NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Food for thought: Protein - meat versus non-meat products

5 posters

Go down

Food for thought: Protein - meat versus non-meat products  Empty Food for thought: Protein - meat versus non-meat products

Post by eddie Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:10 pm

Food for thought: Protein - meat versus non-meat products  Image24
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Food for thought: Protein - meat versus non-meat products  Empty Re: Food for thought: Protein - meat versus non-meat products

Post by Guest Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:39 pm

and all of it tastes like crap

well except for the "normal" veg... the rest is either tatseless or vile,, has the textire of goo and the "mouth feel" of a load of feathers....

most of the high protien stuff like tvp etc needs buckets of "flavourings (artificial chemical) to taste even remotely edible

but then blamd pointless tasteless anonymous would suit the veggie...who is almost invariably a lefty "eco warrior" out to "convert" everyone else to their life of culinary boredom

not to mention the fact that those figures are "coarse protien" not all of it is available to the human digestive system......

lets face it those flavourings are all one thing...curry, or bloody chille pepers...

and I cant abide either.....

Back to top Go down

Food for thought: Protein - meat versus non-meat products  Empty Re: Food for thought: Protein - meat versus non-meat products

Post by eddie Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:43 pm

I knew you'd be the first to,post! Hahahahaha

I was actually smiling to myself as I put it up....I thought "This'll get old Grumpy annoyed"

Razz
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:14 pm

well its true...veggie food....food for the sheep

Baaaaaa!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:16 pm

victorismyhero wrote:well its true...veggie food....food for the sheep

Baaaaaa!

You should eat more chili peppers, it'll put hair on your balls!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:32 pm

Do you want firey hairy balls Vic?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:35 pm

it may well put hair on me balls.....

but it will also make me shit through the eye of a needle

the bloody stuff should be exterminated off the planet........

the slightest trace of the "mexican " type pepers does me for 2 days, stomach cramps and the trots....

the green thai stuff aint so bad...but I still detest the taste....

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:38 pm

I love peppery things but I don't like really really hot food, it makes the food lack any taste except the heat that burns your mouth!

I love mustard in my mash but when I put to much in it ruins my dinner.

West Indian hot pepper sauce is the best.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:49 pm

bloody foreign muck....

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:53 pm

victorismyhero wrote:bloody foreign muck....

Wimp ...

My new favorite salsa:

Food for thought: Protein - meat versus non-meat products  8e66abeff2a735809c86b65e49847c28
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:57 pm

eddie wrote:I love peppery things but I don't like really really hot food, it makes the food lack any taste except the heat that burns your mouth!

I don't like peppery things, and I really don't like mustard. Don't like chili peppers either.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:59 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
eddie wrote:I love peppery things but I don't like really really hot food, it makes the food lack any taste except the heat that burns your mouth!

I don't like peppery things, and I really don't like mustard. Don't like chili peppers either.

I hate bland food
Having said that, Raw mushrooms and cucumber are my favourite flavours in the world
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:00 pm

eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I hate  bland food
Having said that, Raw mushrooms and cucumber are my favourite flavours in the world

I like salt - that stops things being bland.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:07 pm

That ghost chili salsa was the first time I ate anything so hot that I could feel the heat in my stomach, not just my mouth Smile

If you routinely eat food with peppers, you eventually do taste flavors beyond the heat of the pepper.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:15 pm

or shit yourself to death...whichever comes first.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:59 pm

While capsaicin might set our mouth on fire, it also leads blood vessels to relax, so it could help people with high blood pressure. Prolonged activation of TRPV1 on the membranes of pain and heat-sensing nerve cells also depletes substance P, one of the body’s messenger chemicals. That is why the compound that puts the fire in jalapeños is used as an analgesic in ointments, nasal sprays and patches to relieve minor aches and pains, and the itching of psoriasis.

Now a study by Andrew Dillin of the University of California, Berkeley, suggested this analgesic effect could have a yet more profound impact on humanity. He explained how as humans age they report a higher incidence of pain, suggesting that pain might drive the ageing process and, indeed, his team found that mice genetically manipulated to lack TRPV1 lived on average about 14% longer than normal mice and, importantly, without apparent complications.

Blocking the pain receptor not only extends life­span, it also gave the mice a more youthful metabolism, including an improved insulin response that allows them to deal better with high blood sugar. “Pharmacological manipulation of TRPV1 may improve metabolic health and ­longevity,” Dillin says.

But, of course, chilli offers another way to achieve the same end because constant activation of the TRPV1 receptor results in death of its host nerve cell, mimicking the loss of TRPV1 that extended lifespan. Eating a diet rich in capsaicin might, he says, “help prevent metabolic decline with age and lead to increased longevity in humans”.

http://www.newsweek.com/2014/08/01/us-study-finds-chilli-day-could-stave-old-age-260739.html

Get on the chili wagon before it's too late! Razz
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:05 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
eddie wrote:Food for thought: Protein - meat versus non-meat products  Image24

Thanks.

You're welcome Zack
Are you a vegetarian?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:44 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
victorismyhero wrote:bloody foreign muck....

Wimp ...

My new favorite salsa:

Food for thought: Protein - meat versus non-meat products  8e66abeff2a735809c86b65e49847c28

I made Ghost Chilli Jam
it is hotter than any purchased product Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
I wanted to see how hot it would be just Pure Ghost Chili (every recipe i saw used no more than a third of the mix as Ghost Chili) ....  the answer is VERY 
Food for thought: Protein - meat versus non-meat products  Burning+emoticon
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:53 am

Cool Cool Cool  Do you know what has more protein than all of the above  Cool Cool Cool Cool
Eddie loves them  Food for thought: Protein - meat versus non-meat products  2984306523 Food for thought: Protein - meat versus non-meat products  2984306523 Food for thought: Protein - meat versus non-meat products  2984306523 Food for thought: Protein - meat versus non-meat products  2984306523 Food for thought: Protein - meat versus non-meat products  2984306523

Food for thought: Protein - meat versus non-meat products  Insects
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:24 am

Wow! That's a lot of protein!!! Seriously??

And no, I'm still not eating them!!! Evil or Very Mad
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down