NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Junior Doctors Pay Imposition

+5
eddie
nicko
Raggamuffin
HoratioTarr
Major
9 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Junior Doctors Pay Imposition - Page 3 Empty Re: Junior Doctors Pay Imposition

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:29 pm

feelthelove wrote:I am fortunate and have worked for the same company for 26 years in May.  I've worked hard and earn a good salary. I have a professional office based job.

However, when I was younger I've worked everything from picking beans in fields, to cooking and waitressing, to retail work including shelf stacking, serving petrol and checking oil and water.  

I can honestly say that I would do whatever I had to do to get by if I lost my job.  I think as you get older you have more choices available to you.  Victor is retired and is able to pick and choose what work he accepts as he's not as dependent on the income or have a family to support.

In 3 years time I hope to be in a similar position that if I were to be made redundant I could afford to take a lower paid job.

I've enjoyed all the jobs I've had, they all have their positives Junior Doctors Pay Imposition - Page 3 Thumbs15

Have you ever done potato picking? Now there's a job which requires some stamina. Strangely enough, the men generally gave up about an hour. Razz
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:30 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:

no ragga...I was pointing exactly WHY I wouldnt shelf stack

the fact, whether you like it or not, is that there are a fair number of folks who just are NOT going to ever be capable of much more, for any number of reasons, that doesnt alter the fact that THEY should get a "fair wage" that allows a reasonable minimum standard of living (I.E a roof over their heads, food in thier bellies, decent clothes on their backs and a decent amount over for the "pleasentries of life") In fact THAT should be the birthright of everyone...as I have said before.....even the unemployed have a right to at least the first 3 and arguably at least some of the fourth.

My earning capacity is down to study, skills and an ability to adapt my skills....and, it has to be said 5 years of lost earning potential during my study years....

so......

FFS, stop being so nasty. People who do shelf stacking aren't inferior to you, or less intelligent. I doubt that anyone would manage to do it for a long time without going mad, but I take my hat off to anyone who can.

If we're talking about "lost years" because of study, I'm owed for at least four years - where's my money? Junior Doctors Pay Imposition - Page 3 3852033631

stop slobbing around in a dead end job and earn it...... Evil or Very Mad
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:31 pm

Lord Foul wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

FFS, stop being so nasty. People who do shelf stacking aren't inferior to you, or less intelligent. I doubt that anyone would manage to do it for a long time without going mad, but I take my hat off to anyone who can.

If we're talking about "lost years" because of study, I'm owed for at least four years - where's my money? Junior Doctors Pay Imposition - Page 3 3852033631

Which dead end job?

The point is that you seem to think you're owed because you "lost" years by studying.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:33 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
feelthelove wrote:I am fortunate and have worked for the same company for 26 years in May.  I've worked hard and earn a good salary. I have a professional office based job.

However, when I was younger I've worked everything from picking beans in fields, to cooking and waitressing, to retail work including shelf stacking, serving petrol and checking oil and water.  

I can honestly say that I would do whatever I had to do to get by if I lost my job.  I think as you get older you have more choices available to you.  Victor is retired and is able to pick and choose what work he accepts as he's not as dependent on the income or have a family to support.

In 3 years time I hope to be in a similar position that if I were to be made redundant I could afford to take a lower paid job.

I've enjoyed all the jobs I've had, they all have their positives Junior Doctors Pay Imposition - Page 3 Thumbs15

Have you ever done potato picking? Now there's a job which requires some stamina. Strangely enough, the men generally gave up about an hour. Razz

It's back breaking work, I haven't Raggamuffin but I remember playing in the fields as a very young child while my Grandmother did. I lived in the country and it was the work available Junior Doctors Pay Imposition - Page 3 Hot11

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:34 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

eeee. spud picking.....I aint done that since 1969....
used to be a good earner in the summer holidays....along with bale hauling. I drove a tractor...on the road at 14 with the "agricultural vehicle" exemption on a learner licence.... pale
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:36 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:

Which dead end job?

The point is that you seem to think you're owed because you "lost" years by studying.

nope...I aint owed anything...I have made it back, and then some

but many havnt...in fact many are saddled with debt as a reward for studying.......
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:37 pm

Lord Foul wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

eeee. spud picking.....I aint done that since 1969....
used to be a good earner in the summer holidays....along with bale hauling.   I drove a tractor...on the road at 14 with the "agricultural vehicle" exemption on a learner licence.... pale

1969..................that was before I was born Junior Doctors Pay Imposition - Page 3 Throw_10

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:40 pm

Lord Foul wrote:
Syl wrote:

Well my mum never shelf stacked so I don't think he did.

I knew some prostitutes when I worked in town, dim they definitely were not.

actually, Ragga makes an important point here, the fact that there are a huge number of folks who simply cannot realistically, do anything much more than the simplest of jobs does tend to overshadow the fact that there are also a fair number of folks even today who are doing menial jobs...simply becasue they have never "got the break" needed to do something better.

you can have all the qualifications in the world, you can have an IQ beyond genius....and end up shovelling shit...Now lets be fair here...if shovelling shit is whats needed then that is an "honourable profession" and you are wrong ragga...I DONT "look down on" those folks...but I see reality when its stares you in the face....
BUT it does leave a sense of "unease" , of something wrong, when we have a society that fails to reward endeavour, or restricts chances for people to improve thei lot.

ask yo8ur self why was Slys mum cleaning..if she was capable of better...

I bet I know.....

society....and how it treated women (in general, let alone from "working class backgrounds") Her mum would have still been cleaning if she was capable of getting a first in astrophysics

it was a wrong then, and to a large extent it is STILL a wrong today....

as to the prostitutes...it is true Syl....they are rarely dim (at least the independant ones) ...they cant afford to be....(and thats ANOTHER "socialproblem" I have issues with...FGS LEGALISE prostitution...jail pimps and such like, introduce regualr medical checks and provide the necessary education/support these girls need...grrrrrrrr)

I agree about the legalisation of prostitution....though it's already legal here but it's made almost impossible to get business legally...so the law should be changed.
Get rid of traffickers and pimps and look after the girls in legal houses and brothels where they can be health and safety checked properly. Let them pay tax and in a couple of generations maybe the stigma will have faded.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:41 pm

you young whippersnappers.... Junior Doctors Pay Imposition - Page 3 3489511464 Junior Doctors Pay Imposition - Page 3 3489511464
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:41 pm

Syl wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:

actually, Ragga makes an important point here, the fact that there are a huge number of folks who simply cannot realistically, do anything much more than the simplest of jobs does tend to overshadow the fact that there are also a fair number of folks even today who are doing menial jobs...simply becasue they have never "got the break" needed to do something better.

you can have all the qualifications in the world, you can have an IQ beyond genius....and end up shovelling shit...Now lets be fair here...if shovelling shit is whats needed then that is an "honourable profession" and you are wrong ragga...I DONT "look down on" those folks...but I see reality when its stares you in the face....
BUT it does leave a sense of "unease" , of something wrong, when we have a society that fails to reward endeavour, or restricts chances for people to improve thei lot.

I bet I know.....

society....and how it treated women (in general, let alone from "working class backgrounds") Her mum would have still been cleaning if she was capable of getting a first in astrophysics

as to the prostitutes...it is true Syl....they are rarely dim (at least the independant ones) ...they cant afford to be....(and thats ANOTHER "socialproblem" I have issues with...FGS LEGALISE prostitution...jail pimps and such like, introduce regualr medical checks and provide the necessary education/support these girls need...grrrrrrrr)

I agree about the legalisation of prostitution....though it's already legal here but it's made almost impossible to get business legally...so the law should be changed.
Get rid of traffickers and pimps and look after the girls in legal houses and  brothels where they can be health and safety checked properly. Let them pay tax and in a couple of generations maybe the stigma will have faded.

Absolutely Junior Doctors Pay Imposition - Page 3 Thumbs16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:42 pm

Lord Foul wrote:you young whippersnappers.... Junior Doctors Pay Imposition - Page 3 3489511464 Junior Doctors Pay Imposition - Page 3 3489511464

Junior Doctors Pay Imposition - Page 3 Smiley19

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:43 pm

Syl wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:

I bet I know.....

Get rid of traffickers and pimps and look after the girls in legal houses and  brothels where they can be health and safety checked properly. Let them pay tax and in a couple of generations maybe the stigma will have faded.

Junior Doctors Pay Imposition - Page 3 919144451 Junior Doctors Pay Imposition - Page 3 919144451 have a greenie :-) alien
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:43 pm

Syl wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:

I bet I know.....

No way - let them tout for business in the streets.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:46 pm

and you have the nerve to accuse ME of "looking down" on people and thier work

Rolling Eyes

Matthew 7:5

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:52 pm

Lord Foul wrote:and you have the nerve to accuse ME of "looking down" on people and thier work

Rolling Eyes

You look down on those who do certain jobs because you consider them to be less intelligent than you though.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:09 pm

Lord Foul wrote:
Syl wrote:

Junior Doctors Pay Imposition - Page 3 919144451 Junior Doctors Pay Imposition - Page 3 919144451  have a greenie :-) alien

Oooh Ta...but I think Rags has cancelled it out. Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:10 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:and you have the nerve to accuse ME of "looking down" on people and thier work

Rolling Eyes

You look down on those who do certain jobs because you consider them to be less intelligent than you though.

No ragga...thats your typically argumentative interpretation of what I said...... Rolling Eyes
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:10 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Syl wrote:

You are joking surely.

If you are not I hope they tout right outside your front door. tongue
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:20 pm

Syl wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:

Junior Doctors Pay Imposition - Page 3 919144451 Junior Doctors Pay Imposition - Page 3 919144451  have a greenie :-) alien

tactical voteing ..... Junior Doctors Pay Imposition - Page 3 3489511464 Junior Doctors Pay Imposition - Page 3 3489511464 Junior Doctors Pay Imposition - Page 3 3489511464 Junior Doctors Pay Imposition - Page 3 3489511464 Junior Doctors Pay Imposition - Page 3 3489511464
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:20 pm

Syl wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

You are joking surely.

There's not much traffic up my street.

I just don't like them - sue me. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:22 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Syl wrote:

You are joking surely.

Nah......you are entitled to your opinions. ...even when they re horrible. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:23 pm

Lord Foul wrote:
Syl wrote:

tactical voteing ..... Junior Doctors Pay Imposition - Page 3 3489511464 Junior Doctors Pay Imposition - Page 3 3489511464 Junior Doctors Pay Imposition - Page 3 3489511464 Junior Doctors Pay Imposition - Page 3 3489511464 Junior Doctors Pay Imposition - Page 3 3489511464

I know....but it made for a colourful post. Razz

Night all. x
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:25 pm

Syl wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I don't think it's horrible - it's more horrible to encourage brothels.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:34 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Syl wrote:

You would be discouraging pimps and traffickers by giving the women who they use as meal tickets the chance to earn their money in a safe environment.
Also it would get young girls and kerb crawlers off the streets. Prostitutes are often drug fuelled, they could be helped and cleaned up if they were in a safe place.
Plus the diseases many of them have and spread could be treated and contained.

A legally run clean business has to be better than an illicit backstreet dive where pimps rule surely.

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:36 pm

Syl wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

You would be discouraging pimps and traffickers by giving the women who they use as meal tickets the chance to earn their money in a safe environment.
Also it would get young girls and kerb crawlers off the streets. Prostitutes are often drug fuelled, they could be helped and cleaned up if they were in a safe place.

A legally run clean business has to be better than an illicit backstreet dive where pimps rule surely.

No, I don't think so - it's encouraging prostitution, and I don't think that's right. If they want to be safe, they should get a different job.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:45 pm

Syl wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I don't agree.  I think that prostitution and the exploitation of sex workers will continue whether brothels are legalised or not.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:46 pm

Well, I have heard it said that every woman sits on a fortune Embarassed Razz
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:53 pm

Lord Foul wrote:Well, I have heard it said that every woman sits on a fortune Embarassed Razz

I know. The price of Victoria's Secret knicks is ruinous!
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:11 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Syl wrote:

I don't agree.  I think that prostitution and the exploitation of sex workers will continue whether brothels are legalised or not.
Well that would be down to the police and the authorities to stamp it out.
We keep hearing of slavery that's operating in the UK....forced prostitution is also slavery, no point in saying it will carry on regardless, that's just a cop out to do nothing about it.

Legal brothels could also offer counselling for the girls.....prostitution is a very complex issue, I doubt the majority of girls and women who end up there start out with this as a career option.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:07 pm

Oldest profession in the world they say,
not true, Eve was an APPLE picker!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:09 pm

Tory activists prevent doctors from attending event with Jeremy Hunt

Doctors who had paid £15 to meet health secretary in Fareham were told reception was cancelled, but it went ahead elsewhere

A meeting of Jeremy Hunt, Conservative activists and junior doctors was never likely to feature cordial conversation over drinks and canapés, scheduled as it was during the fiercest NHS pay and conditions dispute in years.
But when an event on Friday at a hotel in Fareham, Hampshire, was said by local Tories to have been called off, what might have been an uncomfortable couple of hours for the health secretary caused yet more anger.
Doctors who had paid £15 for the pleasure of seeing Hunt later found out that the event had quietly been moved to another location, with those in attendance being checked to ensure that they had no medics in tow.

Kathryn Carey-Jones wrote on Facebook: “ I could have accepted being told I am not allowed to attend given recent events, but I was lied to, to keep me away ... This is dishonesty at its best and would not be accepted from a doctor to a politician. If this is the way the local Conservatives treat their local doctors, what can we expect from the rest? Imagine if we lied to the public like this ...”
GP Emma Nash told Portsmouth News that a friend she was going with, who is a Conservative party member, was refused access to the venue until she convinced organisers that there were no doctors with her.
“I feel really disappointed. There is a lack of respect for me, as a professional, to be told as a medic I’m not allowed to go somewhere where my own secretary of state is going to be,” Nash said.
“If they had said ‘no doctors’, then fine. But to tell us it was cancelled and go and have it at Fareham college is deceitful.
“How are we supposed to have any kind of faith in somebody who deliberately manipulates their way out of seeing us?”

Thomas Fyfe, the chairman of Fareham Conservative Association, was quoted by local media as saying: “Because of the very real threat of disturbance from groups circulating details of our planned reception with Jeremy Hunt, the advertised event was cancelled on security grounds.
“A small party event for party members to meet Mr Hunt was held instead at another location. We regret the inconvenience caused to those who had bought tickets and were unable to attend, all of whom will be offered a full refund.”
Hunt announced last week that the government would impose a new contract on junior doctors that he says is needed to ensure a seven-day NHS. However, the Guardian has established that 152 foundation trusts have the power to come to their own local deals with doctors.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/feb/14/junior-doctors-jeremy-hunt-conservatives-event-fareham

What a coward!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:27 am

Junior Doctors Pay Imposition - Page 3 CbQhnwbW0AEI0x2

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:32 pm

Leaked document reveals Jeremy Hunt's own officials doubt his evidence on seven-day NHS plans
Jeremy Hunt's push for a seven-day NHS has been based on claims that such a scheme would reduce weekend hospital deaths

A leaked document has revealed that Health Minister Jeremy Hunt’s own officials doubt his evidence on a seven-day NHS, it has been reported.

The internal Department of Health report, which has allegedly been leaked to The Guardian, states that it is not possible to prove that a seven-day NHS would lower the number of patients dying at weekends.

It allegedly says that the Department: “cannot evidence the mechanism by which increased consultant presence and diagnostic tests at weekends will translate into lower mortality and reduced length of stay.”

Mr Hunt’s push for seven-day services has been based on his claims that to do so would combat higher death rates on Saturdays and Sundays. The Department has cited a number of studies which apparently observe the trend, including a 2015 report for the British Medical Study which found that every year 11,000 more patients die within a month of visiting hospital if they are treated on a weekend.

The figure has been contested by critics who say the number is not due to lower staffing or services but because those who visit on weekends are more likely to be seriously ill, thereby skewing the figures.

Junior doctors have opposed the proposed changes to their contract which they claim would put patients at risk due to unsafe working hours and conditions for medical staff.

Last week, Mr Hunt announced that after attempts at negotiations with junior doctors, he had decided to proceed with the new contract despite strong opposition.

The Independent has contacted the Department of Health for comment.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/leaked-document-reveals-jeremy-hunts-own-officials-doubt-his-evidence-on-a-seven-day-nhs-a6876476.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:39 pm

The petition to get rid of Hunt has now reached just under 300,000

THATS 300,000 IN 5 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/121152

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:32 am

Hospital trusts threatened with cuts if they refuse to impose new contracts
Health Education England says implementation of contract will be key criterion for making decisions on investment in training

The government has told hospital foundation trusts that they could lose funding for training programmes if they refuse to impose the new contract for junior doctors.
The threat comes in a letter from Health Education England, the Department of Health body responsible for education and training, to chief executives of NHS trusts in England. It states that decisions on awarding funding for training posts will hinge in part on whether a trust decided to rebel against Jeremy Hunt over the new national contract.

Last week, the health secretary announced that he would end protracted negotiations over changes to the junior doctors’ contract to facilitate weekend working by saying he would impose the new contract nationally from 1 August.
However, none of the 152 foundation trust hospitals in England, which are semi-independent, are legally obliged to force junior doctors to accept the junior contract, the Department of Health admitted last week.
The government had feared trusts could be tempted to offer better terms as a means to recruit enough junior doctors to start as trainees in early August.
In the letter, the HEE chief executive, Prof Ian Cumming, said: “We are not prepared to see a system where a competition based on a local employer’s ability to offer different terms is part of the recruitment process. The recruitment process should be based on patient and service need and quality of training as it always has been.
“Therefore implementation of the national contract will be a key criterion for HEE in making its decisions on our investment in training posts.”
The letter followed a separate memo with a similar message sent to chief executives from the NHS Improvement chief executive, Jim Mackey, urging trusts to “play our part in helping pull colleagues together again after this difficult process and ensure consistent implementation across the NHS.”
“I know that, from talking to colleagues over the last few days, we all want this to continue and must maintain this system and implement the contract consistently across the country,” he wrote. “We will do all we can to ensure that this is done effectively. This has, understandably, been a time of conflict and disagreement.”

No foundation trust has yet declared that it will refuse to impose the contract, though Peterborough and Stamford hospitals NHS foundation trust gave a strong hint on Tuesday that it was considering local contracts.
“As a foundation trust all contracts offered to staff are left to our discretion,” the trust’s deputy chief executive, Caroline Walker, told the Peterborough Telegraph.
“However, we will be monitoring the national and local position in the decision process with regards to any contracts offered to junior doctors. At this time no decision has been made, but we would like to reassure patients that high quality of care and their safety is our priority.”
More than 50 doctors at St George’s university hospitals NHS foundation trust have written a joint letter to its chief executive, Miles Scott, asking him to refuse to impose the contract.
Scott was one of the 14 chief executives of trusts cited as supporting the proposal by the government’s chief negotiator, Sir David Dalton, for the government to do “whatever it deems necessary”, and who later denied they supported forcing the terms on junior doctors.
A Department of Health spokesman said: “We expect all hospitals to implement the contract, which is much safer and will better support training and education.”
In their letters, both Cumming and Mackey also said they were concerned about the tone of the debate around junior contracts on social media, particularly with regard to “personal attacks”.
“It is clear that this whole issue has been controversial and many people across the NHS have wanted to ensure their voice was heard on the matter, that is right and proper,” Cumming said.
“However, I have received far too many reports on social media and elsewhere extending beyond fair comment in to the realm of abuse. I do not believe that anyone should have to put up with personal abuse because of their views on this matter,” the letter continued.
Johann Malawana, the BMA’s junior doctor committee chair, accused HEE of “helping to spin the narrative that the abusive party in this is junior doctors”.
“Interestingly, none of us received a letter like this when we were abused in the newspapers,” he tweeted. “We must be more robust.”
Around 2,000 doctors have signed a letter to chief executives of NHS trusts, calling on the hospital chiefs to reject the new contracts which they have been asked to impose on their staff.
Consultants, professors and other staff from more than 150 NHS trusts and 244 medical institutions have put their name to the letter, which claims the deal could have “serious implications for the safety of our patients” leaving staff dangerously stretched.
“Stretching junior doctors over 7-days will leave dangerous gaps in the week and exacerbate the recruitment crisis,” the letters says.
“We therefore request that you, together with colleagues at other Foundation Trusts, collectively reject the imposition of this new contract and urge the government to return to national negotiations to deliver a safe and fair contract.”

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/feb/17/hospital-trusts-threatened-with-cuts-if-they-refuse-to-impose-new-contracts?CMP=share_btn_tw

More blackmail and draconian impositions from this scummy government.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3