NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dieting By GP Advice

5 posters

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Dieting By GP Advice Empty Re: Dieting By GP Advice

Post by Syl Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:12 pm

Interesting.

I think if someone has an op on the NHS and does everything right after the op (in this case keeping the weight off for a specified time) it's possible that they should be entitled to the further treatment of getting rid of all the excess flab that wont go no matter what they do.

On the other hand I do lack sympathy with people who get so fat in the first place. If they have no medical condition that has caused it (and only a small % of people are obesely overweight through glands or medication) should they get thousands spent on them when people with cancer (for eg) are denied or delayed treatment through lack of funds?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:18 pm

Syl wrote:Interesting.

I think if someone has an op on the NHS and does everything right after the op (in this case keeping the weight off for a specified time) it's possible that they should be entitled to the further treatment of getting rid of all the excess flab that wont go no matter what they do.

On the other hand I do lack sympathy with people who get so fat in the first place. If they have no medical condition that has caused it (and only a small % of people are obesely overweight through glands or medication) should they get thousands spent on them when people with cancer (for eg) are denied or delayed treatment through lack of funds?

That shows how out of touch you are on medical matters

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/scientists-discover-how-obesity-gene-works-when-faulty-giving-new-hope-for-finding-cure-10469406.html

Its a good thing we do not have idiots like you deciding the fate of others, when your view is plainly one born yet again from ignorance

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:21 pm

Stop trolling peabrain. Rolling Eyes

The thread has been up hours yet you decide to jump in minutes after I have posted.
You are on ignore till further notice.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:23 pm

Syl wrote:Stop trolling peabrain. Rolling Eyes

The thread has been up hours yet you decide to jump in minutes after I have posted.
You are on ignore till further notice.

So correcting your ignorance and hate you have is trolling now?

I suggest you stop being an ignorant twat posting crap if you do not want to be pulled up on

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:38 pm

If someone has lost a lot of weight and has clearly true their best and done everything asked of them, then yes, they should be able to have this Op on the NHS.

eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:40 pm

eddie wrote:If someone has lost a lot of weight and has clearly true their best and done everything asked of them, then yes, they should be able to have this Op on the NHS.

The NHS is for everyone, not people deciding based on what they do not like in people

That is just unethical and wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:41 pm

exactly Eddie....

If they followed drs orders and got teir weight down for helath reasons then YES
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:42 pm

Lord Foul wrote:exactly Eddie....

If they followed drs orders and got teir weight down for helath reasons then YES

Unethical

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:44 pm

Thank you Lord Fowl lol!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:47 pm

eddie wrote:

Thank you Lord Fowl lol!

Not sure how his views are of help if they are unethical

People go into the medical profession to help save lives

Hence why you and others trying to decide who should have medical help is disgusting, unethical and utterly wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:52 pm

From news reports..

"70% of patients who undergo bariatric procedures will need further surgery to remove excess skin, only a small fraction will receive it though."

I suppose if the NHS has to decide where the limited amount of money is spent they would opt to save lives rather than use it to enhance appearance.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:55 pm

Syl wrote:From news reports..

70% of patients who undergo bariatric procedures will need further surgery to remove excess skin, only a small fraction will receive it though.

I suppose if the NHS has to decide where the limited amount of money is spent they would opt to save lives rather than use it to enhance appearance.

Again who are you to decide the fate of others or their medical need?

Its disgusting that people think they can from a service which its intention from the start was to be there for all people, decided what people can and cannot have

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:21 pm

If it's cosmetic, they probably won't be entitled to have it done. Breast reduction is often not done on the NHS either.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:27 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:If it's cosmetic, they probably won't be entitled to have it done. Breast reduction is often not done on the NHS either.

Some are but I think they have to be morbidly obese before they even have the op on the NHS, and then after all else has failed.
I knew someone once who had lost a vast amount of weight and they did indeed have folds of flesh that was impossible to shift.
They were saving up for the op because they had no chance of getting it done on the NHS.
Paying for it yourself is an option...some people seem to overlook that.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:48 pm

Syl wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:If it's cosmetic, they probably won't be entitled to have it done. Breast reduction is often not done on the NHS either.

Some are but I think they have to be morbidly obese before they even have the op on the NHS, and then after all else has failed.
I knew someone once who had lost a vast amount of weight and they did indeed have folds of flesh that was impossible to shift.
They were saving up for the op because they had no chance of getting it done on the NHS.

One of the women in the article didn't have bariatric surgery and had the same problem afterwards. This is another good reason why people should stop themselves getting so obese in the first place.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:56 pm

Stormee wrote:Didge, Syl has given her opinion for which she and all of us are entitled.
Your angry berating, name calling to her is very rude, ungentlemanly and unnecessary.

Please stop it.
He is on ignore Stormee....so he is huffing and puffing to himself not me. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:58 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Syl wrote:

One of the women in the article didn't have bariatric surgery and had the same problem afterwards. This is another good reason why people should stop themselves getting so obese in the first place.
The person I knew had lots of excess folds of skin by dieting not surgery.
Like that article said...if someone loses half their weight the skin will just hang loose like a deflated balloon because it cant shrink back.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:03 pm

Syl wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Like that article said...if someone loses half their weight the skin will just hang loose like a deflated balloon because it cant shrink back.

Yes I know. I guess it depends on how much it affects them though. If it's causing infections, or if it's giving them psychological problems, they might be able to have it removed on the NHS. I don't know if there's any way to avoid the loose skin by losing weight more slowly - probably not.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:05 pm

Didge wrote:

Unethical

so busy being a wally he recons that the fact I think this surgery should be available to those who have followed drs orders and lost weight is unethical???

EH???

WOT???

DOH!!!!!!!!!

now whos an air head flatliner

shot, foot, self, in,

rearrange as necessary

Dieting By GP Advice 3489511464
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:07 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Syl wrote:

Yes I know. I guess it depends on how much it affects them though. If it's causing infections, or if it's giving them psychological problems, they might be able to have it removed on the NHS. I don't know if there's any way to avoid the loose skin by losing weight more slowly - probably not.

I guess it depends how much you lose, how old you are, and to some extent how your skin reacts.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:09 pm

Lord Foul wrote:
Didge wrote:

Unethical

so busy being a wally he recons that the fact I think this surgery should be available to those who have followed drs orders and lost weight is unethical???

EH???

WOT???

DOH!!!!!!!!!

shot, foot, self, in,

rearrange as necessary

Sorry I do not understand Northern Monkey English

It should be available to all who need it and not decided by some incompetent imbecile such as yourself

Hence Unethical

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:09 pm

I don't think it can be an automatic thing, otherwise people would want facelifts on the NHS too. It has to cause a real medical problem and not just be a cosmetic issue.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:11 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I don't think it can be an automatic thing, otherwise people would want facelifts on the NHS too. It has to cause a real medical problem and not just be a cosmetic issue.

This is not about facelifts though is it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:16 pm

Didge wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:

EH???

WOT???

DOH!!!!!!!!!

shot, foot, self, in,

rearrange as necessary

It should be available to all who need it and not decided by some incompetent imbecile such as yourself

Hence Unethical

and...I suppose YOU think YOU ARE competent?
no surprises there then....Dr Didge at your service

I mean...talk about stating the blinding obvious....

all those who need it...well apart from the (likely vary rare) ones who have lost weight dramatically without a Drs help (and in which case they should be included too, but the O/P specifically mentioned those under drs orders...so I only addressed that point...a practice you may do well to remember) the only ones needing it are going to be the ones who lost weight under Drs orders so

Dieting By GP Advice 2190311264 Dieting By GP Advice 2581891615

or does the logic of that go over your empty skull....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:17 pm

The point is need...be that pysical OR psychological
as opposed to vanity or whatever else.....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:18 pm

the NHS doesnt have a limitless budget....and those tory b'stards are starving it year on year....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:21 pm

Lord Foul wrote:
Didge wrote:

Hence Unethical

and...I suppose YOU think YOU ARE competent?
no surprises there then....Dr Didge at your service

I mean...talk about stating the blinding obvious....

all those who need it...well apart from the (likely vary rare) ones who have lost weight dramatically without a Drs help (and in which case they should be included too, but the O/P specifically mentioned those under drs orders...so I only addressed that point...a practice you may do well to remember) the only ones needing it are going to be the ones who lost weight under Drs orders so

Dieting By GP Advice 2190311264  Dieting By GP Advice 2581891615

or does the logic of that go over your empty skull....

Not everyone can lose weight you incompetent muppet, as some have mental health issues as well

But then you are such a thick twat you never think past an initial problem

Hence your views are unethical and better placed in the 12th century

Again it should be there for all who need it no matter if they cannot lose weight

Get that into your thick skull

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:30 pm

derrr......

I dont think many who HAVNT lost weight will need this particular op you dunderhead....

from the O/P

"achieve weight loss leaving you with loads of unsightly, uncomfortable saggy skin"

in fact anyone else who is in that state probably has other, more urgent problems that need dealing with first...

the O/P was quite specific about the circumstances......

once again you are agueing about spiders when the discussion is about astronauts Rolling Eyes
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:32 pm

can YOU name any other situation where the above is likely to apply (and even if you can I bet the condition is as rare as tits on a bull, and will be given such an op in anycase)
admit it..once again you have put foot in mouth and swallowed it that deep you are kicking your own ring piece
Dieting By GP Advice 3489511464 Dieting By GP Advice 3489511464
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:34 pm

Lord Foul wrote:derrr......

I dont think many who HAVNT lost weight will need this particular op you dunderhead....

from the O/P

"achieve weight loss leaving you with loads of unsightly, uncomfortable saggy skin"

in fact anyone else who is in that state probably has other, more urgent problems that need dealing with first...

the O/P was quite specific about the circumstances......

once again you are agueing about spiders when the discussion is about astronauts  Rolling Eyes

I frankly could not care for your barbaric unethical views and what you think matters

What is ethical is that is there for all who need it

Not some catch as you seem to suggest which again is born from being a hateful twat that you are

So get it into your thick skull its not down to you to decide

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:41 pm

nor you come to that....

I'll just leave it there with you...I think you have proved my point for me..... Laughing
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:44 pm

Lord Foul wrote:nor you come to that....

I'll just leave it there with you...I think you have proved my point for me..... Laughing

That you had no point, other than a barbaric view

Yeah it was easy for me to prove and show

Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:46 pm

oh and....

you havt shown once wher I have said I should decide...

you havnt shown how or why my comment amounts to anything "unethical"

and you havt shown where I have said that anyone who needs it should be denied it

to make it simple for your addled brain

the O/P asked in relation to those who had lost weight under drs orders

I said yes

further (to clarify (cos you is being thick again)

I said also those who lost weight of their own accord

and THEN

i (to clarify further, since you got even denser) that those who have other conditions should also get it ...but thats a different matter since they likey have other problems as well, that need dealing with first

duh....

WTF has climbed up your pipe recently???

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:47 pm

what barbaric view...eh...go on...show it.....twonk
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:49 pm

Lord Foul wrote:what barbaric view...eh...go on...show it.....twonk

Of course your view was barbaric that people needed to diet to get this operation

Your whole backward mindset is steeped in 12 century ethics

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:58 pm

der...what part of "the only people who are likely, under normal circumstance, to NEED this op ......are those who have dieted

omg have you "lost it"...totally

I mean...come on....where else and under what other circumsatnces is this situation of masses of hanging skin going to happen?

*** except in very rare (can you think of a condition???) circumstances....

maybe terminal cancer when cahexia sets in...but like I say ...they have other problems that need dealing with first ...(and you DO need to ask the ethics of doing such an op on someone in that state due to the elevated risks)

that aside???

the NEED for the OP is CREATED by dieting...and it was this circumstance that framed the question.....

read and understand the O/P you plank

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:01 pm

Lord Foul wrote:der...what part of "the only people who are likely, under normal circumstance, to NEED this op ......are those who have dieted

I mean...come on....where else and under what other circumsatnces is this situation of masses of hanging skin going to happen?

maybe terminal cancer when cahexia sets in...but like I say ...they have other problems that need dealing with first ...(and you DO need to ask the ethics of doing such an op on someone in that state due to the elevated risks)

that aside???

the NEED for the OP is CREATED by dieting...and it was this circumstance that framed the question.....

I mean what next will it be from your barbarity

That people need to stop drinking or smoking to have life saving cancer treatment

Seriously people like are such ignorant backward fuckwits

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:16 pm

Lord Foul wrote:der...what part of "the only people who are likely, under normal circumstance, to NEED this op ......are those who have dieted

that aside???

Exactly right.
People who need the op need it because they have either dieted and lost huge amounts of weight or have had bariatric procedures performed to enable them to lose all the weight.....and the result is the overhanging folds of flesh.

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:16 pm

FFS didge stop being an arse....

WHO ELSE WOULD NEED THIS TREATMENT...

to who else is the point relevent????

nothing to do with cancer and smoking...drinking etc

AT ALL

they NEED this operation BECAUSE THEY HAVE DIETED...

and I agreed that they should...

now ...under what other circumstances would it (the operation) be required or desirable (as opposed to needed)

there is simply NO NEED to do this on someone who hasnt dieted....BECAUSE THEY DONT HAVE THE HANGING SKIN PROBLEM

they may well have folds of fat....but that is a different operation (and incidently quite risky compared to the skin reduction one)

one may well remove half an acre of excess skin in an op with impunity

no surgeon is going to think that slicing 5 stone of fresh lard off a patient is quite so easy, or safe...

and if thats what you are conflating then you ARE a dunderhead...
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:19 pm

lol so easy to keep him going

lol!

Score 1 to me

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:21 pm

Syl wrote:

that aside???

Exactly right.
People who need the op need it because they have either dieted and lost huge amounts of weight or have had bariatric procedures performed to enable them to lose all the weight.....and the result is the overhanging folds of flesh.

And they only need the operation to remove the skin if it's causing them a medical problem.

People really need to be aware of this issue before they allow themselves to get so obese - losing the weight might be only half the battle for them, and removing the excess skin will leave scars of some kind.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:27 pm

Didge wrote:lol so easy to keep him going

lol!

Score 1 to me

oh so suddenly its a game is it didge.... Dieting By GP Advice 4233679493

told you ...some stupid game that only didge is party to Rolling Eyes

trouble is didge the laugh is on you ...cos you just showed what an idiot you are....

act your age ...not your shoe size...

suddenly realised that you are in fact a dick and want to back pedal?????....wave a laughing looney icon and say 1 to me....and pretend its all a joke....

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:29 pm

Lord Foul wrote:
Didge wrote:lol so easy to keep him going

lol!

Score 1 to me

oh so suddenly its a game is it didge.... Dieting By GP Advice 4233679493

told you ...some stupid game that only didge is party to Rolling Eyes

trouble is didge the laugh is on you ...cos you just showed what an idiot you are....

act your age ...not your shoe size...

suddenly realised that you are in fact a dick and want to back pedal?????....wave a laughing looney icon and say 1 to me....and pretend its all a joke....

I just love playing with an idiot, of which you most certainly are

Again it was ever to easy

If you do not like it

Tough shit sunshine

I told you I am now going to continually have fun at your expense

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down