NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

should halal and kosher food be clearly labelled??/

+2
Irn Bru
veya_victaous
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

should halal and kosher food be clearly labelled??/ Empty should halal and kosher food be clearly labelled??/

Post by Guest Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:33 pm

I think it should people should know what they are eating...

Back to top Go down

should halal and kosher food be clearly labelled??/ Empty Re: should halal and kosher food be clearly labelled??/

Post by Guest Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:02 pm

of course it should but it isn't i think our daughter in law looked up a squiggle on the packet of some beef and it turns out it means halal . Deceiptful or what as seen as most people don't know what it meant .

Back to top Go down

should halal and kosher food be clearly labelled??/ Empty Re: should halal and kosher food be clearly labelled??/

Post by Guest Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:04 pm

couldn`t care less

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:04 pm

Vicar of Dibley wrote:of course it should but it isn't i think our daughter in law looked up a squiggle on the packet of some beef and it turns out it means halal . Deceiptful or what as seen as most people don't know what it meant .

perhaps they are frightened that if they label it, people won't buy it...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:05 pm

isn't they way they kill the animal actually illegal in this country some say the animals suffer so it is not humane...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:15 pm

they get away with everything .

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:24 pm

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:isn't they way they kill the animal actually illegal in this country some say the animals suffer so it is not humane...

no, you are allowed to exceed the standard of halal and be halal, the point is it has to be clean and blessed
blessing can be conferred through a wall plaque Rolling Eyes

it would be funny if English people proved so paranoid/racist that they didn't buy something just because it was Halal or Kosher Razz Razz Razz
it is labelled here, pretty much all chicken products are Halal as is most lamb and beef. it is mainly the processed food where it becomes more of a thing as the original condition of the meat is not obvious.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:28 pm

veya_victaous wrote:
heavenlyfatheragain wrote:isn't they way they kill the animal actually illegal in this country some say the animals suffer so it is not humane...

no, you are allowed to exceed the standard of halal and be halal, the point is it has to be clean and blessed

it would be funny if English people proved so paranoid/racist that they didn't buy something just because it was Halal or Kosher Razz Razz Razz
it is labelled here, pretty much all chicken products are Halal as is most lamb and beef. it is mainly the processed food where it becomes more of a thing as the original condition of the meat is not obvious.

So veya, what you are saying is that personal choice is not to be allowed, in favour of that religion that we know you are enamoured with???

just askin like?

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:08 am

@Victor
do you believe saying 'ohh magic skygiant please bless this food' effects the food?
dedicate it to a million gods it make no difference. So if you are not going to eat food because some 'silly' people believe it has been blessed by a sky giant that make you 'silly' too. Neutral

the hygiene stuff is not bad, it really just means that pig products are made in a different area which they should be anyway to prevent cross contamination.

cattle run happens to face in a direction, a plaque over on the wall, kill the animal before it falls... done Rolling Eyes we (westerners) don't really give a shit about the direction or a plaque on the wall, and the boltgun achieves the rest. As we exceed the requirements for halal it is literally just point the run in a direction and a small plaque, happy to have as many plaques on the walls and people want Cool Cool
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:21 am

We had 11 pages of this last year and it all ended rather badly.

Probably another 11 coming up and it will proably end the same way lol

http://www.newsfixboard.com/t4532-pizza-express-uses-only-halal-chicken
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:37 am

Irn Bru wrote:We had 11 pages of this last year and it all ended rather badly.

No idea why you Brits still have an issue Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect

by veya_victaous on Thu May 08, 2014 8:09 am
::hdintowll:: ::hdintowll:: ::hdintowll:: ::hdintowll:: ::hdintowll::

Because Chicken is Halal Anyway, the way we already killed them was Halal Rolling Eyes

Halal is not some magic ingredient it is just a process, quite basic, and the way chickens are killed already compiles just by happy coincidence , that why when in doubt most Muslims will order the chicken (hardcore ones will go Vego option)
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:44 am

Vicar of Dibley wrote:of course it should but it isn't i think our daughter in law looked up a squiggle on the packet of some beef and it turns out it means halal . Deceiptful or what as seen as most people don't know what it meant .
So you just highlighted the real issue the Ignorance of the British

the Squiggle says 'halal' Suspect Suspect Suspect can't you read??? Cool
note it's use in every halal label from South Africa to Australia, Italy to Malaysia Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
should halal and kosher food be clearly labelled??/ 5844140-16x9-700x394
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:17 am

if any one of you where really starving you would eat halal meat regardless and i suspect most of you would baulk at killing an animal your self`s instead of popping down to the meat counter
And any one who thinks our methods are free from cruelty is really just dumb as shit

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:19 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:We had 11 pages of this last year and it all ended rather badly.

No idea why you Brits still have an issue  Suspect  Suspect  Suspect  Suspect

by veya_victaous on Thu May 08, 2014 8:09 am
::hdintowll:: ::hdintowll:: ::hdintowll:: ::hdintowll:: ::hdintowll::

Because Chicken is Halal Anyway, the way we already killed them was Halal  Rolling Eyes

Halal is not some magic ingredient it is just a process, quite basic, and the way chickens are killed already compiles just by happy coincidence , that why when in doubt most Muslims will order the chicken (hardcore ones will go Vego option)
not me veya i don`t give a toss

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:32 am

darknessss wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:

So veya, what you are saying is that personal choice is not to be allowed, in favour of that religion that we know you are enamoured with???

just askin like?

I have changed my mind over all of this and people do have a right to have all food labelled. There is no reason why it should not be labelled for people to decide themselves and this works for both Muslims and Non-Muslims alike. No arguments then and everyone happy.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:19 am

darknessss wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:

just askin like?

By the way if you are not talking about Buddhism or Taoism you obviously either never read my posts OR a little bit Obsessed with a particular religion Wink
I use the word Abrahamist more than most and that includes Muslims, Jews and Christians.

veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:28 am

I don't want to eat meat that has been prayed on by some moron with his arse pointing to mecca , i have a right to eat food that isn't contaminated by a pedo prophet prayer .
Notice how the price of pork has shot up more likely because we don't want to be forced to eat halal meat in this country .

Pork tastes better and we can be sure it isn't halal .

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:40 am

Vicar of Dibley wrote:I don't want to eat meat that has been prayed on by some moron with his arse pointing to mecca , i have a right to eat food that isn't contaminated by a pedo prophet prayer .
Notice how the price of pork has shot up more likely because we don't want to be forced to eat halal meat in this country .

What a stupid comment. If a Muslim is facing Mecca when praying then his arse will be facing in the opposite direction. Obviously. Numpty Wink
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:46 am

I personally don't care (I don't eat much meat but wouldn't care if it was kosher or halal) but I can understand some people, for their own reasons, not wanting to eat it.
Going by that logic, it should be labelled clearly.

eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:50 am

Eilzel wrote:
Vicar of Dibley wrote:I don't want to eat meat that has been prayed on by some moron with his arse pointing to mecca , i have a right to eat food that isn't contaminated by a pedo prophet prayer .

What a stupid comment. If a Muslim is facing Mecca when praying then his arse will be facing in the opposite direction. Obviously. Numpty Wink

why are you insulting me les i haven't insulted you have i , unless you're a Muslim .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:52 am

eddie wrote:I personally don't care (I don't eat much meat but wouldn't care if it was kosher or halal) but I can understand some people, for their own reasons, not wanting to eat it.
Going by that logic, it should be labelled clearly.

Indeed some meat should be clearly labelled as dangereous to asphyxiation.

should halal and kosher food be clearly labelled??/ Screen-Shot-2014-06-05-at-7.33.51-PM-493x350

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:53 am

we went on a weekend to Nottingham with our son daughter in law and grandson , we went for KFC and on the door it said it was halal so we asked the cashier for the post code to the nearest non halal KFC , we don't want to eat halal it is our right and so we avoid it like the plague

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:54 am

Vicar of Dibley wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

why are you insulting me les i haven't insulted you have i , unless you're a Muslim .

My post was obviously insincere, I was poking fun at the obvious mistake in your post. That said, I have zero respect for people who use language as you did above, so I couldn't careless.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:41 am

Eilzel wrote:
Vicar of Dibley wrote:

My post was obviously insincere, I was poking fun at the obvious mistake in your post. That said, I have zero respect for people who use language as you did above, so I couldn't careless.

that's because you support islam so much . I dare you to go into an islamic country and openly declare you're gay . How brave are you to do that ?
ps i couldn't care less if you're gay .

You're offended by the word 'arse' ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:45 am

Vicar of Dibley wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

that's because you support islam so much . I dare you to go into an islamic country and openly declare you're gay . How brave are you to do that ?

I wasn't offended. I just find your whole attitude vulgar and bitter. You slag off Muslims all the time (Muslims the people that is, not just Islam the religion). I don't support Islam, I find it as ridiculous as all mainstream religions as you well know.

As for your 'dare'; I dare you to do the same as say the things you say here in Turkey, Iran, Egypt etc- because you would see be on the end of a beating. It is totally uncalled for to talk as you do.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:50 am

Eilzel wrote:
Vicar of Dibley wrote:

I wasn't offended. I just find your whole attitude vulgar and bitter. You slag off Muslims all the time (Muslims the people that is, not just Islam the religion). I don't support Islam, I find it as ridiculous as all mainstream religions as you well know.

As for your 'dare'; I dare you to do the same as say the things you say here in Turkey, Iran, Egypt etc- because you would see be on the end of a beating. It is totally uncalled for to talk as you do.

You find the word 'arse' vulgar ????

I wouldn't openly go to an islamic country and say i'm a Chrisitan no way . But on the other hand i do not support islam whereas you defend it all the time , but it is clear you are terrified of the islamic laws regarding homosexuality . Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:53 am

also how is my dislike of islam any worse than all the anti-Christian threads on here.

Quill started one yesterday with a title that was completely wrong and yet it stayed on here until today and has been corrected .

Anyone with any sense knows that islam is violent and a hater of gays and women .

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:57 am

Vicar of Dibley wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

You find the word 'arse' vulgar ????

I wouldn't openly go to an islamic country and say i'm a Chrisitan no way . But on the other hand i do not support islam whereas you defend it all the time , but it is clear you are terrified of the islamic laws regarding homosexuality . Rolling Eyes

Are you completely stupid? No I don't find the word 'arse' vulgar in itself. But in the context you used it yes I do- it was your post that was vulgar. Do you know what 'context' means?

You could say you are Christian in many Islamic countries without a problem- Malaysia, Turkey, Jordan- I doubt they'd take issue. But if you started talking about arses facing Mecca then you'd have a problem. The difference is I'd have a problem based on dumb religious laws, you'd have a problem because you are being a mouthy disrespectful little gob-shite.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:57 am

Of course it should be clearly labelled. I don't eat meat (except fish) so it doesn't affect me, but others should have that choice.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:01 am

Raggamuffin wrote:Of course it should be clearly labelled. I don't eat meat (except fish) so it doesn't affect me, but others should have that choice.

I actually contacted my local council they said it is legal not to put it on the label, they had no plans to change it..
I think people should know ho the food as prepared but why is it allowed hen it is not humane and should be illegal in this country...

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:03 am

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Of course it should be clearly labelled. I don't eat meat (except fish) so it doesn't affect me, but others should have that choice.

I actually contacted my local council they said it is legal not to put it on the label, they had no plans to change it..
I think people should know ho the food as prepared but why is it allowed hen it is not humane and should be illegal in this country...

I'm not sure what it involves. I don't think they can just make an animal bleed slowly to death in pain - that would be against the law. I'm not sure that they actually do that though. The Government needs to clarify what "halal" actually means in this country when it comes to meat.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:17 am

Raggamuffin wrote:

I'm not sure what it involves. I don't think they can just make an animal bleed slowly to death in pain - that would be against the law. I'm not sure that they actually do that though. The Government needs to clarify what "halal" actually means in this country when it comes to meat.

apparently that is the way it must be done so halal should be illegal here as should kosher..
apparently all nz lamb is now halal...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:20 am

Raggamuffin wrote:

There is little difference between the methods, one has the animal zapped with electricity, hardly free of pain and then its throat is slit.
We are talking here moe on how quick the death is than anything else, but neither method is what ws would constitute as humane. The most humane method would be to put them to sleep, but it is about what is cost effective and to be honest those who eat meat really have little cause to complain when they eat meat from methods that do in fact harm the animal whether through stunning or not.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:21 am

Raggamuffin wrote:

apparently that is the way it must be done so halal should be illegal here as should kosher..
apparently all nz lamb is now halal...

I think more info is needed. There are strict laws re animal slaughter, so they must keep to the law like everyone else. I think it's more to do with praying or whatever.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:04 am

Belatucadros wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

There is little difference between the methods, one has the animal zapped with electricity, hardly free of pain and then its throat is slit.
We are talking here moe on how quick the death is than anything else, but neither method is what ws would constitute as humane. The most humane method would be to put them to sleep, but it is about what is cost effective and to be honest those who eat meat really have little cause to complain when they eat meat from methods that do in fact harm the animal whether through stunning or not.

+1 didge...though like you i think it SHOULD be labeled (and in english veya......just how many feckin languages do you think I should learn?)
as we have discussed....the ethics of farmed meat are not exactly shiney bright no matter how the animal is killed....

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:17 am

Best thing is to give up meat, then you won't need to know. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:25 am

oh so you are a veggie ragga...that explains a lot

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:29 am

darknessss wrote:oh so you are a veggie ragga...that explains a lot

No - I eat fish.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:31 am

I am astounded...I mean fish is supposed to be brain food

what went wrong in your case?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:32 am

darknessss wrote:I am astounded...I mean fish is supposed to be brain food

what went wrong in your case?

Wrong sort of fish probably.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:36 am

yeah...try not eating HAG fish......

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:36 am

darknessss wrote:yeah...try not eating HAG fish......

Don't bother ...
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:38 am

Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:39 am

i thought druids were supposed to be kind and friendly...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:42 am

whatever gave you THAT idea?

however unlike certain other worldviews, we havnt started any wars since the romans were here.......(and they started it first so....)

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:43 am

heavenlyfatheragain wrote:i thought druids were supposed to be kind and friendly...

Clearly not all of them ...
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:43 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
heavenlyfatheragain wrote:i thought druids were supposed to be kind and friendly...

Clearly not all of them ...

i'll say maybe he needs a week at stonehenge...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:19 pm

darknessss wrote:whatever gave you THAT idea?

however unlike certain other worldviews, we havnt started any wars since the romans were here.......(and they started it first so....)

Seems the little so called loving Christian blue peter knickers gang is trying to gang up on you.
Now there is a big error of judgement if ever I saw one lol
I shall sit back and enjoy

should halal and kosher food be clearly labelled??/ 2022273579

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:54 pm

why stonehenge??

scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch

and what makes you think druids are all cuddly friendly?

what part of the duid ethics do you even know...let alone understand

YOU cant even "get" the concept of just how tolerant the druids are.....

YOU cant even begin to understand that you are free to have YOUR faith.....

but ONLY until the point it knocks up against other peoples rights and freedoms (and we are not talking about obvious things that would break the law (of the land)

what part of "your" faith is in permanent conflict with most normal thinking people
becasue you have the warped idea of being "pre saved" and can thus be as big a prick as you want.

your constant unwarranted attacks on Eil prove me right on that point

NO normal, right thinking person could possibly hold, much less espouse the view you hold, nor express themselves in the playground bully type of uneducated drivel you use.

See I know your sort, cowardly name calling twats.....you wouldnt DARE use it to his face, and certainly not in front of witnesses.....

personally, I'd love to be present if you did....It would give me great pleasure to carry out a citizens arrest on you (hate speech IS an arrestable offence and thus subject to the use of citizens arrest) should halal and kosher food be clearly labelled??/ 859118666

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next