NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Man Wielding Large Knife Held After Tube Attack

+2
Cass
Victorismyhero
6 posters

Go down

Man Wielding Large Knife Held After Tube Attack Empty Man Wielding Large Knife Held After Tube Attack

Post by Victorismyhero Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:36 pm

And So it starts...

A man who shouted "this is for Syria" has been arrested after stabbing a commuter at a London tube station

The suspect was wielding a large knife when he attacked the victim in the neck at Leytonstone station, leaving him seriously injured.
Leytonstone stabbing

The suspect was tasered and then arrested

The Metropolitan Police are treating the attack as a "terrorist incident".

Sky's Mark White said: "A man in the main entrance hall by the ticket barrier, we are told, started attacking commuters leaving that station.

"Police officers burst on the scene are trying to subdue him by tasering him, it took several attempts to do that."
Leytonstone stabbing

One commuter has been left with serious injuries

Eyewitness reports said the alleged knifeman spoke of Syria, which has been confirmed to Sky News by police.

Passengers ran from the scene as the incident unfolded.

White added initial evidence suggested it is a very "significant" incident.

Commander Richard Walton, who leads the Met's Counter Terrorism Command, said: "We are treating this as a terrorist incident. I would urge the public to remain calm, but alert and vigilant.

"The threat from terrorism remains at severe, which means that a terrorist attack is highly likely."

A Scotland Yard spokesman said: "Police were called at 7.06pm on Saturday 5 December to reports of a stabbing at Leytonstone Underground station. The male suspect was reportedly threatening other people with a knife.

"Met officers attended the scene.

"A man was arrested at 7.14pm and taken to an east London police station where he remains in custody."

Three others are also thought to have suffered injuries.
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Man Wielding Large Knife Held After Tube Attack Empty Re: Man Wielding Large Knife Held After Tube Attack

Post by Cass Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:28 am

And you are surprised?

Sadly this is going to happen more and more after the vote for strikes.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Man Wielding Large Knife Held After Tube Attack Empty Re: Man Wielding Large Knife Held After Tube Attack

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:24 am

It's interesting that it happened at Leytonstone. I used to live there and it's not a "famous" place, so I wonder if the guy was local. There are a lot of Asian people there, although I don't know if most of them are Muslims or not.

It doesn't sound like a highly organised attack, and I guess we'll see a few more of these isolated incidents now.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:38 am

Stormee wrote:Morning Miss Ragga.

The pleece strugguld to subdew him, a difficult situashun where othuz cud have been kild or injud.

If our pleece had side armz they cud have shot him and saved us some munee.

Must get a new lappee.

Morning Mr Stormee

At least the guy didn't burst in with a gun. That's not much comfort for the people who were injured but at least it limited the number of them. As I said, it's harder to kill someone with a knife. It sounds like the police responded pretty quickly, so that's good.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:15 am

Raggamuffin wrote:It's interesting that it happened at Leytonstone. I used to live there and it's not a "famous" place, so I wonder if the guy was local. There are a lot of Asian people there, although I don't know if most of them are Muslims or not.

It doesn't sound like a highly organised attack, and I guess we'll see a few more of these isolated incidents now.

Rags exactly my sentiments this morning - Leytonstone is just a run down little place and it is full of blacks and Asians
I used to hang around there when I was younger, my boyfriend then, had a lot of family there.

This is a lone nutter IMO

The guy who filmed the whole thing (have you seen the video of live footage?) was shouting "You're not a Muslim bruv!"
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:14 pm

eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:It's interesting that it happened at Leytonstone. I used to live there and it's not a "famous" place, so I wonder if the guy was local. There are a lot of Asian people there, although I don't know if most of them are Muslims or not.

Rags exactly my sentiments this morning - Leytonstone is just a run down little place and it is full of blacks and Asians
I used to hang around there when I was younger, my boyfriend then, had a lot of family there.

The guy who filmed the whole thing (have you seen the video of live footage?) was shouting "You're not a Muslim bruv!"

I wouldn't say it was run down as such. It's not as "posh" as other places, and it's a bit cheaper. It seems an odd place to plan an attack of that kind though, and that's why I think he's probably local.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:12 am

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
Cass wrote:And you are surprised?

Exactly.

Of course the political class will claim this nothing to do with foreign policy.

Just watching the President's televised address. I both agree and disagree with his statements. I strongly back him on no boots on the ground but I don't agree on the drone strikes.

Watch and let me know what you think x
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:31 am

No. I am not surprised at all.

What is wrong in all of this is that it has nothing to do with civilian casualties in Syria or air strikes.

If it did this person would have reacted to the deaths of over 200,000 people in this civil war.
I mean all opposing faction groups have caused the deaths of thousands of civilians, within many cases indiscriminate shelling and air strikes. On top of this we have good evidence to believe that chemical weapons have been used. We have seen some of the worst atrocities carried out by Daesh.

None of this made this terrorist so angry, that he then took vengeance by either going to Syria to fight Assad or Daesh. What supposedly made him react was a vote to extend the boundaries of attacks, already being carried out against Daesh. It is not a case of attacks being voted to start, but for them to be committed to not only Iraq but Syria.

I mean think about this. The vast amount of war crimes and crimes against humanity committed by the Assad dictatorship and Daesh is viewed by this terrorist as of a lesser crime than airstrikes against the infrastructure of Daesh. Either this terrorist was a supporter of Daesh or they viewed the airstrikes, which aim to minimalize casualties and its purpose is the destruction of Daesh, as a far grievous crime than the acts of Daesh or Assad. There is only one thing that can formulate such a view and it stems from a growing problem in the Muslim world. So much so it is causing many problems to the non-extremists Muslims, who are left to take the flak.

It is a hate, a hate that is formulated over years of our western ideals and way of life as being at odds with an archaic debased ideology that allows some Muslims to hate their fellow citizens over the atrocities carried out by Assad and Daesh. If it was civilians, then the deaths in the first year of the civil war would have made a person act against such loss of life.

It is a problem we now face in the west which is dividing societies, a sizeable group of Muslims, at odds with our way of life and where hatred is in some areas rife. Places like Universities are hotbeds for indoctrination and extremism and its time many faced up to these problems. It is a problem sadly Muslims have to mainly tackle the growing problem of an Ultra Conservative form of Islam that views its beliefs and ideology at odds with western society.

This hate that is viewed of Non-Muslims and western ideals is the problem that needs to be tackled today and that it does not get to a point where the Far Right as is happening in France capitalize on. What needs to be done is to recognise the problem within the Muslim communities, where hate is indoctrinated. This needs many people to unite against the hate, not only from the Muslim extremists, but the Far Right who will look to play off this hate with their own.

So it is very predictable as to why this attack happened. What is wrong is how people wrongly and mistakenly place the wrong root cause as the problem.
We need boots on the ground, to destroy Daesh but the airstrikes are also helping groups like the Kurds gain the ascendency against them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:16 am

You missed one tiny point.  Up until now, because we have not been bombing, we have not physically caused one of those Syrian deaths.  A tiny point, but the only one relevant in this case.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:19 am

There will be casulties, which will be minimal compared to the already staggering loss of life. Again it was not airstrikes or civllian loss of life that made this terrorist act. If it was, then this person would have acted against those who have caused the loss of hundreds of thousands already. This is the point you are missing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:21 am

No Didge, I'm not missing any point.  He did it in Britain, although from the video he looks as if he was probably suffering from a mental problem.  He had no reason to do it in Britian because, we hadn't killed any Syrian civilians.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:26 am

He did because of hate, not airstrikes or civllian loss of life.
If that was the reason, he would have gone to act against those who have taken hundreds of thousands lives already. He hated everything that the west stands for and he hates his fellow citizens. Such hate is what is driving this extremism.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:24 pm

Man Wielding Large Knife Held After Tube Attack Muhaydin-Mire_3519761b

The Leytonstone Tube attacker left his victim with a 12cm knife wound across his neck in a "furious" act of terrorism on British streets, a court heard.

Muhaydin Mire, 29, is accused of launching a sustained and unprovoked attack before shouting "this is for Syria, my Muslim brothers" and "this is because you bombed the hospitals in Syria".

Images and flags associated with terror group Isil as well as details of recent attacks in America and Paris were discovered on Mire's mobile phone after the attack.

The 6ft 3in suspect spoke only to confirm his name and address as he appeared in the dock at Westminster Magistrates' Court on Monday to answer a "preliminary" charge of attempted murder.

Prosecutor David Cawthorne said the 56-year-old victim, named only as "Male A", had been walking through the station at 7pm on Saturday when he was attacked from behind.

The court heard Male A was was hit around the head and body before collapsing to the floor where he was kicked and stamped on by Mire.

Witnesses attempted to intervene before Mire brandished a knife, before holding Male A's head and began to cut his neck "in what is described by some as a sawing motion".

The victim was left in a pool of blood and required five hours of surgery in hospital.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/12036774/Leytonstone-Tube-attack-Muhaydin-Mire-appears-in-court.html

This sounds like an attempted beheading, terrible Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:45 pm

Thank goodness that Muhaydin Mire was fairly incompetent. Is he a British citizen? Was he born here? Once again, we hear about this "brother" and "sister" issue between Muslims who don't even know each other.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:47 pm

He is from Leytonstone, so I was right about it being a local thing.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:50 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Thank goodness that Muhaydin Mire was fairly incompetent. Is he a British citizen? Was he born here? Once again, we hear about this "brother" and "sister" issue between Muslims who don't even know each other.

I don't know Raggs, I can't find anything further about his nationality and/or citizenship in the press Man Wielding Large Knife Held After Tube Attack Questi10

It's awful, I feel for those having to use the tube at the moment.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:51 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Thank goodness that Muhaydin Mire was fairly incompetent. Is he a British citizen? Was he born here? Once again, we hear about this "brother" and "sister" issue between Muslims who don't even know each other.

Hence the religious connection.
What hospital as well?
Or is he talking about the one that was hit in Afghanistan by the US?
Or are now British citizens viewed as Russian, to the claim they hit a Syrian hospital?
Again what makes a Muslim view airstrikes which have targeted oil refineries as a far greater crime than the attrocities of Assad and Daesh?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:53 pm

feelthelove wrote:

I don't know Raggs, I can't find anything further about his nationality and/or citizenship in the press Man Wielding Large Knife Held After Tube Attack Questi10

It's awful, I feel for those having to use the tube at the moment.

Yes, indeed. When I lived in London the main threat was from the IRA, and it did make one a bit jittery. I think it's the idea of being underground with nowhere to escape to.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:54 pm

Richard The Lionheart wrote:

Hence the religious connection.
What hospital as well?
Or is he talking about the one that was hit in Afghanistan by the US?
Or are now British citizens viewed as Russian, to the claim they hit a Syrian hospital?
Again what makes a Muslim view airstrikes which have targeted oil refineries as a far greater crime than the attrocities of Assad and Daesh?

That would be an interesting development. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:13 pm

счастливого Рождества
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:44 am

Richard The Lionheart wrote:

No. I am not surprised at all.

What is wrong in all of this is that it has nothing to do with civilian casualties in Syria or air strikes.

If it did this person would have reacted to the deaths of over 200,000 people in this civil war.
I mean all opposing faction groups have caused the deaths of thousands of civilians, within many cases indiscriminate shelling and air strikes. On top of this we have good evidence to believe that chemical weapons have been used. We have seen some of the worst atrocities carried out by Daesh.

None of this made this terrorist so angry, that he then took vengeance by either going to Syria to fight Assad or Daesh. What supposedly made him react was a vote to extend the boundaries of attacks, already being carried out against Daesh. It is not a case of attacks being voted to start, but for them to be committed to not only Iraq but Syria.

I mean think about this. The vast amount of war crimes and crimes against humanity committed by the Assad dictatorship and Daesh is viewed by this terrorist as of a lesser crime than airstrikes against the infrastructure of Daesh. Either this terrorist was a supporter of Daesh or they viewed the airstrikes, which aim to minimalize casualties and its purpose is the destruction of Daesh, as a far grievous crime than the acts of Daesh or Assad. There is only one thing that can formulate such a view and it stems from a growing problem in the Muslim world. So much so it is causing many problems to the non-extremists Muslims, who are left to take the flak.

It is a hate, a hate that is formulated over years of our western ideals and way of life as being at odds with an archaic debased ideology that allows some Muslims to hate their fellow citizens over the atrocities carried out by Assad and Daesh. If it was civilians, then the deaths in the first year of the civil war would have made a person act against such loss of life.

It is a problem we now face in the west which is dividing societies, a sizeable group of Muslims, at odds with our way of life and where hatred is in some areas rife. Places like Universities are hotbeds for indoctrination and extremism and its time many faced up to these problems. It is a problem sadly Muslims have to mainly tackle the growing problem of an Ultra Conservative form of Islam that views its beliefs and ideology at odds with western society.

This hate that is viewed of Non-Muslims and western ideals is the problem that needs to be tackled today and that it does not get to a point where the Far Right as is happening in France capitalize on. What needs to be done is to recognise the problem within the Muslim communities, where hate is indoctrinated. This needs many people to unite against the hate, not only from the Muslim extremists, but the Far Right who will look to play off this hate with their own.

So it is very predictable as to why this attack happened. What is wrong is how people wrongly and mistakenly place the wrong root cause as the problem.
We need boots on the ground, to destroy Daesh but the airstrikes are also helping groups like the Kurds gain the ascendency against them.

Bumped for Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:47 am

Leytonstone Tube Stabbing: Suspect Muhaydin Mire's Family Called Police Three Weeks Ago

The family of a man accused of a violent, sustained and unprovoked knife attack at Leytonstone Tube station contacted police three weeks before the incident asking for help, it has emerged.

Muhaydin Mire, 29, is charged with the attempted murder of a 56-year-old man who was attacked from behind in front of several members of the public on Saturday evening.

Prosecutors allege the attack was an act of terrorism, as Mire was heard screaming "this is for Syria" during the incident.

Mire's family have described him as a "good boy", but said he had "mental problems" possibly caused by using cannabis, the Press Association reported.

His brother Mohamed Mire told Channel 4 News that Mire, who moved to Britain aged 12, had spent three months in hospital after being diagnosed with paranoia in 2007.

Mohamed Mire said his brother "came out (of hospital) and got straight on with his life, got a bit better", but said problems resurfaced in August this year.

He said his brother started "talking funny", adding: "Speak like jumbling around, talking nonsense. So, all night talking he's seen demons and stuff."

He added that the family had asked for him to be sectioned and contacted police, before deciding to take him out of the country, with tickets booked for the day after the attack.

Mohamed Mire said: "Then I decided to move him out the country so I called my mum, she's not here, she's in Somalia. She told me to take him out the country.

"So, I decided to book tickets for him on this Sunday, the Sunday it actually ... He was okay, as far as I know he wanted to go."

A Metropolitan Police spokesman said: "The police were contacted by a family member approximately three weeks before the incident on Saturday. There was no mention of radicalisation; the conversation related entirely to health-related issues and the family were therefore correctly referred to health services for help.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/12/08/family-of-leytonstone-tube-accused-contacted-police-three-weeks-ago_n_8746974.html?utm_hp_ref=uk&ncid=tweetlnkushpmg00000067

FGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:58 am

Hmmmm more poor excuses to try to stir any view of the real intent.
If he was a health threat and it was serious, it is unlilkey he would have been not taken in for care.
Dubious claim to say the very least

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:02 pm

The cuts to mental health services are working really well aren't they.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:05 pm

Cuts?
So now you make excuses for islamic hate and now claim this is cuts at fault.
Seriously I hope the victims here never come face to face with you as I have no doubt they would slap you in the face

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:08 pm

Sigh!  Dick the Dodge, it's like dealing with a two year old.

Mental health cuts 'put lives at risk'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-34790094

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:11 pm

Utter gibberish from from the apologist again who now equates drone attacks to being worse than the attrocities of Daesh and Assad, Seriously, these people have killed over 200,000 and a claim to where drone attacks are helping take out these vile crim inals is placed on a worse criminality than the former. This is what is wrong and what is aiding daesh, mindless Muslims who look to divert at any turn to direct blame away. We have seen many conflicts where civillians were casulties like WW2 where 60,000 French died and by allied bombing. Did we see a rise of terrorism against the allies due to this?
No hence the nonsense created by some Muslims who claim heling people onto an area of land where a majority of Muslims live, is to them a transgression.
It is this ideocy that needs to change as it is creating the means for more Muslims to hate.

Last edited by Richard The Lionheart on Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:12 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:Mental illness explains a lot.

He was a loner and this was an uncoordinated lone attack.

Exactly, which wasn't helped by the authorities being told about his mental health problems and doing nothing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:14 pm

So where there is no conclusive proof he has a mental illness, both the apologists jump at the chance for any view to deflect away from the real reason he carried out these attacks.
Hate
Someone who states why they committed attacks is rational to know why they are doing this.
Hence you will see this person will be found very sane.
Its easy to confuse religious literalism with insanity, believe me I wonder in regards to the sanity of many religious literal believers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:14 pm

Mire's family have described him as a "good boy", but said he had "mental problems" possibly caused by using cannabis, the Press Association reported.

That's interesting. A lot of people think that cannabis is harmless.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:19 pm

Cannabis is generally harmless.
Like any drug it can make some people feel paranoid.
But again  he stated very clearly why he was doing what he did. Does that sound like a mental health problem?
Well to some extent it is where extremism is concerned as it is based on religious nonsense

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:25 pm

How come so many "mental health issues" involve killing other people?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:25 pm

If he had mental issues because he smoked cannabis, they are self inflicted and no excuse.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:43 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
eddie wrote:

I wouldn't say it was run down as such. It's not as "posh" as other places, and it's a bit cheaper. It seems an odd place to plan an attack of that kind though, and that's why I think he's probably local.

I think he's local too - and that's what I meant by its very populated with black and Asians - he will probably have stabbed a Muslim going by the odds

I think Leytonstone is very run down, Leyton is slightly better
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:44 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

I think cannabis can exacerbate an already existing problem rags
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:31 pm

eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I think he's local too - and that's what I meant by its very populated with black and Asians - he will probably have stabbed a Muslim going by the odds

I think Leytonstone is very run down, Leyton is slightly better

I think Leyton is more run down than Leytonstone, but Leyton's not run down either. Mind you, parts of Leytonstone run right down to Stratford, so it's quite a large area. There are loads of nice Victorian houses in Leytonstone and Leyton - people pay a fortune for them.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:32 pm

eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I think cannabis can exacerbate an already existing problem rags

Well then he shouldn't have been smoking it. I hope he doesn't get off because some do-gooder decides it was the drug that made him do it.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down