NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5ft 4in WWII veteran, 88, fights off two knife-wielding burglars and says: ‘I could have done them a lot more damage

Go down

5ft 4in WWII veteran, 88, fights off two knife-wielding burglars and says: ‘I could have done them a lot more damage Empty 5ft 4in WWII veteran, 88, fights off two knife-wielding burglars and says: ‘I could have done them a lot more damage

Post by Guest Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:12 am

A diminutive Second World War veteran saw off two burglars with a single punch after one of them brandished a knife and demanded cash. Pensioner Kenneth Brown, 88, said his army training kicked in as soon as he saw one of the would-be robbers roll up his sleeve to reveal the knife. Mr Brown, who is 5 feet 4 inches tall and weighs just nine stone, told MailOnline he could have done ‘a lot more damage’ to the cowardly pair but did not want to get in trouble with police. He said: ‘They demanded money from me so I walloped one and they ran off.  ‘One of them had pulled his sleeve back and I saw a knife. At that point I knew what to do because my army training kicked in. I hit one of them in the chest.’

https://www.warhistoryonline.com/war-articles/5ft-4in-wwii-veteran-88-fights-off-two-knife-wielding-burglars-and-says-i-could-have-done-them-a-lot-more-damage.html

Back to top Go down