NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gay couple [claim] abused by Tesco cashier / (skin colour from page nine)

+4
Irn Bru
Fuzzy Zack
veya_victaous
Eilzel
8 posters

Page 14 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14

Go down

Gay couple [claim] abused by Tesco cashier / (skin colour from page nine) - Page 14 Empty Gay couple [claim] abused by Tesco cashier / (skin colour from page nine)

Post by Guest Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:31 am

First topic message reminder :

A gay couple were subjected to a torrent of abuse in a London branch of Tesco after they shared a brief kiss in the store. Steve Luetchford, 28, was shopping with his 25-year-old partner Mattia Pievani at a Tesco branch in Brixton on Friday evening when, they claim, a female cashier verbally abused them. The woman is alleged to have said that the couple should be "ashamed" after she witnessed their intimate moment. When they challenged the woman on her views she continued to insult them, it is claimed.
They then requested that two other staff members refer them to the store manager so that they could lodge a complaint.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/11791755/Gay-couple-abused-by-Tesco-cashier.html

Back to top Go down

Gay couple [claim] abused by Tesco cashier / (skin colour from page nine) - Page 14 Empty Re: Gay couple [claim] abused by Tesco cashier / (skin colour from page nine)

Post by Guest Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:01 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:So is there any merit in describing oneself as Anglo-Saxon rather than white, pink, or beige? That would avoid the issue of using a colour.

Are you descended from the Anglo Saxons?
You might be descended from the Vikings or even the original immigrants from the Basque area.
Its up to you at the end of the day how you wish to define yourself.
I will also repeat I am not stating anyone cannot define how they wish to define themselves, but I certainly object to the colourization to define people. I mean we do not define Asians with a colour

Back to top Go down

Gay couple [claim] abused by Tesco cashier / (skin colour from page nine) - Page 14 Empty Re: Gay couple [claim] abused by Tesco cashier / (skin colour from page nine)

Post by Guest Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:03 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:So is there any merit in describing oneself as Anglo-Saxon rather than white, pink, or beige? That would avoid the issue of using a colour.

What if you are Norman or a Celt not an Anglo Saxon?! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:04 pm

Nems wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

Why is there no colour used to define Asians for example?

Again can you answer please

So what colour do you want to introduce using your absurd view someone who is British Indian, British Pakistani, British Bangladeshi to define them as from different countries or is it better how I have just defined them?

What with a Dulux colour chat?

You tell me?
The point is we do not define Asians by colour do we?
So why do we do so for those we classify white and black?
Is it not better to define people by their nationality and etnnicity?

Many Americns define themselves this way, did you know this?

You have Irish American, Swedish American, Scottish American, African American etc, the list is very long.
So does that need colourization?

So why is there no colour used to define Asians for example?
So what colour do you want to introduce using your absurd view someone who is British Indian, British Pakistani, British Bangladeshi to define them as from different countries or is it better how I have just defined them?

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:05 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
eddie wrote:
Nems wrote:

eddies black friend?
Obviously Didge knows better than her Rolling Eyes

No she's not black nems!! She's darker than me but not as dark as another friend I have.

We aren't allowed to call someone a colour  Rolling Eyes

Someone had better rewrite those lyrics to Ebony and Ivory

So Eddie why do you use colour to define some people and not others.

Well for a start I call my Indian friend, Indian

I don't call Charlotte anything other than black because she's English/New Zealand

If I was just taking about her in general I'd say "Charlotte"

But if I had two charlottes I'd say "black charlotte"

My daughter calls her Indian friend her brown friend if she's describing her to someone who doesn't know her

Should I report her to the race polices????? Shocked
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:06 pm

Nems wrote:

I don't think I've got the right colouring to be a Norman or a Celt. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:07 pm

This is all beside the point though isn't it Didge?
You created this debate becaeue you lost the real one.

eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:07 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Nems wrote:

I don't think I've got the right colouring to be a Norman or a Celt. Laughing
lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:08 pm

eddie wrote:This is all beside the point though isn't it Didge?

Well that's a first
Not

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:16 pm

eddie wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

So Eddie why do you use colour to define some people and not others.

Well for a start I call my Indian friend, Indian

I don't call Charlotte anything other than black because  she's English/New Zealand

If I was just taking about her in general I'd say "Charlotte"

But if I had two charlottes I'd say "black charlotte"

My daughter calls her Indian friend her brown friend if she's describing her to someone who doesn't know her

Should I report her to the race polices????? Shocked

Eddie, its up to you and how your friends feel comfortable with in how you define them.

But if you had 3 friends called Eddie and they are what you define as white, would you call them by numbers?

Most people use nicknames or their surnames to describe the person they are referring to.

Why do you not teach your daughter to refer to your friend by her birth name?

Again up to you, but you seem to have a fixation to refer to people by colours, so what happens when you have two friends called Charlotte who are African?

Why is it so wrong for me to object to the colourization of people?

Do you know how people were classified in concentration camps Eddie?

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:16 pm

Nems wrote:

Well that's a first
Not

Exactly.

I'm bored of it all now tbh

It's just getting really ridiculous

But I will be interested to make sure that Didge doesn't post up news stories about "blacks" being harassed anymore
He's gonna have to find out EXACTLY where they're from.

eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:18 pm

eddie wrote:
Nems wrote:

Well that's a first
Not

Exactly.

But I will be interested to make sure that Didge doesn't post up news stories about "blacks" being harassed anymore

Why would that stop me?
Just because we use such terminology, does not mean I am happy that we do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:19 pm

I am waiting for you to make any points and actually answer the countless points I have made to you which you have evdaded.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:26 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
eddie wrote:
Nems wrote:

Well that's a first
Not

Exactly.

Why would that stop me?

Well there you go then!!!!
Why pick up anyone else on it if you do it yourself?

Argument for argument's sake Didge. Rolling Eyes
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:28 pm

eddie wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

Why would that stop me?

Its not me using the word though Eddie is it?
So I cannot object to something now according the world of Eddie?
We have to use this terminology, but I do not have to like it sorry, if that is some how wrong for you.
Jesus wept.
Seriously, this is now starting to make me laugh at how absurd you are being
maybe you would like me to collate every question you have avoided and put into one posts?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:04 pm

eddie wrote:
Nems wrote:

Well that's a first
Not

Exactly.

That is a very good point. We shall await his future postings with interest Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:07 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
eddie wrote:

We have to use this terminology, but I do not have to like it sorry, if that is some how wrong for you.
Jesus wept.
maybe you would like me to collate every question you have avoided and put into one posts?

If we have to use this terminology what the hell have you been twittering on and on about?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:36 pm

Nems wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

Jesus wept.

If we have to use this terminology what the hell have you been twittering on and on about?

Are you really that stupid?

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:47 pm

Nems wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:
eddie wrote:

Jesus wept.

Gay couple [claim] abused by Tesco cashier / (skin colour from page nine) - Page 14 3296370939

It's boring now though and he's creative enough to read his news articles and decipher where the black person is from isn't he?

Mostly from American news so he could use the term Afro-American.

He could've worked that out himself tbh if he was that bothered......so I'm guessing, be free TODAY, he actually wasn't that bothered.

Like I said, argument for argument's sake.
Boring.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:10 pm

eddie wrote:
Nems wrote:

Gay couple [claim] abused by Tesco cashier / (skin colour from page nine) - Page 14 3296370939

It's boring now though and he's creative enough to read his news articles and decipher where the black person is from isn't he?

Mostly from American news so he could use the term Afro-American.

He could've worked that out himself tbh if he was that bothered......so I'm guessing, be free TODAY, he actually wasn't that bothered.

Like I said, argument for argument's sake.
Boring.

So Eddie also now deciding how I should be

Yes you are boring Eddie how you were today

Its a debate, remember that

You do not have to respect my views and i do not have to respect yours

Oh by the way Many use African American, hope I have your permission to do so

Jesus

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:32 pm

You never needed anyone's permission - you just never did use the word - you preferred "black"

Just as the journalists and news men did.

No excuses Didge.
It never occurred to you before today.

Argument for argument's sake.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:42 pm

eddie wrote:You never needed anyone's permission - you just never did use the word - you preferred "black"

Just as the journalists and news men did.

No excuses Didge.
It never occurred to you before today.

Argument for argument's sake.

Really Eddie is that so, I do not make excuses like you where your argument went from blacks wanting to be white to red skin.

I made this very argumnent on inaflap a very long time ago actually and stand by it very much, not that you would understand as your heads is perpetually buried in the sand it seems.

Been on the phone to my mother tonight and said about how you teach your child to refer to a friend as brown.

She left out a big sigh and went no etiquette.

She agreed like me if and how the child started to refer to other children that way and not by their names, but hey ho you are the mother after all.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:09 pm

I don't know the child's name and neither does she.
We've just moved and she's gone to a new nursery.

Tell your mum that I won't pass judgment on her passing judgement on others that she's never met.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:13 pm

eddie wrote:I don't know the child's name and neither does she.
We've just moved and she's gone to a new nursery.

Tell your mum that I won't pass judgment on her passing judgement on others that she's never met.

The point is Eddie she could say this to people you are meeting for the first time who may take exception to either their children or themselves as to why they are being called brown and wonder if you yourself are teaching them this.
Like I said I have a mate whi is Indian ethnicity who refers to himself as "paki" among friends but he hates people he does not know call him this because they mean it as a slur. I just saying you may face this happen and whilst it is innocent and fine with your friend, others may take another view, even more so when she attends school.
Again not judging but giving advice, whether you take that advice is up to you.

Have a good evening

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:18 pm

But if you had 3 friends called Eddie and they are what you define as white, would you call them by numbers?

That is done in the Welsh Guards - possibly other Welsh regiments, so many Jones, Davies, Edwards that each say Jones is called 'Jones' and the last three numbers of his regimental number ie Jones 351, its often shortened to 351.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:25 pm

Vintage wrote:But if you had 3 friends called Eddie and they are what you define as white, would you call them by numbers?

That is done in the Welsh Guards - possibly other Welsh regiments, so many Jones, Davies, Edwards that each say Jones is called 'Jones' and the last three numbers of his regimental number ie Jones 351, its often shortened to 351.

Well exactly.

My child doesn't know the girls name and is explaining what the girl did and I ask her what's the girls name? She relies I don't know mummy she's brown with hair in plaits.

Nothing wrong with that.

We were queuing in saisnburys once and she was staring at the black man behind us who I was chit-chatting to
She said "you've got very black hands!"

He roared with laughter.
I said to him "black hands.....but the rest of you is apparently not black!"

We laughed and he said "Children just say it as it is"

The racism Police weren't called.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:30 pm

Many may find it very innocent as they should do Eddie, but it only takes one to take offense and in school could cause you no end of bother.
Its sound advice and where I agree its innocent others will take a very dim view on this even more so teachers. The child will always be innocent and they know no better, they only think something is acceptable to say if allowed by their parents. Like I say its up to you Eddie, but one clear thing when judged yourself you certainly get very defensive and I do not blame you as its crappy when people judge.

Really have to go, so all the best

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:33 pm

Nah sorry that's all baloney and waffle.
She will explain in her own way and I, happy with that.

By the time she's old enough to matter she'll know people's names Rolling Eyes

And if she doesn't she'll be like me and all the normal people out there who say "Don't know her name? Black lady....tall, wears glasses"

Racism Police won't be called.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:51 pm

So niave and you do so at your peril, but picked this out of numereous just to illustrate how where as we would think its innocent others will take a dim view:

5year old accused of being racist?
What are your opinions on this?

My daughter is in year 1 and is 5years old, a few weeks ago she called a mixed race child "brown" at school, the child (my daughters best friend since age 2) got upset so told the teacher, the teacher made me aware what had happened and that was that.

Today when i went to collect my daughter from school, i was asked to come into the office by the head teacher. The head advised me that my daughter had called the same girl a "Brown cow" and the girl was upset, they said as this is the 2nd time she has made a racist remarks it will be put on record and reported to the council. I was so upset! my daughter is NOT racist, she is 5years old, she has coloured family members and family friends. Now it is down on record that my child is racist.

I spoke to my daughter and she does not understand what she has done wrong, she understands its wrong to call someone a cow but she does not understand it is wrong to call someone "brown". She said "mummy but she is brown, she has brown skin" . I dont believe she said brown to be racist, she is just observing that she has brown skin. She said, "she cant be a pink cow because she is not pink".

Im am mortified they are labelling my 5 year old little girl as a racist and i am so upset i dont even want to take her to school tomorrow.

Whats are your views on this? have the school been OTT. She has made up with her friend now anyway. What should i do? my child is stuck with this label now!

http://www.netmums.com/coffeehouse/children-parenting-190/primary-school-age-4-11-years-60/543525-5year-old-accused-being-racist-all.html

Only advising again

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:24 am

Didge, believe me when I say this:

I couldn't give a stuff about a school that would behave in any stupid way like that and if the girl is getting upset then perhaps her parents are a tad OTT and tad stupid.

If my daughter got upset because someone called her "white" or "cream" Erm......I'd say "Well that's the way the other child saw you. What's wrong with that?"

Utter crap. Utterly stupid.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:25 am

Now I'm taking my white arse to bed
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:07 am

eddie wrote:

I couldn't give a stuff about a school that would behave in any stupid way like that and if the girl is getting upset then perhaps her parents are a tad OTT and tad stupid.

If my daughter got upset because someone called her "white" or "cream" Erm......I'd say "Well that's the way the other child saw you. What's wrong with that?"

The above poroves you do give a stuff as you have been very defensive since I knew you would be when I brought into question your parenting skills. I am not concerned what will let go, that is your issue to deal with. What will be a concern for you is when you are called into explain why your daughter is calling people not by their names but by absurd names you have allowed and made acceptable not understanding how this may offend some people. So good for you that you would rightly say to your daughter how silly it all is, but you are not other parents or teachers and the fact you show little care if it does or might offend someone else shows your lack of respect for other people. This does not surpise me either of course as you only seem to care about yourself and never give to thoughts to how youir actions my effect others. Its not always about you Eddie, other people do matter and if you think they do not then that is a poor philosophy to have. Most people teach their children to repsect others, but hey you are the mum after all and its not down to me to help you parent your child.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:11 am

eddie wrote:Now I'm taking my white arse to bed

The colour of this outer page is white, what colour is this pert arse?

Gay couple [claim] abused by Tesco cashier / (skin colour from page nine) - Page 14 Butt
Does not look white to me?

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:49 am

Cuchulain wrote:
eddie wrote:

The above poroves you do give a stuff as you have been very defensive since I knew you would be when I brought into question your parenting skills. I am not concerned what will let go, that is your issue to deal with. What will be a concern for you is when you are called into explain why your daughter is calling people not by their names but by absurd names you have allowed and made acceptable not understanding how this may offend some people. So good for you that you would rightly say to your daughter how silly it all is, but you are not other parents or teachers and the fact you show little care if it does or might offend someone else shows your lack of respect for other people. This does not surpise me either of course as you only seem to care about yourself and never give to thoughts to how youir actions my effect others. Its not always about you Eddie, other people do matter and if you think they do not then that is a poor philosophy to have. Most people teach their children to repsect others, but hey you are the mum after all and its not down to me to help you parent your child.

didge I didn't read this as I'm done with the waffle and your desperately trying to get out of your stupid debate that you created because you lost the first one lol!

eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:51 am

Cuchulain wrote:
eddie wrote:Now I'm taking my white arse to bed

Gay couple [claim] abused by Tesco cashier / (skin colour from page nine) - Page 14 Butt

Yeah yeah

What dos you type into google didge to find a white girl's arse?

"White girl's arse"????

lol!

Bow out gracefully. You fucked this one up like the last one.

But at least your mummy thinks you're right. Gay couple [claim] abused by Tesco cashier / (skin colour from page nine) - Page 14 3489511464
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:57 am

eddie wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

didge I didn't read this as I'm done with the waffle and your desperately trying to get out of your stupid debate that you created because you lost the first one  lol!

All I read was "lol blah blah blah Didge, you have me with my back against the wall, and I dont't like it blah blah blah, I am a copout, blah blah blah.

If you want to think you won Eddie be my guest but the fact is you did not......

Your view was that many want to be white people then changed this to light brown, which was hilarious which was you judging a singer who clearly you are evnious of which is how this all started in the first place.
Poor petty evny was what set this off.

Basketball

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:59 am

eddie wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

Yeah yeah

"White girl's arse"????

lol!

But at least your mummy thinks you're right. Gay couple [claim] abused by Tesco cashier / (skin colour from page nine) - Page 14 3489511464

Yeah she is a great Mum Eddie, raised 11 children and still as fit as a fiddle.

As I say Eddie you are really turn a really bright green now.

Gay couple [claim] abused by Tesco cashier / (skin colour from page nine) - Page 14 7b628db223c6cd91e01c10eeffde1cde

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:18 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
eddie wrote:

Yeah yeah

"White girl's arse"????

lol!

Gay couple [claim] abused by Tesco cashier / (skin colour from page nine) - Page 14 7b628db223c6cd91e01c10eeffde1cde

Doubt it. Don't think Edds ever wanted 11 kids, besides, they have always had a tele.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:24 pm

Nems wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

Doubt it. Don't think Edds ever wanted 11 kids, besides, they have always had a tele.

You doubt she is great.

That is nice for you.

Never claimed Eddie did want 11 children, and I know she is a great mum thanks Nems.

These are debates that get heated, that is all.

I will ignore the childish comment about the tele as it just about sums up your infantile mentality.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14