NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Louie Louie singer Jack Ely dies aged 71

Go down

Louie Louie singer Jack Ely dies aged 71 Empty Louie Louie singer Jack Ely dies aged 71

Post by Guest Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:25 am

Jack Ely, lead singer of The Kingsmen, who were best known for 1960s hit Louie Louie, has died at the age of 71.
His son Sean Ely said the musician died at home in Redmond, Oregon, after a long battle with an illness.
"Because of his religious beliefs, we're not even sure what (the illness) was," he said.
Ely's incoherent singing on Louie Louie led the FBI to investigate the famous track on the grounds that it might be obscene.
The law enforcement agents concluded, in a lengthy investigative report, that the song was "unintelligible at any speed".

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-32507885

Investigated????

Never realised that.

Anyway  R.I.P.

Back to top Go down

Louie Louie singer Jack Ely dies aged 71 Empty Re: Louie Louie singer Jack Ely dies aged 71

Post by Original Quill Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:30 pm

Nemesis wrote:Jack Ely, lead singer of The Kingsmen, who were best known for 1960s hit Louie Louie, has died at the age of 71.
His son Sean Ely said the musician died at home in Redmond, Oregon, after a long battle with an illness.
"Because of his religious beliefs, we're not even sure what (the illness) was," he said.
Ely's incoherent singing on Louie Louie led the FBI to investigate the famous track on the grounds that it might be obscene.
The law enforcement agents concluded, in a lengthy investigative report, that the song was "unintelligible at any speed".

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-32507885

Investigated????

Never realised that.

Anyway  R.I.P.

And to think we actually paid these guys real money.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Louie Louie singer Jack Ely dies aged 71 Empty Re: Louie Louie singer Jack Ely dies aged 71

Post by Guest Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:30 pm

Did you read the investigation though?
Links is above

Shows how things have moved on though since the 60's

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:43 pm

Nemesis wrote:Did you read the investigation though?
Links is above

Shows how things have moved on though since the 60's

I know.  My comment is in the nature of pausing to shake my head.  Money spent chasing down obscenity?  Billions of dollars have been spent trying to stop the word 'fuck' from being uttered, and hardly a cent to try to stop wars.

It's like when you watch one of these box office movies on TV...they spend millions on editing out the word 'bitch' or a shot of a love scene, but leave in the carnage and slaughter, which they call "crucial to the plot". In the final analysis, it's just one person trying to tell another person what to do.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down