NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

‘Charlie Hebdo’ Will Cease Publishing Cartoons of Prophet Muhammad

+5
Tommy Monk
Ben Reilly
eddie
Raggamuffin
Fuzzy Zack
9 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

‘Charlie Hebdo’ Will Cease Publishing Cartoons of Prophet Muhammad - Page 6 Empty Re: ‘Charlie Hebdo’ Will Cease Publishing Cartoons of Prophet Muhammad

Post by veya_victaous Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:34 am

I figure the opposition has existed for a while (Galileo etc) and our number keep growing with every generation

It is this fundemetal fear of the after life punishment that we see literal religious people jump up in arms where equality is obtained for groups of people discminated by doctrines in their faiths.

exactly they are cowards
So a solution is to prove to them an alternative

Also will create an interesting dilemma for many of them
Keep faith in an old book
OR trust the technocrats magic Twisted Evil
I figure at the point where 'digital afterlife' works and can be shown to work, very few of them will be brave enough to keep faith in book over a sure thing
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

‘Charlie Hebdo’ Will Cease Publishing Cartoons of Prophet Muhammad - Page 6 Empty Re: ‘Charlie Hebdo’ Will Cease Publishing Cartoons of Prophet Muhammad

Post by Guest Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:57 am

veya_victaous wrote:I figure the opposition has existed for a while (Galileo etc)  and our number keep growing with every generation

It is this fundemetal fear of the after life punishment that we see literal religious people jump up in arms where equality is obtained for groups of people discminated by doctrines in their faiths.

exactly they are cowards
So a solution is to prove to them an alternative

Also will create an interesting dilemma for many of them
Keep faith in an old book
OR trust the technocrats magic Twisted Evil
I figure at the point where 'digital afterlife' works and can be shown to work, very few of them will be brave enough to keep faith in book over a sure thing

Interesting Veya

All the best am off to work

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:17 am

The Devil, You Know wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I don't think that mocking people's religion is a step forward really.
if people are more outraged by a cartoon than beheadings, slavery, rape, murder and blowing up a baby in a training session then perhaps their religion needs all the mockery it gets.

I have no objection to those things being criticised, and I have no objection to the people doing them being criticised either, or stopped by force if necessary. What I mean is that mocking and sneering doesn't achieve anything. It just comes over as patronising and self-serving, and that annoys people - not to the extent that they go and shoot a load of people obviously - but I think it's counterproductive.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:43 am

Interestingly, many British papers did not publish the front cover of the first publication after the killings - the one with - I am Charlie, all is forgiven.

I don't think many of them have said why they didn't - other than a few comments about it it being an editorial decision which they were entitled to make, or that it was a sensitive issue.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6