NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is it racist to think that your country, is better than others?

+3
Lone Wolf
Raggamuffin
eddie
7 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Is it racist to think that your country, is better than others?  Empty Is it racist to think that your country, is better than others?

Post by eddie Tue May 05, 2015 8:22 am

Is that a racist thing or is it a natural occurrence?
If you constantly go about saying "Well over here we do things far better....are far superior.....have far better this and that.."

Is that racism, boastfulness or pride in your country?

Seems to me that a few people on here claim to be so "left" yet when it boils down to it, they come across just as arrogantly as some RW Brits!

Is it right to keep on telling another person "Your country sucks"

If that was a white man saying that to a black African - would that be right?

Or is it only okay if the two countries involved are America and Great Britain?

Sorry this needs to be said as I'm getting rather peeved that certain people on the Internet can go on endlessly and rudely  about my country, yet I'm never rude about theirs.

Don't be scared or biased people, opinions please!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Is it racist to think that your country, is better than others?  Empty Re: Is it racist to think that your country, is better than others?

Post by Raggamuffin Tue May 05, 2015 8:32 am

eddie wrote:Is that a racist thing or is it a natural occurrence?
If you constantly go about saying "Well over here we do things far better....are far superior.....have far better this and that.."

Seems to me that a few people on here claim to be so "left" yet when it boils down to it, they come across just as arrogantly as some RW Brits!

Sorry this needs to be said as I'm getting rather peeved that certain people on the Internet  can go on endlessly and rudely  about my country, yet I'm never rude about theirs.

You mean Quill don't you? Laughing

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Is it racist to think that your country, is better than others?  Empty Re: Is it racist to think that your country, is better than others?

Post by Guest Tue May 05, 2015 9:07 am

Not interested, I brought this up before and had no support and people defended the person in question, so why now should I offer my help here.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue May 05, 2015 9:46 am

Rags I'm not particularly talking of him specifically, but if the cap fits....

I'm speaking in general. I see it all the time, Facebook, Twitter, other forums....
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue May 05, 2015 9:59 am

eddie wrote:Rags I'm not particularly talking of him specifically, but if the cap fits....

I'm speaking in general. I see it all the time, Facebook, Twitter, other forums....

I haven't seen such a thing on FB or Twitter. On other forums, I've seen the US being slagged off more than the other way round.

Quill seems to have picked me out as being a "typical Brit", and he doesn't seem to like them very much. Strange really as he's always slagging off the police and virtually every white person in his own country. lol!
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 05, 2015 10:53 am

I've certainly never seen it on Facebook or Twitter.  I can see the good in this country, but I can see the bad.  The atrocities we did in Kenya were within my lifetime, the harm we (with USA) have caused in the ME.  Then we have the NHS, which is probably the best thing ever (as long as we don't let the Tories destroy it).   So I have no illusions, and the people I talk to on Twitter from all countries seem to be the same, see the good and the bad.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 05, 2015 4:50 pm

enjoy it while you have it.....

it will soon be given away by the lefties.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 05, 2015 4:51 pm

or sold by the tories

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 05, 2015 4:59 pm

No, the Tories will just kill you off as soon as you get anything wrong with you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 05, 2015 5:00 pm

Oh for fuck sake tories this, labour that, if both stopped being twats between them the country would run better, but with have intolerant twats on both sides who just pathetically hate each other and clearly need to grow up

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Tue May 05, 2015 5:55 pm

The Brits don't think their country is better than others, they know it Razz Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue May 05, 2015 10:49 pm

pride in ones nation is patriotism not racism
it does 'change' when the other nation is also a different race
but that in not he case with the USA, UK or Paradise pirat pirat pirat

USA is famous for it
they literally wear their flag
Is it racist to think that your country, is better than others?  Loop-american-flag-guy-518

Aussies are getting better at it now we realize the rest of you suck so hard really the devil

veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue May 05, 2015 11:26 pm

I think the question's too vague. Do I think Americans are better people than the British, Australians or anybody else? No, but there are things I like about America that other countries don't have, so I feel at home here and feel that it's a better country for me.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Wed May 06, 2015 12:25 am

I don't need to look across the pond or anywhere else to find my country or my nationality being insulted because I get that right here.
Being told that Scots tend to be traitors or being told that 'we rule you and will do for years' is more than enough.
I've never had that from anyone from another country and I doubt I ever will.
It sucks doesn't it.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed May 06, 2015 12:49 am

Irn Bru wrote:I don't need to look across the pond or anywhere else to find my country or my nationality being insulted because I get that right here.
Being told that Scots tend to be traitors or being told that 'we rule you and will do for years' is more than enough.
I've never had that from anyone from another country and I doubt I ever will. Because Most people like scots a lot more than Englishmen, although i think like the Irish it is a combination funny accent and hard drinking that makes you guys so endearing Is it racist to think that your country, is better than others?  2097912929 Is it racist to think that your country, is better than others?  2108625937 Is it racist to think that your country, is better than others?  2097912929 Is it racist to think that your country, is better than others?  2108625937 Is it racist to think that your country, is better than others?  2097912929 Is it racist to think that your country, is better than others?  2108625937
It sucks doesn't it.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Wed May 06, 2015 1:08 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:I don't need to look across the pond or anywhere else to find my country or my nationality being insulted because I get that right here.
I've never had that from anyone from another country and I doubt I ever will. Because Most people like scots a lot more than Englishmen, although i think like the Irish it is a combination funny accent and hard drinking that makes you guys so endearing    Is it racist to think that your country, is better than others?  2097912929  Is it racist to think that your country, is better than others?  2108625937  Is it racist to think that your country, is better than others?  2097912929  Is it racist to think that your country, is better than others?  2108625937  Is it racist to think that your country, is better than others?  2097912929  Is it racist to think that your country, is better than others?  2108625937
It sucks doesn't it.

I'll drink to that.

'Slange Va

Bottoms up

Is it racist to think that your country, is better than others?  Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT60em1qiDq2qnSwprpzzN6lYkFZBdZJDmwwirTemQaqkFkH374
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 06, 2015 1:12 am

It sucks doesn't it.

Have some scots been traitors in history?

Of course, I mean we have William Wallace for a start rightly hung drawn and quartered.

If your gripe is about how many, then that is a historical debate is it not?

Razz  Razz   Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Wed May 06, 2015 1:18 am

Nemesis wrote:
It sucks doesn't it.

Of course, I mean we have William Wallace for a start rightly hung drawn and quartered.

Razz  Razz   Razz

But Scots don't tend to be traitors do they? And what do you think of a statement 'we rule you and will do for years'?

Why do you think that William Wallace was a traitor?
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 06, 2015 1:20 am

Irn Bru wrote:
Nemesis wrote:

Razz  Razz   Razz

But Scots don't tend to be traitors do they? And what do you think of a statement 'we rule you and will do for years'?

Well its making a historical claim about the Scots, which I am happy for you to take on.

William Wallace was tried and found guilty as a traitor and rightly hung drawn and quartered

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Wed May 06, 2015 1:23 am

Nemesis wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:
Nemesis wrote:

Razz  Razz   Razz

Well its making a historical claim about the Scots, which I am happy for you to take on.

William Wallace was tried and found guilty as a traitor and rightly hung drawn and quartered

Who tried him, what were the charges and under what Jurisdiction was he tried?
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 06, 2015 1:24 am

Irn Bru wrote:
Nemesis wrote:

Well itwas under English jurisdiction, he betrayed the English and rightly was guttet like a fish

Razz  Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 06, 2015 1:27 am

I mean here is a list of a bunch of traitorous scots:

• Donnchadh, Earl of Lennox (1425) – Executed by orders of James I of Scotland
  • Lord Walter Stewart and Lord Alexander Sewart (1425) – Executed by orders of James I of Scotland
  • Murdoch Stewart, Duke of Albany (1425) – Executed by order of James I of Scotland
  • Walter Stewart, 1st Earl of Atholl (1437) – Executed for his part in the murder of James I of Scotland
  • William Douglas, 6th Earl of Douglas (1440) – Executed on trumped-up charges in front of James II of Scotland
  • Hugh Douglas, Earl of Ormonde (1455) – Executed on the orders of James II of Scotland
  • John Douglas, Lord of Balvenie (1463) – Executed on the orders of James III of Scotland
  • Sir James Hamilton of Finnart – Master of Work to the Crown of Scotland (1540) – Executed by order of James V of Scotland
  • James Douglas, 4th Earl of Morton (1581) – Executed on the Scottish maiden for complicity in murder of Lord Darnley
  • William Ruthven, 1st Earl of Gowrie (1584) – Executed by order of James VI of Scotland
  • John Maxwell, 9th Lord Maxwell (1613) – Beheaded in Edinburgh for carrying out a revenge killing
  • Patrick Stewart, 2nd Earl of Orkney (1615) – Executed by order of James VI of Scotland
  • Sir John Gordon, 1st Baronet, of Haddo (1644) – Executed on the Scottish maiden by the Covenanters for treason as a Royalist
  • Archibald Campbell, 1st Marquess of Argyll (1661) – Executed by order of Charles II of Scotland on the Scottish maiden for treason
  • Archibald Campbell, 9th Earl of Argyll (1685) – son of above. Executed by order of James VII of Scotland on the Scottish maiden for treason

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Wed May 06, 2015 1:29 am

Nemesis wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:
Nemesis wrote:

Well itwas under English jurisdiction, he betrayed the English and rightly was guttet like a fish

Razz  Razz

lol!

woop woop
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 06, 2015 1:31 am

Irn Bru wrote:
Nemesis wrote:

Razz  Razz

lol!

woop woop

Yes woop woop indeed, the penny not dropped yet ha ha ha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 06, 2015 1:45 am

Irn Bru wrote:
Nemesis wrote:

Razz  Razz

lol!

woop woop

Oh well, he'll think beheading is nothing as he's all for gutting people like fish lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 06, 2015 1:51 am

Yep gutting a fish lovely.

Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed May 06, 2015 2:24 am

you cannot betray the English, that is stupid like saying you betrayed your abuser by reporting them to police. Suspect Suspect Suspect
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 06, 2015 2:50 am

veya_victaous wrote:you cannot betray the English, that is stupid like saying you betrayed your abuser by reporting them to police.  Suspect  Suspect  Suspect

England was in control of the lands, thus under English jurisdiction, so yes you can.
Also allies in nations where a nation can betray another.
So on both fronts you are utterly wrong.

Nighty night, I just love busting Irns balls, and every time he bites

Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed May 06, 2015 3:08 am

Nemesis wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:you cannot betray the English, that is stupid like saying you betrayed your abuser by reporting them to police.  Suspect  Suspect  Suspect

England was in control of the lands, thus under English jurisdiction, so yes you can.

Razz

Under Duress tongue tongue tongue
Poor little Scotland Abused and forced to do unspeakable things by England the Abusive Bully, when a Scot stands up saying "I don't like what you are forcing us to do" they are betraying the abuser are they?

Did you make people play 'stop hitting yourself'? Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed May 06, 2015 4:31 am

Sorry this needs to be said as I'm getting rather peeved that certain people on the Internet  can go on endlessly and rudely  about my country, yet I'm never rude about theirs.

We've been over this eds. What is the racial element?

So the answer is no. It's nationalist, tho. The kind of stuff that started WWII>

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 06, 2015 6:42 am

Original Quill wrote:

We've been over this eds.  What is the racial element?

So the answer is no.  It's nationalist, tho.  The kind of stuff that started WWII>

Nationalism can be very much racist, what do you think Nazism was based upon, where it made plenty of claims to the inferiority of Jews, slavs etc? The Nazi's made points around the inferiority of thinking and culture of the Jews compared to Germans, are you going to deny this?
You have presented views that the Brits are inferior in ways of thinking to the Americans, which is tantamount to racism. Not only is an absurd proposition based on how in your own country you still have mass problems of racial discrimination, but also how religion plays a huge part in how groups are disseminated against. So you are in position to claim any superiority in thinking when views are so divided, as much as views are divided on many things in the UK. It like Irn, who happens to be the most clueless on racism, and does not even understand its meaning, where he thinks because there is a claim Scots have had the most traitors does not in anyway view them as inferior but that in history it is questionable that there have had more traitors. He does not like the answer and thus shrieks racism like the left wing twat that he is.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 06, 2015 6:45 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Nemesis wrote:

Razz

Under Duress  tongue  tongue  tongue
Poor little Scotland Abused and forced to do unspeakable things by England the Abusive Bully, when a Scot stands up saying "I don't like what you are forcing us to do" they are betraying the abuser are they?

Did you make people play 'stop hitting yourself'? Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

I think you will find many Scots jumped into be with the English, so where does that leave your view, if they were happy to collaborate with the English?

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed May 06, 2015 6:55 am

You mean the traitors where happy to collaborate...
Interesting it seem you are right Scots are traitor IF they work for the English Oppressors
Is it racist to think that your country, is better than others?  3893789544
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 06, 2015 8:18 am

veya_victaous wrote:You mean the traitors where happy to collaborate...
Interesting it seem you are right Scots are traitor IF they work for the English Oppressors
Is it racist to think that your country, is better than others?  3893789544

When you think about many Scots have colloborated with the English hence my point, which is as seen is very valid. One could argue very clearly that it was a bunch of Scottish traitors that colloborated with the English to colonise Northen Ireland on lands confiscated from the Irish nobility. To this day it is their descendents that have created the strife in Northern Ireland. Imagine if they had not been greedy bastards and taken stolen lands, would there have been the troubles with the IRA and today there would no doubt in fact be a united Ireland.
All down to greedy colloborating Scottish traitors. It is like I say throughout their history there has been much colloboration, Irn may not like this but it is a fact of history. He can of course try to refute this, but my earlier point stands, even if he shrieks racism, it clearly is not racism, to point out facts.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed May 06, 2015 4:41 pm

I think everybody thinks their country is the greatest.
What is crass though, is to keep going on about it.

I've deleted certain people on Facebook over it.

Also I had a Muslim friend delete me recently, as she has become more religious.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed May 06, 2015 5:04 pm

Nemesis wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

We've been over this eds.  What is the racial element?

So the answer is no.  It's nationalist, tho.  The kind of stuff that started WWII>

Nationalism can be very much racist, what do you think Nazism was based upon, where it made plenty of claims to the inferiority of Jews, slavs etc? The Nazi's made points around the inferiority of thinking and culture of the Jews compared to Germans, are you going to deny this?

Yes, nationalism can be racist.  That was the case between Japan and the US, during WWII.  On the other hand, nationalism might not be racist.  For example, there is no racial component between two nations of the same racial derivation....Britain and the US or Canada, for example.  There might be racial divisions within one nation or the other...such as I imagine would be the case between Britain and Australia.  But usually racial sub-groups do not control the overall nation.

Nemesis wrote:You have presented views that the Brits are inferior in ways of thinking to the Americans, which is tantamount to racism. Not only is an absurd proposition based on how in your own country you still have mass problems of racial discrimination, but also how religion plays a huge part in how groups are disseminated against. So you are in position to claim any superiority in thinking when views are so divided, as much as views are divided on many things in the UK. It like Irn, who happens to be the most clueless on racism, and does not even understand its meaning, where he thinks because there is a claim Scots have had the most traitors does not in anyway view them as inferior but that in history it is questionable that there have had more traitors. He does not like the answer and thus shrieks racism like the left wing twat that he is.

As just proven, Britain and the US have no real racial differentiation.  The one big difference is the US has a large black population (11-13%), but there appears to be no antagonism between the UK and that population.  So it is impossible to characterize the differences between the UK and the US as racial.

In fact, so close are the US and the UK that each feel at liberty to tell the other when they (each) think that the other is behaving badly.  Britain spoke to the US in such a way over Vietnam.  The US spoke to Britain in such a way over Northern Ireland.  Think of it as an inter-family kind of thing.  

In that spirit I have pointed out that the Brits seem to have lost their verve…lost their willingness to act independently and stand up for themselves.  (Note: I am referring to the discussion about Britain's emerging passion for 'Rules' and conformity, above.)  But one cannot view that as negative in any way, because, were the Brits to take my advice they would be better for it.  Helping a sick man to take his medicine is hardly negative.

I believe that Irn is one of the most brilliant posters among all of our group (over several websites).  In fact, he is the one poster that equals your impressive talents, Nemesis…hence the constant competition between you two.  Irn is a Scot…and yep, there’s where you guys have a problem.

If I may speak freely, the English have an unjustified, but deep-seated notion that they are better than the Scots (as one Anglander once said to me: Our North is like your South [reference to America’s redneck country]).  The fact that the Scots outdo England 10:1 in education, wisdom, health, outlook and so many other things, has never sunk in over the past 1,100-years.  But the UK is run from London, and Scotland has just recently, again, decided to remain married to the abuser..so be it.

As a person with a passion, and a doctorate, in the history of British (Scotland as well as England) thought, these are the kinds of things I think about in my dotage...Lol...tho never with malice and always with lots of lov.

Last edited by Original Quill on Wed May 06, 2015 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 06, 2015 5:51 pm

I'm with Oscar Wilde:

Patriotism is the vice of nations.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 06, 2015 5:56 pm

Original Quill wrote:

Yes, nationalism can be racist.  That was the case between Japan and the US, during WWII.  On the other hand, nationalism might not be racist.  For example, there is no racial component between two nations of the same racial derivation....Britain and the US or Canada, for example.  There might be racial divisions within one nation or the other...such as I imagine would be the case between Britain and Australia.  But usually racial sub-groups do not control the overall nation.

As just proven, Britain and the US have no real racial differentiation.  The one big difference is the US has a large black population (11-13%), but there appears to be no antagonism between the UK and that population.  So it is impossible to characterize the differences between the UK and the US as racial.

In fact, so close are the US and the UK that each feel at liberty to tell the other when they (each) think that the other is behaving badly.  Britain spoke to the US in such a way over Vietnam.  The US spoke to Britain in such a way over Northern Ireland.  Think of it as an inter-family kind of thing.  

In that spirit I have pointed out that the Brits seem to have lost their verve…lost their willingness to act independently and stand up for themselves.  (Note: I am referring to the discussion about Britain's emerging passion for 'Rules' and conformity, above.)  But one cannot view that as negative in any way, because, were the Brits to take my advice they would be better for it.  Helping a sick man to take his medicine is hardly negative.

I believe that Irn is one of the most brilliant posters among all of our group (over several websites).  In fact, he is the one poster that equals your impressive talents, Nemesis…hence the constant competition between you two.  Irn is a Scot…and yep, there’s where you guys have a problem.

If I may speak freely, the English have an unjustified, but deep-seated notion that they are better than the Scots (as one Anglander once said to me: Our North is like your South [reference to America’s redneck country]).  The fact that the Scots outdo England 10:1 in education, wisdom, health, outlook and so many other things, has never sunk in over the past 1,100-years.  But the UK is run from London, and Scotland has just recently, again, decided to remain married to the abuser..so be it.

As a person with a passion, and a doctorate, in the history of British (Scotland as well as England) thought, these are the kinds of things I think about in my dotage...Lol...tho never with malice and always with lots of lov.

There you go the biggest load of horseshit you are ever going to here.
According to Quill there is now a racial differences between the US and British even though many share European heritage. The fact is the US has far more of a disparity with those who are classed as black than they are in the UK. You take a very poor view not even knowing the UK, where it is far removed from how you make out. Yes these is still institutional racism within the systems, but by and large the UK is not racist, far from it. If anything there is a growing problem  with the Asian question where religion plays a part in regards to Islam, because people are becoming more and more distrustful of Muslims, which needs to be countered by Muslims themselves standing up to extremism. You seem to have this daft view based around the rhetoric of some officials or people who spoke out on Vietnam, that is just absurd again to place a stereotype on the British people where again you are using a guilt by association to cast the British people who are very much now a diverse people and always have been.

If you think the British people have not the nerve to act, then you must have been either dead or asleep for the last few decades. We have seen the biggest marches against the Iraq war far more than you saw in the US. We had the miners strikes, the scum that they are, we had the Poll tax riots, another bunch of left wing scummers, but again, people stand up to things they do not like in this country and these are just few of these examples. The US were very sympathetic to the IRA cause to the point of funding them with arms, so that has to be your daftest assertion to date.

It has nothing to do with Irn's ethnicity why I think he is slimy pathetic weasel, it is his intolerant left wing commie views that I find appalling where he would rather place the well being and equality of groups of people to one side to defend groups of people that would actively discriminate, we see this with his ardent support of the terrorist group Hamas. I use the Scottish angle because he always every times bites on this like any sucker fish with a great bait. The fact is you forget ethnically I am not English but Irish/Sicilian/Maltese brought up with an English culture, coming from a working class family with the view to being grateful for the advantage I was given and I took it with both hands. I did not look to how being poor would disadvantage me, but made like the rest of my family the most of the chance to better my life, of which I certainly did. So no it has nothing to do with Irn being a Scot, I have friends that are Scottish who are not a complete tit like he is. It is his views I cannot abide by and worst of his utter hypocrisy. You cannot read people that is for sure and because you know little about psychology like I do. As I say, Irn is a smiley weasel the type you had at school that was the teachers pet and grassed up on his fellow students, I certainly have come across such scumbags before in my life and they are not worth the time

There is a playful rivalry between the English and the Scots nothing more, it used to be at one point very hateful, but this is now limited to a few idiots. It is now more fun through sports itself, so again you are well behind the times, because it is why you get so many things wrong in regards to the cultures of people.

The fact is, this was a nice attempt at deflecting away from yourself. You did make some really idiotic view points that could easily be construed as racist, because you demeaned the British as inferior to views you hold yourself, negating the fact you are one individual. The fact is I do not think you even realise now that you di, and there lies the problem

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 06, 2015 6:01 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:
Nemesis wrote:
I mean here is a list of a bunch of traitorous scots:

• Donnchadh, Earl of Lennox (1425) – Executed by orders of James I of Scotland
  • Lord Walter Stewart and Lord Alexander Sewart (1425) – Executed by orders of James I of Scotland
  • Murdoch Stewart, Duke of Albany (1425) – Executed by order of James I of Scotland
  • Walter Stewart, 1st Earl of Atholl (1437) – Executed for his part in the murder of James I of Scotland
  • William Douglas, 6th Earl of Douglas (1440) – Executed on trumped-up charges in front of James II of Scotland
  • Hugh Douglas, Earl of Ormonde (1455) – Executed on the orders of James II of Scotland
  • John Douglas, Lord of Balvenie (1463) – Executed on the orders of James III of Scotland
  • Sir James Hamilton of Finnart – Master of Work to the Crown of Scotland (1540) – Executed by order of James V of Scotland
  • James Douglas, 4th Earl of Morton (1581) – Executed on the Scottish maiden for complicity in murder of Lord Darnley
  • William Ruthven, 1st Earl of Gowrie (1584) – Executed by order of James VI of Scotland
  • John Maxwell, 9th Lord Maxwell (1613) – Beheaded in Edinburgh for carrying out a revenge killing
  • Patrick Stewart, 2nd Earl of Orkney (1615) – Executed by order of James VI of Scotland
  • Sir John Gordon, 1st Baronet, of Haddo (1644) – Executed on the Scottish maiden by the Covenanters for treason as a Royalist
  • Archibald Campbell, 1st Marquess of Argyll (1661) – Executed by order of Charles II of Scotland on the Scottish maiden for treason
  • Archibald Campbell, 9th Earl of Argyll (1685) – son of above. Executed by order of James VII of Scotland on the Scottish maiden for treason

Is it racist to think that your country, is better than others?  2418298

I THOUGHT you woz supposed to be a History Major, young Mr. Dodgeri  !?!

IN WHICH CASE yous should have realised that those "Scottish" kings were actually largely of Germanic and English ancestry..  AND as you have already stated earlier, sentencing their enemies under English law !

SO TELL us again, how a Scottish rebel or freedom fighter fighting against a foreign country be called a "traitor",
when by definition treason is committed against one's own country !

THEN AGAIN, the English do have a long proud history of slaughtering innocents to fatten their own bank balances ~ not just their fellow Englishmen, Scots and Irish ~ but also French, Native Americans and Canadian 'First Nation', Aborigines and Maoris, Indians, Chinese (the Opium Wars and the 'Boxer Rebellion"..), and not forgetting several African nationalities..

YOU ENGLISH are the last country that should be falsely accusing others of "treason" !!!

Is it racist to think that your country, is better than others?  859118666

So are present Queen of German heritage, that counts for didley, seriously, that has to be the lamest counter by you. So please do not even attempt that nonsense, as where do you want to draw the line on descendents? That would thus make you English by your argument if you were descended of course
Anyway this is more about the amount of Scots that did jump into bed and collaborated with the English of which there was countless, hence my point many of the were traitors.
Those are the facts

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 06, 2015 6:29 pm

There is one last thing I will add Quill, as to why I think Irn is a complete Dick. It is his abuse of history, that made me lose any respect for him. To the point he allowed pure bias, not once but twice to make very idiotic claims about Maggie in regards to the Falklands and Operation Blue Star. Neither had merit, but because of his hatred of Maggie, to him he would rather distort history and make poor claims. He is entitled to his views around her ability to Govern in this country and even condemn her on policies she made around the miners, the Poll tax etc, but I draw the line at the most pathetic attempt to distort history for his own personal agenda of hate. I would not mind if he had a valid case, but on either there was no validity, he tried to make poor connections that just did not fit. For one with Operation Blue Star, he made the most lamest view we should have sent advisers to negotiate an end to the siege. Why would she when she took the stance with the Iranian Embassy which ended in a complete success. We would of course send advisers how to end the siege militarily, of which they never even used the advice given. Yet he tries poorly then to blame her for the deaths that did happen as a consequence of how the military attempt to end the siege ended in disaster. More a combination of both sides playing a part in the tragedy. He though argued like a tit, trying to pin the deaths onto her, which was not only poor but disgusting. Giving military advice not used or if they had used and used wrongly would not be the British at fault. We know the SAS would not have advised such an ill conceived plan. One thing came out of the Iranian siege, was that Britain had the best export every nation was crying out for, the expertise of the SAS. It was one of our best exports. You know as well as I do a military commander is responsible for the actions and decisions they take in an operation, of which their Commander took his own decision and actions which led to failure. He allows his hate to guide his reasoning in both cases.  I allowed the first time to go by, but not the second, where his personal hateful agenda is just to me pathetic, that is why I have little respect for him and his intolerant hypocritical views.

There, now you know why I think he is a complete muppet and how he would try to get me to fight his own battles on another forum, was to me cowardly.What he neglects at every turn, is why he might and others hate her, I certainly do not, for the benefits and chances my family made from her policies. My family became better off from them and were very much proponents of her views on working your way in life.

Again I do not think you actively realise you were being poor in your views about the British, but you have to understand now more than any other time in history they are very diverse in their views. The polls showing such a split in views is testament to this fact and how now we have more than just 3 parties that people are looking to. I think you are just very much behind the times understanding the people of the UK and hence why your views can be contruesed to be in poor taste.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed May 06, 2015 7:11 pm

Nemesis wrote:There you go the biggest load of horseshit you are ever going to here.

Lol…well I try.

Nemesis wrote: According to Quill there is now a racial differences between the US and British even though many share European heritage. The fact is the US has far more of a disparity with those who are classed as black than they are in the UK. You take a very poor view not even knowing the UK, where it is far removed from how you make out. Yes these is still institutional racism within the systems, but by and large the UK is not racist, far from it. If anything there is a growing problem  with the Asian question where religion plays a part in regards to Islam, because people are becoming more and more distrustful of Muslims, which needs to be countered by Muslims themselves standing up to extremism. You seem to have this daft view based around the rhetoric of some officials or people who spoke out on Vietnam, that is just absurd again to place a stereotype on the British people where again you are using a guilt by association to cast the British people who are very much now a diverse people and always have been.

I said there was little or no racial difference.  Read more carefully.

Nemesis wrote:If you think the British people have not the nerve to act, then you must have been either dead or asleep for the last few decades. We have seen the biggest marches against the Iraq war far more than you saw in the US. We had the miners strikes, the scum that they are, we had the Poll tax riots, another bunch of left wing scummers, but again, people stand up to things they do not like in this country and these are just few of these examples. The US were very sympathetic to the IRA cause to the point of funding them with arms, so that has to be your daftest assertion to date.

I said VERVE , not nerve.  See above.

Nemesis wrote:It has nothing to do with Irn's ethnicity why I think he is slimy pathetic weasel, it is his intolerant left wing commie views that I find appalling where he would rather place the well being and equality of groups of people to one side to defend groups of people that would actively discriminate, we see this with his ardent support of the terrorist group Hamas. I use the Scottish angle because he always every times bites on this like any sucker fish with a great bait. The fact is you forget ethnically I am not English but Irish/Sicilian/Maltese brought up with an English culture, coming from a working class family with the view to being grateful for the advantage I was given and I took it with both hands. I did not look to how being poor would disadvantage me, but made like the rest of my family the most of the chance to better my life, of which I certainly did. So no it has nothing to do with Irn being a Scot, I have friends that are Scottish who are not a complete tit like he is. It is his views I cannot abide by and worst of his utter hypocrisy. You cannot read people that is for sure and because you know little about psychology like I do. As I say, Irn is a smiley weasel the type you had at school that was the teachers pet and grassed up on his fellow students, I certainly have come across such scumbags before in my life and they are not worth the time

Strange, I find him pleasant, contemplative and perhaps a bit more temperate than even you.

Nemesis wrote:There is a playful rivalry between the English and the Scots nothing more, it used to be at one point very hateful, but this is now limited to a few idiots. It is now more fun through sports itself, so again you are well behind the times, because it is why you get so many things wrong in regards to the cultures of people.

So…that vote last year was just a pleasant way to pass time??

Nemesis wrote:The fact is, this was a nice attempt at deflecting away from yourself. You did make some really idiotic view points that could easily be construed as racist, because you demeaned the British as inferior to views you hold yourself, negating the fact you are one individual. The fact is I do not think you even realise now that you di, and there lies the problem

Well, I do the best I can.

Last edited by Original Quill on Wed May 06, 2015 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 06, 2015 7:15 pm

You are welcome to your views of him Quill and have no wish to sway you either way. I am just explaining you are mistaken as to why I have no respect for him. I think very little of him and why to me his views are poor to say the least. The worst thing is he does not even stop to think what the Falklands actually means to me and my family, but hey, he is only interested in his agenda of hate.

As to the vote the Scots are proud like the English and some want independence, good luck to them, the fact is at present the majority do not, but it has little to do with hate why many would want to have their own self determination.

P.S. You seem to have a short term memory loss over the witch hunt against you in regards to the Golden gate Bridge Drama. Just be mindful, is all I will advise you in who you place your trust.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed May 06, 2015 7:29 pm

I think it's silly for you and Irn to be so at odds. You are both quite brilliant and were you not antagonistic toward one another, think of the great analyses and conversations we might have.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 06, 2015 7:34 pm

I think it is really sad that you cannot seemingly be proud of your country, it seems patriotism is a dirty word and european grey is the only colour you should have

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 06, 2015 7:35 pm

Original Quill wrote:I think it's silly for you and Irn to be so at odds.  You are both quite brilliant and were you not antagonistic toward one another, think of the great analyses and conversations we might have.

Your words have merit, but sometimes you can deal with a person long enough to lose patients with them and all respect. Of course it works both ways, and I do not claim to be any angel either in any of this, far from it, but I am very passionate in certain things I believe strongly in, as much as he is I am sure. Best to allow things to take their own course, as both his and my political views will always clash. The problem is I have apologized and moved on before only to have the past dragged up and rubbed in my face which he seems to take great pleasure in, where to me that is not him moving on. He can of course prove me wrong, but it never happens that way, so to me it is just one vicious cycle, which I doubt will ever mend.
Hey ho, I have said my peace but do welcome your words to try to mend, they are again with merit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 06, 2015 8:50 pm

Nemesis wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:

Razz  Razz
Yea well that`s just English rubbish Edward declared Wallace to be an outlaw and traitor. so now Legally, he could now be killed without guilt

And as to a traitor

trai·tor
ˈtrādər/
noun
noun: traitor; plural noun: traitors

a person who betrays a friend, country, principle, etc.

so as he was a SCOT he can`t be a traitor as England was not his country or friend

Last edited by korban dallas on Wed May 06, 2015 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 06, 2015 8:57 pm

Nemesis wrote:You are welcome to your views of him Quill and have no wish to sway you either way. I am just explaining you are mistaken as to why I have no respect for him. I think very little of him and why to me his views are poor to say the least. The worst thing is he does not even stop to think what the Falklands actually means to me and my family, but hey, he is only interested in his agenda of hate.

As to the vote the Scots are proud like the English and some want independence, good luck to them, the fact is at present the majority do not, but it has little to do with hate why many would want to have their own self determination.

P.S. You seem to have a short term memory loss over the witch hunt against you in regards to the Golden gate Bridge Drama. Just be mindful, is all I will advise you in who you place your trust.
And you seem not to care what the scots think about there country and history

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next