy why use whole energy doing it.

...if you were speaking from experience Sphinx, I would then take some of your points on board, but seeing as it has been a long time since you worked( if you did) and you are sat putting the employment sector and people's lives to right from the comfort of your armchair at home , I simply can not take them seriously.

When you make claims that people should work, please remember their are folk way more disabled than you and I who work hard manual work.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:32 pm

I'm not picking on you here, but for the past few years since I've known you, you have not worked..and have been on incapacity benefit, you say you are looking at option like IT work, but what has happened there Sphinx?..

It will do your mind and body good to find work which pays you, and by your own admission...it pays you to work,or does it pay you to be on incapacity benefit?..in fact I don't know what to believe as I've heard you say I the last it's easy enough to get by on benefits , then I've heard you say it lays to work....

Which one is it Sphinx?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:35 pm

You dont get it do you didge?

The reason people become choosy in their work habits is because they do not experience of negative consequences when they are choose. (We are saying the same thing in different terms here I think)

In order to get people to become less choosy they need to learn that failing to work results in nasty things happening.

No we cannot force people to leave their nations - we can make the consequences in this country as bad as in the countries the immigrants come from.

It costs just as much to train an immigrant as a British person - the british persons work ethic is going to go right up if they know that no job means no money but for them to learn this requires the employers to engage as well.

The only reason immigrants put in 100% is because they have experienced proper no work no food no shelter. Cutting benefits to people where there is work available will mean they learn the same lesson. Making it so that people who have been fired cannot claim benefits will teach the same lesson.

Unless of course you think that Brits are lazy good for nothings because of their race and immigrants are hard workers because of their race

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:08 pm

sphinx wrote:You dont get it do you didge?
Yes i do get it thanks Sphinx, mainly as I actually work within the industry 

The reason people become choosy in their work habits is because they do not experience of negative consequences when they are choose. (We are saying the same thing in different terms here I think)
Oh they do experience the consequences,. many just don't give a monkey's about them. as many will get the sack, then go back to claiming again, a vicious cycle 

In order to get people to become less choosy they need to learn that failing to work results in nasty things happening.
They already have this happen, so how has this changed anything, many will work on the side also, not informing of their work for cash in hand

No we cannot force people to leave their nations - we can make the consequences in this country as bad as in the countries the immigrants come from.
Can you? There is such things as going to far, maybe you can give examples within the EU where the consequences are do harsh?

It costs just as much to train an immigrant as a British person - the british persons work ethic is going to go right up if they know that no job means no money but for them to learn this requires the employers to engage as well.
Yes it cost the same to train short term , but in the long term it costs far less, as you do not have a high turn over of staff, you don't lose production time or loss on sickness or lateness.  

The only reason immigrants put in 100% is because they have experienced proper no work no food no shelter.
That is gobbledygook again and you are basing this on what exactly when most come here educated with many have degree's?

Cutting benefits to people where there is work available will mean they learn the same lesson.  Making it so that people who have been fired cannot claim benefits will teach the same lesson.
No it won't they will just either go criminal or black market work, we have seen before how this has actually happened in the past when there was little benefits, people would actually trun more to criminal types of work

Unless of course you think that Brits are lazy good for nothings because of their race and immigrants are hard workers because of their race

Never even said that, i said an element of people in this country are, many are hard working, study and work hard at school and in employment, though as stated we are talking about an element within society  

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:11 pm

Joy Division wrote:I'm not picking on you here, but for the past few years since I've known you, you have not worked..and have been on incapacity benefit, you say you are looking at option like IT work, but what has happened there Sphinx?..

It will do your mind and body good to find work which pays you, and by your own admission...it pays you to work,or does it pay you to be on incapacity benefit?..in fact I don't know what to believe as I've heard you say I the last it's easy enough to get by on benefits , then I've heard you say it lays to work....

Which one is it Sphinx?

JD 8/9 years ago I could not buy things on ebay because I did not know to work modern computers and the internet. Over that time I have learned to the point I can design and build a website from scratch and I have done that with no help either financial or course wise from the authorities. Before that I worked full time and was on fast track promotion route at a physical if at that point unskilled job in which I consistently excelled my targets and rated number one in my group. I have also looked at other areas and am currently doing a course I have paid for myself to gain a qualification in another area.

Since the advent of ESA, all be it with a slightly rocky start, that I have an advisor who is helping me by working with me around my limitations (namely that I cannot work a full day yet alone a full week without unpleasant consequences and that I cannot 100% predict my collapses even when managing my condition as fully as possible). I have been trying and still am trying and will continue try to find work where I can fulfil my commitment to an employer or earn money myself as self employed. Pay is irrelevant so long as I can do the work.

I mean here is something for you to think about - when the welfare state was first launched there was a legal obligation on employers to take on disabled people. The welfare office would look at a persons disabilities and local employers and then organize a place for the person. That is no longer the case. The job centre cannot go to an employer and say they have to take me on for x hours a week in chunks of y hours with flexibility to allow for days I get bad unpredictably. I can (and do) apply for work but have to explain my problems and employers dont want me when they can someone reliable who can work longer. Throw into the mix the issues with working less than 16 hours a week and I am kind of screwed.

Life is financially possible on benefits to a comfortable level covering more than necessities. Part time work less than 16 hours would make no financial difference except for the added costs of working (travel, extra food, employee socializing etc) but if I could work longer I would be better off. Universal credit would see me significantly better off because even if I only worked a few hours I would keep far more of my wages. I am and ever will be grateful for what I have and while I would not like going without some of the things I have I do not think I deserve them as right and it would not kill me to not have them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:17 pm

PhilDidge wrote:
sphinx wrote:You dont get it do you didge?
Yes i do get it thanks Sphinx, mainly as I actually work within the industry 

Oh they do experience the consequences,. many just don't give a monkey's about them. as many will get the sack, then go back to claiming again, a vicious cycle 

They already have this happen, so how has this changed anything, many will work on the side also, not informing of their work for cash in hand

Can you? There is such things as going to far, maybe you can give examples within the EU where the consequences are do harsh?

Yes it cost the same to train short term , but in the long term it costs far less, as you do not have a high turn over of staff, you don't lose production time or loss on sickness or lateness.  

The only reason immigrants put in 100% is because they have experienced proper no work no food no shelter.
That is gobbledygook again and you are basing this on what exactly when most come here educated with many have degree's?

Cutting benefits to people where there is work available will mean they learn the same lesson.  Making it so that people who have been fired cannot claim benefits will teach the same lesson.
No it won't they will just either go criminal or black market work, we have seen before how this has actually happened in the past when there was little benefits, people would actually trun more to criminal types of work

Never even said that, i said an element of people in this country are, many are hard working, study and work hard at school and in employment, though as stated we are talking about an element within society  

OK I believe somewhere called "Romania" is in the EU. Could you please research for me what happens to unemployed people in Romania and let me know if that is "too harsh"

As for working on the "black economy" well if people were not able to claim benefits then this economy would no longer be black and these people would be working would they not?

I have never understood the theory that people working on the side were "not working" - sure they are stealing benefits they are not entitled to because they are working but they are definitely working. Do you think jobs on the black economy involve less work or less skill?

Oh and I hate to say this but there is an equal element among immigrants are lazy and workshy. There are those who do come here to claim the benefits. Not it is not all immigrants any more than all unemployed here are lazy and workshy but they do exist.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:23 pm

sphinx wrote:

OK I believe somewhere called "Romania" is in the EU.  Could you please research for me what happens to unemployed people in Romania and let me know if that is "too harsh"
Why me, are you incapable?

As for working on the "black economy" well if people were not able to claim benefits then this economy would no longer be black and these people would be working would they not?
No it would be criminal as it was in the past would it not?

I have never understood the theory that people working on the side were "not working" - sure they are stealing benefits they are not entitled to because they are working but they are definitely working.  Do you think jobs on the black economy involve less work or less skill?
It is if they are not paying any tax or NI.

Oh and I hate to say this but there is an equal element among immigrants are lazy and workshy.  There are those who do come here to claim the benefits.  Not it is not all immigrants any more than all unemployed here are lazy and workshy but they do exist.

Not EU immigrants, they have the highest rate of those employed and the least seeking benefits.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:42 pm

PhilDidge wrote:
sphinx wrote:

OK I believe somewhere called "Romania" is in the EU.  Could you please research for me what happens to unemployed people in Romania and let me know if that is "too harsh"
Why me, are you incapable?

No it would be criminal as it was in the past would it not?

I have never understood the theory that people working on the side were "not working" - sure they are stealing benefits they are not entitled to because they are working but they are definitely working.  Do you think jobs on the black economy involve less work or less skill?
It is if they are not paying any tax or NI.

Oh and I hate to say this but there is an equal element among immigrants are lazy and workshy.  There are those who do come here to claim the benefits.  Not it is not all immigrants any more than all unemployed here are lazy and workshy but they do exist.

Not EU immigrants, they have the highest rate of those employed and the least seeking benefits.

When has it been illegal to do a couple of weeks work bringing the harvest in?
It is illegal to claim benefits at the time you are doing it
It might be illegal to not pay tax and NI on it (it would depend on whether the work was declared to these bodies.

So please tell my why if local benefits offices go right there are x unskilled vacancies in the area less than that number of people claiming unemployment benefits so we are not going to pay any unemployment benefits why any work those not getting benefits will be illegal.

The illegal parts of the so called black economy involve people working when are claiming unemployment. Those people are still working.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:44 pm

sphinx wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:

It might be illegal to not pay tax and NI on it (it would depend on whether the work was declared to these bodies.
If someone is not paying Tax and NI, then they are not contributing to society and is wrong, end of story, where others are

So please tell my why if local benefits offices go right there are x unskilled vacancies in the area less than that number of people claiming unemployment benefits so we are not going to pay any unemployment benefits why any work those not getting benefits will be illegal.
Sorry that made no sense at all

The illegal parts of the so called black economy involve people working when are claiming unemployment.  Those people are still working.

It matters little if they are claiming or not, they are not paying NI or tax.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:44 pm

PhilDidge wrote:
sphinx wrote:

If someone is not paying Tax and NI, then they are not contributing to society and is wrong, end of story, where others are

Sorry that made no sense at all

The illegal parts of the so called black economy involve people working when are claiming unemployment.  Those people are still working.

No someone can be working and not paying tax and/or NI and be perfectly legal so long as their work and earnings are declared

Or are you saying that my four children have been breaking the law with their paper rounds?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:58 pm

sphinx wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:

No someone can be working and not paying tax and/or NI and be perfectly legal so long as their work and earnings are declared

Or are you saying that my four children have been breaking the law with their paper rounds?

Never said they could not but there are others that do not declare and are tax dodging.

people can earn under 10,000 a year before they pay any tax.

Seems most of your other points have fallen by the way side then

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum