NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black taxi demonstration message to TFL: you are Totally Failing London!

+5
Tommy Monk
Irn Bru
Ben Reilly
Raggamuffin
eddie
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Black taxi demonstration message to TFL: you are Totally Failing London!  Empty Black taxi demonstration message to TFL: you are Totally Failing London!

Post by eddie Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:07 am

This hasn't made the news (yet!) but hopefully it will.

There's a Black Taxi Demo today, in London, which I'll be attending, sending a clear message to Transport For London:

Enforce your regulations so that black taxis have a clear and fair playing field.

Boris Johnson has Totally Fucked London over.
Does it help his half-brother works for Goldman-Sachs who have a massive share in Uber?

Please read this and if you're on Twitter please post #savetaxi

http://taxileaks.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/a-message-from-savetaxi-founder-artemis.html

Wish me luck!!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Black taxi demonstration message to TFL: you are Totally Failing London!  Empty Re: Black taxi demonstration message to TFL: you are Totally Failing London!

Post by eddie Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:10 am

Okay it's made the news

http://www.itv.com/news/london/update/2015-07-31/london-taxi-drivers-to-protest-over-driver-regulations/
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Black taxi demonstration message to TFL: you are Totally Failing London!  Empty Re: Black taxi demonstration message to TFL: you are Totally Failing London!

Post by Guest Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:12 am

You protest Eds, Boris Johnson is a tit. And you are exactly right about his half brother and Uber. Nepotism rules!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:14 am

What is the problem exactly?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:32 pm

Cheers sass
It's all about the backhanders isn't it?

@rags read the link provided in the OP
Should explain it
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:40 pm

eddie wrote:Cheers sass
It's all about the backhanders isn't it?

@rags read the link provided in the OP
Should explain it

Ah, the info is in the link to the actual petition.

So it's about a load of private taxis taking over and not doing it properly?

I used to live in London, and on a rainy night when you really want to get somewhere, there's nothing better than the sight of a black cab approaching with the orange light on. It's nearly as good as the sight of the AA man approaching when you've broken down in your car. Laughing

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:00 pm

It was a great day and I hope we made some impact

Funnily enough, David Cameron has a very close friend who works for Uber and these demos never make the TV news...?
In every other country, the taxi demos make the news (the French one made British news but not the English ones????!) and Uber has been banned in many countries....yet here?
Hmmm, not so much.

I smell corruption and backhanders

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/black-cab-drivers-protest-over-lack-of-regulation-of-minicabs-outside-tfl-hq-10430984.html
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:04 pm

These private cabs eddie - can you just flag them down in the street?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:20 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:These private cabs eddie - can you just flag them down in the street?

Not an Uber cab -- you order them online. They're just regular vehicles that are owned by the drivers, not provided by Uber. Here in the States, where Uber is everywhere, people sign up to drive for them online and use their personal vehicles to taxi people around. They can earn anywhere from $15 to nearly $40 per hour.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:54 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:These private cabs eddie - can you just flag them down in the street?

Not an Uber cab -- you order them online. They're just regular vehicles that are owned by the drivers, not provided by Uber. Here in the States, where Uber is everywhere, people sign up to drive for them online and use their personal vehicles to taxi people around. They can earn anywhere from $15 to nearly $40 per hour.

That's right Ben and they're also doing the great American Yellow Taxi out of jobs and that's why they're protesting too.

Rags it's not about the competition it's about the fact that TFL are nor enforcing the same regulations on uber cabs that they enforce upon black cabs and say, yellow taxis
They are not CRB checked for one, and many of these uber drivers are literally off a plane from their homeland and in a car. They have been attempting to molest and rape women - yes, they have, it's been in the papers and even their own website offers ways "not to get raped whilst in our cars" (I will provide a link if needed)

Also Boris Johnson has been putting out 1,000 Uber cars a month, every month, and has literally flooded London with them (it takes an average black taxi driver three years to learn the knowledge and pass out)
Uber drivers have been accused and arrested, where possible, for credit card fraud and often two or three drivers are sharing the same cab using the same driving license.
If that's not enough, many cannot speak English and actually have been cases where a child has been in the front seat translating!

The public are slowly waking up to all  this and realising that uber ain't ao great.

But it's not uber that has failed the Iconic black taxi trade, it's TFL; knowing gall the above and more, they are still Totally Failong London

But money talks.

Last edited by eddie on Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:56 am; edited 1 time in total
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:55 am

Eddie I tried to sign the petition yesterday but the link keeps timing out. Do you know if there is something wrong as to why?

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:25 am

Please read this and all is explained very well

http://taxileaks.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/save-our-black-taxis-demo-windsor-house.html
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:27 am

Cuchulain wrote:Eddie I tried to sign the petition yesterday but the link keeps timing out. Do you know if there is something wrong as to why?

No didge? I'll see if I can find out from the admin team and get back to you

Thanks you for your support x

eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:32 am

eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:12 pm

eddie wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:Eddie I tried to sign the petition yesterday but the link keeps timing out. Do you know if there is something wrong as to why?

No didge? I'll see if I can find out from the admin team and get back to you

Thanks you for your support x

It maybe my work laptop that is causing the issue, so will try my own laptop Eddie how the internet has restrictions on, but if you find out anything please let me know.

Hope they are succesful.

Right no doubt you will be shopping today so enjoy.

Have a good day everyone

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:16 pm

Before I go, just had a thought.

Korben, when you see this, can you check the link and let me know if its my laptop set up or the site link that is causing the issue?

Cheers buddy

https://www.change.org/p/the-mayor-of-greater-london-boris-johnson-enforce-the-guidelines-and-regulations

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:17 pm

Signed - link worked just fine/

Black taxi demonstration message to TFL: you are Totally Failing London!  Black_10

As a Scot I had to put aside English votes for English laws principle but in the interests of solidarity I did it.

Twitterd as well to my thousands of followers Smile

Good luck. Black cabs are the best
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:47 pm

Worked for me too, signed, Facebooked and tweeted.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:10 pm

All okay when using with my own laptop, so now signed the petition.

Good Luck Eddie, hope this is successful

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:29 am

All my thanks to you both sassy and didge xxx

For everyone else:

https://www.change.org/p/the-mayor-of-greater-london-boris-johnson-enforce-the-guidelines-and-regulations
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:30 am

You're welcome. Get into a black cab and you know you are safe because of the regulations and the way they can be traced.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:43 am

sassy wrote:You're welcome.  Get into a black cab and you know you are safe because of the regulations and the way they can be traced.

Exactly!

And regulated fares too. Uber charged a 300% rise ( yes you read that right) in the last train strike!!

Bet Cameron only uses black taxis, bloody hypocrite!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:45 am

300%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is just extortion

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:57 am

Well Cameron has a "very good friend" (godmother to his children no less) who is pretty high up in Uber.....so I'll let you do that math......
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:59 am

It's his was doing 'we're all in it together', only some are together at making money out of the some who are together at having it taken away.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:00 pm

Irn Bru wrote:Signed - link worked just fine/

Black taxi demonstration message to TFL: you are Totally Failing London!  Black_10

As a Scot I had to put aside English votes for English laws principle but in the interests of solidarity I did it.

Twitterd as well to my thousands of followers  Smile

Good luck. Black cabs are the best

Thank you Irn x
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:01 pm

sassy wrote:It's his was doing 'we're all in it together', only some are together at making money out of the some who are together at having it taken away.

He's starting to come across as dodgy to me - never saw it too much when he had Clegg at his side? Perhaps it's just me?

Anyway, nepotism at its best:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3083737/Troubled-taxi-booking-app-Uber-hires-Google-spin-doctor-close-friend-David-Cameron-bid-fix-reputational-problems.html
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:06 pm

I've always thought he was more than dodgy lol.

More nepotism! Rats stick together.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:40 pm

Of course it is completely unfair to force so much regulation on black cabs and then allow these lot to run around without similar regulation.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:37 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Of course it is completely unfair to force so much regulation on black cabs and then allow these lot to run around without similar regulation.

Sign the petition Tommy!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:02 am

Edinburgh black cab drivers have a code of conduct that when they are taking a lone woman to a destination after dark that whenever possible they stay put until they see her safely in the door of wherever she was going. Carole Malone wrote about in the Sunday People when she saw this when she was up here covering the Festival and called for it to be implemented elsewhere.
Fat chance you would see any of this from a private taxi firms. The Edinburgh day out for children with special needs.

http://www.edinburghspotlight.com/2015/06/the-2015-edinburgh-taxi-trade-outing/

Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:21 am

eddie wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:Of course it is completely unfair to force so much regulation on black cabs and then allow these lot to run around without similar regulation.

Sign the petition Tommy!

Yes, C'mon Tommy. Sign the petition.

Black taxi demonstration message to TFL: you are Totally Failing London!  Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ_CFtyzpIixNvh_QkmsI-JrMlg_LZZMhqocnRyT9iysqWHVGFIrw

Smile
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:17 pm

Irn Bru wrote:Edinburgh black cab drivers have a code of conduct that when they are taking a lone woman to a destination after dark that whenever possible they stay put until they see her safely in the door of wherever she was going. Carole Malone wrote about in the Sunday People when she saw this when she was up here covering the Festival and called for it to be implemented elsewhere.
Fat chance you would see any of this from a private taxi firms. The Edinburgh day out for children with special needs.

http://www.edinburghspotlight.com/2015/06/the-2015-edinburgh-taxi-trade-outing/

Irn there are tons and tons of stories of black taxi drivers delivering iPhones, iPads, wallets full of cash (my oh has done this), bags of shopping etc back to their owners when theyve been left in the back of the taxi cab.
They also,take underprivileged children on days out and give free rides to the soldiers the elderly people taking kids etc to hospitals and hospices.

They are an iconic part of our city and they work bloody hard to get their badges.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:29 pm

My uncle Sid was a black cab driver, you could have trusted him with the crown jewels.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:08 pm

sassy wrote:My uncle Sid was a black cab driver, you could have trusted him with the crown jewels.

Sass I know,everyone rates their partners but mine has gone out of his way, lost earning etc to help people out and return lost and valuable items, never taking one penny in a reward.
He gets young, very drunk and vulnerable people home really safely and even knocks on the door of their parental homes to get them in safely.
He's a real credit to his trade as are most of the ones I know, as your uncle Sid was.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:39 pm

eddie wrote:
sassy wrote:My uncle Sid was a black cab driver, you could have trusted him with the crown jewels.

Sass I know,everyone rates their partners but mine has gone out of his way, lost earning etc to help people out and return lost and valuable items, never taking one penny in a reward.
He gets young, very drunk and vulnerable people home really safely and even knocks on the door of their parental homes to get them in safely.
He's a real credit to his trade as are most of the ones I know, as your uncle Sid was.

Are black cab drivers DBS checked Edds?

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:43 pm

Nems wrote:
eddie wrote:

No nems just CRB

Not aware of many professions where DBS is asked for?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:46 pm

I remember coming off the Heathrow Express at Paddington on the way to Carlton Gardens off Pall Mall and they closed the station because of a seecurity alert so we jumped in a taxi. The driver had to go a long way round because of the security alert but he turned off the meter when he thought it was at the amount that it would have been normaly.

Got a big tip for that.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:27 am

eddie wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

That's right Ben and they're also doing the great American Yellow Taxi out of jobs and that's why they're protesting too.

Rags it's not about the competition it's about the fact that TFL are nor enforcing the same regulations on uber cabs that they enforce upon black cabs and say, yellow taxis
They are not CRB checked for one, and many of these uber drivers are literally off a plane from their homeland and in a car. They have been attempting to molest and rape women - yes, they have, it's been in the papers and even their own website offers ways "not to get raped whilst in our cars" (I will provide a link if needed)

Also Boris Johnson has been putting out 1,000 Uber cars a month, every month, and has literally flooded London with them (it takes an average black taxi driver three years to learn the knowledge and pass out)
Uber drivers have been accused and arrested, where possible, for credit card fraud and often two or three drivers are sharing the same cab using the same driving license.
If that's not enough, many cannot speak English and actually have been cases where a child has been in the front seat translating!

The public are slowly waking up to all  this and realising that uber ain't ao great.

But it's not uber that has failed the Iconic black taxi trade, it's TFL; knowing gall the above and more, they are still Totally Failong London

But money talks.

I think at the same time, taxis need to modernize a little. Being able to order up a taxi on your smartphone would be much more convenient. And there are places in the U.S. like Dallas, for example, where there are only about 1,500 taxis for a metropolitan population of nearly 1.3 million.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:41 am

the issue is that Uber doesn't meet the standards for taxi drivers
they need different insurance and all sorts of things
they are driving a private vehicle that is registered as private and only paying private registration and insurance and using it as a commercial vehicle.
IF they have an accident the insurer could very easily brush their hands of all responsibility and now you have someone that 'paid for a journey ' in hospital at the fault of an uninsured driver that considering they are doing Uber jobs Probably cant afford the hospital bills.

Let alone the various criminal checks etc. Plus Uber the comapny shoudl not be allowed to make any money through this, if it does than the drivers are it's employees and it need to pay payroll tax etc and have insurance, Super, etc.

Taxi probably need to adopt some of uber's traits but Uber as-is Should not be allowed is is a major step backward in accountability and public liability which are more important than car trips.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:03 am

Also signed. I think Uber has a place in countries where the current system isn't always ideal (sometimes it is a saviour that Uber exist in Thailand!), but in England it can only be damaging and further, just isn't required.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:23 am

eddie wrote:
Nems wrote:

No nems just CRB

Not aware of many professions where DBS is asked for?

DBS has replaced CRB. When hubby's CRB expires he will do a DBS
It's supposed to be a simpler process, in reality it just costs more Rolling Eyes

That being said, there is no way Uber should be allowed to operate unless it's under the same rules as the black cabs

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:03 pm

Thanks to those who've signed

And here s EXACTLY how TfL have allowed Uber to operate 'within the law'

It's unbelievable

http://www.cityam.com/221363/uber-s-race-bottom-wheels-will-come-controversial-business
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by captain Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:50 pm

Evil or Very Mad I can't believe how greedy certain people are. My god did they not have enough to begin with, they are selling off public land, picking away at everything. The latest from Osborne is the silver, then they pirate the Black Taxi's work. Mad Boris could do with a bit of this Black taxi demonstration message to TFL: you are Totally Failing London!  2347854014 really the devil

@eddie. Well done! Signed. Black taxi demonstration message to TFL: you are Totally Failing London!  1589716573
captain
captain
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:08 am

Thank you cap Jane x
You are absolutely spot on!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:29 am

Why is it Boris Johnson's fault? This Uber company is not his company is it?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:32 am

Raggamuffin wrote:Why is it Boris Johnson's fault? This Uber company is not his company is it?

Well quite apart from the fact that he did a compete U-turn (pardon the intentional pun) about what he promised for black taxis and getting rid of uber....he's just a puppet really - being told by Cameron what to do.
Although Cameron is not supposed to be involved in the London mayors job role and TfL particularly.

Boris is a liar.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:44 am

eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Why is it Boris Johnson's fault? This Uber company is not his company is it?

Well quite apart from the fact that he did a compete U-turn (pardon the intentional pun) about what he promised for black taxis and getting rid of uber....he's just a puppet really - being told by Cameron what to do.
Although Cameron is not supposed to be involved in the London mayors job role and TfL particularly.

Boris is a liar.

How could he get rid of Uber? It's a legitimate company like any other. He can't just ban a company because competitors don't like it.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:57 am

This is what Boris said.

“Everywhere I go I see yellow lights on. I can see the business is dying and that grieves me. But it is very difficult to fight a huge change in consumer preference.

“You’ve also got to face the desire of millions of people in London to travel more cheaply.”

This is about customer demand, and it's down to the customers if they don't want see the black cab trade die. Vote with your feet, so to speak.

I see there is talk that Uber are breaking the law, but I'm not sure how.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/transport/mayor-is-warned-ban-uber-or-you-will-kill-londons-black-cab-trade-10269496.html
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:06 am

Welcome to Tory privatisation, of Boris's vision and to the destruction of the best thing about London's transport system - The black london Cabbie.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next