NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jimmy Ruffin dead: Motown's 'What Becomes of the Brokenhearted' singer dies, aged 78

2 posters

Go down

Jimmy Ruffin dead: Motown's 'What Becomes of the Brokenhearted' singer dies, aged 78  Empty Jimmy Ruffin dead: Motown's 'What Becomes of the Brokenhearted' singer dies, aged 78

Post by Irn Bru Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:55 am

Motown singer Jimmy Ruffin, who found fame with hits including What Becomes of the Brokenhearted, has died aged 78.

The late singer’s children, Philicia Ruffin and Jimmy Lee Ruffin Jr., confirmed that their father's passed away in a hospital in Las Vegas, but did not give any further details.

Philicia led tributes to her father on behalf of her family, and called him “a rare type of man who left his mark on the music industry.”

"My family in its entirety is extremely upset over his death. He will truly be missed. We appreciate all of the love and prayers from our family, friends, his colleagues and his adoring fans. We will treasure the many fond and wonderful memories we all have of him," she added. [/i]

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/news/jimmy-ruffin-dead-motown-what-becomes-of-the-brokenhearted-singer-dies-aged-78-9871606.html

Thank you for recording this track Jimmy. It's a classic and reminds me so much of my early years.

Recorded a track with Style Council to raise money to help support British coal mining families during the great strike as was also an active anti drugs campaigner.

RIP Jimmy - Legend

Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Jimmy Ruffin dead: Motown's 'What Becomes of the Brokenhearted' singer dies, aged 78  Empty Re: Jimmy Ruffin dead: Motown's 'What Becomes of the Brokenhearted' singer dies, aged 78

Post by captain Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:54 pm

They are dropping by the week. It must be the life they lead. Sad
captain
captain
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down