NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Females Cooking In The Home

+2
Raggamuffin
Major
6 posters

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Females Cooking In The Home Empty Re: Females Cooking In The Home

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:23 pm

What's the difference between heating up a burger and heating up roast beef?

I wouldn't do either obviously. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:00 pm

Quite a lot lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:29 pm

Family values have changed...for the worst in my opinion.
Many women work full time now and their families, including cooking for them, take a back seat.
I believe family meals (which means sitting round a table eating good food) are an important way of families communicating and staying interested in one another.....I know lots of homes where this doesn't happen anymore.

However if the wife/mother is working full time, the husband/dad should share household responsibilities.....and there's no reason why cooking should be excluded from them.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:26 pm

I agree, I get really mad when pressure is put on Mums to go out to work, and politicians deride them for staying at home.  I worked from home when my kids were little and finally had to go back to work properly when my youngest was 12 and it wasn't something I wanted to do.  I wanted to be home if they were sick and when they got back from school.  I was lucky that my eldest was 16 by then.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:43 pm

I agree Sassy.
I was a stay at home mum till my son went to senior school....then I got a part time job.
I was lucky because we had the choice, but the choice was we went without a lot of luxuries which people expect as their right nowadays....but the upside was we spent a lot of family time together.

Women are under pressure though, I know when I opted to stay at home till my son was 11 I got some sarky comments, like the odd insinulation I was lazy for not working outside the home. I imagine it's a lot worse nowadays because people would just assume you were on benefits, which need not be the case at all.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:02 pm

Quite right.  I had the time when my kids were little, to teach them the basics of the piano (turned out they were all really musical, but the youngest one wrote a symphony), we did cooking together and crafts (used to by the self hardening clay, and we wrote poetry and it was the very best time.  Not many mums get the chance anymore.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:17 pm

Stormee wrote:
Syl wrote:Family values have changed...for the worst in my opinion.
Many women work full time now and their families, including cooking for them, take a back seat.
I believe family meals (which means sitting round a table eating good food) are an important way of families communicating  and staying interested in one another.....I know lots of homes where this doesn't happen anymore.

However if the wife/mother is working full time, the husband/dad should share household responsibilities.....and there's no reason why cooking should be excluded from them.

Yes Syl, you are right family valuez have changed for the worst IMHO.

There are more singul motherz out there than I could have ever envisaged.

When I was littul most dads seemed to work and the women ran the household, when dad came home from factory work, he had a catlick, his dinner was 'on the table', that was when the family sat down to dine together.

Husbandz, dadz in the main contributed littul or nowt towardz the day to day running of the household, today more men do help in the home when there is a stable relationship although I cannot see many being capabul of cooking a 'proper roast'..

Well many (most) top chefs are male, but initially everyone needs to be taught the basics, I'm sure most men could master a roast after a couple of goes.

I do think casual relationships which result in children, or even being in a relationship..  having kids and not being prepared to stick it out, is the main cause of family changes, and I don't think it's old fashioned to think like that either.
But don't forget for every single mum there is a single dad.

Also the obsession with technology, that has as much to do with fragmented family relationships as anything else imo.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:30 pm

It's odd really...we now live in a world where women are in control of who they sleep with and when/if to start a family.

Not that long ago the only choice a woman had was to say 'No'....no pill, no rights, no earning power... no nothing in her favour when it came to male/female relationships.

Yet we now have millions of single parent and fragmented families.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:25 pm

I would never have children and then leave them with someone else whilst I went to work.
They are small for such a short while. Sad

As for cooking, I have two lazy days: one day like a Saturday when we have takeaway or eat out, and a "chip day" when we have chips with something (usually chicken for children or salmon), but in all honesty, my kids prefer a curry or pasta than chips mostly.

(I don't like oven chips at all and don't do deep fat fryers etc so I rarely eat chips anyway.)
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:48 pm

eddie wrote:I would never have children and then leave them with someone else whilst I went to work.

As for cooking, I have two lazy days: one day like a Saturday when we have takeaway or eat out, and a "chip day" when we have chips with something (usually chicken for children or salmon), but in all honesty, my kids prefer a curry or pasta than chips mostly.

(I don't like oven chips at all and don't do deep fat fryers etc so I rarely eat chips anyway.)

The time when I was a stay at home mum was a really happy time.
I loved being a full time mum, I loved my sons company and found mums who couldn't wait to palm their kids off a bit odd....though each to their own.

You are right about them being small flying past....my grandson is now 18, and it's only a couple of years ago he was born. Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:50 pm

Stormee wrote:
Syl wrote:It's odd really...we now live in a world where women are in control of who they sleep with and when/if to start a family.

Not that long ago the only choice a woman had was to say 'No'....no pill, no rights, no earning power... no nothing in her favour when it came to male/female relationships.

Yet we now have millions of single parent and fragmented families.

There is only one boss in our house Syl as you well know. lol

I believe in a proper married male female relationship this enables the child/children to have a proper family life mainly.

I have seen far too many fragmented families during my lifetime so far, it is not usually good.

Fragmented families come with problems that's for sure Stormee.
I have seen that first hand. Even with lots of love there will always be problems, if not with the kids then with the parents.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:36 pm

Syl wrote:
eddie wrote:I would never have children and then leave them with someone else whilst I went to work.

I loved being a full time mum, I loved my sons company and found mums who couldn't wait to palm their kids off a bit odd....though each to their own.

You are right about them being small flying past....my grandson is now 18, and it's only a couple of years ago he was born. Laughing

Wow. He's 18.... And there's me thinking you were only 21 yourself cheers

I like being at home with them. I do moan about it sometimes and it can be boring occasionally, but then so are most things if you do them all the time.

Had a lovely afternoon today. Made my daughter a shopping list and we went to tesco after nursery, and she had to find all the things on her list....(asked me why "sweets" were not on there lol)
Did some colouring in with her - so therapeutic! - then we made her dad a valentine card.

Housework tomorrow. Pffffffff
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:47 pm

sassy wrote:Quite a lot lol.

the frenchman in me has to disagree

'english style' is just meat and heat Cool
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:28 pm

those who say they cant cook are just lazy b'stards

there is nothing either difficult OR mysterious about cooking

admittedly to cook a nice meal well requirs time and attention to detail. but the actual doing of it is mere "bucket chemistry"

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:40 pm

Think it's timing more than anything, and knowing when something needs slow cooking and when it needs quick, high heat.   And knowing how to pack flavour in.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:15 pm

sassy wrote:Think it's timing more than anything, and knowing when something needs slow cooking and when it needs quick, high heat.   And knowing how to pack flavour in.

Basically yes!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:06 pm

eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:

Wow. He's 18.... And there's me thinking you were only 21 yourself cheers

I like being at home with them. I do moan about it sometimes and it can be boring occasionally, but then so are most things if you do them all the time.

Had a lovely afternoon today. Made my daughter a shopping list and we went to tesco after nursery, and she had to find all the things on her list....(asked me why "sweets" were not on there lol)
Did some colouring in with her - so therapeutic! - then we made her dad a valentine card.

Housework tomorrow. Pffffffff

Your afternoon sounds like it was lovely yesterday eddie..
I was bought a colouring book and pencils for Christmas. I thought maybe it's because I can be really childish at times tongue but No....apparently adult colouring books are all the rage now.

Awww....a home made card is so much better than a bought one (I sadly bought one this year)
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:05 am

I bought mine too Syl, she just wanted to make one for her daddy lol

I don't do the adult colouring in books, they're too tiny! I prefer the kid's ones
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down