NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guess which company warns its employees against eating fast food?

4 posters

Go down

Guess which company warns its employees against eating fast food? Empty Guess which company warns its employees against eating fast food?

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:06 pm

"Fast foods are quick, reasonably priced, and readily available alternatives to home cooking. While convenient and economical for a busy lifestyle, fast foods are typically high in calories, fat, saturated fat, sugar, and salt and may put people at risk for becoming overweight," reads one post on the site.

Here's an image from the site:

Guess which company warns its employees against eating fast food? Screen%20shot%202013-12-23%20at%2010.15.07%20AM

If you thought that it would be impossible for McDonald's to pull a whopper of a blunder (pun intended) such as this ... you'd be wrong. That link leads to the blank page they replaced their employee resources site with after all the ridicule.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101293024
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Guess which company warns its employees against eating fast food? Empty Re: Guess which company warns its employees against eating fast food?

Post by Guest Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:45 am

I give up.

Back to top Go down

Guess which company warns its employees against eating fast food? Empty Re: Guess which company warns its employees against eating fast food?

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:04 am

You gave up reading?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:37 am

I saw that. Strange.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:04 am

I have to say that McDonalds have the best hamburgers and fries that i've ever tasted in my life!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:24 am

Catman wrote:I have to say that McDonalds have the best hamburgers and fries that i've ever tasted in my life!

Oh, you poor, underprivileged soul, you really are a long way from Texas, aren't you?

Tell you what -- if you ever get the inclination to come here, I'll show you some burgers that will make McDonald's taste like the styrofoam they're packaged in. You might end up moving here!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:36 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:Tell you what

Excuse me, I got a bit Texan on that post. That translates as:

"Allow me, kind sir, to make a proposal."

(In English)
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:23 am

Catman wrote:I have to say that McDonalds have the best hamburgers and fries that i've ever tasted in my life!

Really? Just about any pub in the UK does better burgers imo, including Wetherspoons. Burger King aren't that much cop but even they beat the slop the Maccy D's serve up  Laughing Then of course there are the many restaurants which specialize in that sort of thing  Smile 

As for them warning about their own food- it is pathetic. This is up there with their recent campaign in the UK on how to live on the minimum wage...
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:35 am

@catman
Do u not eat burgers?

Maccas isn't too bad here (very consistent, but fake tasting)

But most Independent Takeaway will do a bigger/better one.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:44 am

I regards to the article I think it is actually fair enough, both sides are Maccas I think. I don't eat there enough to be sure but I have seen ads for the 'healthy choices' range and the pic on the right looks like one of them.

I you were to work there I can see how it would be easy to eat a Big Mac everyday and even Maccas admits that is not healthy. I think Maccas has changed a bit here from the US, I know they have to change a lot of stuff to met out tougher regulations ( I worked at the First Chilis in Australia when it opened and they were directly told if you put that much butter in the mash you are not legally allowed to call in mash potato, the name would have to include butter, just one of dozens on examples) and apparently they use us to trial higher quality options, I know we are one of the few places were fresh food is cheaper than processed (in season apples are under a dollar a kilo, for example) so cheap and nasty takeout food doesn't do so well here.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down