NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

32,000 people don't get their benefits for Christmas

3 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

32,000 people don't get their benefits for Christmas - Page 4 Empty 32,000 people don't get their benefits for Christmas

Post by Guest Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:49 pm

First topic message reminder :

Christmas Benefit Payments: Thousands Miss Out
An administration error is blamed as up to 32,000 people are told they'll have to wait until December 27 for their benefits.
9:29am UK, Wednesday 25 December 2013

Tens of thousands of people have not received benefit payments in time for Christmas.

The money for jobseekers, low earners and pensioners had been due to arrive in their accounts on Tuesday, but will now not arrive until Friday.

Up to 32,000 people are believed to be affected. The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) blamed an administration error.

Those affected include new claimants, those owed arrears and people awarded Social Fund budgeting loans for essentials such as clothes, rent and furniture.

The DWP said that if individuals had contacted them by 5pm last night the payment would have been rushed through within three hours.

http://news.sky.com/story/1186935/christmas-benefit-payments-thousands-miss-out

I hope Dave, IDS et all choke on their bloody turkeys!

A spokesman said: "The vast majority of regular benefit payments have been made on time this Christmas.

"However due to an administrative issue, a number of one-off or more irregular payments will now be paid on December 27 rather than December 24.

"We have procedures in place to ensure that anyone who has been affected by this and who contacted us would have had their benefits paid, usually within three hours.

"We apologise for any inconvenience caused."

A total of 32,200 people claiming Jobseeker's Allowance, Employment Support Allowance, Social Fund and certain categories of pension could have been hit by the delay, the spokesman said.

Back to top Go down

32,000 people don't get their benefits for Christmas - Page 4 Empty Re: 32,000 people don't get their benefits for Christmas

Post by Guest Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:06 pm

gelico wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

It's never always paid to work on low pay under this government. And it's only now the government are addressing the 10£k tax level bracket...

Under previous Tory governments , low paid people got nothing to help them,surviving on as little as £2-3 an hour, with tax on top...

Only a Labour government have the working people the NMW and tax credits, people were left to theor own deep vices with no help under previous Tory governments Didge or Dodge??( questions) ...

Weet dreams btw mate! Wink 

hi joy

that's not true though

i was put on benefits after hubby died and just recently went and signed on for jsa as i wanted to get back into work.  well, i actually found a job very quickly.  it's very low paid, but despite the fact that i have to pay full rent et al, i get tax credits as well and have to say i am much better off working than not working and that's a fact.

i also just feel better about life in general.  people may consider tory policies harsh and unfeeling and some of them may well be but in contrast i think labour looks after people a bit too much and encouraged people indirectly to be victims and to accept excuses about what can't be done rather than focussing on what can be done.

Good points and what Costa has been saying also, I think you have hit the nail on the head with Labour polices to be honest Gelico!

Back to top Go down

32,000 people don't get their benefits for Christmas - Page 4 Empty Re: 32,000 people don't get their benefits for Christmas

Post by Guest Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:10 pm

What complete twaddle. Better be to kind that make thousands of people suffer, and I don't believe they would too kind anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:14 pm

Sassy wrote:What complete twaddle.   Better be to kind that make thousands of people suffer, and I don't believe they would too kind anyway.

what's complete twaddle?? my post to joy??

well the first bit is completely true, and the second bit is just my opinion, but tbh i can't make head nor tail of your post

what are you talking about??

scratch 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:14 pm

I thought what Gelico said was good and not twaddle!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:16 pm

gelico wrote:
Sassy wrote:What complete twaddle.   Better be to kind that make thousands of people suffer, and I don't believe they would too kind anyway.

what's complete twaddle??  my post to joy??

well the first bit is completely true, and the second bit is just my opinion, but tbh i can't make head nor tail of your post

scratch 

No, Didge, never talks anything but twaddle.

I have to disagree with you on your post, what this government are doing to the move vunerable in our society is simply evil.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:17 pm

Sassy wrote:
gelico wrote:

what's complete twaddle??  my post to joy??

scratch 

No, Didge, never talks anything but twaddle.

I have to disagree with you on your post, what this government are doing to the move vunerable in our society is simply evil.

i don't have a problem with that, but what part do you disagree with and why?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:48 pm

All of it basically, this government is making life a misery for so many people and then telling them they are scroungers and its all their own fault.   They won't stop zero hours contracts, employers are getting away with murder, just done a thread on it in this section, they are selling off the NHS, they sold the PO so that their mates could make a fortune, they said they would stop bankers bonuses but are now trying to stop bankers bonuses being capped by the EU, and more and more people are having a really terrible time, and then the minister in charge of the policy that is making people the most miserable, sat and laughed in Parliament when he was told about 20,000 children going hungry.   I would personally stick him in the stocks and throw rotten eggs at him, and that would just be a start.   They disgust me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:58 am

i don't have a problem with that, but what part do you disagree with and why?

Sassy wrote:[b]All of it basically, [/b

i was put on benefits after hubby died

this is true

and just recently went and signed on for jsa as i wanted to get back into work.  

this is also true

well, i actually found a job very quickly.  

this is also true

it's very low paid, but despite the fact that i have to pay full rent et al, i get tax credits as well and have to say i am much better off working than not working and that's a fact.

this bit is also true

i also just feel better about life in general.  

this bit is also true

people may consider tory policies harsh and unfeeling and some of them may well be but in contrast i think labour looks after people a bit too much and encouraged people indirectly to be victims and to accept excuses about what can't be done rather than focussing on what can be done.

this last bit is only my opinion

~ sassy

not sure quite what it is you disagree with,,,,,you said pretty much all of it

care to come back to me on that

i don't recall  mentioning NHS in my post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:16 am

Sassy wrote:All of it basically, this government is making life a misery for so many people and then telling them they are scroungers and its all their own fault.   They won't stop zero hours contracts, employers are getting away with murder, just done a thread on it in this section, they are selling off the NHS, they sold the PO so that their mates could make a fortune, they said they would stop bankers bonuses but are now trying to stop bankers bonuses being capped by the EU, and more and more people are having a really terrible time, and then the minister in charge of the policy that is making people the most miserable, sat and laughed in Parliament when he was told about 20,000 children going hungry.   I would personally stick him in the stocks and throw rotten eggs at him, and that would just be a start.   They disgust me.

''and then the minister in charge of the policy that is making people the most miserable, sat and laughed in Parliament when he was told about 20,000 children going hungry.''

and is there some kind of link on this claim???

if this is true then quite frankly, i would agree with your idea of the stocks and rotten eggs!!!!

Last edited by gelico on Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:26 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:20 am

32,000 people don't get their benefits for Christmas - Page 4 Iain+Duncan+Smith+laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:24 am

Catman wrote:32,000 people don't get their benefits for Christmas - Page 4 Iain+Duncan+Smith+laughing

can't get that link up properly, whatever it is

is that you phil???

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:25 am

not sure if sassy is just going a bit hyscratical or what

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:31 am

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:32 am

gelico wrote:
Catman wrote:32,000 people don't get their benefits for Christmas - Page 4 Iain+Duncan+Smith+laughing

can't get that link up properly, whatever it is

is that you phil???

Yes it is geli  Smile 

Forgive me for not giving you the exact time but it was a three hour debate!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:43 am

i just realised that my wages and government/tax payer top ups puts me on about £23,000 pa.

what's to complain about???

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:49 am

gelico wrote:i just realised that my wages and government/tax payer top ups puts me on about £23,000 pa.

what's to complain about???

...Because others don't share your kind of luxury.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:53 am

...I'm alright Jack. (eventually)

Still doesn't stop me from worrying about others because i have lived at both ends of the scale.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:32 am

gelico wrote:i don't have a problem with that, but what part do you disagree with and why?

this is true

this is also true

this is also true

it's very low paid, but despite the fact that i have to pay full rent et al, i get tax credits as well and have to say i am much better off working than not working and that's a fact.

this bit is also true

this bit is also true

people may consider tory policies harsh and unfeeling and some of them may well be but in contrast i think labour looks after people a bit too much and encouraged people indirectly to be victims and to accept excuses about what can't be done rather than focussing on what can be done.

~ sassy

Excellent post and hope you see some answers to some very interesting points

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:25 pm

gelico wrote:i don't have a problem with that, but what part do you disagree with and why?

this is true

this is also true

this is also true

this bit is also true

this bit is also true

~ sassy

Hi Geli

I can't see how anyone could disagree with your personal facts, which you know to be true and I don't doubt you either, as it is much like I have experienced too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4