NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Missing Amber Peat: Body found in Mansfield

3 posters

Go down

Missing Amber Peat: Body found in Mansfield Empty Missing Amber Peat: Body found in Mansfield

Post by eddie Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:41 am

A body has been found by police searching for a 13-year-old girl who has been missing for nearly three days.

Amber Peat was last seen at home in Mansfield, Nottinghamshire at 17:30 BST on Saturday.
Formal identification has yet to take place but police said they were not treating the death as suspicious.
The body was found near a path close to houses on Westfield Lane about a mile from Amber's home. Her family have been informed and have asked for privacy.
Police thanked all who had helped in the search, particularly the Mansfield community.

Earlier on Tuesday, Amber's mother and stepfather said her disappearance was "completely out of character".
Kelly and Danny Peat, who had just returned from holiday with Amber, confirmed she had left her home in Bosworth Street without her mobile phone or any money.
They had issued an emotional plea for her to return, breaking down in tears as they spoke at a police press conference.
Mr Peat said: "We had just all had a brilliant holiday. It's just not right.
"We told her to clean a cool box out that we had had sandwiches in for the journey home.
"It was a chore, basically, and I'm sure all teenagers are the same, she didn't want to do a chore. That was the last conversation."
Ms Peat said: "We were in the living room and I heard the front door slam."
"I heard the door and when I went out I couldn't see her anywhere. She had just gone."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-32986664

Awful news.
Find it odd that the police are saying they are not treating the death as suspicious though? Are they saying she killed herself? Either way, such a sad day for her family.

May she rest in peace.

eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Missing Amber Peat: Body found in Mansfield Empty Re: Missing Amber Peat: Body found in Mansfield

Post by Guest Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:41 am

eddie wrote:
A body has been found by police searching for a 13-year-old girl who has been missing for nearly three days.

Amber Peat was last seen at home in Mansfield, Nottinghamshire at 17:30 BST on Saturday.
Formal identification has yet to take place but police said they were not treating the death as suspicious.
The body was found near a path close to houses on Westfield Lane about a mile from Amber's home. Her family have been informed and have asked for privacy.
Police thanked all who had helped in the search, particularly the Mansfield community.

Earlier on Tuesday, Amber's mother and stepfather said her disappearance was "completely out of character".
Kelly and Danny Peat, who had just returned from holiday with Amber, confirmed she had left her home in Bosworth Street without her mobile phone or any money.
They had issued an emotional plea for her to return, breaking down in tears as they spoke at a police press conference.
Mr Peat said: "We had just all had a brilliant holiday. It's just not right.
"We told her to clean a cool box out that we had had sandwiches in for the journey home.
"It was a chore, basically, and I'm sure all teenagers are the same, she didn't want to do a chore. That was the last conversation."
Ms Peat said: "We were in the living room and I heard the front door slam."
"I heard the door and when I went out I couldn't see her anywhere. She had just gone."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-32986664

Awful news.
Find it odd that the police are saying they are not treating the death as suspicious though? Are they saying she killed herself? Either way, such a sad day for her family.

May she rest in peace.

Dreadful news Sad

Back to top Go down

Missing Amber Peat: Body found in Mansfield Empty Re: Missing Amber Peat: Body found in Mansfield

Post by eddie Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:28 am

"The police are not looking for anyone in connection with the death"

So what does that mean? That she killed herself?? Sad
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:30 am

Maybe an accident of some kind?

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:40 am

eddie wrote:"The police are not looking for anyone in connection with the death"

So what does that mean? That she killed herself?? Sad

Kind of hard to come to any other conclusion, given the circumstances -- that is, if the police aren't just avoiding the investigation for some reason. It's pretty hard to imagine the elements did her in.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:06 pm

They said she hung herself?

What happy, otherwise normal teen, kills,herself over a family squabble and especially after "the happiest family holiday" (stepdads words)??

It's just odd.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:55 pm

I can't help thinking that there is more to this.  A normally happy 13 year old does not have a minor argument and storm out of the house to hang herself Sad

Really got to me this one, can't stop thinking about it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:56 pm

If she was on Facebook, they're probably looking at that to see if there was any bullying of some kind.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:00 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:If she was on Facebook, they're probably looking at that to see if there was any bullying of some kind.

I wonder if it was accidental Raggs, she didn't mean to do it. So sad No

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:03 pm

feelthelove wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:If she was on Facebook, they're probably looking at that to see if there was any bullying of some kind.

I wonder if it was accidental Raggs, she didn't mean to do it.  So sad No

It's possible I suppose. The police will know if that's likely, but there's not much info about it.

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:05 pm

There's a message on Facebook in which someone claims they killed her. It's being treated as a sick hoax, but I think it should be taken seriously, just in case.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:12 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:There's a message on Facebook in which someone claims they killed her. It's being treated as a sick hoax, but I think it should be taken seriously, just in case.

I think he said that he stabbed her and took her somewhere in the boot of his car.  The police are investigating, sick bstard Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:14 pm

feelthelove wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:There's a message on Facebook in which someone claims they killed her. It's being treated as a sick hoax, but I think it should be taken seriously, just in case.

I think he said that he stabbed her and took her somewhere in the boot of his car.  The police are investigating, sick bstard Sad

Oh, I didn't know he said he stabbed her. That would mean it's a hoax then. I thought perhaps that it might actually be true.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down