NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Samantha West denies being a robot, but she's fairly close

3 posters

Go down

Samantha West denies being a robot, but she's fairly close Empty Samantha West denies being a robot, but she's fairly close

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:54 pm

Samantha West, the American telemarketing robot who denies she is a robot, does not live or breath or think for herself. Instead, she functions much like a remote-controlled car, directly operated by a real person working in a call center outside the United States, says a representative of the company who controls her, Premier Health Plans, Inc.

“We’re just contacting people in a way they’re not familiar with,” said John Rasman, a human who works for the company.

Rasman said that Samantha West is not a robot but a computer program used by telemarketers outside of the United States—he would not say where–to allow English speakers with thick non-American accents to sort through leads to find real prospective buyers before passing them off to agents back in the United States.

http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/12/17/robot-telemarketer-samantha-west
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Samantha West denies being a robot, but she's fairly close Empty Re: Samantha West denies being a robot, but she's fairly close

Post by eddie Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:24 pm

Oooh robotic love. How robotically exotic. Kinda reminds me of the lyrics to a song I once heard...

Juicy fruit, oh baby, juicy fruit
I like it, I like it,
I can be your lollipop
You can lick me everywhere.

Of course, robots aren’t lollipops. Or fruit.  
But they are juicy.

What ya sayin’?

Last edited by eddie on Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Samantha West denies being a robot, but she's fairly close Empty Re: Samantha West denies being a robot, but she's fairly close

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:25 pm

Keep it in your pants, English.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:18 pm

Ah robots are all over the place these days.

And they have come a long way - they are more like humans now, with personalities. This one was a depressive with sad eyes and he eventually suicided, it was big news > >

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down