NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

United Taxi Demo Could Be The Biggest Taxi Demo Ever Seen In London...

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Do you prefer black cabs or Uber?

United Taxi Demo Could Be The Biggest Taxi Demo Ever Seen In London... - Page 2 Vote_lcap100%United Taxi Demo Could Be The Biggest Taxi Demo Ever Seen In London... - Page 2 Vote_rcap 100% 
[ 3 ]
United Taxi Demo Could Be The Biggest Taxi Demo Ever Seen In London... - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%United Taxi Demo Could Be The Biggest Taxi Demo Ever Seen In London... - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
United Taxi Demo Could Be The Biggest Taxi Demo Ever Seen In London... - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%United Taxi Demo Could Be The Biggest Taxi Demo Ever Seen In London... - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 3

United Taxi Demo Could Be The Biggest Taxi Demo Ever Seen In London... - Page 2 Empty United Taxi Demo Could Be The Biggest Taxi Demo Ever Seen In London...

Post by eddie Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:02 pm

First topic message reminder :

Carpe Diem : In the Wake Of The EU Taxi Alliance Demo, Tomorrow... It's Our Turn....and this time, we are UNITED.

United Taxi Demo Could Be The Biggest Taxi Demo Ever Seen In London... - Page 2 Image35

Many drivers complain that every time we demo, the media say it's about Uber

Well, lets get one thing straight
UBER are not the elephant in the room!
UBER are at the centre of our demise.

If we are scared to mention Uber, then we've already lost.

This demo is directed towards Downing Street, to highlight the fact that the government's no1 and no2 are heavily involved in supporting this company, at our expense.

TfL, on orders from this government have turned a blind eye to existing regulations in order to facilitate the expansion of UBER. You don't have to be a genius to work out their agenda.

We are not frightened of competition and this demo is not about fair competition

It's about unfair competition.

Watch video read more: http://taxileaks.blogspot.co.uk/2016/02/uber-is-no-better-than-old-fashioned.html?showComment=1455094288359

Last edited by Ben_Reilly on Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added poll)
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

United Taxi Demo Could Be The Biggest Taxi Demo Ever Seen In London... - Page 2 Empty Re: United Taxi Demo Could Be The Biggest Taxi Demo Ever Seen In London...

Post by Guest Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:19 pm

You are the one being vile and nasty, your posts on this thread are utterly repulsive

Back to top Go down

United Taxi Demo Could Be The Biggest Taxi Demo Ever Seen In London... - Page 2 Empty Re: United Taxi Demo Could Be The Biggest Taxi Demo Ever Seen In London...

Post by Guest Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:25 pm

Truth?   You wouldn't know truth if it got up and bit you.

The TRUTH is your posts on this thread are repulsive.  That's the truth.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:45 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Isn't it just market forces? Competition isn't a new thing, and it's up to people to vote with their feet. If they like this Uber system they'll use it.

If I lived in London I'd use the black cabs because I find it more useful to be able to just hail one in the street, largely because I don't have a fancy phone with all these "apps". Obviously, I'm in a minority though.

That's the trouble with progress - it means that some people find their businesses being affected, and they need to find a way to appeal to customers, or just accept that something new has become more popular.

I agree completely, it's not good for anybody to lose their job but this is how the economy works. Taxi drivers did the same thing to horse-drawn buggy drivers.

Like it or not, you need to constantly sharpen your skill set if you want to get by.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:25 am

Ben you've made a comment and have no idea what you even mean in regards to the thread.

It's not about an app
It's not even about a new cab company

I'll,let you read the thread properly and read the links and then you'll know how to comment.

Ffs Rolling Eyes
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:50 am

NO CRB CHECKS AND COUNTLESS ACCUSATIONS OF SEXUAL ASSAULT

United Taxi Demo Could Be The Biggest Taxi Demo Ever Seen In London... - Page 2 Image38
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:56 am

Quite, the public are being manipulated by big business, that is using every trick in the book, and they will so regret it.  I'm sorry Ben, but on this, you don't have a clue.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:57 pm

eddie wrote:Ben you've made a comment and have no idea what you even mean in regards to the thread.

It's not about an app
It's not even about a new cab company

I'll,let you read the thread properly and read the links and then you'll know how to comment.

Ffs Rolling Eyes

Is this about concern for customers or loss of livelihood though? The goal posts keep changing. Let's face it - this is about potential loss of livelihood for black-cab drivers, so Ben's comment was valid.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:17 pm

It encompasses, like many topics, all of the above.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:46 pm

eddie wrote:It encompasses, like many topics, all of the above.

Black-cab drivers might be personally concerned about the safety of customers who use Uber, but that's not the reason they're objecting to Uber. They're objecting because of the "unfair competition", right? They don't want their livelihood threatened. Uber has created job opportunities for other people though. That's how business goes - some win and some lose.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:16 pm

I do have a few clues; I've ridden with Uber a few times and both were perfectly good transactions. I also see nothing that proves that passengers are safer from taxi drivers than they are from Uber drivers.

Ragg's point stands -- this is economic competition. If the taxi companies can convince the public that Uber isn't safe enough, maybe it will fail and they'll continue on. If Uber can't convince the consumer that they're safe, they may go out of business.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:30 pm

Stormee wrote:Can we have a vote between us to see who prefers which taxi service.

Black Cabs

Uber

Done.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:51 pm

I wouldn't go in a Uber cab if you paid me.  The main reason being they don't have DBS checks and you could be getting in a car with anyone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:19 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:I do have a few clues; I've ridden with Uber a few times and both were perfectly good transactions. I also see nothing that proves that passengers are safer from taxi drivers than they are from Uber drivers.

Ragg's point stands -- this is economic competition. If the taxi companies can convince the public that Uber isn't safe enough, maybe it will fail and they'll continue on. If Uber can't convince the consumer that they're safe, they may go out of business.

I agree, you can't blame Uber, it's the people who are using the service.  Personally I would use a black cab and know that I'm safe but clearly others are happy to pay less and take the risk.  It does sound pretty convenient though, I'm not surprised people are using the service. United Taxi Demo Could Be The Biggest Taxi Demo Ever Seen In London... - Page 2 Taxi

Always the ride you want

The best way to get wherever you’re going

Tap a button, get a ride

Choose your ride and set your location. You’ll see your driver’s picture and vehicle details, and can track their arrival on the map.

No cash, no tip, no hassle

When you arrive at your destination, just hop out—we’ll automatically charge the credit card on file. And there’s no need to tip.

You rate, we listen

Rate your driver and provide anonymous feedback about your trip. Your input helps us make every ride a 5-star experience.

https://www.uber.com/ride/

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:31 pm

sassy wrote:I wouldn't go in a Uber cab if you paid me.  The main reason being they don't have DBS checks and you could be getting in a car with anyone.

Exactly the same as you Sassy.
Not only because they don't provide the same security as a black cab, but also on principle.
I suspect unless people are personally involved and understand whats happened here they will go with the cheaper option though....human nature.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:58 pm

I wouldn't use Uber because I don't have a smart phone thingy. Also, I would not want to see black cabs disappearing. However, if I did have a smart phone and I didn't care about black cabs, I would probably use Uber because of the convenience.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:33 pm

Stormee wrote:Disabled people in Coventry use Black Cabs to get to the University Hospital without getting out of their wheelchairs as do disabled schoolchildren.

All black cabs had to be converted so they are wheelchair friendly a few years ago...(in Manchester, not sure if that applied countrywide) The taxi owners had to pay for this themselves, as they have to pay for police checks,regular health checks, radio (if used) and various other costs that private hire and now uber don't have to fork out for.
Also the local councils set the fare tariff....I imagine uber can charge what they like.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2