NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kerry McCarthy, Shadow Environment Secretary, Says Treat Meat Eaters Like Smokers

3 posters

Go down

Kerry McCarthy, Shadow Environment Secretary, Says Treat Meat Eaters Like Smokers Empty Kerry McCarthy, Shadow Environment Secretary, Says Treat Meat Eaters Like Smokers

Post by Guest Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:55 pm

Meat eaters should be treated like smokers, Labour's new shadow environment secretary has said.
Jeremy Corbyn's appointment of Kerry McCarthy, who is a vegan, to the post raised eyebrows given the job involves working with farmers. "I really believe that meat should be treated in exactly the same way as tobacco, with public campaigns to stop people eating it," she said. In an interview with vegan magazine Viva!life, McCarthy added: "Progress on animal welfare is being made at EU level … but in the end it comes down to not eating meat or dairy."
Explaining her veganism to Sky News last week, the Bristol West MP explained: "I don’t wear leather. I think what a lot of us do is just try to do the best that we can so I don’t eat dairy products, I don’t eat eggs, that’s the most defining thing I would say.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/09/24/treat-meat-eaters-like-smokers-says-shadow-environment-secretary_n_8188660.html?utm_hp_ref=uk

Back to top Go down

Kerry McCarthy, Shadow Environment Secretary, Says Treat Meat Eaters Like Smokers Empty Re: Kerry McCarthy, Shadow Environment Secretary, Says Treat Meat Eaters Like Smokers

Post by Guest Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:01 pm

Seriously?  Of course I am all for animal welfare but not eating meat or dairy should be a personal choice and certainly doesn't warrant a public campaign against it.

Surely there are more important things the shadow cabinet should be concentrating on rather than converting us all to vegans?  The more I read the more convinced I am that Corbyn and his shadow cabinet have no idea what the British public think, they are disconnected with what is important to the majority.

It's a joke Kerry McCarthy, Shadow Environment Secretary, Says Treat Meat Eaters Like Smokers Joker10

I was worried when Blair was voted in but this? Sad

Back to top Go down

Kerry McCarthy, Shadow Environment Secretary, Says Treat Meat Eaters Like Smokers Empty Re: Kerry McCarthy, Shadow Environment Secretary, Says Treat Meat Eaters Like Smokers

Post by veya_victaous Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:40 pm

ok so they want to make cows and chickens and etc extinct
they are not wild animal they have no natural habitat and people don't/won't farm solely so the animal has some where to live.

people like this are too dumb for public office, animal welfare you mean mass extinction. it is the sort of logic you expect from an under 12 not an adult and definitely not one that is in public office.

I already though this Jeremy Corbyn seem like a complete Moron and everyday there seem to be more that proves it beyond doubt.
You guys are fucked, when the pig fucker seems like the better option Evil or Very Mad

I am an environmentalist, morons like this are just morons don't help anyone or anything since they don't even participate in the market for animal welfare. anyone that only buys free range etc does more for animal welfare than a vegetarian because they create an economic imperative for the farmer to improve the standards for the animals they raise.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:55 am

Bloody hell Veya, I agree with you.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:08 pm

veya_victaous wrote:ok so they want to make cows and chickens and etc extinct
they are not wild animal they have no natural habitat and people don't/won't farm solely so the animal has some where to live.

people like this are too dumb for public office, animal welfare you mean mass extinction. it is the sort of logic you expect from an under 12 not an adult and definitely not one that is in public office.

I already though this Jeremy Corbyn seem like a complete Moron and everyday there seem to be more that proves it beyond doubt.
You guys are fucked, when the pig fucker seems like the better option Evil or Very Mad

I am an environmentalist, morons like this are just morons don't help anyone or anything since they don't even participate in the market for animal welfare. anyone that only buys free range etc does more for animal welfare than a vegetarian because they create an economic imperative for the farmer to improve the standards for the animals they raise.

Absolutely agree Veya, we've no hope have we? Sad  Have you got a spare room?  I can bake and I promise I'll bring lots of candy Kerry McCarthy, Shadow Environment Secretary, Says Treat Meat Eaters Like Smokers Cake10 lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:17 pm

I don't eat meat but this woman is off her rocker surely?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:19 pm

eddie wrote:I don't eat meat but this woman is off her rocker surely?

Part of Corbyn's new Shadow Cabinet.................need I say more? Kerry McCarthy, Shadow Environment Secretary, Says Treat Meat Eaters Like Smokers No_sha10

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:33 pm

feelthelove wrote:
eddie wrote:I don't eat meat but this woman is off her rocker surely?

Part of Corbyn's new Shadow Cabinet.................need I say more? Kerry McCarthy, Shadow Environment Secretary, Says Treat Meat Eaters Like Smokers No_sha10

Well it's beyond stupid?!
I dint eat meat but I cook it for my family and friends.

What's her problem? She can't enforce her beliefs as law.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:43 pm

eddie wrote:
feelthelove wrote:

Well it's beyond stupid?!
I dint eat meat but I cook it for my family and friends.

What's her problem? She can't enforce her beliefs as law.

She can't and these kinds of extreme views will put the final nails in Corbyn's campaign. How long has it been since he was elected leader of the Labour Party? They are destroying themselves from within Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:12 pm

Kill all animals I say.They're dirty little bastards that shit & piss every where.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:45 pm

Shady wrote:Kill all animals I say.They're dirty little bastards that shit & piss every where.

Even Salty dog? The captain's loyal friend?
Woof!

Sad
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down