NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Junior Doctors Pay Imposition

+5
eddie
nicko
Raggamuffin
HoratioTarr
Major
9 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Junior Doctors Pay Imposition Empty Re: Junior Doctors Pay Imposition

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:47 pm

[quote="Stormee"]http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-35548091

Why is it we give £billions away to forunuz but do not look after our own doctors of the future?[/quote]

I've personally got no sympathy. They should go into the job because they want to help people not for the most money they can earn. The starting rate is nearly £23k for Junior Doctors, which rises to 30K within four years. Eventually their salaries can reach 70K or more. Bearing in mind that they also get a bonus if they work more than 40 hours, I don't see what the fuck they have to complain about. And now they want extra for on a Saturday?

When you think about how many poor saps work longer hours than that, in backbreaking jobs with no prospects and living hand to mouth on a shit wage, then I think those doctors have a good deal.

And I don't subscribe to all the crap about them saving lives etc. So what? That's their job. I think they should be like the police, not allowed to strike.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:53 pm

I think it's a bit daft for doctors to think Saturday is special. People don't stop being ill just because it's the weekend.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:16 am

Can't agree stormee, a rolling week is normal for hundreds of thousands, don't forget they have been offered a pay rise of THIRTEEN AND A HALF % who else has been offered that much? They knew what to expect when they started. This strike has been pushed on them by lefty Unions.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:56 am

Junior doctors' row: NHS chiefs speak out over letter

Some NHS bosses have distanced themselves from suggestions they backed a new junior doctors contract being imposed, after their names were linked to a letter used to justify the move.

Names of 20 chief executives appeared on a letter from the government's chief negotiator, advising it to do "whatever it deems necessary" to end the row.

On Thursday, Health Secretary Jeremy Hunt said a contact would be imposed.

But ten of the letter's signatories say they do not support the decision.
Ministers took the decision to impose the contract in England after their mediator Sir David Dalton advised them a negotiated outcome "no longer seems possible".

[url=http://www.nhsemployers.org/~/media/Employers/Documents/Need to know/Letter to SofS 10 Feb DD FINALFINAL.pdf]In his letter to Mr Hunt,[/url] Sir David said the recommendation "to make sure that a new contract is in place" was supported by "chief executives across the country", and supplied 20 names.

Some half of the signatories have since stressed that they did not agree to the contract being forced on medics.

Sir Andrew Cash, head of Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, said he supported "the improved offer made this week as fair and reasonable", but said: "I do not support imposition."

Meanwhile, Andrew Foster, of Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust, said: "I have not supported contract imposition. I have supported the view that the offer made is reasonable."

'Unfortunate development'

Responding, Sir David told the Health Service Journal (HSJ) the statement they had agreed to "was confirming that the best and final position was considered fair and reasonable, and that they believed the NHS needed certainty and not continuation of the stalemate".

He continued that if anyone wanted to make an inference from this that they supported imposition, "then that is their inference, [but] that is not what [the signatories] have committed their names to".

"I neither want to say they do or that they don't. There is a variety of opinion on this."
The BBC's health editor Hugh Pym said the debate over whether there was wider support among NHS leaders for the government's stance could turn out "to be a storm in a teacup".
But he said it was an "unfortunate development as ministers embarked upon what may prove to be a long-haul task of finalising and pushing through the contract".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-35557135

Government negotiators spinning and lying, whatever next. Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:57 am

Watch junior doctor Rachel Clarke take down 'liar' Jeremy Hunt in a stunning live BBC interview

"I'm saying he's lying."

Junior doctor Rachel Clarke wants an interview with Jeremy Hunt (but she isn't going to get one)

As the conflict between doctors and Health Secretary Jeremy Hunt continues, one junior doctor has grabbed the headlines with a stunningly eloquent interview on BBC News.

She also gives the real reason they are striking and why they won't accept the contract - patient safety.

Do you you want to be treated by a doctor on their knees having working ludicrous hours, I sure as hell don't.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:57 am

It's becoming quite clear that Jeremy Hunt is becoming increasingly desperate in his fight against the Junior Doctors.

On Newsnight tonight Hunt claimed there wasn't a crisis with Junior Doctors and then he launches an investigation into Junior Doctors morale! He also described the BMA and Junior Doctors as militant....
We will save you some time and money Hunt, the reason for low morale amongst Junior Doctors is your failure to listen to health and safety concerns, failure to negotiate and you dishing out insults before forcing these changes on Doctors.

All of us are acutely aware it doesn't stop here, if Hunt forces these changes through he will then try to impose them on all that work in the NHS.

If you haven't yet signed our urgent petition: 'Jeremy hunt must not impose contracts on junior doctors.' Then please do sign now and share
https://t.co/mV75tUu1Z3

Jeremy Hunt launches urgent inquiry into junior doctors' morale
Doctors have threatened to quit the profession over a new contract

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/jeremy-hunt-launches-urgent-inquiry-into-junior-doctors-morale-a6867801.html

'We can't be stretched thinner': junior doctors respond to Jeremy Hunt
We asked doctors to send us their messages for the health secretary after he decided to impose a new contract on them

Today, I started looking into alternative careers. I’ll work to the bone for the patients, but not for your political agenda.
Christopher Shaw, 27, London

How can you, in good conscience, single-handedly destroy the morale of junior doctors around the country with the unilateral imposition of your unfair and unsafe contract and then suggest that setting up an inquiry into why morale is low is a good use of taxpayers’ money?
Despondent Doc, 32, London

You fail to listen and engage with us. You insult our intelligence claiming our union has misled us. We are the few who care for the most vulnerable in our society. You will not break us. This is our NHS. This is only the beginning of our fight for the future of the NHS as we know it.
Dr T, 28, Manchester

I’ve seen some terribly, dreadfully, heartbreakingly sad things as a doctor but today is one of the saddest of my career.
Laura Jarvie, 33, Wimbledon

I am one of the thousands of juniors deciding to leave England to continue my medical career. I want to work in the NHS but I refuse to work in a system that will neglect my training and make it less safe for both patients and doctors. Well done Mr Hunt.
Jack Stewart, 27, London

I have no words to describe the utter despair felt by my friends and colleagues. Continuity of care will be a buzzword of the past with the new rotas. The weekends have less staff currently – instead of increasing funding for staffing they are just going to spread us over seven instead of five days. And this somehow is meant to be safer?
Cate, 27, UK

I need the health secretary to stop LYING and start listening. We are already mentally and physically exhausted and can’t be stretched thinner, financially or professionally. He has been warned of the effects of imposition repeatedly and can’t claim ignorance when the NHS collapses in August.
anonymous, 37, Derbyshire

I’m one of many British junior doctors working in Australia at the moment and this decision from the government today has put to bed any thoughts or a return home to work anytime soon. Work here is fun, well rewarded with a great work life balance, a far cry from the terribly low regard for which Mr Hunt and the Conservative party hold for not only junior doctors but all public sector workers.

Ian Mckellow, 29, Darwin

Today is a sad day in British history. Some of the best and brightest young minds feel devalued and disenfranchised by the Secretary of State for Health. He will forever be remembered as the man who dismantled one of the greatest institutions in the world, the NHS.
Eva Chakraborti, 29, London

I am saddened by your decision. I care about my patients and believe in free public healthcare, but I am forced to consider switching profession/leaving England to have a reasonable quality of life. I hope you have a plan to cope with losing so many doctors.
anonymous, 30, Oxford

I am Pan. I have spent years absorbing and carrying the tears of British families who hugged me even when I could not do anything more – only to become demoralised by your government. I am going home, to Greece. Your children will be the ultimate judge.
Panagis Kyrtatos, 31, London

You have been met with overwhelming opposition to this contract at every stage of its development. 98% of junior doctors said they were willing to strike because of it, an unprecedented majority. Why have you refused to listen to the concerns of the doctors who work in the very hospitals you are destroying?
Joshua, 28, York

You have so far done unimaginable harm to the public and our health service. However it is not too late. You could actually apologise and listen. Please do that, soon, and win back the respect of the country.
Ben White, 33, London

On another 12-day stretch, living 200 miles from my husband I am overcome with uncertainty and sadness. Having spent four nights with my husband in the last month, the sacrifice no longer seems worth it. My place within the NHS is no longer compatible with the life that I choose. I choose life.
Henrietta Creasy, 29, Leeds

Having worked 117 hours in the last nine days (including all weekend!), I have nothing but contempt for the way in which you have lied to the public about our working hours. Your contract removes vital safeguards that prevent trusts from overworking doctors. I will be unsafe for my patients under your contract.
anonymous, 30, England

Your imposition of an unfair and unsafe contract is a massive risk to patient safety, which you claim to want to protect. How can you justify your actions when 54,000 junior doctors think you’re wrong?
Sarah, 23, West Yorkshire

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/feb/11/we-cant-be-stretched-thinner-junior-doctors-respond-to-jeremy-hunt

Everywhere that stupid man goes he causes chaos.  

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/121262

Petition Jeremy Hunt to resume meaningful contract negotiations with the BMA.
J.Hunt is to impose a new contract. As incoming junior doctors, with GMC registration, starting work as an FY1 in August 2016 and junior doctors working within the NHS we will refuse to sign the imposed contract and will continue strike action on behalf of the medical profession and greater public.
More details  Sign this petition

Has 43,000 signatures already, do it again and Parliament has to discuss it. 

Get rid of him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:15 am

Junior Doctor Richard Bowman Tells Jeremy Hunt He's 'Picked A Fight With The Wrong Crowd' In Damning Facebook Post

An NHS worker has written a damning account of a shift in which he was the only doctor looking after 100 acutely ill patients.

Last night I was the sole doctor on site caring for over 100 patients who were acutely unwell with complications from their cancer. Some couldn't breath, some were fighting overwhelming infections with literally no immune system, one had bleeding in their head, one had a blockage in their bowels. If I made a mistake because I was tired, any one of these patients could've died.

Every cancer patient in the south birmingham region has a direct line to call for advice or help. 11 new unwell patients arrived and I assessed and treated them too.

There was not a single manager in the whole hospital. Last night, I ran the oncology service for the whole south birmingham region from inside the biggest teaching hospital in Europe.

Apparently I have no transferable skills to find a different job.

And then I stood on a picket line in the cold to save our NHS. But my shift wasn't during the strike, it was just what countless other junior doctors do everyday.

I am 27 years old. I work 60 hours a week, for the 48 that I'm paid for, I earn £18/hour.

Apparently I lack vocation, I'm overpaid and I need to work harder.

Screw you Jeremy Hunt. We never asked for thanks. All we do is for our patients, how dare you try and turn them against us. All of this is your government's fault. Well you've picked a fight with the wrong crowd.

Go on, announce imposition, and just see what the most resilient, driven, passionate, intelligent group of people in Britain do next. Bring it on.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2016/02/12/junior-doctor-contracts-jeremy-hunt-facebook_n_9216126.html?utm_hp_ref=tw

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:21 am

So is the problem just a shortage of doctors? If they don't want to work weekends, of course there won't be many doctors on duty on those days. If they work weekends they'll want time off in the week. It should be possible to sort that out - after all, shops which are open 7 days a week manage it.

In my experience, it is really hard to find a doctor if you go to a hospital at weekends or bank holidays - they're just not around.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:37 am

£18 an hour, what you got to moan about?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:43 am

FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   With what they do and how long they have to train and the responsiblies they have?   Are you nuts.  Frigging politicians get more than that.   Considering what they have done for you, I think you are bloody ungrateful.   Blasted footballers get more than that.  Little oiks standing on a stage and singing pop songs get more than then.  Where are your priorities FGS!

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:51 am

Ask a soldier on the front line if he'd like £18 an hour for being shot at and risking his life 24 hours a day.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:00 am

6 weeks training again 6 years?  Saving people instead of killing them.  I know who I'd pay quite a lot more.

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:16 am

I was told about you on other forums, what I was told seems to be true. I thought i'd give you the benefit of the doubt, but you are truly a sad hate full old biddy.

what happened to you to turn into someone so hate full?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:21 am

Nicko, are you not grateful for what doctors did for you?   Haven't you recognised how much we rely on them, what would happen to us if the NHS crumbled?   It is hateful to prefer people to save lives than to take them?  Wow, you have a very odd set of priorities.  Next time you are at the hospital, remember to tell them that you don't think the amount of time they work should be limited etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:22 am

sassy wrote:Nicko, are you not grateful for what doctors did for you?   Haven't you recognised how much we rely on them, what would happen to us if the NHS crumbled?   It is hateful to prefer people to save lives than to take them?  Wow, you have a very odd set of priorities.  Next time you are at the hospital, remember to tell them that you don't think the amount of time they work should be limited etc.

She has a point Nicko!!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:29 am

Absolutely, and what the hell will we do if they all walk out and go and work in a country that values them, because they could do that quite easily, they are in demand all over the world.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:32 am

(C)Hunt is managing the NHS so well, A&E are in crisis.

Junior Doctors Pay Imposition CbAi8qTWwAAsaZd

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:35 am

sassy wrote:FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   With what they do and how long they have to train and the responsiblies they have?   Are you nuts.  Frigging politicians get more than that.   Considering what they have done for you, I think you are bloody ungrateful.   Blasted footballers get more than that.  Little oiks standing on a stage and singing pop songs get more than then.  Where are your priorities FGS!

Are you thinking of One Direction by any chance? Laughing

Doctors are much more useful than the likes of David Beckham obviously, or his "celebrity" wife. However, that's a different issue, so there's no point making the comparison.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:38 am

And for any of you who haven't actually twigged what Hunt is up to:

Jeremy Hunt co-authored book calling for NHS to be replaced with private insurance
'Direct Democracy: An Agenda For A New Model Party' called for the 'denationalisation' of the NHS

Jeremy Hunt co-authored a policy pamphlet that called for the NHS to be replaced by an insurance system.

The 2005 policy book, called Direct Democracy: An Agenda For A New Model Party, was a collection of writings authored by a group of Tory MPs.
Amongst other ideas, the book contained a blueprint for replacing the NHS with an insurance market system – and called for the private sector to be brought in.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/jeremy-hunt-privatise-nhs-tories-privatising-private-insurance-market-replacement-direct-democracy-a6865306.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:18 pm

Junior Doctors Pay Imposition Ca94HoiW4AE82Mj

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:20 pm

Junior Doctor Richard Bowman Tells Jeremy Hunt He's 'Picked A Fight With The Wrong Crowd' In Damning Facebook Post

The full post reads...

Last night I was the sole doctor on site caring for over 100 patients who were acutely unwell with complications from their cancer.

Some couldn't breath, some were fighting overwhelming infections with literally no immune system, one had bleeding in their head, one had a blockage in their bowels. If I made a mistake because I was tired, any one of these patients could've died.

Every cancer patient in the south birmingham region has a direct line to call for advice or help. 11 new unwell patients arrived and I assessed and treated them too.

There was not a single manager in the whole hospital. Last night, I ran the oncology service for the whole south birmingham region from inside the biggest teaching hospital in Europe.

Apparently I have no transferable skills to find a different job.

And then I stood on a picket line in the cold to save our NHS. But my shift wasn't during the strike, it was just what countless other junior doctors do everyday.

I am 27 years old. I work 60 hours a week, for the 48 that I'm paid for, I earn £18/hour.

Apparently I lack vocation, I'm overpaid and I need to work harder.

Screw you Jeremy Hunt. We never asked for thanks. All we do is for our patients, how dare you try and turn them against us. All of this is your government's fault. Well you've picked a fight with the wrong crowd.

Go on, announce imposition, and just see what the most resilient, driven, passionate, intelligent group of people in Britain do next. Bring it on.

Full article here:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2016/02/12/junior-doctor-contracts-jeremy-hunt-facebook_n_9216126.html
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:22 pm

I posted it above Eds, but it absolutely tells it like it is, good for him.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:25 pm

sassy wrote:I posted it above Eds, but it absolutely tells it like it is, good for him.

Oops sorry. I just came across it somewhere else and had to post it!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:31 pm

eddie wrote:
sassy wrote:I posted it above Eds, but it absolutely tells it like it is, good for him.

Oops sorry. I just came across it somewhere else and had to post it!

I know, I felt like that, wanted to shake his hand!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:32 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
nicko wrote:Ask a soldier on the front line if he'd like £18 an hour for being shot at and risking his life 24 hours a day.

I think the soldier who's been shot will be grateful that the Doctor saved his life. He'd probably want him to be paid more.

Frankly, I don't want a cheap Doctor. Like Dr Nick "Hi everybody!" Reviera!

LOL!!!!   That would be truly scary!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:35 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
nicko wrote:Ask a soldier on the front line if he'd like £18 an hour for being shot at and risking his life 24 hours a day.

I think the soldier who's been shot will be grateful that the Doctor saved his life. He'd probably want him to be paid more.

Frankly, I don't want a cheap Doctor. Like Dr Nick "Hi everybody!" Reviera!

Well,said Zack
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:37 pm

Junior Doctors Pay Imposition Ca7kZZwWAAAItK3

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:41 pm

I've got to steal your sig pic
I do like that
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:42 pm

Steal away, it's great lol

Gotta get a bit of work done bbl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:17 pm

Just had to put this on.

Did Jeremy Hunt just try to sack every junior doctor in England?

The announcement that Jeremy Hunt was to impose a new contract on the junior doctors in England was met in trade union offices up and down the country with disbelief and shock.  Such a clearly desperate act of bravado on the part of the Secretary of State revealed a level of recklessness and ignorance of the basic facts of employment law.

Imposing a new contract without consent requires every one of the 53,000 junior doctors to be dismissed from their post and offered a new post under the imposed contract terms.

That’s right – sack every single doctor in England.

It isn’t without precedent – across public services, many employers have considered this as a last resort.  Most, however, have backed away.  It is fraught with legal risks – in 2007 a group of 200+ UNISON members in Stroud District Council were awarded £250,000 compensation over similar moves. Imagine the sum payable to 50,000+ junior doctors?  Staff dismissed can accept the new contract and claim unfair dismissal, as shown by the Hogg vs Dover College case.

53,000 employment tribunal applications anyone?

Of course, the act of imposing a new contract falls to the employer.

Fortunately for junior doctors, Jeremy Hunt is not the employer.  His Government were so keen to hand over our NHS to the private sector that the Secretary of State was stripped of many employers’ powers under the Health and Social Care Act 2012.

The sound of jaws dropping at the sheer stupidity of threatened imposition was drowned out by the NHS employers retreating from any perceived support for this act.  Employers in the NHS know that it would be destructive, divisive and damage already rock bottom morale. Most worrying of all, what happens if junior doctors, on reading their dismissal letters and looking at their new contract decide that enough is enough and leave the NHS? How many doctors in my region of Bristol and the West of England would look over the bridge to Wales, where a different Goverment runs the NHS with a different approach? And how many more would leave to work abroad, joining the growing exodus of talent, a fact so often overlooked by commentators desperate to publish panic tales of migrants swarming the country while ignoring the fact that our real problem is an increasing shortage of skilled staff in the health and social care sector?

I visited picket lines in Bristol yesterday and talked to junior doctors, who have trained for years. They love their jobs and want to make sure they work safely and do the best for patients. These people deserve better from the government and the secretary of state.

All of us do – and the overwhelming support for the strike from patients, NHS staff and two thirds of the public show growing demand for a different approach. 2020 can’t come soon enough and we need to keep up the pressure on the Tories. As they move to sack our doctors during #HeartUnions week, there’s only one side to be on.

Joanne Kaye is the regional secretary for Unison South West.

http://leadersoftheopposition.com/2016/02/12/did-jeremy-hunt-just-try-to-sack-every-junior-doctor-in-england/

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:32 pm

I actually WANT Hunt to have a heart attack and die whilst waiting for one of his taxi drivers to collect him and take him to an overworked and understaffed A&E.
And private hospitals don't do A&E.
Harsh,but it would send a message to Cameron his stance is just wrong.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:57 pm

There's some heartless bastards on this forum.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:12 pm

Think about Military Medics, the conditions they have to work in. They get nowhere near as much as these greedy docs.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:19 pm

nicko wrote:There's some heartless bastards on this forum.
There arw some heartless bastards in Government
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:24 pm

Spot on Andy.  IDS is killing off people claiming disability, people are killing themselves because of the bedroom tax etc, Hunt is trying to dismantle the NHS which would mean only the rich get treated properly, home evictions are at their highest ever, more and more food banks are needed, and would believe, now their are clothes banks, and WE'RE the heartless ones!!!!   You couldn't bloody make it up.

Nicko, the only thing you seem capable of doing is kneeling down, letting them kick you, and going baaa baaa, please do it some more!!!!!!!!!!   While you are at it, give them your nice wooly coat to keep them warm and grovel while you freeze.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:39 pm

Andrew Mitchell's daughter calls for sacking of Jeremy Hunt

Dr Hannah Mitchell, in a letter to the Guardian, says health secretary is ‘either dishonest or stupid’

The daughter of the former cabinet minister Andrew Mitchell, a junior NHS doctor, has called for Jeremy Hunt to be sacked, accusing the health secretary of misusing statistics and alienating “an entire generation of junior doctors”.

Dr Hannah Mitchell, who is currently working on a research fellowship in Botswana as part of her post-foundation programme, warns that the morale of junior doctors is at “breaking point” after the health secretary imposed a new contract.

In a letter to the Guardian, Mitchell writes: “What Jeremy Hunt has managed to achieve is nothing short of spectacular. Health secretaries have come and gone, imposing new measures of varying unpopularity on the NHS but not one has managed to so completely unite doctors in their dislike and alienate healthcare workers across the board in the way he has.

“He says we lack vocation, he paints us as the problem. The morale of the workforce is at breaking point, with imposition the goodwill of doctors who work hours beyond those they are rota-ed and paid to do will dry up.”
Mitchell, who says she is likely to seek permanent work in South Africa after her research fellowship in Botswana and then a posting in Sierra Leone, says her colleagues have been incensed by Hunt’s claim that the new contract needs to be introduced to avoid preventable deaths at the weekend. Under the new contract doctors will be paid their normal rate for working on Saturdays between 7am and 5pm as part of the government’s plan to create a seven-day NHS.

“I am one of the many junior doctors who have left the UK. If he goes ahead with imposition of contract I am certainly unlikely to return to the UK to continue clinical practice. The health secretary has alienated an entire generation of junior doctors, we have no confidence in him, he must be sacked.”

The health secretary has been accused of distorting the findings of a report, published in the British Medical Journal last year, which highlighted the fact that 11,000 more deaths occur within 30 days of admission to hospitals between Fridays and Mondays.

Mitchell says Hunt has misused the report. She says: “The health secretary is not even clear on what he means by a seven-day-week NHS. He continues to misuse research to support his arguments. He has been told the statistics he uses are not correct, meaning he is either dishonest or stupid, I don’t know which is worse. He demonises the BMA, and lies about their actions. They are not a militant union; they are the very moderate voice representing junior doctors in the UK.”

The junior doctor is also furious with Hunt’s suggestion that the new contract would introduce a sense of vocation for medical staff. “That is the most inflammatory and appalling thing to say as a health secretary about junior doctors,” she says.

Andrew Mitchell told the Guardian: “There is no three-line whipping system in the Mitchell family. We are an open democracy and there is no dad in the country who is prouder of his daughters and the fantastic doctor that Hannah has become.

“Whatever the merits of this matter the junior hospital doctors are a dedicated, hard-working and inspiring group of people, although inevitably the government is responsible for managing this resource.”

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/feb/12/andrew-mitchell-daughter-calls-for-sacking-of-jeremy-hunt

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:42 pm

Is all this fuss just because doctors want to be paid more for working on Saturdays?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:45 pm

OFGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is a video above.  Watch it.  Then you won't need to ask.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:48 pm

sassy wrote:OFGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is a video above.  Watch it.  Then you won't need to ask.

That would be a "yes" then.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:55 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
sassy wrote:OFGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is a video above.  Watch it.  Then you won't need to ask.

That would be a "yes" then.

No, that wouldn't be a 'yes' then, it would be the main thing is patient safety but you would rather someone else spoonfed you rather than actually watching a very short video to get it straight from the horses mouth.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:11 pm

Junior Doctors Pay Imposition CbC-NIFWAAEZD5N

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:41 pm

Hospitals may refuse to impose Jeremy Hunt’s new contract on junior doctors
Tory unrest grows over health secretary’s gamble as opt-out could lead to a flood of local deals with trusts

Hospitals may go it alone and refuse to impose the new contract on junior doctors proposed by the health secretary, Jeremy Hunt, on NHS trainee medics from August.

The Guardian has established that none of the 152 foundation trust hospitals in England will be obliged to force their junior doctors to accept the deal and can instead offer them better terms.

The disclosure of an opt-out for top hospitals threatens to derail the health secretary’s controversial push to impose new terms and conditions on all 45,000 junior doctors that has sparked their bitter and long-running dispute.

Labour claimed the loophole showed that Hunt’s plan was falling apart. “Jeremy Hunt’s decision to impose the junior doctors’ contract seems to be unravelling with every day that goes by,” said the shadow health secretary, Heidi Alexander.

“The fact that hospitals are trying to find ways around contract imposition underlines the extent to which the decision to impose a contract that nobody wants would destroy morale in the NHS.”

Hunt is facing increasing criticism over his move, including from fellow Conservatives. Dr Dan Poulter MP, who was a health minister until last May and led the early negotiations on the junior doctors’ new contract in 2014, described Hunt’s decision on Thursday as “a dark day for the NHS and the future of medicine”.

The Department of Health confirmed that foundation trusts, which are semi-independent of NHS control, could not be compelled to introduce the contract. “Foundation trusts are not mandated to bring in the new contract. They can negotiate locally. However, [non-foundation] trusts are [obliged to use Hunt’s contract],” a spokesman said.

The opt-out could create a free-for-all among foundation trusts over the next few months as they try to recruit enough junior doctors to start as trainees in a medical specialism in early August.

Alastair Currie, an employment law partner at Bevan Brittan specialising in NHS contracts, said a few trusts – including Southend in Essex and Guy’s and St Thomas’s in London – had already introduced terms and conditions for some staff that differed slightly from those imposed by all other trusts.
The BMA, usually opposed to local deals, may see terms offered by individual trusts as preferable to Hunt’s contract. It opposes any of Saturday becoming part of a junior doctor’s normal working week, but Hunt has designated that 7am to 5pm on Saturdays should be included.
Labour accused Hunt of misleading parliament on Thursday by claiming in his Commons statement that an array of “senior NHS leaders” backed imposition. Thirteen of the 20 supposed signatories of a letter of support have since disowned it and said they do not back Hunt.

A growing number of medical organisations are warning that Hunt’s move will worsen the NHS’s shortage of medical staff. In a strongly worded statement, the Royal College of Surgeons of England said it feared imposition could irreparably harm the NHS’s relationship with doctors and deter young medics abroad from choosing to work in England.

“Doctors in training are essential for the delivery of safe, high-quality patient care. The imposition of a contract takes us even further away from a goal to make the NHS the most attractive place in the world for doctors to work,” it said in a joint statement with the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh and the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow.

The organisations branded Hunt’s decision “extremely regrettable” and stressed their view that “a contract must not be imposed”. Imposition would exacerbate junior doctors’ already low morale, they said.

Hunt maintains that enforcing the contract is necessary in order to let hospital bosses recruit more junior doctors to work at weekends and usher in the so-called seven-day NHS. But the surgical colleges disputed his claim that doing so would reduce death rates among patients admitted to hospital at the weekend. “This contract alone will not resolve that issue, not least because most junior doctors already work at weekends,” they said.

The BMA has pledged to fight the imposition and is considering what action to take. Its junior doctors committee meets on 20 February to decide its next move, which may include a legal challenge to Hunt.
More than 50 junior doctors at St George’s university hospitals NHS foundation trust have written a joint letter to its chief executive, Miles Scott, who is on record as opposing the imposition of the contract, asking him to refuse to force through the deal.

“We were also grateful for your clarification that you ‘do not support imposition’ of the new junior doctor contract,” their letter reads. “As a foundation trust, you are not mandated to bring in the new contract for junior doctors, as you can decide to negotiate locally.

“In view of this and in light of your statement today, we would be grateful for your reassurance that St George’s will not be imposing a new contract on junior doctors.”

Scott was one of the 14 chief executives of trusts cited as supporting the Dalton review’s proposal for the government to do “whatever it deems necessary” to get the contract through and who later denied they had agreed to that stance.

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/feb/12/hospitals-jeremy-hunt-junior-doctors-contract?CMP=twt_gu

What an utter plank Hunt is!

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:17 pm

[quote="Stormee"]Is it not about the long dangerous hours they are MADE to work.

It is a special rare kind of person who wantz to chop humanz up so we should conserve, preserve them not kickem to bitz.
WE NEED THEM[/quote]

In that case, you should be fine to have foreign doctors and nurses sewing up your prostate.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next